Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,424 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? (628 Views)

Opinion: Any Married Woman Who Pays Her Own Bills Is Single. / What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by RepoMan007: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
This may look a simple question but it isn't.

Marriage is from God. From God's manual, The Holy Bible, the idea of the man as the head and provider originated. The issue here is that, in the bible also, the woman had certain roles to handle as an helper.
One example of such roles was/is that of fetching water from the river or stream to handle household cores.

Nowadays, there are advanced options like public water utility and boreholes.

That leads me to the question, who pays the bills for water? The petrol for pumping water, who buys it? The public electric power that pumps water, who pays for it?

The man or the woman?
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
Women are not meant to pay bills of any kind

2 Likes

Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by talented321: 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2023
Pastor pastor' evangelist
IconicR:
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by RepoMan007: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
From Proverbs 31

[10] Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
[11] The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
[12] She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
[13] She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
[14] She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
[15] She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
[16] She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
[17] She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
[18] She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
[19] She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
[20] She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
[21] She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
[22] She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
[23] Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
[24] She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
[25] Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
[26] She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
[27] She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
[28] Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
[29] Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
[30] Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
[31] Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

From the above verses, a woman is suppose to have income and assist the household with it, even reaching out to the needy and poor.
Any argument about women not earning is null and void(empty and of no effect).
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
talented321:
Pastor pastor' evangelist
No proof whatsoever, stop shaming pastors, it's people like you that chased me from evangelism
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
RepoMan007:
This may look a simple question but it isn't. Marriage is from God. From God's manual, The Holy Bible, the idea of the man as the head and provider originated. ■ The issue here is that, in the bible also, the woman had certain roles to handle as an helper.
One example of such roles was/is that of fetching water from the river or stream to handle household cores. Nowadays, there are advanced options like public water utility and boreholes. That leads me to the question, who pays the bills for water? The man or the woman?
1. God instituted marriage in Genesis 2 vs 24 right before God then disavowed marriage by way of His judgment and curse against it in Genesis 3 vs 16 processing that your marriage is of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. The "edict" that install man over woman in marriage is in fact God's curse/judgement against marriage of men, so there is nothing holy or of God about the union. undecided

2. From the beginning, God set no roles in marriage and that didn't change even after the curse took effect. So learn to keep God's mention out of even your petty marriage issues. undecided
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by talented321: 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2023
So as i chased u away from evangelism' na where u stand like this
IconicR:
No proof whatsoever, stop shaming pastors, it's people like you that chased me from evangelism
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2023
RepoMan007:
From Proverbs 31

[10] Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
[11] The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
[12] She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
[13] She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
[14] She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
[15] She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
[16] She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
[17] She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
[18] She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
[19] She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
[20] She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
[21] She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
[22] She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
[23] Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
[24] She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
[25] Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
[26] She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
[27] She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
[28] Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
[29] Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
[30] Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
[31] Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

From the above verses, a woman is suppose to have income and assist the household with it, even reaching out to the needy and poor.
Any argument about women not earning is null and void(empty and of no effect)
That story in Proverbs 21 is of a woman who maintains several slaves and runs at least one industry. Guess who is supposed to pay for all those slaves and all the resources ever at her disposal? Are you at least a dollar millionaire that you would have such expectations of your wife whom your bank account should be freely open to? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Toluwanise247(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
IconicR:
No wonder…..
I pity your guy …. Na go buy your underwear 🩲

1 Like

Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by HRprof: 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
Does Bill has gender ?
If yes then men are to pay the bills
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
talented321:
So as i chased u away from evangelism' na where u stand like this
I Dy my house

1 Like

Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Nice2023(m): 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2023
Any woman who can afford certain bills and expect the man all the time is a terrible woman.

Young men,pls avoid such women.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Coly2012(m): 6:00pm On Jul 22, 2023
It's not the duty of a woman to pay bills, but her most honorable duty to support her husband, so to pay the bills including that of water, it depends on their family structure, income and responsibilities as mutually agreed between them.
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Nazgul: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
Do people pay water bills in Nigeria?
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by fyzaila: 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
Well, husband pay the bills as that is his responsibility. However, the wife can pay from time to time if she has the money to reduce his burdens. That's love and understanding. A good husband will respect and adore his wife for her sacrifices.

1 Like

Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by RepoMan007: 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
IconicR:
then what is the helping role of a woman to you?
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by RepoMan007: 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
fyzaila:
Well, husband pay the bills as that is his responsibility. However, the wife can pay from time to time if she has the money to reduce his burdens. That's love and understanding. A good husband will respect and adore his wife for her sacrifices.
from proverbs 31, the woman is not a optional or conditional contributor. She is to be fruitful materially from home while the man goes around to bring things home. It was a complementary relationship God established between the man and the woman and not a supplementary one.
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by RepoMan007: 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2023
Nazgul:
Do people pay water bills in Nigeria?
depending onmhow you see it, water bill covers water or provision for it.
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by ahnie: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2023
IconicR:
Says who?
What's the meeting of helpmate?

This mindset here is one of the many reasons why men don't last.

Pls if you are to counter my opinion,pls be convincing!
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Nazgul: 3:52pm On Oct 01, 2023
RepoMan007:
depending onmhow you see it, water bill covers water or provision for it.
Maybe in houses where they buy water. Cos most landlords these days build their houses with boreholes, thus eliminating every kind or form of water bill.
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by RepoMan007: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
[sub][/sub]
Nazgul:

Maybe in houses where they buy water. Cos most landlords these days build their houses with boreholes, thus eliminating every kind or form of water bill.
that means the water bill is now part of the rent bill the society generally expects the man alone to foot. Isn't that transference of duty from the helper to the principal?
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Nazgul: 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
RepoMan007:
[sub][/sub]that means the water bill is now part of the rent bill the society generally expects the man alone to foot. Isn't that transference of duty from the helper to the principal?
In that case, the couples can look for other bills to spilt amongst themselves since that of water is already included in the rent which the man pays.

Alternatively, they can spilt the rent bill since it includes both water and rent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by RepoMan007: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
Nazgul:

In that case, the couples can look for other bills to spilt amongst themselves since that of water is already included in the rent which the man pays.

Alternatively, they can spilt the rent bill since it includes both water and rent.
100 likes.

1 Like

Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
ahnie:

Says who?

Ahnie leave me and these Nairaland boys oooo, I use every opportunity I have to return the bad energy they've shown me since I discovered this forum 😂😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by ahnie: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2023
Oh! I get it now!you sure are returning the biles
IconicR:
Ahnie leave me and these Nairaland boys oooo, I use every opportunity I have to return the bad energy they've shown me since I discovered this forum 😂😂😂😂
Re: Man Or Woman, Who Pays Water Bills In A Marriage? by Iyanuoluwa007: 12:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
ahnie:

Says who?

Iconicr can't find a loving husband in this modern world and present economy. Her views are unrealistic.

(1) (Reply)

Girl With 9a1s In WAEC Poisoned To Death By Stepmother / Winningmen / Family Souvenirs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.