Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (416082 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (470) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansp: 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
January 2024]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teau: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hello House, please whats the process of getting police character certificate now. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2023
Teau:
Hello House, please whats the process of getting police character certificate now. Thanks

It's not compulsory you don't need it. Haven't seen a single person that was denied visa because of not a submitting police report

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gaeul(f): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
Good day House, please am in a fix. My sister got visa for September and NBCC have already resumed. They are refusing to give her deferral. Their next year admission is closed for Nigeria and Ghana and her visa expires next year end. What are her options please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SAMadex11(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
Your financial issues are highly complicated. Starting from your mummy to your employer it shows you've no genuine intentions to return home.

You supposed to have enough POF for yourself apart from many people sponsoring you since you're working genuinely. Secondly which kind of documents you submit for your mummy? Which kind of documents you submit for yourself regarding your employment status?

ademma2022:
Someone pls help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SAMadex11(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
Your sister supposed to have defer the admission since. What was she waiting for ?? I'm sorry, I'm not the bad news breakers but she may lose the study permit

gaeul:
Good day House, please am in a fix. My sister got visa for September and NBCC have already resumed. They are refusing to give her deferral. Their next year admission is closed for Nigeria and Ghana and her visa expires next year end. What are her options please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teau: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2023
zubizareta:

It's not compulsory you don't need it. Haven't seen a single person that was denied visa because of not a submitting police report

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by pnieeventures: 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hybrid600:

Have you received your LOA for January intake?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gaeul(f): 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2023
Thanks for your response..Some people are novice...What's gone is going...Moving forward, is there any way like changing school or just going to Canada and changing school there ...please has anyone had this challenging situation before...
SAMadex11:
Your sister supposed to have defer the admission since. What was she waiting for ?? I'm sorry, I'm not the bad news breakers but she may lose the study permit

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gaeul(f): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2023
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
gaeul:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chuksbosco(m): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Can I still use my bank statement as a self-sponsor after my first-refusal visa?
JMG12:
Send an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lollyloly(f): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hello house, please how much does WES evaluation cost
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by smatadex(m): 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2023
Please o I need urgent help, my cousins just did biometric this week, but her agent said she should go ahead and pay for school fees, that the school fees receipts will be sent to embassy. Please is that possible, how true is that after the documents has been submitted already. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ifeeluxe: 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hello good day everyone,
I need y’all intake on this please
I got another refusal letter today due to financial reasons. Although I had applied for the first time earlier in august then after two weeks they refused me stating I didn’t provide a written document that I’ve been accepted into the designated institution which is not true because I submitted my LOA sent from u of r. I’ll have the refusal file attached.
So after 2 weeks of the first refusal I rewrote my sop and then reapplied and made sure I wasn’t making a mistake of not uploading my LOA and other of my documents.
I reapplied on the 5th of September and got a response from the IRCC today 12th of October stating I’ve been refused due to financial reasons which wasn’t their reason for refusing me earlier in august but now is.
Duration of study: 4 years
Tuition fee: 20,500 yearly
Proof of funds: 48m
Total credit: 96m
Tuition deposit: 500CAD paid
Part of tuition fee of 2,000CAD was paid.
My dad is my sponsor using his company account. Every other documents needed to back it up such as landed properties, company certificate and so on, was submitted alongside.
Please note that I paid a part of my tuition fee after the first refusal which wasn’t for financial reasons.
Please I need you all advice on this how is it financial reasons when it wasn’t from the start.
I’ll attach the first and second refusal letter accordingly.

Also please my people can I apply for a gcms note for my previous refusal earlier in august.

How do I request for a gcms note as well thank you 🙏

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ifeeluxe:
Hello good day everyone,
I got another refusal letter today due to financial reasons. Although I had applied for the first time earlier in august then after two weeks they refused me stating I didn’t provide a written document that I’ve been accepted into the designated institution which is not true because I submitted my LOA sent from u of r. I’ll have the refusal file attached.
So after 2 weeks of the first refusal I rewrote my sop and then reapplied and made sure I wasn’t making a mistake of not uploading my LOA and other of my documents.
I reapplied on the 5th of September and got a response from the IRCC today 12th of October stating I’ve been refused due to financial reasons which wasn’t their reason for refusing me earlier in august but now is.
Tuition fee: 20,500
My dad is my sponsor using his company account. Every other documents needed to back it up such as landed properties, company certificate and so on, was submitted alongside.
Please I need you all advice on this how is it financial reasons when it wasn’t from the start.

Also please my people can I apply for a gcms note for my previous refusal earlier in august.

Is your tution 20,500 per year or its for the whole 4 years ? im trying to imagine 20k for a 4 year program for an international student
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Hastykate: 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ifeeluxe:
Hello good day everyone,
Tuition fee: 20,500

Sometimes we need to put ourselves in the position of the officer, you paid 2009cad and u said u have 46m… its not looking real and also if the 46m was bulk fund then it means u don't have money is just a made up account. Sometimes this people see it as why will you pay 2k when you say you have 46m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by smatadex(m): 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2023
PLEASE HELLP!!!

smatadex:
Please o I need urgent help, my cousins just did biometric this week, but her agent said she should go ahead and pay for school fees, that the school fees receipts will be sent to embassy. Please is that possible, how true is that after the documents has been submitted already. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ifeeluxe: 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
Damilare5882:
Is your tution 20,500 per year or its for the whole 4 years ? im trying to imagine 20k for a 4 year program for an international student
Thanks for responding it is
20,500 per year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ifeeluxe: 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hastykate:

