Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,281 members, 7,853,343 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (449987 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (487) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MayorJoshofNewY: 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
b0b0000:
Good morning everyone
Thought to drop landing gists as this forum really helped me
1. Booked my flight (Lagos to Toronto) first week in August, best to book this early as I paid a lot for the flight ticket
2. The airline was Lufthansa, with a stop in Frankfurt
3. Left Nigeria by some minutes past 12 am and got to Frankfurt in less than 8 hours.
4. Connecting flight to Toronto got delayed by about 1 hour, but we still managed to get to Toronto almost as scheduled (Like 4:45pmToronto time)
5. At the point of entry, because I had done my Cbss declaration through arrivecan, the entry process was quick.
6. I then went to like a waiting area to get my study permit.
7. The wait for getting the study permit was a long one (waited for like 5hours and I really don’t know why).
8. Cbsa officer didn't ask that many questions, only proof of school fees payment which I provided. However I noticed that they asked one guy for his proof of course registration which he couldn’t provide hence they told he guy to wait, so it’s best to get all your documents ready as you might not be able to determine which one they’d ask for. I was with my admission letter, proof of funds, Airbnb booking details and proof of tuition payment but they only asked for the proof of school fees payment.
I’m eternally grateful to God for journey mercies and his favor throughout the whole relocation process and I’m also really grateful to this forum and the people here for all the information shared. You guys rock!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!
I was wondering though why ask for proof of tuition payment as not all schools require you to make payment prior to resumption, particularly if the admission was UNCONDITIONAL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OTSAMUEL: 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
Pls does anyone book an appointment for medical recently I don't know half of the remaining of September was saying no SLOT AVAILABLE pls what does it mean.

Abeg my peeple, I need urgent reply to this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Stardor: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
Congratulations, pls how much did you show as POF?
OA2:
We bless the Lord,
PPR received for myself (SP) and child (VV)!
First time Applicant.
Please find timeline below:

June 16: Application Submission
June 24: Biometrics Completed, uploaded same day
July 21: Medical Request for me
July 21: IMM5604 Request Letter for my child
July 23: IMM5604 and my husband's passport data page uploaded
August 4: Medicals completed
August 6: I sent our medical information sheets via webform
August 19: My medical status updated to "pass" but no update on my child's medical status.
August 22: I sent a webform, inquiring on the status of my child's application as the last update received was the IMM5604 request.
August 22: BVL received for me and PPR for both of us.
August 23: Passports submitted via UPS office closest to VFS at Lagos.
*I paid the ₦16,540 transmission fee for my child who didn't undergo biometrics.
September 6: Passports picked up
September 7: Letter of Introduction received

Submitted Documents
-SOP (3 pages)
Here I introduced myself, my academic and professional background, personal information, gave reasons as to why I chose the course, the school and the country itself, I also listed my attached documents and arranged them sequentially.
I also explained in detail the correlation between my intended course of study and my current career, highlighting how it would benefit my career in the long term.
*I attached documents to back up every fact mentioned in my SOP
-Certificates (Educational, Professional, Birth and Marriage)
-Letter of Acceptance
-Bank Statement (4 months)
-Proof of assets
-Letter of Introduction from my Employer
-Work ID
-Payslips (4 months)
-Letters of Employment and Promotion
-Business Name Certificate
-Tuition Deposit Payment Receipt
-Police Character Certificate (I gathered this wasn't necessary but chose to include it)
Thank you guys for everything, this place is a goldmine of information, I read this thread and the previous ones diligently and here we are, all thanks to God and to all who take out the time to respond to questions and post helpful information here.
Thanks especially to @bobomaigida who responded to my previous inquiry and advised me to send webforms and mails while I awaited the upload of our medicals.
May all hopeful applicants receive their good news soon, amen.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
OTSAMUEL:
Pls does anyone book an appointment for medical recently I don't know half of the remaining of September was saying no SLOT AVAILABLE pls what does it mean.

