Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,615 members, 7,851,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (446890 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (484) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by excel1960(f): 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2023
October 14 and I'm still waiting and believing God for a positive response.

Baphil:
Please is there anyone who submitted study application from 24th to 30th October 2023 who has not still gotten a response?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Terrikat(m): 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2023
Terrikat:
Good evening everyone, i got this notification the day i did my biometric, what does it mean?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2023
Rapujoshua:

It is self sponsored
He showed documents of sales of properties, salary account. I do not think it is a financial issue.

The issue is that the VO must have sent a request to his school to confirm if they issued the letters he submitted but received no response. I suspect the VO would have reached out via the school email stated on the school website rather than the information stated on the letter to do a secondary check and received no response.

This is just me thinking, I am not saying it with certainty but request for your notes to know the actual reasons.

Is the school where he lectures a public school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AlexanderBusayo: 11:37pm On Nov 16, 2023
Please everyone!!!

So my first application got denied on the basis of the Visa Officer not being convinced I have enough funds to foot my tuition and stay in Canada.
After this, I asked my dad(my sponsor) to send the funds to my account.

I am about to apply again after gathering enough information from this great platform. But then I got my GCMS note saying I didn't show evidence of how my dad acquired his funds(even though I added his work documents).

Now my question is this, even though he has transferred the funds to my account and I will be explaining that in my SOP, do I still need to show proof of how my dad acquired the funds he is sponsoring me with?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Yuzee(f): 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2023
Baphil:
Please is there anyone who submitted study application from 24th to 30th October 2023 who has not still gotten a response?
Oct 17th for a friend,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mrnwas(m): 11:40pm On Nov 16, 2023
Do not Pay anyone for Statement of Purpose ever again...
This is one of the most important documents that requires your time and experiences to generate and we promise you no Travel agent can ever write it the way you can!
See this guide on how to craft a perfect SOP and this is for you that is seeking that Canadian Scholarship
See here https://nicescholarship.com/8-strategies-to-creating-a-unique-statement-of-purpose-sop/

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2023
Sorry about the denial.

How much is your tuition and how much did you use for Pof?

What work documents did you attach exactly ?

AlexanderBusayo:
Please everyone!!!

So my first application got denied on the basis of the Visa Officer not being convinced I have enough funds to foot my tuition and stay in Canada.

I am about to apply again after gathering enough information from this great platform. But then I got my GCMS note saying I didn't show evidence of how my dad acquired his funds(even though I added his work documents).

Now my question is this, even though he has transferred the funds to my account and I will be explaining that in my SOP, do I still need to show proof of how my dad acquired the funds he is sponsoring me with?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2023
AlexanderBusayo:
Please everyone!!!

Yes, you still need to show proof of ow your dad got the funds so they will know it’s not for show

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adeiyanu3: 12:16am On Nov 17, 2023
If you will be studying Oshawa, Durham and need an apartment suitable for just a single person, I have a room in a 2 bed, 1 bath basement house for rent. Chat me up.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kelex062: 2:08am On Nov 17, 2023
Guys, does P2P crypto trading work in Canada similar to the way it works in Nigeria?
Also would I get taxed when withdrawing crypto from a crypto exchange. Anyone have any idea on how it works?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmanuelvictor: 3:01am On Nov 17, 2023
Good morning senior colleagues. Please help me o
I want to know how long does it takes to get a feedback on a study application after biometrics ?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 3:38am On Nov 17, 2023
I believe there are two major issues—the inability of the DLI and employer to confirm the Letter of Acceptance and employment letter, respectively. Little wonder, the VO doubts the credibility of his submission.

Reach out to the DLI to ascertain why they did not confirm the Letter of Acceptance and request a letter confirming the authenticity of the LoA.

As for the employer, ask the school to place their seal on the employment reference letter or get it notarized. As @Bobomaigida pointed out, the contact information on the letter is likely not the same as that on their database; they have credible means of verifying some of these documents if they want to.
Rapujoshua:
Please I need your assistance.
A friend visa was refusal on this ground.

This are the documents he uploaded and they are letterhead and signed by the institution as well
-Letter of Introduction from Institution
-Letter of Appointment As clerical Staff
-Redesignation letter as Lecturer
-Affidavit of Return
-statement of purpose

Please your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ethanuella: 4:12am On Nov 17, 2023
Stardor:
Ah, this your approval is giving me so much hope, I wish, meaning your husband did a gift deed to you right? Is your husband fully sponsoring you or he's just a co sponsor? Pls don't mind my many questions..

He is fully sponsoring me

No, he didn’t do a gift deed. He transferred the money in a lump sum into my acct

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ethanuella: 4:20am On Nov 17, 2023
sheikh007:

Wow.. congratulations 🎉..please did you at any point send a webform between your application and PPR and why?

