Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,188 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (415730 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (469) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
danalad:

yeah, you are not alone, it happened to me.

When did you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jbaba821: 12:49pm On Nov 07, 2023
High commission of Canada in Nigeria had a fire outburst yesterday,may the soul dat died rest in peace,I heard they hav suspended services,,,guys what do you think would be the adverse effect of this sceneRio
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by omotolanibaby(f): 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
jbaba821:
High commission of Canada in Nigeria had a fire outburst yesterday,may the soul dat died rest in peace,I heard they hav suspended services,,,guys what do you think would be the adverse effect of this sceneRio
they have susendes operation until further notices
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by omotolanibaby(f): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2023
What do you think

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ChiomaMC: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2023
thanks
macsilver:

Use your Microfinance bank. It has worked before. There’s no need to transfer it out. Also, ensure your money is sufficient and it stays in there for at least 4-5 months before you commence your VISA processing.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ChiomaMC: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2023
ok, thanks
Augrere2022:

Since your salary account is with the MFB, you can add it to show your income,
But if you can move the fund to a commercial bank, do so and provide statement of account from both banks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by LawreyK: 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2023
bullstriker:
Focus on the program’s relevance to your present or future career path, as most officers do not consider previous education if you are not a recent graduate.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
jbaba821:
I jist came here to ask the same question 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mosunmolade: 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
Please, who can help me with schools with low initial deposits for business management related courses.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2023
jbaba821:

Pls anyone with good knowledge of what this means should throw some lights.

What will happen to those that have submitted, done biometrics and waiting for decision?

What will happen to does that are yet to submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2023
Whenishehelping:
Good morning everyone, my visa application was refused today. I don't know what to do right now.
Are you in your previous application added something..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mosunmolade: 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
Please, who can help me with schools with low initial deposits for business management related courses..
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mosunmolade:
Please, who can help me with schools with low initial deposits for business management related courses..
Thanks
Google pls or check the beginning if this thread by Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
Since you are still in Nigeria, the POF for the family size travelling to Canada applies. But she might get away with a different account; I have seen people do.
I recommend applying with the kids after you arrive in Canada unless you have a convincing reason to travel with them.
AskGod07:
Thanks for your swift response bullstriker, the main application which is student already gotten his study permit with his own bank account.

Now the wife and the kids ready to apply with the wife bank account ie. (Separate bank account)

Are you saying that if the wife and the kids are ready to apply they should show proof of funds sufficient for themselves and the (student ie PA )? but they are using different bank account.

Note: They are not using POF that PA ie student used for his study visa.

The wife want to use her own bank account for herself and the kids for swop and SP for the kids.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 4:16pm On Nov 07, 2023
Send me a message
TMVetcare:
Good morning people in the house, I have just been denied a visa, all they say is that they are not sure I will depart Canada. Pls I wish to request for gm note to know the main reason of denial. Pls kindly enlighten me on the platform I can use to make the payment for the GMC note because pay4me app doesn't pay for GMC note. Pls which platform can I use for the payment. Tx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
You can check the following:
Conestoga (1500CAD). The remaining fee is due months before your program start date.
Uni of Manitoba (2000 CAD)- for postgraduate program. Balance is due a couple of months before the start date.
Holland College (500 CAD).

You can reach out if you need help securing admission.
Mosunmolade:
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Chivincent:
Good Day guys, please what does this mean? I just received the mail from VFS:

Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXX – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office on 2023/11/06 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

I would appreciate an urgent answer please 🙏🏻
when did u do ur biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by wasiubello: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
Dear esteemed Nairalanders,

I am in urgent need of your assistance regarding a matter of utmost importance. I previously assisted a friend in applying for a study visa and included his common-law partner in the application as a dependent. Regrettably, the common-law partner's application was refused due to insufficient evidence of their relationship, and my friend who is, the primary applicant, was approved.

Now, we have gathered ample evidence to support the common-law relationship, and I am eager to reapply promptly. However, I am facing challenges in finding the option to reapply for the common-law partner through my friend's GCKEY account. Has anyone encountered a similar situation before? If so, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

I am uncertain whether I need to create a new GCKEY account to proceed with the reapplication. If a new account is indeed necessary, could you kindly advise me on which application category I should select? It's worth noting that in the initial combined application, we applied for an open work permit for the common-law partner.

Is it possible to use the primary applicant GCKEY account for the reapplication, and if so, where can I find the option for reapplying for the dependent alone? Your assistance on this matter would be immensely valuable to me.

Thank you for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AskGod07: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
Thanks boss, please can we work this together? I mean If I want to apply right away while I'm still in Nigeria?

