Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? (29278 Views)

An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? / Level 8 Salary In Federal Ministries As At December 2017 / Attend This Training And Get A Guaranteed Full Time Job ( 75k To 150k Salary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sherylbaky(f): 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2023
I love this😘😘
Childfree:

I don't even think this question is necessary.

Of all things that would require you spend money, TP at least from your abode to work and health care is the only thing that is fixed you can't directly influence how much you spend. Every other spending depends on you, you are the one to decide how you spend on them. So cut your coat according to your size.

The people who earn 50k and 500k both rent.
The people that earn 50k and 500k both cook something in their pots.
The people who earn 50k and 500k both wear clothe.

And so it goes.

Most definitely how much they spend on what I cited is different, do you know why?

Any amount would do you. Live like someone who earns 150k that's all.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by MrBroke(m): 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2023
Childfree:

I don't even think this question is necessary.

Of all things that would require you spend money, TP at least from your abode to work and health care is the only thing that is fixed you can't directly influence how much you spend. Every other spending depends on you, you are the one to decide how you spend on them. So cut your coat according to your size.

The people who earn 50k and 500k both rent.
The people that earn 50k and 500k both cook something in their pots.
The people who earn 50k and 500k both wear clothe.

And so it goes.

Most definitely how much they spend on what I cited is different, do you know why?

Any amount would do you. Live like someone who earns 150k that's all.

You deserve an accolade for this statement of yours. Simple as that
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by easzypeaszy(m): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2023
cunny88:
God bless ur hustle.....can I ask how u cope with rent
Tho its 400k every Febraury.... by Dec i hav atleast 120k saved, About 300k frm profit sharin, so i usually pay lik 300k Dec, Jan n Feb i pay 50 50 totalin 400k

1 Like

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by djseanjohn77: 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2023
Englishisamust:
How can a single person manage a 150k salary job in lagos. Considering house rent and a lot of expenses that are high here in lagos??

I need your input guys!!!

While you work in Lagos, spend your salary in Ogun State grin grin grin
It's easy to figure out, an you dey earn am, an you dey spend am. There is no advice here that can match your lifestyle, as you are theonly person who "know you" better.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Allisgud: 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
Khd95:
First off, don’t rent apt that two months of your salary can’t pay for

Instead of eating outside, spend 30k buying food stuff like beans, rice, garri, spaghetti and, get small fridge and always store prepared foods, you don’t have to buy clothes you won’t wear, I believe you have enough clothes to wear Monday to Friday, exception of weekend, you may buy clothes once in a long while, its all about what works for you not what people want to see

Create an bank account you don’t touch no matter what and be putting little foods into, like 20k monthly, If you drink I don’t know how much you wan spend weekly, but be wise about that

As a single struggling guy man, leave girl matter alone oo, occasionally take your self out or hang out with man dem you can’t spend above 20k and you will be satisfied, as long as na your fellow guy men, because my type of friends are the ones that don’t leave bills for one person to carry, Wetin remain,??

Don’t depend on one source of income, learn skills, sha find multiple source of income

Then cost of transportation to work should be factored in, depends on how close or far out your place of work is

all this advice for who is earning 150k?wetin make who dey earn 50k with children do
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by 77up(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
I always find this kind of questions really funny, many people are in lagos today on less than 50k income , they are surviving,yet this op is asking how can 150k can survive.

All I know is live according to your reach.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by djseanjohn77: 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
MuslimIgbo:
This one just want show off say e don get job with salary of 150k grin grin

Mumu
Go ask Google how you can survive grin grin grin

Exactly my thought - that question is needless considering all factors. Lifestyle varies..
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sherylbaky(f): 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
I like this, but if I may ask sir.... what part of Lagos do you stay?
easzypeaszy:
First of all with 150k in Lagos u are good to go.
I earn alittle above dat wt 3kids and still safe upto 30k mnthly
130k dey do me n family mnthly n we eat well n are doin well.
I am the only one workin so no think say wifey dey add shishi

Na u kw wetin dey finish ur money
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Snapdrag0n: 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
That's my profit a week after tax.
Get IT skills join with your salary and keep moving.
I'm a software developer

Email: info.lightcloud@gmail.com
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Bluearrow: 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2023
talk2hb1:

Your Rent Should not exceed 400k annually, cut cost by buying foodstuff in bulk at Food Market, save cost on transportation by leaving home very early(mobility are cheaper by then, though very risky), have a savings of 50k monthly.
Someone to be paying a rent of 400k & have savings of 50k monthly on top 150k salary in this present day Nigeria? Him no go chop, transport & pay bills? If he is able to reach 20k savings monthly, it means he is over trying.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sherylbaky(f): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
Self contained of that price still plenty for mainland ( since u no go go rich ppl environment, just stay for middle class environment) but it won't exceed a room self contained, the impossible comes to reality when you get to the island
cunny88:
how about electricity, gas and miscellaneous btw it's almost impossible to get a house of 180k p/a

1 Like

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by fobiflex(m): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:

I'm at 200+ , with side business too
guy tie your belt

My car takes a chunk now...

it's not easy...
This is Renewed Suffering

Side hustle side hustle
Please someone should teach us low income earners of available side hustles we can venture into to be able to survive in this renewed hope abi suffering
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sherylbaky(f): 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
He can not even save at all in Lagos if he has to spend that much on rent, he will even have to be borrowing some months when bill payment and family responsibilities exceed his pocket
Bluearrow:

Someone to be paying a rent of 400k & have savings of 50k monthly on top 150k salary in this present day Nigeria? Him no go chop, transport & pay bills? If he is able to reach 20k savings monthly, it means he is over trying.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Englishisamust: 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
MuslimIgbo:
This one just want show off say e don get job with salary of 150k grin grin

Mumu
Go ask Google how you can survive grin grin grin

There are sometimes you will need to consult experience people to lecture you about life not to make mistake!! What did I want to show off for. Even dangote dey ask people for advice. Nobody knows it all

1 Like

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
You are rude, he is not familiar with Lagos, asking for guidance.
You dey yarn nons.ence.
MuslimIgbo:
People can sha ask senseless question grin grin grin

About 80% of working class Lagosians, INCLUDING PEOPLE THAT HAVE FAMILY THAT SURVIVES SOLELY ON THEM, earn before ₦100k per month so, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING EXACTLY?
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Advancedman(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2023
Englishisamust:
How can a single person manage a 150k salary job in lagos. Considering house rent and a lot of expenses that are high here in lagos??

