Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way (16156 Views)

Nigerian Agriculture - Farming In Nigeria / Which Agriculture Sector Can I Venture Into With Capital Of N200,000 / Brazil To Inject $1.1b Into Nigerian Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 10:14am On Jul 13, 2023
I have been on Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) and Nigeria Institute for Oil Palm Research's (NIFOR) website respectively trying to buy Cashew Nuts Seeds and Coconut Seedlings, but I would never be able to because of some corrupt individuals working against the interest of agriculture in the country. For goodness sake, what will it cost you to have a user friendly website where payments can easily be made and my products delivered to wherever I am in the country?

These are institutes heavily subsidised and are solely established to cater for the agricultural needs of Nigeria. However, buying anything from them is near impossible as some of their workers are rumoured to resell at exorbitant prices to not so willing but powerless buyers. To make this into perspective, NIFOR sells a seedling of Coconut for 1500 and the least you can probably get that outside their walls is 2500. Some go as selling for 5000 or even more. For CRIN's cashew nuts jumbo seeds, the establishment sells for 1500 per kg and you get that around 4500 or even more from these ugly individuals.

It takes forever for them to reply your emails, the phone details are not easily seen, they most probably don't have one. The only thing that works well with lack of transparency is the desire to steal, exploit, and/or extort. Call it anything, it's most likely a negative thing.

My question will be, why do we love exploiting and wreaking havocs on ourselves? How difficult is it to be a decent human being? Are we so useless we can't seem to get anything right? I believe we can do better and we should be doing better.

Admin, please kindly move to the front page. Let their ogas respond to these allegations.

112 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by crossfm: 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hehehe.

Nigerians make simple things to become complex . Once there is no avenue to loot,they don't do their jobs.

Agriculture should be given extra attention. If money no da atlist make food cheap grin.

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Image123(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
Nigerians are fantastically corrupt people. They need iron hand, not sissies like Obi lamba that his wife shouts on him to stay in Lagos and his ipobic followers bark on him to delete tweets.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by nlreserve: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
Toor!
And they want to share 8k to family's to consume and become hungry again. APC is a menace to Nigeria

Image123:
Nigerians are fantastically corrupt people. They need iron hand, not sissies like Obi lamba that his wife shouts on him to stay in Lagos and his ipobic followers bark on him to delete tweets.
Obi is not in charge of Nigeria and had never been. Why blame Obi for the corruption under APC?

If it is not corruption that made a looser the president, then tell me who is the problem of Nigeria. Obi I guess!

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by abibox02: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
K
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Teewhy0709(m): 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
Na real wa
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by eepeepook: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
Na subsistence farming concern me. The country is unserious.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by lexy2014: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:
I have been on Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) and Nigeria Institute for Oil Palm Research's (NIFOR) website respectively trying to buy Cashew Nuts Seeds and Coconut Seedlings, but I would never be able to because of some corrupt individuals working against the interest of agriculture in the country. For goodness sake, what will it cost you to have a user friendly website where payments can easily be made and my products delivered to wherever I am in the country?

These are institutes heavily subsidised and are solely established to cater for the agricultural needs of Nigeria. However, buying anything from them is near impossible as some of their workers are rumoured to resell at exorbitant prices to not so willing but powerless buyers. To make this into perspective, NIFOR sells a seedling of Coconut for 1500 and the least you can probably get that outside their walls is 2500. Some go as selling for 5000 or even more. For CRIN's cashew nuts jumbo seeds, the establishment sells for 1500 per kg and you get that around 4500 or even more from these ugly individuals.

It takes forever for them to reply your emails, the phone details are not easily seen, they most probably don't have one. The only thing that works well with lack of transparency is the desire to steal, exploit, and/or extort. Call it anything, it's most likely a negative thing.

My question will be, why do we love exploiting and wreaking havocs on ourselves? How difficult is it to be a decent human being? Are we so useless we can't seem to get anything right? I believe we can do better and we should be doing better.

Admin, please kindly move to the front page. Let their ogas respond to these allegations.

What makes you think their ogas are on nairaland?

If they can't respond to emails, na nairaland dem.go see?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Judolisco(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
Better enter ekiti or ondo go buy ur thing yourself

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by ArewaNightmare: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
grin
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Kimjongun: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
I hope the concerned body are here to resolve this

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Highways: 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
Same thing with immigration... If you decide to do it by yourself, they will delay you

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Kukutenla: 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
Wow
Op is a good Nigerian
He wants to earn forex for his country
But the govt is offering him 8k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by GreatManBee: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:

Very true! I once wrote to IITA (ibadan), called the phone number and even visited some year ago in the needed to buy some seedlings for research. Unfortunately I never go any response! So bad!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by jydeskill1(m): 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
Jagaban has taken note of your concerns. You will see improvement in the next few days. I will also urge you to notify the Federal Competition & Consumer Protection Commission

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by MuslimIgbo: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
Agbadi
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by qtx(m): 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
Just come my village u will buy at cheaper rates and u will have truck loads if you are serious.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by RapistOnBail: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
cool
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by AbuTwins: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
The Problem of Nigeria is Nigerians!

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Mindlog: 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
There are racketeering rings in various agricultural research institutes across Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by nlreserve: 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
Image123:
Obi is not in charge of Nigeria and had never been. Why blame Obi for the corruption under APC?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by optionalY09: 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
If i become the president of Nigeria i will make it a thing for everyone that have a piece of land to plant something on it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by uuzba(m): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Nigerians make simple things to become complex . Once there is no avenue to loot,they don't do their jobs.
Nigerians do not like the nation Nigeria. They don't feel that they are part of a group or one nation.
They feel that the government is wicked and does not meet the diverse needs of the people.
There's so many cultures and tribes here in Nigeria and the government has not been able to coordinate the tribes with each other. So these tribes see themselves as enemies and the government as a wicked principal forcing them together.
Hence people just do everything to destroy every government facility.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by juman(m): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
The next agric minister must be a committed agric expert that has passion to develop agriculture in nigeria.

Jonathan achieved some success when he was president because agric minister was very good hand.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
You wan buy Agricultural products as a Nigerian living within the country and you dey go websites owned and run by their government parent bodies for the purchase?

You never ready to buy anything!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by SaLongs1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
It is rather unfortunate because a well fed society is the beginning of an advanced country. Our leaders should look at all the advanced countries of the world and agriculture is usually heavily subsidized instead of being stunted as is the case in most of Africa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by happney65: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
Lmao. I don't know about NIFOR but you see CRIN, make person no talk.. grin grin grin.

Talking from personal experience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by SaLongs1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
optionalY09:
If i become the president of Nigeria i will make it a thing for everyone that have a piece of land to plant something on it
I am a diehard farmer but I also know that not everyone likes farming at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by juman(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
optionalY09:

"If i become the president of Nigeria"

Tinubu said that many times like others.
Now he is the president, he should do right things.
So many things to correct.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by ozome15(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
There are two way of doing things in this side of the world. Nigeria way pro and the Nigeria promiw way.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Not Trading Soya Again. / Improved Treated Dwarf Hybrid Plantain/Banana Sucker ( See Video Below ) / Kebbi Begins Massive Soya Beans Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.