Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,863 members, 7,838,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 (28927 Views)

Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market / Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by ArcFresky(m): 8:19am On Jul 12, 2023
MykellOni:
Attendance: Present ✔️
Hmmmm this one wey naira dey devalue everyday by day so., Omoh I hope say e don dey favour all those it will favour me and my family peeps them so o.
I jz pray say no be from fry pan to fire we dey go so. It is well!

Let me ask you.
What do you need $$$ for?
Do you use $$ for anything you can get in Nigeria, locally produced?
Then you are part of the people destroying the economy.

You don't understand economics, all you understand is dollar is now expensive...
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by CutSoap(m): 8:21am On Jul 12, 2023
Join my FREE Importation Business Class and learn how to import from China, Dubai, USA etc for free👇
whatsapp 07026656641
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by waveman2: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2023
Oga we can never get sense the wickedness is inbuilt.Tribalism,religion,ethnicity is only the fuel to the wickedness,my neighbour will not suceed syndrome.These are what is killing nigeria.
bjdon:
It should drop to 1000 self. Nigerians MUST get sense by force. I'm fact part of me wants the courts to not give PO justice.
Let Nigerians Suffer for the next 4 years. By 2027 those that are still alive might finally have sense, and vote wisley.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by jaxxy(m): 8:25am On Jul 12, 2023
ReubenE:
Na ECOWAS chairmanship we dey celebrate. Maybe by the time we wake up, more national problems would have been added to the already existing ones

Most Nigerians love being lied to, for reasons that are not clearly known.
We always abandon critical issues in our national life to gloat over irrelevant issues.
Issues such as this will not be at the vanguard of national discourse but how XYZ leader is this and that.

This are just so expensive outside.

I told them propaganda and image laundering won't improve the exchange rate or economy only doing the right thing will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:31am On Jul 12, 2023
salbis:

This government will favour me and my family crew are getting their own exchange rate at 410 naira to a dollar.

Las las una must get sense sha.
It's has favoured me and my community people. Our own exchange rate is 110

1 Like

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:32am On Jul 12, 2023
12345baba:
Have they finished hitting the ground running already?
They did hit the ground but instead of running, they went 10fits under. wink wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by WantsandMore: 8:33am On Jul 12, 2023
salbis:

This government will favour me and my family crew are getting their own exchange rate at 410 naira to a dollar.

Las las una must get sense sha.
@410 government was Subsidizing dollar & has been subsidizing it since 2011. I'm pretty sure you never knew
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:34am On Jul 12, 2023
And tomorrow if I'd goes back to 787 they will say naira has appreciated cheesy grin
Thank God this naira devaluation will favour me and my community.

1 Like

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Khyrvxjzy: 8:47am On Jul 12, 2023
waveman2:
Oh transport palliatives is a scam too?Transport palliatives to farmers is a scam too?Always think before you talk.

no paliative for farmers. they should get whatever means there goods will get to consumers. are they not making profit?
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Khyrvxjzy: 8:48am On Jul 12, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I've move on, I don't support subsidy, but the street is extremely hard. Even if is just to increase the minimum wage, salaries and wages needs to improve.

you are right sir

minimum wage is long overdue. seriously we should be looking at nothing less than 80 - 100k
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by EdoBoy90(m): 8:50am On Jul 12, 2023
800naira to a dollar right
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Davicl: 8:53am On Jul 12, 2023
EdoBoy90:
800naira to a dollar right

805 to dollar now

1 Like

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Tianamen1: 8:55am On Jul 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes we should cut government spending, but it won't bring back subsides, nor would it be enough for subsides.
I never said anything about cutting government spending or subsidies.
I was referring to the introduction of import taxes and property taxes to reduce Nigerians' demand for dollars. This has the same effect as increasing production, which is much easier to accomplish. What is your opinion on this idea?

We have to earn more money, and I would be judging this government on its polices towards that, even more so than what they have done.
We don't have to earn more money. It is extremely harder to earn more money than to introduce taxation. Taxation that would mainly affect the rich.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Treadway: 8:58am On Jul 12, 2023
ArcFresky:

Let me ask you.
What do you need $$$ for?
Do you use $$ for anything you can get in Nigeria, locally produced?
Then you are part of the people destroying the economy.