Yes I did.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by doublestar21(m): 5:45am On Nov 17, 2023
Please who have university of Manitoba WhatsApp group ? Thanks 🙏🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Terrikat(m): 6:26am On Nov 17, 2023
[quote author=Terrikat post=127009683][/quote] so no nobody in this group understands what this pix means? Someone should please reply me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AlexanderBusayo: 7:21am On Nov 17, 2023
Thanks a lot.

My school fees is $12k.
My POF was almost 40M(naira).

My dad is a pastor and I uploaded documents to show that he is an ordained man of God(his seminary certificates) and supporting documents to show the church he pastors.

askarachi:
Sorry about the denial.

How much is your tuition and how much did you use for Pof?

What work documents did you attach exactly ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iceboyblog: 7:23am On Nov 17, 2023
Yes i submitted on 23 of October no update but have seen somebody that submitted on 27 of October with decision

Baphil:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AlexanderBusayo: 7:23am On Nov 17, 2023
All right, thanks a lot.

Augrere2022:

Yes, you still need to show proof of ow your dad got the funds so they will know it’s not for show

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Shakitibob0: 8:07am On Nov 17, 2023
AlexanderBusayo:
Thanks a lot.

My school fees is $12k.
My POF was almost 40M(naira).

My dad is a pastor and I uploaded documents to show that he is an ordained man of God(his seminary certificates) and supporting documents to show the church he pastors.

The question is how did he earn up to that amount?

Does he get monthly salary working as a pastor? You need to prove it bro

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 9:03am On Nov 17, 2023
Rapujoshua:

It is self sponsored
He showed documents of sales of properties, salary account. I do not think it is a financial issue.
The whole application submitted lacks credibility because of document submitted and according to the last paragraph of the refusal letter...Including finance ..
The person provided appointment letter as clerical staff and Redesignation letter as a lecturer..there may be no evidence provided or experience and why a clerical staff is redesignated as a lecturer. VO may think the job duties are not similar then questions the authenticity of documentation provided from the place of work ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by StanOyiga72: 9:48am On Nov 17, 2023
Rapujoshua:
Please I need your assistance.
A friend visa was refusal on this ground.

This are the documents he uploaded and they are letterhead and signed by the institution as well
-Letter of Introduction from Institution
-Letter of Appointment As clerical Staff
-Redesignation letter as Lecturer
-Affidavit of Return
-statement of purpose

Please your advice

Did your friend indicate that a work component is required for my program when filling their questionnaire?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by our9ja: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2023
Thanks finally paid the application fee ..How long does it take, before they make a decision? Between what course did you apply for
Zannix:

login details to your dashboard on the school website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CannyNomad: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2023
Adeiyanu3:
If you will be studying Oshawa, Durham and need an apartment suitable for just a single person, I have a room in a 2 bed, 1 bath basement house for rent. Chat me up.
Hi I'm interested. Please drop your contact details. I'm unable to d.m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gabby18: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2023
Badadvisor:
My agent is charging me 930 for Canadian dollar rate while it's showing 850 to 900 in the official aboki rate. He's insisting that buying cad with naira there in Canada is more expensive than the Nigerian market.(He's in Canada).
Is he being honest with me? The highest i can see CAD to naira in black market rate is 900 and he's insisting on 940 🥲
I can't back off right now he's going to want to intentionally withhold some of my important documents I'd be needing because he's the one who started everything from the admission to the initial school fees deposit for me.
This is just ruining my finances.
Please nairalanders how much are you guys paying for CAD?

I'm just so sad right now

Download lemonade app .. u can use it to change ur naira to CAD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sheikh007(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2023
our9ja:
Thanks finally paid the application fee ..How long does it take, before they make a decision? Between what course did you apply for

How did you eventually make the payment?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Terrikat(m): 10:59am On Nov 17, 2023
Terrikat:
so no nobody in this group understands what this pix means? Someone should please reply me
can someone explain this pix to me?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 10:59am On Nov 17, 2023
Hang in there! It is coming soon.

Damilare5882:
sept 26 here smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 11:02am On Nov 17, 2023
It will come! Have you tried writing to them?

excel1960:
October 14 and I'm still waiting and believing God for a positive response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 11:04am On Nov 17, 2023
It is coming by God's grace. Hang in there!

Yuzee:
Oct 17th for a friend,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2023
It will come! The approval of the 27th means they are looking into October applications. Let's wait and hope for the best.

Have you written to them?

Iceboyblog:
Yes i submitted on 23 of October no update but have seen somebody that submitted on 27 of October with decision

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adeiyanu3: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2023
CannyNomad:
Hi I'm interested. Please drop your contact details. I'm unable to d.m

You would chat via mail and I will respond. However, ibwill need to know about you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (484) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: giftedhands101, kachi10000(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.