I need your input guys!!!

It's easy infact you are a millionaire with such earning.
The simple trick is (1) Look for a family man with 50k-100k monthly wage and fit in you will be left with huge saving.
(2) Put yourself on salary scale of 40k-70k and let that 150,000 be your monthly earning assuming you are an entrepreneur because if you earn 150k in a month as an entrepreneur you definitely will not consider the entire 150k your salary it is out of it you will pay yourself salary.
Bottom line is be Smart and be enterprise.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Bluearrow: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2023
sherylbaky:
He can not even save at all in Lagos if he has to spend that much on rent, he will even have to be borrowing some months when bill payment and family responsibilities exceed his pocket
Very true
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sherylbaky(f): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2023
That all the time cooking in Lagos as a working class is exhausting brotherly. It kills you slowly coupled with the stress, even me that I'm a lady I'm tired of cooking. Even weekend or off days bulk cooking is not easy cos that's when u av to rest. Lagos is jungle
gabicon:

There are 3 things that consume ones earnings in Lagos. The first is transportation, next is accomodation, the last is consumption & entertainment. If possible live in close proximity to your job, if spend less than 10% of your earnings on transportation, you are way ahead of the curve. For accommodation you can cut cost by getting shared living space, that way utilities and other associated accomodation cost is shared. Lastly, you will have to cook your own meals, especially the meals you eat during work periods, things like clubbing, chilling at a bar or hanging out with friends have to be severely moderated.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Bluearrow: 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2023
easzypeaszy:
First of all with 150k in Lagos u are good to go.
I earn alittle above dat wt 3kids and still safe upto 30k mnthly
130k dey do me n family mnthly n we eat well n are doin well.
I am the only one workin so no think say wifey dey add shishi

Na u kw wetin dey finish ur money
Do u pay for house rent?
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by easzypeaszy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2023
Bluearrow:

Do u pay for house rent?
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sherylbaky(f): 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
grin grin grin pesin neva belleful u dey talk of girlfriend. He should get verselin for now if he stays on the island
amadil14:
Hmmmm
This ur arrangement no complete without babe ooo.
At least he should have a girlfriend.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by easzypeaszy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
sherylbaky:
I like this, but if I may ask sir.... what part of Lagos do you stay?
Iyana Ipaja wt 400k rent per year
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sherylbaky(f): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
Wow, so how do u sort out the rent and children's school fees?

No hard feelings brotherly, just trying to learn
easzypeaszy:
Iyana Ipaja wt 400k rent per year
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by ZombiePUNISHER: 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
fobiflex:

Side hustle side hustle
Please someone should teach us low income earners of available side hustles we can venture into to be able to survive in this renewed hope abi suffering

side hustle depending on your field..

for instance i'm into real estate.. so I easily link interior designers , cleaners, etc to clients and get my cut.. it's a big field.. this is just an instance.. i rent out for people also..
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by 48noble(m): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
cunny88:
how about electricity, gas and miscellaneous btw it's almost impossible to get a house of 180k p/a

Some of The nomenclature I stated may not be as applicable ,hence he will consider what's valid. Hospital and emergency, weekends?! He might not be a drinker or the hang out type hence, he places the value on Data and TV subscription

1 Like

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Ixodes(m): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
Same Lagos wey person wey no get work go Dey tell you say your salary small

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sherylbaky(f): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
Lol, the reality strikes once you start earning the 150k
Justiceleague1:

Guy #150k monthly salary in naija is not bad at all...how many people earn that?
If you be earning that amount,you can do a lot and still save...in 5months,if you can manage to save #100k,you will have #500k. Not that much but if you know what to do,you are good to go.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sherylbaky(f): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2023
True. Mainland is congested, hence the stress is toooooo much
akpumping7720:

No be lie my brother. But one thing I discovered about island is if you are used to the lifestyle, you will never want to live on the mainland again. Even if you want to relocate, your plan will never be to go back to mainland rather travel out of the country or Abuja.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Skyehigher1: 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2023
Once you are a single you are good to go atleast you will save like 50 to 60k monthly
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by abbey37(m): 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2023
Morning garri
Afternoon garri
Night garri
Everyday garri garri garri

1 Like

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sherylbaky(f): 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2023
Av gotten here sir, no need to reply my second mention again. Cleared

However, the guy and many others solely depend on the basic salary, no profit sharing.

Kudos to u all the same, u are manly
easzypeaszy:
Tho its 400k every Febraury.... by Dec i hav atleast 120k saved, About 300k frm profit sharin, so i usually pay lik 300k Dec, Jan n Feb i pay 50 50 totalin 400k

1 Like

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Clinghton: 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2023
Some survive on less of that amount.

Planning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nestle Nigeria Plc Aptitude Test / Pushcv Stage 3: Who Passed & Who Got Disqualified? / 5 Habits That Will Increase Your Chances Of Landing A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.