Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? (21171 Views)

In The Light Of D Economic Situation If U Marry Now How Many Children Wil U Have / How Many Children Would You Like To Have?? / Man Divorces Wife For Giving Birth To Too Many Children Like A ‘Rabbit’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 6:22am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Nonsense! Go ask that question of the many orphans raised in orphanages, provided with all necessary to build their mental capacity, health, and future, by complete strangers. Many, if not all of them abandoned in poverty by the supposedly loving parents you speak of. undecided

Offpoint. You haven't answered the questions.

1. Can you produce for me where you say I "claim they raise the best kids"?

2. What reality are you talking about?

3. Who raises a child without love?

4. How does a parent function as a parent devoid of love?

5. How is a child's mental capacity, future and health catered for without love from the parents?

6. What do you think keeps a home together?
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by VTJN(m): 6:41am On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:

Offpoint. You haven't answered the questions.

5. How is a child's mental capacity, future and health catered for without love from the parents?

off point

You contradict yourself endlessly trying to be a questionnaire grin

Love will not pay your bills
Hunger doesn't recognise love nor hatred
Illness is a respecter of no one
Christ fed thousands of people with bread and fishes not only with love

Go to correctional centres across the 36 states and FCT and show me 1 single child from rich home grin

Take a walk in your community and show me one single rich amongst those Yahoo guys walking elmlessly with short knicker and phone

Take a walk on the high way and show me 1 single out of school children hawking on the street or begging for aims that belongs to a rich man

Take a walk to public school around and tell me which rich man children you will find there.

I know my community more than you. Likewise you know yours more than i. These children had become nuisance as a result of poverty.

The girl follow men to feed and buy clothes. The boys are tools, errand boys to those Yahoo guys

Continue with your questionnaire. I won't respond to you anymore

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by obstead200(m): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2023
duduade:
Anyone who gives birth to more than two children in this economy is heartless ...
tell them ooo.

3 men living in my street, none of them are middle class ooo...but they are competing to have as many kids are possible.
My first child is older than all their kids but they already have 5 kids each.

While it took serious persuasion to get me to father a third child because my wife wanted a girl child at all cost.

I am comfortably middle class so caring for them is not a challenge.....but the economy is beginning to bite harder

4 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by obstead200(m): 6:58am On Jul 24, 2023
ibechris:
Having many children in a bad economy can lead to various consequences, including:

1. Financial strain: A bad economy often implies limited job opportunities, lower wages, and increased unemployment rates. Raising a large family in such circumstances can impose a significant financial burden on parents, as they struggle to meet basic needs like food, clothing, education, healthcare, and housing for every child.

2. Limited resources: With a bad economy, resources become scarce, and families with many children may struggle to provide adequate resources for each child. This can result in compromises on education, healthcare, and extracurricular activities, affecting the overall development and opportunities available to the children.

3. Increased poverty: Raising many children in a bad economy can push families into poverty or exacerbate their existing poverty. Poverty affects the quality of life of both parents and children, leading to inadequate nutrition, lack of access to healthcare, housing instability, and limited opportunities for upward social mobility.

4. Limited future prospects: In a bad economy, parents may struggle to save money for their children's future needs, such as college expenses or starting a career. This can limit the opportunities available to the children and hinder their ability to break out of the cycle of poverty in the long term.

5. Education challenges: A bad economy often impacts the education sector, leading to budget cuts, reduced resources, and overcrowded classrooms. Children from large families may face difficulties in accessing quality education due to limited financial and academic support, potentially affecting their future prospects.

6. Strained emotional well-being: Financial stress and the inability to provide for all children's needs can lead to increased parental stress and tensions within the family. Children may also experience higher stress levels due to the lack of resources, witnessing their parents' struggles, or feeling neglected or overlooked.

7. Limited parental time and attention: Raising many children demands substantial time and attention from parents. In a bad economy, where parents may need to dedicate more time to work or multiple jobs to make ends meet, the ability to provide individual attention, support, and guidance to every child may be compromised.

It's important to note that these consequences can vary depending on factors such as the specific economic conditions, the social support available, and the resilience and adaptability of both parents and children.
This is why I wholeheartedly support safe and regulated abortion. No child should be brought into the world to suffer. It is not his fault say Una Bleep and sperm and egg got fertilized. Don't include the child in the mess u created

Just send him back to God let him come back another time to another couple ready for him/her.

3 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 7:01am On Jul 24, 2023
VTJN:
off point

Go to correctional centres across the 36 states and FCT and show me 1 single child from rich home grin

Take a walk in your community and show me one single rich amongst those Yahoo guys walking elmlessly with short knicker and phone

Take a walk on the high way and show me 1 single out of school children hawking on the street or begging for aims that belongs to a rich man

Take a walk to public school around and tell me which rich man children you will find there.

I know my community more than you. Likewise you know yours more than i. These children had become nuisance as a result of poverty.