Sometimes we need to put ourselves in the position of the officer, you paid 2009cad and u said u have 46m… its not looking real and also if the 46m was bulk fund then it means u don't have money is just a made up account. Sometimes this people see it as why will you pay 2k when you say you have 46m

Lol it’s not in bulk and mind you I paid this part of tuition fee after the first refusal. Of which at first I made no tuition fee payment the only thing I did was pay my tuition deposit. It just doesn’t make sense. Kindly read what I wrote to have a better understanding of what’s happening there!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ifeeluxe:

Thanks for responding it is
20,500 per year
Using my experience on this platform to judge ..20500 * 4 = 82,000
10,000 for each years expenses =40,000
82000 +40000 = 122000
122000 * todays exchange rate (555 naira)
= 67,747,667 naira

You paid 2500 CAD deposit and submitted 48,000,000 naira POF.

I think you can see where the issue lies.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ifeeluxe: 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2023
Damilare5882:
82000 +40000 = 122000
= 67,747,667 naira

Uhm please why do you think I wasn’t refused for financial reasons at first but instead they said I didn’t provide a written document that I’ve been accepted into the designated institution.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ifeeluxe: 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ifeeluxe:
[/quote][quote author=Ifeeluxe post=126365512]
Damilare5882:
82000 +40000 = 122000
= 67,747,667 naira

Damilare5882:
82000 +40000 = 122000
= 67,747,667 naira

Uhm please why do you think I wasn’t refused for financial reasons at first but instead they said I didn’t provide a written document that I’ve been accepted into the designated institution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ditha(f): 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
well, you are expected to show availability of tuition and living expense for the first year, so, 48million looks sufficient. I think something else is missing, probably in your SOP
Damilare5882:
82000 +40000 = 122000
= 67,747,667 naira

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ifeeluxe:
Unfortunately i have no idea. Might either be an error from the VO or you. Bear it in mind that Admission Letter is different from Letter of Acceptance, so i hope you didnt mix it up when submitting. You might want to double check next time before uploading and submitting.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ifeeluxe: 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2023
Damilare5882:
Unfortunately i have no idea. Might either be an error from the VO or you. Bear it in mind that Admission Letter is different from Letter of Acceptance, so i hope you didnt mix it up when submitting. You might want to double check next time before uploading and submitting.
lol I uploaded my letter of acceptance to be precise.
I think I’ve come to a conclusion that these people do as they like. I mean they give biased reasons to not just approve your visa just do your best and hope on God.
I can remember earlier today someone on here complained about dragging them to court with an immigration lawyer after having solid funds and documents they had no choice than to ask for settlement instead of going to trial.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by smatadex(m): 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2023
Please o, can school fees be paid after bio metric has been done, I was told it will be sent to the embassy. Is that possible?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TradeSunMoore: 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
smatadex:
It is possible to submit documents to IRCC via web form after submission of application. I just did this morning.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Luada(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ifeeluxe:
I think I’ve come to a conclusion that these people do as they like. I mean they give biased reasons to not just approve your visa just do your best and hope on God.
I can remember earlier today someone on here complained about dragging them to court with an immigration lawyer after having solid funds and documents they had not choice than to ask for settlement instead of going to trial.
From what i see the vo is not wrong for the second refusal, reason why 46m might look enough, even in my eyes. The vo knows you have siblings which may also be depending on your dad too, so they dont expect him to use almost all his money on 1 person that number 1, two your dad runs a company and also he has workers to pay, so what i will advise you do is to work on your sop, and if possible get a property valuation for home ties cause that can be the headline for the third refusal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
Yes you can use it, but you need to work on the POF which means you will need an updated statment
Chuksbosco:
Can I still use my bank statement as a self-sponsor after my first-refusal visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
WES icap will cost around 230cad for Canada profile while USA cost around 270usd
lollyloly:
Hello house, please how much does WES evaluation cost
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kenn55: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ifeeluxe:
I can remember earlier today someone on here complained about dragging them to court with an immigration lawyer after having solid funds and documents they had not choice than to ask for settlement instead of going to trial.

They didn't refuse you on financial grounds initially probably because they didn't even get to the point where they evaluated it. Sometimes IRCC evaluates applications step by step, the basic step first then the more complex steps follow. So if they can't find an important document during the basic evaluation, the reject the application without going through other details.

Now, from what you wrote, your application doesn't seem convincing to even me sef. You can't be paying just 2k out of a total cost of 80k while showing big account statement. Since you are going for a 4 year program, it would have made sense to at least pay for 1 year tuition.

Note that to get a settlement or favorable decision in court, your application must be clearly tight even to a blind man. IRCC wins cases too. My cousin got a settlement cos it is very obvious IRCC got it wrong. The school fees he fully paid for his 1 year masters program was 49,950 CAD and not even 45,000 CAD as I wrote earlier. So he only needed to show just 10k living expenses but he showed 25k USD without lump sum. So you see why IRCC settled the case.

I will advise you to pay at least 1 year school fees and be clearer on your finances. While it looks like you have solid funds, if you do the maths well, it doesn't look that solid for a 4 year program.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Scottotas1: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2023
Good day great house and family. Please what documents am I to take along for biometric?

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (470) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.