Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,483 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way (16203 Views)

Nigerian Agriculture - Farming In Nigeria / Which Agriculture Sector Can I Venture Into With Capital Of N200,000 / Brazil To Inject $1.1b Into Nigerian Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by mrvitalis(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:
I have been on Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) and Nigeria Institute for Oil Palm Research's (NIFOR) website respectively trying to buy Cashew Nuts Seeds and Coconut Seedlings, but I would never be able to because of some corrupt individuals working against the interest of agriculture in the country. For goodness sake, what will it cost you to have a user friendly website where payments can easily be made and my products delivered to wherever I am in the country?

These are institutes heavily subsidised and are solely established to cater for the agricultural needs of Nigeria. However, buying anything from them is near impossible as some of their workers are rumoured to resell at exorbitant prices to not so willing but powerless buyers. To make this into perspective, NIFOR sells a seedling of Coconut for 1500 and the least you can probably get that outside their walls is 2500. Some go as selling for 5000 or even more. For CRIN's cashew nuts jumbo seeds, the establishment sells for 1500 per kg and you get that around 4500 or even more from these ugly individuals.

It takes forever for them to reply your emails, the phone details are not easily seen, they most probably don't have one. The only thing that works well with lack of transparency is the desire to steal, exploit, and/or extort. Call it anything, it's most likely a negative thing.

My question will be, why do we love exploiting and wreaking havocs on ourselves? How difficult is it to be a decent human being? Are we so useless we can't seem to get anything right? I believe we can do better and we should be doing better.

Admin, please kindly move to the front page. Let their ogas respond to these allegations.
You just discovered a business opportunities sir start your own quality seedlings business

If u want good seeds contact East west seeds
They are the best in Nigeria have agents across Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by sagitariusbaby(m): 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
Please go to Benin and buy at cheaper rates especially coconut I mean improved seedlings
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Menclothing: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
Nigerians are mostly greedy and expect Miracle to happen
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by glozyyy(m): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
You see this individuals called Nigerians ba, they love to see each other suffer, that's the only thing that gives the typical Nigerian man joy.....God forbid these people they are worse than the devil.
Nigerians fear them. Poverty of the brain is what these set of corrupt Nigerians have.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Angelfrost(m): 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Agriculture, Health, Sports, Education... Not one sector works or functions by any standard!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by djon78(m): 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:
I have been on Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) and Nigeria Institute for Oil Palm Research's (NIFOR) website respectively trying to buy Cashew Nuts Seeds and Coconut Seedlings, but I would never be able to because of some corrupt individuals working against the interest of agriculture in the country. For goodness sake, what will it cost you to have a user friendly website where payments can easily be made and my products delivered to wherever I am in the country?

These are institutes heavily subsidised and are solely established to cater for the agricultural needs of Nigeria. However, buying anything from them is near impossible as some of their workers are rumoured to resell at exorbitant prices to not so willing but powerless buyers. To make this into perspective, NIFOR sells a seedling of Coconut for 1500 and the least you can probably get that outside their walls is 2500. Some go as selling for 5000 or even more. For CRIN's cashew nuts jumbo seeds, the establishment sells for 1500 per kg and you get that around 4500 or even more from these ugly individuals.

It takes forever for them to reply your emails, the phone details are not easily seen, they most probably don't have one. The only thing that works well with lack of transparency is the desire to steal, exploit, and/or extort. Call it anything, it's most likely a negative thing.

My question will be, why do we love exploiting and wreaking havocs on ourselves? How difficult is it to be a decent human being? Are we so useless we can't seem to get anything right? I believe we can do better and we should be doing better.

Admin, please kindly move to the front page. Let their ogas respond to these allegations.

Not just Agriculture but entire system in Nigeria
It was delibrately designed like that
They don't want a progressive country

The only way is to insulate yourself somehow to reduce the draw back and move on in Life

Once you insulate yourself, you are good to go
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by BlueBlackPackag(m): 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
I reached out to NIFOR through the email on their website and I got response almost immediately. The price they gave me for seeds and seedlings of tenera palm was relatively cheap. I don't know why your case is different anyways.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by ShaqFu: 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:

These are the people who still insult the government and call them all sort of repulsive name, forgetting whatever insult they throw at the government returns to them a thousand folds.

Bunch of bloody wankers.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Fiscus105(m): 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
Naija civil servants? If u dnt bribe ur way out, u will never scale tru. Go to immigrantion and see things.

Any president/gov that really want to develop naija, he needs serious work on naija civil service.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by MohammadSAW: 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
Image123:
Nigerians are fantastically corrupt people. They need iron hand, not sissies like Obi lamba that his wife shouts on him to stay in Lagos and his ipobic followers bark on him to delete tweets.

We generally don't want kafiris occupying the highest seat of power in Nigeria.
Peter Obi is a kafiri and Tinubu been a Yoruba Muslim,we don't rate Yoruba Muslims as genuine Muslims.
He's also a lesser kafiri that's why we all wanted the unifier,Atiku.

We only voted for Tinubu because of the Islamization of Nigeria agenda aside that, he's also useless to us.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Image123(m): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
nlreserve:
Toor!
And they want to share 8k to family's to consume and become hungry again. APC is a menace to Nigeria

Obi is not in charge of Nigeria and had never been. Why blame Obi for the corruption under APC?