The girl follow men to feed and buy clothes. The boys are tools, errand boys to those Yahoo guys

Offpoint. You are yet to answer the questions.

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 7:03am On Jul 24, 2023
obstead200:

This is why I wholeheartedly support safe and regulated abortion. No child should be brought into the world to suffer. It is not his fault say Una Bleep and sperm and egg got fertilized. Don't include the child in the mess u created

Just send him back to God let him come back another time to another couple ready for him/her.

If you say "It is not his fault say Una Bleep and sperm and egg got fertilized", how then does abortion solve the problem?

Why should a child be killed when you claim "It is not his fault say Una Bleep and sperm and egg got fertilized"?
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by pannyman(m): 7:17am On Jul 24, 2023
Demurray:

When was our economy good? Abi you no be Nigerian?

Thank you for this question. Things have always been bad, and have been getting progressively worse but people are expecting a miracle.

3 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Babastrong(m): 8:00am On Jul 24, 2023
[quote author=PissInside post=124607284]You're the one that will suffer it.

But why do poor and uneducated men love having plenty kids as if it's some form of achievement
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by ednut1(m): 8:20am On Jul 24, 2023
Gerrard59:

Na why I dey talk say after Hausas/Fulanis, Igbos should be next when it comes to having plenty children.

Sha, the five girls na raw materials for the hookup industry.
🤣🤣
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by bukatyne(f): 8:49am On Jul 24, 2023
Cassandraloius:
I wish every parent will see this. A family of 5 that barely feed, I was surprised to see the woman pregnant again, and she was like, "this is the last one, this baby fit come uplift us from this poverty".

I don't even know what answer I'd give to her that would not sound like an insult.

Next time, just ask such people how the baby is supposed to uplift them from poverty.

Also explain to her coconut head that the act of birthing multiple kids they cannot cater for is already plunging them deeper in said poverty.

I don't know if it is lack of thinking capacity or generational madness

3 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by bukatyne(f): 8:51am On Jul 24, 2023
Odjirigho:
This should be given a boost for wider audience view @ Mods.

And birth control should be given key attention by our health sector too

Trust me, birth control is already given key attention.

Walk to any general hospital, they sing it like a song.

5 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Bukola94: 9:51am On Jul 24, 2023
DevilishMan:
A lot of Afonjanistans will eat their children by December.
LMAO, I am Afonjanistans/Fulanistans/Nigerian. What an insults? U need to be ban till January

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by duduade: 10:02am On Jul 24, 2023
obstead200:
tell them ooo.

3 men living in my street, none of them are middle class ooo...but they are competing to have as many kids are possible.
My first child is older than all their kids but they already have 5 kids each.

While it took serious persuasion to get me to father a third child because my wife wanted a girl child at all cost.

I am comfortably middle class so caring for them is not a challenge.....but the economy is beginning to bite harder
. Our Good Lord will see you through but wait did you now have a girl eventually
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Nasri100(m): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2023
bukatyne:

Trust me, birth control is already given key attention.

Walk to any general hospital, they sing it like a song.

This is facts. You really dont need to even tell anyone about birth control anymore.

People are seeing it first hand. Reality will teach you a lesson.

So If you want to f uck around in this Nigeria and give birth to what you cant take care of due to societal pressure or ego, you finna find out soonest.

You will understand the phrase Every Mallam With His Kettle. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Bukola94: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
What if you gave birth when the economy was still good. Would you kill them when the economy gets bad
tor
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Bukola94: 10:46am On Jul 24, 2023
Gkay1:
U sure say northerners and d afonjas go listen to dis advice ?
Kayman, what is your problem with northerners & Afonjas? Have seen average southerners with 7kids
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by bukatyne(f): 11:39am On Jul 24, 2023
CuriousStudent:
Not only many children but getting married as well.
We only caution about birthing children but never marriage. When we know that it is not possible for a naija man to be living with his wife without pregnancy entering . When you marry,pressures from womb checkers push you to birth children even if you planned not to.

So in all avoid marriage if you don't earn well. But no,our naija brothers will cry and roll in sand if told they are not financially stable enough to have a wife

Marriage is not the issue.

I have seen poor married people with 2 kids.

I have seen couples with just 2, 3 girls as at 30yrs back when there was craze for boy kids.

I know someone who lived in the pressure cooker of womb checkers and still maintained her initial plan of two kids with her husband. When they ask, her response was same 'God is the giver of children, they are still waiting for him'.
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by FROGMAN101(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Far from it. Every body pays for it eventually! undecided

Well i agree a bit with Everybody Pays cause the Nigerians who decided to have kids with no trust fund or bailout plans are always on my messages begging for one favor or the other.

Have you noticed the Hardon1 guy you talkin with kept on talkin about accident, ill luck and bla bla

Apparently Nigerians DONT know theres something called a trust fund for a kid or kids and having a partner who is also earning where if you die the kid is set for life.

All some Nigerians know is to give birth without a plan, suffer, then blame the government as if this hell hole Nigeria has ever functioned well since inception.