You don't understand economics, all you understand is dollar is now expensive...
mehnnnn, so in 2023, we still have folks like you that are not very aware of things around them.

Except SOME foods, almost every item in Nigeria has components of it imported, with little to no local substitute. Vitafoam is a Nigerian company, but the chemicals, raw materials and even the textiles are all imported! This is the same for virtually every product you can think of. The drugs you use, except for vitamin c and paracetamol, you think they are made in Nigeria? Who do us like this? When you no even understand the nuances of a situation yet you are defending a position? Smh

3 Likes

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Believeintruth: 9:00am On Jul 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

So you are in essence saying that Tinubu copied Peter Obi (Sowore would have not removed subsidy by the way)....so if Peter Obi was in power, he would have done the same as Tinubu is doing now, and we would have had the same result.

Wonder what you would have said then?

(I did not vote for either Tinubu, Sowore or Obi by the way).

Tinubu is doing what he has to do because we haven't been making enough money. And even then, I expect Nigeria to borrow more.

Obi, at least, would have placed more emphasis on production...but even that takes time.

Oga stop trying to be half clever. Peter Obi's stand on subsidy and how it would be removed was what Tinubu used. The implementation and the procedure was where he goofed. Sowore's stand on floating the naira was also what Tinubu copied, and as usual the procedure or implementation was where he goofed. These two blitzkrieg or would i say poorly thought out moves has made Nigerians poorer. See we have a revenue leakage issue, and it takes all sincerity to plug those leakages because it is corruption that is fueling the leakages. it is not hard, and one thing is clear Tinubu does not have the moral sincerity to do that, let us not kid ourselves

1 Like

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by SenatePresdo(m): 9:02am On Jul 12, 2023
jesmond3945:
this is rubbish bro. Use your your head. Buhari is the cause of all these. Tinubu just inherited a huge mess.

Tinubu inherited a mess i agree, but also agree with me that Tinubu is adding to the mess instead of reducing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Treadway: 9:03am On Jul 12, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

no paliative for farmers. they should get whatever means there goods will get to consumers. are they not making profit?
we know una. You enter a shop now to buy something, they tell you the price and you wail that it is too expensive, and how we are the ones doing ourselves. Meanwhile na una be the problem as seen here. Don't worry, buy the time the prices of everything triples all round latest by December, I no expect una to still get sense.

I have since come to the realisation that Nigerians deserve no form of pity, as they love suffering and adore those who will make them groan. If I join politics tomorrow, I will also be as 'pharaohic' as possible. Enjoy.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Reference(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2023
ReubenE:
Na ECOWAS chairmanship we dey celebrate. Maybe by the time we wake up, more national problems would have been added to the already existing ones

Most Nigerians love being lied to, for reasons that are not clearly known.
We always abandon critical issues in our national life to gloat over irrelevant issues.
Issues such as this will not be at the vanguard of national discourse but how XYZ leader is this and that.

This are just so expensive outside.

They will call you a hater for this.
I thought with the removal of subsidies there was an economic plan.... to get this country out of the rut.
But alas the removals was THE PLAN.
Just sad.

2 Likes

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Reference(m): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2023
MISSCONGENIALITY:
They did hit the ground but instead of running, they went 10 feet under. wink wink cheesy

Hmmm.... you watch too many cartoons... grin
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Khyrvxjzy: 9:35am On Jul 12, 2023
Treadway:
we know una. You enter a shop now to buy something, they tell you the price and you wail that it is too expensive, and how we are the ones doing ourselves. Meanwhile na una be the problem as seen here. Don't worry, buy the time the prices of everything triples all round latest by December, I no expect una to still get sense.

