Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? (577 Views)

How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? / Kenyan Puts Up His Kidney For Sale To Raise Money For His Brother’s School Fees / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by Todayswind(f): 11:06am On Jul 18, 2023
i want to ask this question. How do men raise money for wedding ?

sometimes i notice even the wife to be and her family contribute next to nothing sometimes but the man will still pay for the event center, food and other refreshment.
for the traditional marriage too, you see men bringing what they wont buy at home in bulk to eat.
palm oil, big tubers of yam, alcoholic drinks and many more.

if it were a woman, well you know how we women is with our own money cheesy
will i use my money to buy all these things because i want to settle down?

hmmm. well, how do men get to raise money for their wedding.
How did you raise money for your wedding?
Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by confidant: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2023
Through:
1. Institutionalized begging
2. Corporate begging
3. Family begging/support
4. Own money
5. Black tax
6. Entitlement

4 Likes

Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by Opus85(m): 11:48am On Jul 18, 2023
Through saving and planning for the event. Any othee financial support is just an added advantage. You don't plan wedding or burial based on financial promises.

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by Kemadealadire(f): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
That's not true, for most, the woman and her family spend a lot.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by Nazgul: 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
If he has rich friends, he'll raise more than 60% from committee of friends.

20% would come from associations he belongs to.

And the remaining 20% would come from his pocket.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by Childfree: 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
They have a job. They earn money.

How is this even a question for goodness sake?
Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by JeffreyJunior: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Some do committee of friends to contribute to each other's events (wedding/funeral etc) and it's turn by turn.

We work, earn and save for the future, wedding and marriage included.

If after the wedding and we find out the wives are not worth it, we consult Kanayo Kanayo to help us use them for ogwu ego to recoup our expenses. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by lightdream: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
Talk to God, The great provider.Whatever is from above is above all. I remember he said I should go ahead, the rest is story.......The last thing I expected was a friend that called me for a day contract. God is marvelous, I jumped on the offer gbam that cover much of my bills......God is still in the business of doing Miracles.

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by ecolime(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
Most couples I know raise money together to make their dream wedding a reality.

Todayswind:

Looks like you are still a young girl or your fiancé is a Politician.
Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by BItt: 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
lightdream:
Talk to God, The great provider.Whatever is from above is above all. I remember he said I should go ahead, the rest is story.......The last thing I expected was a friend that called me for a day contract. God is marvelous, I jumped on the offer gbam that cover much of my bills......God is still in the business of doing Miracles.

For some reasons I had to read your post.
I am trying to believe,
God is still in the business of doing miracles.
I am trying to raise funds for my project but it's been very hard.
I have looked left and right and nothing is forthcoming.
Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
Some take loans from their office. Some are sponsored by their church or local assembly. While some save for it.
Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
Depends on tribe pls, your op obviously refer to igbo people, for others it is mostly the bride's family that do most of the spending.

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by tosinhtml: 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
Jovialjune1:
Depends on tribe pls, your op obviously refer to igbo people, for others it is mostly the bride's family that do most of the spending.

Sorry but Is this thing really true or a myth, is this how Yoruba culture mandated it because I don't experience this at all amongst friends.

The Yorubas I know got expenses covered by the man's family. Maybe this could also be a function of who has more money to spend. My friend who got married some years ago, he did most of the spending 6M plus, wife brought 300k. In short every Yoruba friend or colleague I had back then did most of the expenses including muslim yorubas too. So I don't understand where this myth came from.

I have never personally met any Yoruba family that the wife's family did the spending. I always hear of this culture but never seen it in real life.
Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by Lifemanage: 8:05pm On Apr 14
Todayswind:
i want to ask this question. How do men raise money for wedding ?

sometimes i notice even the wife to be and her family contribute next to nothing sometimes but the man will still pay for the event center, food and other refreshment.
for the traditional marriage too, you see men bringing what they wont buy at home in bulk to eat.
palm oil, big tubers of yam, alcoholic drinks and many more.

hmmm. well, how do men get to raise money for their wedding.
How did you raise money for your wedding?
This is why I insist that Nigerian females have no right to tell their husband that they are cheating on them because men make all necessary payments. It's only when a woman has sex outside her matrimonial home, that there is a cheating. A man who paid dowry does not cheat.
Re: How Do Men Raise Money For Wedding? by Lifemanage: 8:09pm On Apr 14
In this Nigeria, I have never seen one. The whites don't pay dowries so this is where the wives usually have the temerity and boldness to say that a man cheated on them matrimonially cos the women family usually takes care of the expenses

(1) (Reply)

Will He Ever Be Serious? / Are U Searching For A Partner? / Life Vs. Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.