2 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by FROGMAN101(m): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2023
VTJN:
off point

Even in countries like UK and States, things are not very smooth. Inflation is biting.

People are still contemplating having a kid. Max these days around me is 2. And that 2 both parents are earning a huge sum yearly.

Now this is UK AND US O. Where if another COVID strikes people will still get bailout cash from the government.

Imagine that hell hole Nigeria where the government is working everyday against the people yet Nigerians decide to be stupid.

So stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by bukatyne(f): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
What if you gave birth when the economy was still good. Would you kill them when the economy gets bad

When has Nigerian economy ever been good enough for a poor/average man to afford plenty kids?

I have seen grace to grass stories and the ones with fewer kids ALWAYS bounce back better. They get help faster, are able to see family members to accommodate them without degrading the kids and are able to pick up life with way lower paying jobs because they don't have so many kids.

If the Dangotes, Odetolas, Alakijas, Obi Cubanas etc can have 2, 3, 4 kids, what kind of money does a man think he has to make him have 5, 6 or infinity kids when the 'economy is supposedly good'?

4 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by bukatyne(f): 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:

That's not true. These families will make do with what they have and raise their kids d best way they can. They might be drinking garri but there's love in d family, that will fill their bellies

Are you educated sir?

If you are, are you enlightened? Are you exposed to the world around you? Do you understand how the world works sir?

And these families drinking garri in love, how do their children turn out? What is the future of the children? Love will fill the bellies of children; do you have kids?

Abi suffer no dey tire una? You do not like your kids to work in great companies or have a good start in life because you have provided it for them?

If you want their suffering and poverty Olympics to start where yours stopped? What are the future plans of your children?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by bukatyne(f): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2023
easzypeaszy:
wht if u do twice get 3 to 6kids
I hv 1 4yrs later na 2 come.
In hospital I saw a man wt 5 at once
Saw many 3s
And I saw a woman wt 2twins twice

If you give birth first time & have two or three or four, isn't that answered prayers and a sign to lock up.

The only excusable occurrence is multiple births after a single birth.

Say you have one kid, you want another one and give birth to four; it's tough but you can call on God who gave you the four to bless your hustle and make a way for your family.

Nobody would blame you in that circumstance; people would empathise with you and probably show you ways to make more money legitimately.

In law, it is called 'force majeure' meaning an 'act of God'. There is nothing you could have done about it.

Or you have twins and want one more and have triplets; that is an act of God.
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by bukatyne(f): 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nasri100:

This is facts. You really dont need to even tell anyone about birth control anymore.

People are seeing it first hand. Reality will teach you a lesson.

So If you want to f uck around in this Nigeria and give birth to what you cant take care of due to societal pressure or ego, you finna find out soonest.

You will understand the phrase Every Mallam With His Kettle. grin grin

Very true
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2023
bukatyne:

Are you educated sir?

If you are, are you enlightened? Are you exposed to the world around you? Do you understand how the world works sir?

And these families drinking garri in love, how do their children turn out? What is the future of the children? Love will fill the bellies of children; do you have kids?

Abi suffer no dey tire una? You do not like your kids to work in great companies or have a good start in life because you have provided it for them?

If you want their suffering and poverty Olympics to start where yours stopped? What are the future plans of your children?

Offpoint. How does all you have typed negate the following or related to the following?

That's not true. These families will make do with what they have and raise their kids d best way they can. They might be drinking garri but there's love in d family, that will fill their bellies
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by FROGMAN101(m): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:

Offpoint. How does all you have typed negate the following or related to the following?

My friend. If you want, born 15 children. Give them Garri and be happy. If theres love in your family and you can take care of them, thats you and your family’s business. Nobody cares.

The only reason why people care is 👇

If you have these kids and go on begging money (or spreading these kids to other people) from people that are very careful with their life and plans, then you are a selfish and useless person if you do that.

Enjoy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by nobilie: 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2023
This should be written in hausa language
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2023
Even in a good economy, its hard to raise many children.
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
FROGMAN101:

My friend. If you want, born 15 children. Give them Garri and be happy. If theres love in your family and you can take care of them, thats you and your family’s business. Nobody cares.

If you have these kids and go on begging money (or spreading these kids to other people) from people that are very careful with their life and plans, then you are a selfish and useless person if you do that.

Enjoy.

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by FROGMAN101(m): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
FROGMAN101:

Enjoy.

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Nasri100(m): 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
FROGMAN101:

Enjoy.

Ignore the lexy2014 guy

Hes run out of steam so the village man thinks hes doing something by trolling.

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nasri100:

Ignore the lexy2014 guy

Hes run out of steam so the village man thinks hes doing something by trolling.

But by mentioning my name, you haven't ignored me yet u are asking someone to ignore me.

Is that how u take your own advise?

What steam have I run out of?

What's wrong with a village?

Trolling in what way exactly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House / How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) / Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.