Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room (50741 Views)

It Takes Stupidity To Remain Married - Nigerian Man Married For 38 Years (Video) / Obituary Of A Couple In Enugu And Their 5 Children (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Immunity1555: 11:53am On Jul 21, 2023
jackmrandy:
I know for sure this can never be true. but if its true, but lets join you to lament. you are the cause we have miscrants in the society. children whose parents are no taking care of them and at that the end sort to robbery and thugery for survival causing nuisance in the society because their parents neglected them. Gone are the days that people will say na God dey give children, uncontrolled sexual appetite gives birth to children when not done properly (protection, family planning) . don't bring children you can not take care of into this world, especially here Nigeria.
Nonsense comment
You think is only poor children steal
What about our politicians that are stealing and mortgage your future
How do you advise them?
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Stevenbright(m): 11:55am On Jul 21, 2023
Agent17th:

I feel it's an animal farm. Like poultry

I get your point but even at that, he can still do the crop farming stuff and if possible include small scale poultry farm at home.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Mayeldah(m): 11:56am On Jul 21, 2023
Bro, I empathize with you even though it's all largely your fault.

first of all, speak with your wife to reduce the number of mouths you feed by returning your in-law back to the village first

secondly help your wife to get something doing so she can assist you

Thirdly, you may have to consider leaving home on a hustling endeavor, relocate to a new city alone, get a new job, hustle hard and be sending upkeep home regularly.

with God on your side, in a few years things will improve.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Microwhy: 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2023
Rayban25:

i dont know why youre lamenting. far as i am concerned what youre going through is good for you.

what are you doing with such amount of children? you didnt think of economy? you didnt do family planning because you prioritized sexual pleasure and being a sharpshooter instead of living within your means. na you sabi.
Its more easier for a comfortable family to think about family planning than for a poor or struggling couple to think about such....
Its what its and can't blame him too much..
Subconsciously, the poor or struggling couple equate children to money/wealth. That's why its easy to see a struggling man having more children than a comfortable man.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Peejayz: 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2023
Immunity1555:

Nonsense comment
You think is only poor children steal
What about our politicians that are stealing and mortgage your future
How do you advise them?

People Sha.... The person made a good point.... But here you are , twisting the point ......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Kobojunkie: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
Mayeldah:
Bro, I empathize with you even though it's all largely your fault. first of all, speak with your wife to reduce the number of mouths you feed by returning your in-law back to the village first. secondly help your wife to get something doing so she can assist you Thirdly, you may have to consider leaving home on a hustling endeavor, relocate to a new city alone, get a new job, hustle hard and be sending upkeep home regularly.
with God on your side, in a few years things will improve
OP barely makes $53 to feed 7 people for one month as it is. But you are asking him to leave home to go hustle, where? You want make him to kukuma abandon the family be that, something he has already considered, it seems. undecided

3 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Kobojunkie: 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2023
meekparagon:
■ My neighbour here in ajah has 7 children, oldest is 12 years
Na wickedness these things be.. undecided
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Kobojunkie: 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
Aarenasbaba:
■ Should e go and kill them?
Once the deed as been done, no time for blaming game again….: is there still solution to his problem
Na so...
meekparagon:
My neighbour here in ajah has 7 children, oldest is 12 years
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Kobojunkie: 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2023
hdrifter11:
■ Ask urself oga how much for this

FAMILY PLANNING;
Condom, postinor, abortion, vasectomy, IUD etc. No excuse whatsoever
So all these children OP now has are way cheaper to have than any of the above ? undecided
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Kobojunkie: 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2023
hdrifter11:
■ Ask urself oga how much for this

FAMILY PLANNING;
Condom, postinor, abortion, vasectomy, IUD etc. No excuse whatsoever
Are all these children OP now has cheaper to have than any of the above ? undecided
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Kobojunkie: 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2023
KyleJason:
You're so pessimistic.
The way you folks reason the world never ceases to amaze me. undecided
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by AdaAwka1: 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
ConfusePoint:
Ranting. Ranting. Ranting.

I have decided to rant out my predicaments on this forum today.

What is the way out of poverty for me?

One inlaw is even living with us, making it 8 in number, all in one room.

This thing don come big pass me.

I know most of you here would blame me for impregnating a woman to give birth to that number of children but then, life is life. It happens like that sometimes.

They say a poor man's prayer is "e go better" but instead of things to get better in Nigeria, everyday things get worse.