Just for them to have their visa before I travel and join me later

bullstriker:
Since you are still in Nigeria, the POF for the family size travelling to Canada applies. But she might get away with a different account; I have seen people do.
I recommend applying with the kids after you arrive in Canada unless you have a convincing reason to travel with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RealWealth22: 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2023
bullstriker:
Conestoga (1500CAD). The remaining fee is due months before your program start date.
Uni of Manitoba (2000 CAD)- for postgraduate program. Balance is due a couple of months before the start date.

Holland is 1000 CAD from their site

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
Use the wizard tool to generate the correct forms. The correct form for SOWP is IMM 1295 if you are applying from outside Canada.
You can create a new account.
You must disclose previous applications, including the refusal, or else the applicant will receive a PFL and possibly a 5-year ban for misrepresentation.
wasiubello:
Dear esteemed Nairalanders,

I am in urgent need of your assistance regarding a matter of utmost importance. I previously assisted a friend in applying for a study visa and included his common-law partner in the application as a dependent. Regrettably, the common-law partner's application was refused due to insufficient evidence of their relationship, and my friend who is, the primary applicant, was approved.

Now, we have gathered ample evidence to support the common-law relationship, and I am eager to reapply promptly. However, I am facing challenges in finding the option to reapply for the common-law partner through my friend's GCKEY account. Has anyone encountered a similar situation before? If so, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

I am uncertain whether I need to create a new GCKEY account to proceed with the reapplication. If a new account is indeed necessary, could you kindly advise me on which application category I should select? It's worth noting that in the initial combined application, we applied for an open work permit for the common-law partner.

Is it possible to use the primary applicant GCKEY account for the reapplication, and if so, where can I find the option for reapplying for the dependent alone? Your assistance on this matter would be immensely valuable to me.

Thank you for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2023
It's up to you
AskGod07:

Thanks boss, please can we work this together? I mean If I want to apply right away while I'm still in Nigeria?

Just for them to have their visa before I travel and join me later

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 7:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
Just -1° Brandon Manitoba Canada..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 7:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
Thanks for the correction
RealWealth22:
Holland is 1000 CAD from their site
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sazjun76: 7:53pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hello house,

We are applying from uk. Please for the police character can we use UK DBS or we need to use the nigeria police character. Also please for family of 3, does it mean the main applicant (wife) and dependant husband will do the police check or only the main applicant?

Anyone going to Red Deer Polytechnic, Alberta. Any whatsapp or telegram group please 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ObiomaTailor: 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
bullstriker:

Bullstriker can u please help with ur contact

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
PCC is not a mandatory document
sazjun76:
Hello house,

We are applying from uk. Please for the police character can we use UK DBS or we need to use the nigeria police character. Also please for family of 3, does it mean the main applicant (wife) and dependant husband will do the police check or only the main applicant?

Anyone going to Red Deer Polytechnic, Alberta. Any whatsapp or telegram group please 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ObiomaTailor: 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
Please i still need suggestions as regards an institution that's quite affordable

I studied banking and finance from a polytechnic

I have only secured my HND TRANSCRIPT.

2 agents I met and asked said I cannot gain a postgraduate admission with just the HND transcript, that I also need my ND transcript..

Transcript application in my school takes at least 8-10 weeks

They (the agents) both suggested a COLLEGE DIPLOMA.

Please before I proceed with the College diploma thing, is that the best I can get?

Can I get any other better offer?

Please I need assistance

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Haythobs: 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
good day everyone
i’m new here pls🙏 i want to confirm the tuition deposit of memorial university of newfoundland. i saw $300CAD on their site. how true is it? thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
You don't need your ND transcript an important document is your HND certificate instead of ND transcript
ObiomaTailor:
Please i still need suggestions as regards an institution that's quite affordable

I studied banking and finance from a polytechnic

I have only secured my HND TRANSCRIPT.

2 agents I met and asked said I cannot gain a postgraduate admission with just the HND transcript, that I also need my ND transcript..

Transcript application in my school takes at least 8-10 weeks

They (the agents) both suggested a COLLEGE DIPLOMA.

Please before I proceed with the College diploma thing, is that the best I can get?

Can I get any other better offer?

Please I need assistance

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CannyNomad: 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
JMG12:
You don't need your ND transcript an important document is your HND certificate instead of ND transcript

ObiomaTailor Another option is that you can supplement them with your statement of result if you have one. What they want to see are your courses, grades and CGPA. At least that was what I used for mine though I understand different schools have different specifics. Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
Augrere2022:

Pls anyone with good knowledge of what this means should throw some lights.

What will happen to those that have submitted, done biometrics and waiting for decision?

What will happen to does that are yet to submit?
Who has a reply to this should pls respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (469) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.