Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,596 members, 7,840,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? (73754 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? / Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by stillseth: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
77up:
This stuff trended on twitter last week, I think it should, since land is not part of 5m.

It can’t.. aside buying materials, can you deduct wheat workmanship will take out of the 5M? Bricklayers, welders, carpentry, plumber etc and factor in cost of transportation of materials to the site too .. how much would be left?

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Segzy19: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
Currently, it won't if you consider the fittings, plumbings, wiring and electric fittings and so on

Maybe 8 - 9 million depending on location if cost of land is included

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Adegunle4(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
It’s funny how people see a 3D picture and just assume a price lol… no detailed design that the costs can be generated from.. someone just wakes up from their bed and pick a random figure… no drawings , no specifications, no BOQ… just 3D pic, random figure and vibes
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Abemy(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
Only the structure yes, even less than that, but this strictly depends on the location.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by InvertedHammer: 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
The worker shared a photo of a fine house on Twitter with the caption: "With 5M, I can build this 2 bedroom house for you if you already have a land."
/
N5 mllion can do it.

But make sure you keep extra N5million on the side for the long stories that will follow once the project starts.

A good contractor doesn't need to cheat the client. All he needs is tell the client, "oga enter motor make we go market go buy materials". When client reach market, he go respect himself grin

The house even carry pillars and decking sef. Y16 and Y12 rods will be laughing at the client.

In summary, there is no way the contractor will embark on this project at that price without the case reaching police station.
/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Charsso77: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
It can build it minus interior settings
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Loonyy(m): 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:

How much was cement last year? The difference is not much.

We are talking about 2 bedroom.
Change go remain for the 5 million.

In Irabaji I guess
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
acorntree:

With 5m it's possible only that it may not be posh like this. House design get different level , someone can build a small house with 1m and someone else with 100m. The size, quality , sophistication is the difference. Houses are not the same just like cars are not the same, someone using kabukabu will say he has a car whereas if you see expensive tear rubber car , you will surely see the difference. With substandard building material you can even build that house there with 2m, only that it won't last. Just use gutter sand to mold block. Use 1bag of cement with 10pan of sand and 2 pan gravel, house foundation have started.😁😁😁😁

This building have a decking that means structural strength is very important with the price of iron granite and other materials 5m will not build it even if you like mould block with gutter sand

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by tnerro1(m): 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nazgul:
Lol...that 5m is a bait he's dangling at prospective customers, if you fall for it, you'll spend more cos 5m would not build it.

But 5m would go a very long way which he knows that's why he wants you commit your 5m to him, cos once you've done that, you'll pay whatever amount he asks you to pay for completion.

Word
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Horlardorjah(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Mehn, you were too quick o. When I saw his comment, I immediately wanted to quote him to mention the biodigester, only to find out you've done that right below him.

I think information is key. Many people don't know much about biodigesters and those that even know might not trust the idea... Once it begins to gain ground, many house owners will start going for it

How many people can maintain a bio-digester effectively. Lots of people would love to subscribe to bio-digester but the restriction on the use of some common home items detergent n some others if I get it right.
So how long with it last or how often would maintainance be done on the bio-digester.
I stand to be corrected though
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by valETA1(m): 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
With Cement now 5200 just d amount to be used to cast that suspended floor, don tear the 5m. So 5m can't build that house.

1 Like

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by aimmoney9: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
acorntree:

With 5m it's possible only that it may not be posh like this. House design get different level , someone can build a small house with 1m and someone else with 100m. The size, quality , sophistication is the difference. Houses are not the same just like cars are not the same, someone using kabukabu will say he has a car whereas if you see expensive tear rubber car , you will surely see the difference. With substandard building material you can even build that house there with 2m, only that it won't last. Just use gutter sand to mold block. Use 1bag of cement with 10pan of sand and 2 pan gravel, house foundation have started.😁😁😁😁
1 bag of cement to 9 pan of sand and 8 pan of gravel........ grin grin grin grin grin

1 bag of cement to 18 pan of sand...... grin grin grin grin grin

Building a house yourself is cheaper than contracting it to a company.... grin grin grin grin

People who build houses cheapest don't use pillars in the first floor (if the house will stop there, though won't guarantee longevity) just as you see some people, especially estates don't use pillars in running their fences..... grin grin grin grin grin

The problem with most of all these contractors and estate developers is that they always put the ground level or German floor of the house lower than the level of the road, thus making the house prone to flooding, take a look at the supposed garage, little rain and everywhere will be flooded...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That is why most estates are flooded, plus they use cheap materials and cut corners in mixtures and many areas, plus note (contractors profit is also part of that 5m) so yes this house can be Built with 5m.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Nazgul: 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
micxwell:

It gets better if one decides to do away with the suspended floor area.
That area is meant to be the garage. If you do away with it, where would you park your car.