Truth is, except I drive myself out of this mess to a better life for me and my children, this poverty that is so stricken will likely be extended to my children, which I really don't want.

No two ways about it except ...

But like a car without tyres, can it move even if it has fuel? Definitely no.

For 4 days now, I sleep outside in an abandoned car because of financial war at home. I can't go back home and I even feel like never to go back there but should I abandon them like that and run away? To where?

When I went to the market the other day with 5k to buy food items for the house, I was crying and talking to myself on my way back because I came back with almost nothing.

Nigeria have succeed to plug life out of poor Nigerians. The poor cannot breathe again. Let's die and go.

Advice: never give birth when you are not financially strong. Unfortunately, I've learned my lesson the hard way.

Life happens.

How do I help this family better than I am trying?

Wishing you the best in all you do.

your salary is 40k what of your wife cant she work? the inlaw living with you cant the person work? we r only poor if we want to be poor.
enrol the children in govt sch education is solved, if any falls ill govt hospital, health solved. make sure your wife is working, increase yr efforts,instead of sleeping in an abandoned car at night get an extra job as a security man at night. etc God help us all
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Immunity1555: 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
Peejayz:

People Sha.... The person made a good point.... But here you are , twisting the point ......
Twisting kill you there!!!
Which point?
Adding salt to injury
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by AdaAwka1: 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2023
ConfusePoint:

A driver for a farm.

look for another job a a night guard that makes 2 means of earning.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Tonytonex(m): 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
sunbreaker:
Even if her husband is alive,5 children is too much. Even in 90's,not to think of 2000's
we are talking solutions, not the the problem.
The problem is already there.
What would you advice the OP to do?
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Tonytonex(m): 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
seuncyrus:

Bro, there are still menial jobs she can find depending on her location. There are cleaners who still make about 25,000 - 35,000/mo... I know it's nothing but it will go a long way in their present situation.
Any business they open will be used to feed the family. I've seen this play out over and over and if I'm being very conservative with the number sef ... the business can't last 6 months. They will use both capital and interest to eat
that's where discipline comes in.
That's an excuse.
There are people that are doing it and are succeeding. I've seen it.

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Stanbeto: 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2023
My Brother, I feel your pain.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by sunbreaker: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2023
Tonytonex:
we are talking solutions, not the the problem.
The problem is already there.
What would you advice the OP to do?
only he/she can find solutions to the problem. Even 300k salary can't solve his/her problem of 5 children in Nigeria of today. How many job can earn him/ her such amount on monthly basis?

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Mountbatten: 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2023
Are we supposed to feel sorry for you?

How can someone earning this low keep reproducing so many kids? You are an irresponsible person who doesn't deserve any help.

Man up and deal with your own problem.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2023
Mountbatten:
Are we supposed to feel sorry for you?

How can someone earning this low keep reproducing so many kids? You are an irresponsible person who doesn't deserve any help.

Man up and deal with your own problem.

If blunt was a person, it’d be you.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Mozino007(m): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2023
Immunity1555:

Shot up there
If you don't have what to say
ok I hear mumu man!
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2023
grin
Kobojunkie:
Na so...
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Chassy03: 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2023
Eluup in mood
Tonytonex:
With this kind of economic hardship,
Many guys will not go into marriage again.

Na only ladies wey get sense now go marry. All those ones waiting for already made man, go wait tire.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Humorme2(f): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2023
Wahala
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by 6ixT8: 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2023
Them talk say pikin the open way 🤔
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Immunity1555: 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2023
Mozino007:
ok I hear mumu man!
If you like you hear if like you don't hear
Fools like you would only criticize the poor and dance and celebrate the rich.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by omababe(f): 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2023
teekay213:
pls I need help to on how to publish on Amazon
Send me a dm.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by armyofone(m): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2023
Shaking my head at those Nigerians who do freelance with sex.

Then sleep inside car undecided
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by armyofone(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2023
Tonytonex:
With this kind of economic hardship,
Many guys will not go into marriage again.

Na only ladies wey get sense now go marry. All those ones waiting for already made man, go wait tire.

Make everyone keep p.r.i c.k for inside pant.

OYO if you bring pricking instrument out.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Mozino007(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
Immunity1555:

If you like you hear if like you don't hear
Fools like you would only criticize the poor and dance and celebrate the rich.
You suppose to die by hanging for constituting nuisance to the society!
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by teekay213(m): 8:43pm On Jul 21, 2023
omababe:

Send me a dm.
how do I send a DM?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Don't risk marriage with these set of people / Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.