Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Check Out My Website: Dtads.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Check Out My Website: Dtads.com (1097 Views)

I Need A Web Designer To Work On My Website / I Am Selling My Website / Review Of My Website Freewebs.com/Flowkwika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out My Website: Dtads.com by Dathought(m): 2:50am On Mar 04, 2006
Hi People

Just been introduce to Nairaland, I am representing Nigerian's in London

Anyway I just finished my website www.dtads.com and want to share with you people, so if you have any comments or feedback and advice would be great to know.

Cheers in advance.
Re: Check Out My Website: Dtads.com by rikkyjen(m): 3:22am On Mar 04, 2006
Splendid site!!! Thumbs up bro, always keep it real
Re: Check Out My Website: Dtads.com by SamD3(m): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2006
That's a brilliant flash site,
Re: Check Out My Website: Dtads.com by Farriel(m): 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2008
Impressive design.

But seriously, I do not think the whole site needed to be Flash. The navigation and banner could be, but certainly not the content below. It was more of an overkill to me. Perhaps you just wanted the page transitions, no?

Or maybe its the Flash syndrome. There's an almost innate tendency for Flash guys to design fully Flash sites when there are almost no reasons to. Most times, a div here, a div there, would suffice.

Anyway, I'm also curious about the gray panel at the top . . . What is it for? It holds no content and just takes out what would have been the gloss on an almost perfect design. Imagine if you'd had rounded edges at the top, just as you have at the bottom.
Re: Check Out My Website: Dtads.com by Cactus(m): 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2008
Broken.

You need to check the portfolio section again if you use image pre-loads. Sometimes it loads, sometimes the images don't load especially in logo and graphics. both in Firefox2 and IE7.

Website - click through - works ok

logo - click through scroll down - first couple of images load, and after the 5 or 6 image down the list, nothing loads (this happens sometimes)

graphics - if any image don't load in logo, no image will load in graphics or website again until browser refresh. happened a couple of times

contact form doesnt work if you are not aware of that.

apart from that, clean and good.

I guess your easter egg is easy to find. Search Engines?
Web Design | Graphic Design | Flash ContentBrand Design | E-commerce Solution, Design for Print
Web Design | Graphic Design | Flash ContentBrand Design | E-commerce Solution, Design for Print
Re: Check Out My Website: Dtads.com by Afam(m): 9:26am On Mar 25, 2008
This post was made in 2006.

The copyright information on this site still says 2006.

The website still shows news dated 2006.

Now my questions

Is this website still useful to the owner?

Why is the portfolio of this website not swarming with projects?

Did it occur to anyone that no business website is on the portfolio page?

Great design/flash design is cool but no successful website is successful simply because people like the design.

Websites are designed for clients and users certainly not for peers who may be more interested in showcasing their latest design skills.
Re: Check Out My Website: Dtads.com by Cactus(m): 11:09am On Mar 25, 2008
Afam:

Did it occur to anyone that no business website is on the portfolio page?

I think that is one of the things i talked about before your post regarding the pictures not showing. If you can, explain what you see or post a screenshot, that will be better.
Re: Check Out My Website: Dtads.com by Afam(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2008
About 5 websites (including version 1 of the main website) with brief descriptions about what the websites were about including snapshots abi na thumbnail images of the websites.

(1) (Reply)

Need Professional Web Designers To Work With / Dreamweaver Cs4 Beta / Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.