Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,079 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? (29273 Views)

An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? / Level 8 Salary In Federal Ministries As At December 2017 / Attend This Training And Get A Guaranteed Full Time Job ( 75k To 150k Salary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Englishisamust: 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2023
How can a single person manage a 150k salary job in lagos. Considering house rent and a lot of expenses that are high here in lagos??

I need your input guys!!!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by dogtails(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2023
Englishisamust:
How can a single person manage a 150k salary job in lagos. Considering house rent and a lot of expenses that are high here in lagos??

Abeg send me 10k from the money first take guide.God bless u as u do

212 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by madscientist88(m): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2023
if you are single na to do arangee things na,but your rent na monthly you go dey pay 5-10k since you cant pay bulk rent instantly.i hope other guys explain this better to you,you can do arangee for 6 months save enough to get you and RSC.

10 Likes

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by DesChyko: 12:02am On Jul 16, 2023
Englishisamust:

Depends on the location you live and how far you live from your place of work. The most unpredictable 'swallower' of salary is transportation. Every other thing can be routine and sorted. So my answer is definitely, Yes. Lagos has a place for you so long as you work hard and remember why you are here and not at home chilling. If you live somewhere in the mainland and have accomodation sorted out, you should be able to save 50k - 80k comfortably every month. But if you live on the island 🥲

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Childfree: 4:56am On Jul 16, 2023
Englishisamust:

I don't even think this question is necessary.

Of all things that would require you spend money, TP at least from your abode to work and health care is the only thing that is fixed you can't directly influence how much you spend. Every other spending depends on you, you are the one to decide how you spend on them. So cut your coat according to your size.

The people who earn 50k and 500k both rent.
The people that earn 50k and 500k both cook something in their pots.
The people who earn 50k and 500k both wear clothe.

And so it goes.

Most definitely how much they spend on what I cited is different, do you know why?

Any amount would do you. Live like someone who earns 150k that's all.

212 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by visaclick: 5:44am On Jul 16, 2023
Just don’t live on the island unless you work from home and have only your mouth to feed , live in a room apartment.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Englishisamust: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2023
Thanks everyone for the input

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Khd95(m): 10:46am On Jul 16, 2023
First off, don’t rent apt that two months of your salary can’t pay for

Instead of eating outside, spend 30k buying food stuff like beans, rice, garri, spaghetti and, get small fridge and always store prepared foods, you don’t have to buy clothes you won’t wear, I believe you have enough clothes to wear Monday to Friday, exception of weekend, you may buy clothes once in a long while, its all about what works for you not what people want to see

Create an bank account you don’t touch no matter what and be putting little foods into, like 20k monthly, If you drink I don’t know how much you wan spend weekly, but be wise about that

As a single struggling guy man, leave girl matter alone oo, occasionally take your self out or hang out with man dem you can’t spend above 20k and you will be satisfied, as long as na your fellow guy men, because my type of friends are the ones that don’t leave bills for one person to carry, Wetin remain,??

Don’t depend on one source of income, learn skills, sha find multiple source of income

Then cost of transportation to work should be factored in, depends on how close or far out your place of work is

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by MuslimIgbo: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2023
People can sha ask senseless question grin grin grin

About 80% of working class Lagosians, INCLUDING PEOPLE THAT HAVE FAMILY THAT SURVIVES AND DEPENDS SOLELY ON THEM, earn before ₦100k per month so, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING EXACTLY?

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by MorataFC: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2023
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Brendaniel: 10:57am On Jul 16, 2023
Englishisamust:

Since you are single, look for other single folks to join and rent an apartment like 2 or 3 of you guys max, that way you cut a lot of expenses, from, waste bill, to light, house rent and so on, just make sure the house you guys rent have each room with maximum privacy, if not at the end of every month you might end up getting poorer with more debts and no savings, where I live now they just raised the electricity bill from 30k to 63k, just make sure that you are able to save at the end of the month while you work on bigger things....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by MykellOni(m): 10:57am On Jul 16, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
First of depends on where you choose to stay. Your main challenge here is accomodation and the good thing is Lagos has a place for all budget, that's the hidden truth. the other challenge may be mobilisation to and fro your place of work. So the most important thing you should consider is navigation to and fro your place of work. If you're lucky your work is not situated too close to the expensive axis of Lagos, then you're fine. Believe me you can cope, infact you'll be fine... But whatever you choose to do, pls don't take the advice of the guy above me, if you value your mental health and want peace. You're welcome and don't mention, You only owe me 2 bottles for this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by oluwaseyi0: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2023
U
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by slawomir: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Nor live a fake lifestyle