And mind you that design is for half a plot or even less.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Maryam1234(f): 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
FuckSilly:

How much dey your account?
U go fit transfer 5m to a fix bank account then the transfer will be done automatically on completion,

You go Kee me first before I transfer 1 naira to unknown person online grin

If you know what people are experiencing online daily you won't even play such pranks.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by uche393: 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
roof is not complex and won't require much wood, 5m will build the house comfortably. but depends on location.

things that could make it possible
simple roofing
price of stones and sand might be cheaper
you moulded the blocks
no paraphite
simple pop
you have a honest electrician and plumber

number of toilets

5m will give you a basic version of the house without furniture
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by benqo01(m): 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
Five million ke this time na not possible....building materials re very expensive not to even talk about roofing
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Johans2023: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
In this Tinubu regime? No no no
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Cantonese: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
obinna58:

Yes but wouldn’t be as polished as the picture, e go look local for eye but house na house sha

That small house in that picture fit reach 15-20million, judging by materials

You got the correct figure of all.
No one talked about the nature of the land. In a water logged area, you certainly would spend more than the approximate.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by baralatie(m): 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Adegunle4:
It’s funny how people see a 3D picture and just assume a price lol… no detailed design that the costs can be generated from.. someone just wakes up from their bed and pick a random figure… no drawings , no specifications, no BOQ… just 3D pic, random figure and vibes
As in ehn
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Euegene100001: 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
At least 15m. Things are very expensive now some 5 years ago yes 5m can certainly not now
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Todayswind(f): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
I doubt it can
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by fineberry(m): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
5m will be enough....it's just 2 bedroom.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by chickenfoot: 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
Shey architects and builders have broken down everything before now on Twitter, that house can't be built with 5M abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by goldkikiola: 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
It's depend on the state you want to build it,the material in some state are different, workmanship and other expensive are different
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by Joshmanfashion(m): 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
Capital NO
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by HitRun(m): 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
MrDoGood:

Are you a house owner?

Not just owning a house, are you an engineer?

It's better you don't argue and just learn from them.
How much do you think a block is sold for?

You won't spend up to 700k on blocks. A 2 bedroom can take max 2,200 blocks.

Note, you won't even use all.

Only the reinforcement rods and the iron bender workman in this house is around 500k. 2500 blocks at 200 per block is another 500k. lets assume a 100 bags of cement another 460-470k. mason workman. water. wood formwork, gravel, sharp sand, plaster sand etc. That carcass before roofing is easily 2.5M. 4.5M can build a 2bedroom bungalow, but not this two bedroom house.
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by dikings(m): 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2023
Not in nigeria budget 12m
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by adamma24: 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
GoodIsGod:

What has the guy you are insulting said to warrant this?

You are a senseless guy. So stupid that the mad man on Lagos street has more sense than you.
Must you insult people to make a point.
You can't tell me you went through the four walls of an educational institution and I would believe you.
MC Oluomo's motor park boys are sensible and cultured more than you.

You are a rouge.

Senseless iddiottt.

Backup singer...u do well
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by adamma24: 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
bolacode:

Please do the needful to the adamma24 guy or whoever.

Oshey...backup singer...sing well well..
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by GoodIsGod: 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
adamma24:

Backup singer...u do well
D
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by adamma24: 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
GoodIsGod:

Fukkk off my mention.

Check my siggy. I don't talk to fools.

Lol....wahala...wahala...wahala...in portable voice...
Re: Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? by simmydare82(m): 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Transformed A Concrete Water Tower Into Four-Bedroom Mansion (Photos) / 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds / Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.