I have since come to the realisation that Nigerians deserve no form of pity, as they love suffering and adore those who will make them groan. If I join politics tomorrow, I will also be as 'pharaohic' as possible. Enjoy.

bro u cant be a politician u can never win a national election no be lie. i no hate u bro

no paliative can cushion wahala wey dey, if farmers get paliative civil servant nko, people in private organization nko

bro no be emotion, u cant run a street properly if u are cda chaiman

d person i quoted see reason in what i said, and we both talk about minimum wage

for your information i am a farmer

1 Like

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by jesmond3945: 9:54am On Jul 12, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Tinubu inherited a mess i agree, but also agree with me that Tinubu is adding to the mess instead of reducing it.
how?
Is not even up to 2 months.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by jesmond3945: 10:01am On Jul 12, 2023
Iamzik:

You can not solve a problem until you agree that the problem exist. Tinubu made a careless statement on inauguration day that threw the country into panic mode but you lots will never say the truth.

Marketers knew that subsidy was paid for until June. Why didn't they increase the price before buhari left? Tinubu should have put some basic plans in motion like making sure that enough petrol is available and filling stations are open throughout the transition period plus some little palliative like transportation.

But No, you APC supporters are too blind to see. Thank God there is no special market for APC supporters. And na Una go cry pass
No no.
You want tinubu to lie to nigerians?
Nigeria is broke.
Buhari came in and finished the country. It is buhari that borrowed billions.
Tinubu doesnt want to borrow more thats why he is taking fuel and dollar subsidy money to do some work.
At least tinubu is taking responsibility, buhari never did. Always blaming, no accountability.
Is it tinubu that inaugurated a refinery that is yet to work?
Buhari lied to nigerians, sold propaganda, sold ethnic hate. Please leave tinubu alone.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by bionixs: 10:11am On Jul 12, 2023
APC , masters in just talking.
These jokers do better being opposition and armchair critics.

Apart from favouratism and fraud, show me any of these men that can handle business of their own.

Bunch of lettered jokers, building castles in the air , impressing their shallow minded tibalistic followers

1 Like

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Ikaeniyan0: 10:46am On Jul 12, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

you are right sir

minimum wage is long overdue. seriously we should be looking at nothing less than 80 - 100k
I do not think a lot of states will be able to pay 80-100k. Setting of minimum wage should be move from the exclusive to the concurrent list. in my own opinion, minimum wage should be from 75k in Abuja and Lagos,it should also be close to that in other states where the cost of living is high
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Khyrvxjzy: 11:55am On Jul 12, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I do not think a lot of states will be able to pay 80-100k. Setting of minimum wage should be move from the exclusive to the concurrent list. in my own opinion, minimum wage should be from 75k in Abuja and Lagos,it should also be close to that in other states where the cost of living is high

i know it can be possible

am saying that out of pity, even 80k. wetin e fit do person especially people in lag and abj

its well

1 Like

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by okuta007: 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

peter obi or any ibo will never be president

why not return to 1966 since living in 2023 is a burden for you..
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Khyrvxjzy: 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
okuta007:

why not return to 1966 since living in 2023 is a burden for you..

it not possible

i miss it but i want it to happen now so i can see it
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by SenatePresdo(m): 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2023
jesmond3945:
how?
Is not even up to 2 months.

Were we suffering like this last two months when Buhari was still president?

My neighbor has not even drove his car since last two weeks because of fuel.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Meerahbel: 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
grin
jconsulting:

Only lazy folks like you complain , when you earn USD you smile to bank. Go learn a skill , Data Analyst, Cyber Security, Customer Care Mgt and lot of programming languages are available to learn but since you are use to free money you complain your ass out

1 Like

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by HRprof: 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
Akaegwu:
I pity poor people like Ekene, Musa , Ovie, Efiong. I'm happy all Kayode, Femi etc are smiling to the bank. 450 at Tinubu's micro finance bank.
Imagine how you reduced Tinubu to micro what happened to his commercial bank Has dollar finish there
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by blesdman(m): 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

whats amus
Typo, another

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NIN/BVN: Opay To Log Out Accounts By March 1, Issues 5m Cards / How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents / Ifeanyi Ubah At World Cup In Russia: "A Win For France Is A Win For Africa"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.