If it is not corruption that made a looser the president, then tell me who is the problem of Nigeria. Obi I guess!

i don't think the 8k reach you oh, or are you fantastically poor? How much do you suggest to be shared as free money? The FG does not owe anybody money. It is goodwill to decide to give people 8k for 6 months consecutively. If you are not okay, you can add to the 8k. What the FG owes us all is to improve healthcare, education, roads, and infrastructure. Allow them pump more strength and money into that than some freebie that some fantastically corrupt people will still try to corner.
Obi your friend is being avoided, not blamed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Image123(m): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
MohammadSAW:

We generally don't want kafiris occupying the highest seat of power in Nigeria.
Peter Obi is a kafiri and Tinubu been a Yoruba Muslim,we don't rate Yoruba Muslims as genuine Muslims.
He's also a lesser kafiri that's why we all wanted the unifier,Atiku.

We only voted for Tinubu because of the Islamization of Nigeria agenda aside that, he's also useless to us.

Who cares again?
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by mamaafrik(m): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:

They do so because "ọga tá ọga kota owó alárùn a pe" syndrome.

Get intouch with people at Federal University of agriculture, Abeokuta, your issue is an ìtì ogẹẹdẹ thing.
Or you d.m me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by MohammadSAW: 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
Image123:

Who cares again?

je ka tambaya baba ka.
Kia dan iska ne.
ba ka da hankali walahi.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by onegig(m): 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
Always said it. Nigerians in all spheres of work and corners of the country are the reason why the country doesn't work.

Yes, Government has a part to do. But a lot of Nigerians are always findings ways to exploit in whatever they do.

Always exploiting, always looking for loopholes to cheat and gain more than deserved. Government can't police every inch of the country to arrest everybody for wrongdoing. What are Nigerians doing in their own capacities to do the RIGHT thing always to make the country a better place?

Every nook and cranny is filled with people sabotaging the government and their fellow countrymen. Even if you build all the infrastructure in the world if you such rotten behavior from TOP to BOTTOM, the country would always be a cesspit.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by johannu(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Omenlon: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
Funny enough, those in charge of these institutes will still be among those blaming the country of bad leadership. Their Ogas and those indulging in this corrupt practices are either Christian or Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by johannu(m): 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
crossfm:
Nigerians make simple things to become complex.
Fools make simple things to become complex.
Nigerians are __________________
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Sprints3: 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:

call IMF dey will help u. Your African leaders take orders From IMF contact the owner of IMF for it
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by CodeTemplar: 6:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
ShaqFu:
These are the people who still insult the government and call them all sort of repulsive name, forgetting whatever insult they throw at the government returns to them a thousand folds.

Bunch of bloody wankers.
goat like thinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by OgbeniOja1: 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
Thunder fire you and jagaban. Bought 10k fuel today, it was a joke.
jydeskill1:
Jagaban has taken note of your concerns. You will see improvement in the next few days. I will also urge you to notify the Federal Competition & Consumer Protection Commission
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by ShaqFu: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
goat like thinking.
your father.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by chipet67(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
juman:
The next agric minister must be a committed agric expert that has passion to develop agriculture in nigeria.

Jonathan achieved some success when he was president because agric minister was very good hand.
I am ready for the task
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by JustPowerApps(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
They even tried, you should see the website of NCC and CBN😂😂😂, you will laugh hard and long if you get the glimpse of what a responsive website should look like.

I wonder who's incharge of government websites, they always look like shit. A day after BAT's swearing in, I checked his personal website, dude is down with database error. The website of a sitting President. I FEEL FOR THIS COUNTRY TBH.

Getting led by men who couldn't even take care of things personal to them.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by nedekid: 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria.
Most of those agencies, write email from now to thy kingdom come, no response. You will be lucky to get a phone number that works.
One or 2 are OK though, eg road safety.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by KayB: 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
You actually nailed it but it's not peculiar to agricultural institutions alone, even the websites of the federal government and the States are not up to date.
Meanwhile, in my personal opinion the day Nigerian government embrace paperless governance and online processing is the day we start experiencing decrease in corruption.
On the cashew plantation even the CRIN, as at today cannot boast of Improved seedlings without mentioning WEST AFRICA PROCASHEW PROJECT introducing a discounted polyclonal cashew seedlings to encourage more plantations.
Get in touch and book for it before the program closes next year

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by oluwatosin88: 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:

At these present times of moribund systems,you need not go formal and follow due process to get to these institutions. You are a Nigerian,think our normal way. You need to have an in-house to get things done in a timely manner in Nigeria,if you don't want red-tappism to kill your ideas and moves. Your network is your networth. Buid a solid one

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Hoelujohn: 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
Lecuna:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angelah
G.TBank
Where is your location? Perhaps, a Nairalander can help verify then we contribute for your medications and it will be deliver to you
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Babastrong(m): 7:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
Let/agric/die/joor. Instead/of/tinubu/to/continue/farmermoni./he/is/talking/of/8k.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Styluss: 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
july 14th?
Lecuna:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angelah
G.TBank
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by hosemujica: 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
The responses here is a testament that Nigerians have embraced corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor / Not Trading Soya Again. / Kebbi Begins Massive Soya Beans Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.