Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,083 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search (27254 Views)

Reverse Image Search( Use Image To Search For Details Or Similar Images) / How To Give Your Usb Devices A Background Image / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search by gulfer: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2011
Guys, I thought this might be helpful on how to limit facebook interactions you do not want.
[How To]: Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search

Facebook changes spark online complaints
Recently, the search engine giant- Google launched its new Search by Image feature, and here we are, exploiting it for a better society.

Recently, I have been receiving a lot of add-requests on Facebook , from profiles that appear to be fake. Of course, you can identify them first by looking at the profile pic, which in most cases is a bit too bold. Then, the profiles mostly have friends of one particular gender, either all males or all females and not much information of their profile info page. Here’s a little trick to identify fake Facebook profiles using Goog

Facebook weaving in movies, music and news
le Search by Image feature:

# Log-in to Facebook using your account and go to the profile page of the suspected person. In my case, I received friend request from some Alisha Singh.

# Now, you need to download the profile pic (for further use). If you have permissions to view the profile pic, you can download it directly, and if you are not allowed to view the pics, just download the thumbnail from the profile page.

# Next, point your browser to Google Image Search, or click here. You will find a Camera icon in the search box. This is the new feature added by Google yesterday. Click on the camera icon and upload the profile pic you downloaded earlier.

# Now, Google will search for the image over the web and find relevant links to that image. If the Facebook Profile is fake, you will see malicious links in the search results, just the way I saw for Alisha Singh name fake profile. You can see the search results in the image below:

FOLLOW this LINK for more and picture DEMO-http://newsacross.com/10/04/how-to-identify-fake-profiles-on-facebook-using-google-image-search/
Re: Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search by Ketaros: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2012
I'd like to add more info about this. For most people who have been victimized by these so-called fake profiles can also try these tricks to smoke them out. Some profiles have recently "upgraded" themselves by posing as a well-known personality, either a hollywood celebrity or a politician, If you've been added before by these people, you've most likely come across a fake. Most celebrities don't have real accounts on facebook, but if they did have one then unless you are part of their inner circle of friends they'd most likely not know you.

Fake profiles might have fake friends too, beware of that especially if you think that the profiles are too good to be true and more or less just about the same. No disrespect to those with birthdays starting with 01/01, there are some fake profiles that exhibit this birthdate, because it is easy to set it up because it is the default date.

There's more tips on this link below to help you identify those posers on the internet especially on facebook.
http://darktips.com/11-tips-to-identify-fake-profiles-on-facebook
Re: Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search by tpia1: 6:09am On Aug 27, 2012
hmm, i do see questionable profiles on facebook occasionally, not sure how to guage them.
Re: Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search by MrWaters: 8:40am On Aug 27, 2012
I don't know you I can't accept your request. No need for it. Tx

(1) (Reply)

How To Find The IMEI Number Of Your Huawei/zte Modem / Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer / 6 Most Popular Methods For Cracking Passwords And Their Countermeasures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.