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Joyful365: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2023
Eliminate transportation by renting a house within 15 minutes trekking distance from your workplace... Then cut off unnecessary expenditure.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by miqos02(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2023
Englishisamust:

such a person needs a side hustle

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by beyep: 11:00am On Jul 16, 2023
Na Island u dey stay?
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Proudlyomonna: 11:00am On Jul 16, 2023
dogtails:
Abeg send me 10k from the money first take guide.God bless u as u do

grin grin grin Person dey ponder on how Him go take survive,You dey se make Him send You from the small one wey Him wan manage grin

Werey pko for here sha grin grin

15 Likes

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:00am On Jul 16, 2023
Englishisamust:

I'm at 200+ , with side business too
guy tie your belt

My car takes a chunk now...

it's not easy...
This is Renewed Suffering

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by abercrombie(m): 11:01am On Jul 16, 2023
Please can someone help me with something to eat, school life is not easy sir!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by phemmyfour: 11:01am On Jul 16, 2023
Englishisamust:

Look for shared apartment with your guys.

Live close to your working place

Normalize cooking instead of buying food

If you must have girlfriend, she must be a working class one.

Get a side hustle....even people with 500k salary per month have side hustles.

9 Likes

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Lukuluku69(m): 11:01am On Jul 16, 2023
Englishisamust:

Cut your clothes according to that cloth and not your size.

It might not fit nor be fashionable but it will at least cover your body.

What am I saying? Manage it till a raise comes.

Get what is necessary only for now.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Smartchoiices(m): 11:01am On Jul 16, 2023
DesChyko:

Depends on the location you live and how far you live from your place of work. The most unpredictable 'swallower' of salary is transportation. Every other thing can be routine and sorted. So my answer is definitely, Yes. Lagos has a place for you so long as you work hard and remember why you are here and not at home chilling. If you live somewhere in the mainland and have accomodation sorted out, you should be able to save 50k - 80k comfortably every month. But if you live on the island 🥲
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by marlow1962(m): 11:02am On Jul 16, 2023
E depend on where you dy stay and the kind life you dy live. As this economy be so, 150k na change. But as na only you dy, if you Sabi control and manage yourself, e go reach you. But I can't say for the savings aspect, except say you go adjust yourself to the specific amount you fit dy save.

And please avoid women for now, e get why.

Don't worry, tinubu is here to make Nigerians live a luxurious life. E no go take time everybody don dy pull up S-class

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Naijanascam: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2023
Plus 8k from bat you are good to go

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by bibiking7(m): 11:03am On Jul 16, 2023

It's doable.

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by mekleelex200(m): 11:03am On Jul 16, 2023
Buy one bag of Garri, one pack of sugar and bottle of groundnut. Thank me later.

I miss you NwaAmaikpe, I just hope that one of my post will hit u. I sincerely want to belong to you circle, I want to tap at ur unending imagination and wisdom (philosophy). If anyone can hit me up via my Email or LinkedIn I will be grateful.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by 48noble(m): 11:03am On Jul 16, 2023
For salary of 150k for a single guy in Lagos can be very tricky to handle considering transportation and accommodation.

1. Transportation @ 1k/day for 30days = #30k/month

2. Accommodation @15k/month===#180k/year

3. Feeding ===50k/month.

4. Clothing==10k/month (you are not earning a celebrity pay)

5. Dependants(mum,Dad, siblings, Urgent 2k konji helpers) ===#10k/month

6. Weekends with the men === #2k*4wks =8k/month

7. Hospital/emergency ===#7k/month.

Monthly Total expenses == #130k/month
Savings===20k/month

Cook your own meals and don't skip breakfast, u will not fall sick and fall into the hands of extortionate doctors and hospitals in Lagos. If you are very faithful in items 1,2,3 ...your colleague will believe your a Lagos Bigboy.

The feeding expenses should be largely spent on restocking your kitchen every month. Whatever you didn't spend each month on feeding and anyother item becomes the money you save to improve yourself.

Note: weekends cruise should be either Saturday or Sunday in a week. Never ever do both Saturday and Sunday on the same weekend. Make friends with people that understand friendship and value the Bro code.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by abobote: 11:03am On Jul 16, 2023
If you are still single, you can manage it well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nestle Nigeria Plc Aptitude Test / Pushcv Stage 3: Who Passed & Who Got Disqualified? / 5 Habits That Will Increase Your Chances Of Landing A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.