If you are trying to book appointment with Qlife, they have specific time you can do that.
Below is a response from them, follow their instructions.

“Good day,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your mail.

Booking of appointment is strictly on our website at www.qlifefamilyclinic.com and slots are opened every Tuesday by 9am and Thursday by 3pm

On the website, you can view the requirements, available dates and schedule an appointment.

Warm regards”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lolone(f): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone answering my questions so far. I'm really grateful 😃

Please does anyone have a copy of SOP for a self-employed person? If the person used Mpower as well. If not I'll prefer either of the two or both even if they're separate🙏

My second question, do I have to calculate miscellaneous for 2 years since I'm going for a 2-year course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Shegs105: 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2023
I HAVE SUBMITTED MY OLD PASSPORT FOR RENEWAL WHICH THE IMMIGRATION GUY SAID WOULD BE READY IN 3MONTHS, HOWEVER, IT WOULD EXPIRE IN 2025, CAN I STILL USE THE OLD PASSPORT FOR SCHOOL APPLICATION?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by goddyog: 4:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
Good afternoon everyone,

Please can a couple (without kids) survive in Canada on 10m for atleast 6month?

School fee for 1 year (outside the 10m) will be fully paid.

Flight ticket will not be from the 10m

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abigbo: 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2023
Yes

Shegs105:
I HAVE SUBMITTED MY OLD PASSPORT FOR RENEWAL WHICH THE IMMIGRATION GUY SAID WOULD BE READY IN 3MONTHS, HOWEVER, IT WOULD EXPIRE IN 2025, CAN I STILL USE THE OLD PASSPORT FOR SCHOOL APPLICATION?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Shegs105: 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2023
What if I am given an offer, would the old passport submitted to the school not contradict the new passport when out? would that raise an eyebrow during a visa application? additionally, I am almost at the surrounding of applying for programs at Humber College, but most of their courses that fall under my preferred course of interest, Communication are open for January 2024, but they had none for May 2024. Can I still apply for that as the school says they may process admission within 4-5 weeks? Can I really meet up??
Abigbo:
Yes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MikePaulGh(m): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hello House. Please I'm applying from Nigeria but I'm presently in Ghana. Can I do my medicals and biometrics in Ghana and still be okay.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by officialmdee: 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nora064:

PPR has landed 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
God is indeed faithful

I appreciate all the help I got from this platform as I used the information gathered here to make my application myself.
First time applicant!

Online application submitted 21/08/2023
Biometrics done 25th Aug
Medical Request 29th Aug
Medical done 31st Aug
Medical updated to passed 3rd Sep
BVL and PPR 6th Sep

Whole application was less than 3weeks.

please which school did you apply and when is the resumption

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
LegitFool:

Ok. Thanks
What's the way forward for a third class graduate?

A Post Graduate Certificate (PG.Cert) Program at a College is your best shot

Either a Post Graduate Certificate in a Program related to your Academic background (if you don't have an obvious study gap) or your work experience (even if your work experience is not related to what you studied in the University)

That being said,

What did you study in the University?

What year did you graduate from the university ? (for study gap purpose)

What's your Job title and your work experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ATTAHDYE(m): 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
Yes you can, just look for vfs and accredited hospital for Canada in Ghana

MikePaulGh:
Hello House. Please I'm applying from Nigeria but I'm presently in Ghana. Can I do my medicals and biometrics in Ghana and still be okay.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MikePaulGh(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
ATTAHDYE:
Yes you can, just look for vfs and accredited hospital for Canada in Ghana

Thanks. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Annebassey(f): 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hi Good evening.

I am new here, and i need help. who knows about this travel agency(official_natotravel)? i am about to engage them (official_natotravel). Please help share your experience if you have any.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abigbo: 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
That's mainly for identification.
When applying for your permit u can use the new passport.
Shegs105:
What if I am given an offer, would the old passport submitted to the school not contradict the new passport when out? would that raise an eyebrow during a visa application? additionally, I am almost at the surrounding of applying for programs at Humber College, but most of their courses that fall under my preferred course of interest, Communication are open for January 2024, but they had none for May 2024. Can I still apply for that as the school says they may process admission within 4-5 weeks? Can I really meet up??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by PeSt007(m): 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
Done that.

oriented:

Send me email so I can share you my experience because I applied from UK too and got it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Fitress: 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hello guys. Please I need your advice.
My boyfriend and I are planning to relocate to Canada through study route (Diploma program). Asides internship and nysc, he doesn't have any work experience while I have 2 years work experience as an Account officer in a bank. My boyfriend has learnt product design, product management, No-code website development and currently learning Javascript.

Based on our work experience and skill set, who will you advise to study for successful study permit visa approval and easy PR.

Also, we have been leaving together for over 2 years, would you advise that we apply as married couple or as common law partner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Remmilekunn: 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hello house, I’m looking for Accommodation in Vancouver ( university Canada west).
Pls if you can help me out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2023
Fitress:
My boyfriend and I are planning to relocate to Canada through study route (Diploma program). Asides internship and nysc, he doesn't have any work experience while I have 2 years work experience as an Account officer in a bank. My boyfriend has learnt product design, product management, No-code website development and currently learning Javascript.

Based on our work experience and skill set, who will you advise to study for successful study permit visa approval and easy PR.

Also, we have been leaving together for over 2 years, would you advise that we apply as married couple or as common law partner

You can apply as common law partner if you can provide evidence of your relationship. Since you have work experience, you can apply under SOWP while your BF applies under SP preferably a PGC or Master's if he has good CGPA. Please note that SOWP is for spousal work permit, since you aren't married yet, you need to do a lot to justify while you should be given the permit, there is someone on this thread who did it. (I am not sure) you can search for it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
Annebassey:
Hi Good evening.

I am new here, and i need help. who knows about this travel agency(official_natotravel)? i am about to engage them (official_natotravel). Please help share your experience if you have any.

Since you have found your way here, you can do it yourself, this thread helps members DIY. Even if you decide to hire an agent, it will be good you familiarize yourself with the process to know what exactly the agent is doing for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Remmilekunn: 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hello house, I’m looking for Accommodation in Vancouver ( university Canada west).
Pls if you can help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
No, it will not. Whatever passport you submit for stamping is what they will use for you provided it carries your details.
Shegs105:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
Good evening to you, anyone among you can be the principal applicant and you can apply as common law partner there is provision for that but be ready to provide evidence such as shared utility bills, rent bills, pic, consent from parent or family member etc
Fitress:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Awesome85(m): 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
Inikay:

Search this on telegram
24 Jan Intake THOMPSON RIVERS UNIVERSITY
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Awesome85(m): 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
OTSAMUEL:

check Qlife.
Book it on Monday between the hrs of 8-10am

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Awesome85(m): 10:35pm On Sep 09, 2023
Fitress:

two years work experience has a better chance interm of visa approval.

Meanwhile , you guys should get married and,apply as couple..chances of approval will be higher.
My 2kobo
Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by b0b0000: 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
MayorJoshofNewY:

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!
I was wondering though why ask for proof of tuition payment as not all schools require you to make payment prior to resumption, particularly if the admission was UNCONDITIONAL

Hi, I honestly don’t know why
But it’s like a normal conversation you’re having with a person, if you show them reasons why you don’t have they should understand
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by b0b0000: 11:06pm On Sep 09, 2023
timmy229:

Congratulations 🍾

Thanks!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
Good evening everyone. Please can anyone add me to the WhatsApp and Telegram group? I will really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zammy123(m): 1:14am On Sep 10, 2023
ChikaIJ55:
Hello everyone.

I have paid my deposit of 1,500 CAD dollars at Conestoga college and I'm currently preparing my POF.

What amount can be shown in the POF?

Hi, I’ve trying to pay mine too and exchange rate has been crazy. How much were you charged and how did you pay your please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (487) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: ramobiojo(f), JMG12 and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.