Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (404165 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (464) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnvibe: 5:48pm On Apr 07
zubizareta:

Yes

Please any changes on your visa application till now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 5:59pm On Apr 07
ColdHunter:
Good morning good people,

I have been offered admission to Simon Fraser for the Masters september intake.

My question is

1. which application should come first? study permit or Visa application.

2. Will a 3 - 4 month account statement with very heavy activities be sufficient?

3. How long does it take to receive Visa? This is to know when to start my application.

4. When do I need the statement of account? During study permit or Visa application?

I'll be glad if someone can be kind enough to help.
1. They more or less the same thing- Your visa application is to get a study permit that will allow you study in Canada.
2. Nigerians are required to provide six months statement, even though IRCC website requests for at least four months but the documents checklist used by VOs to process Nigerian applicants demands for six months statement.
3. No one can state how long it takes to get a visa, IRCC usually publishes estimated processing times.
4. Your statement is needed to confirm your POF, it is assumed that your POF should be ready, in your account or your sponsor's account. You have to show how then funds were raised with documentary proofs and explain any huge inflow into the account(s)

Also, you need to go through the first page of this thread, to know more about what you need.
For your POF, you will need to show.
Your first year Tuition + Living expenses of $20,635+ flight costs and small change for miscellaneous.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kamsi99: 8:56pm On Apr 07
Please my sister got her study visa application refused.. even after paying one year tuition!!! She applied on December 30th 2023. We have received her gcms and ready to explain the reasons.

But my question is, Can she reapply immediately or will she be needing attestation letter? Will the new rule of attestation saga apply to her considering the rule was made Jan 22nd.

Did anyone reapply without attestation letter and got response?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kost: 9:22pm On Apr 07
big thank you to our guys for providing answers to questions
so a quick one

Centennial college gave me another offer for September ( no pressures again)

Now the school sent a mail that they partnered with some consultant ( Border Pass ) to handle all documentations from Letter of admission to provincial letter and also submit visa applications on student behalf with the necessary payment.

please has anyone here used Borderpass or knows about their success rate before i go ahead with them?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abdul111: 12:08am On Apr 08
Hello gurus in the house,

i want to confirm 2 things

1. Is police character certificate required for canada student visa?

2. Is upfront medical still a thing? cos i read somewhere that you have to wait for them to request for it before getting it done(also student visa)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ColdHunter(f): 12:16am On Apr 08
Bobomaigida:

1. They more or less the same thing- Your visa application is to get a study permit that will allow you study in Canada.
2. Nigerians are required to provide six months statement, even though IRCC website requests for at least four months but the documents checklist used by VOs to process Nigerian applicants demands for six months statement.
3. No one can state how long it takes to get a visa, IRCC usually publishes estimated processing times.
4. Your statement is needed to confirm your POF, it is assumed that your POF should be ready, in your account or your sponsor's account. You have to show how then funds were raised with documentary proofs and explain any huge inflow into the account(s)

Also, you need to go through the first page of this thread, to know more about what you need.
For your POF, you will need to show.
Your first year Tuition + Living expenses of $20,635+ flight costs and small change for miscellaneous.

Thank you Chief,

Please I'm a bit confused on how to proceed on my application.

I tried to create a login on the IRCC website but its requesting for an invite codita quite xomfusing for me.

What is the first step I should take on my Visa application process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lijay92: 9:05am On Apr 08
Hello everyone. So I requested for my tuition fee refund from Conestoga college after two visa refusal. Paid through flywire so the refund is coming back through them. Will it be the same amount I paid in naira as at 2022 December or will it be the naira equivalent of the school fees as at dollar rate now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 9:14am On Apr 08
ColdHunter:

Thank you Chief,

Please I'm a bit confused on how to proceed on my application.

I tried to create a login on the IRCC website but its requesting for an invite codita quite xomfusing for me.

What is the first step I should take on my Visa application process?

Use youtube videos to get the steps to create a profile, I believe you are trying to use the new portal. You can also use the old portal or what they call the GCkey.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 9:15am On Apr 08
Kamsi99:
Please my sister got her study visa application refused.. even after paying one year tuition!!! She applied on December 30th 2023. We have received her gcms and ready to explain the reasons.

But my question is, Can she reapply immediately or will she be needing attestation letter? Will the new rule of attestation saga apply to her considering the rule was made Jan 22nd.

Sorry about the refusal. She will need a attestation letter to reapply now. Since she has paid her one-year tuition, she stands a strong chance of getting the AL. Please do not reapply without the attestation letter.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 9:16am On Apr 08
Lijay92:
Hello everyone. So I requested for my tuition fee refund from Conestoga college after two visa refusal. Paid through flywire so the refund is coming back through them. Will it be the same amount I paid in naira as at 2022 December or will it be the naira equivalent of the school fees as at dollar rate now?

The exact amount you paid then will be returned to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 9:17am On Apr 08
Abdul111:
Hello gurus in the house,

i want to confirm 2 things

1. Is police character certificate required for canada student visa?

2. Is upfront medical still a thing? cos i read somewhere that you have to wait for them to request for it before getting it done(also student visa)

1. NO

2. Yes you can do upfront med, it quickens your application processing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lance008(m): 9:48am On Apr 08
Lijay92:
Reason for refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abdul111: 9:55am On Apr 08
Bobomaigida:

1. NO

2. Yes you can do upfront med, it quickens your application processing.
thanks for the response boss, any idea where I can do the medical in Abuja? When I checked on google it showed one IOM center in asokoro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:16am On Apr 08
The new policy will apply to her if she applies to a College or undergraduate program but if it is MSc it won't apply to her
Kamsi99:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:24am On Apr 08
Kamsi99:

Hello Kamsi99,

If she is studying in a college, she'll need to include the PAL before reapplying. She shouldn't proceed without it. Otherwise, the application will be withdrawn.

Best Wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bobodudu100: 11:53am On Apr 08
Yes my intended school Ottawa uni give partial scholarships . But I am looking for a means to offset the remaining hill. I am in the process of securing a supervisor . Pls anyone had fully funded programme through scholarships . Kindly share how you went about it or if you know the process please share thanks

JustMellow:

Hello Bobodudu100,

Usually, the Ph.D. study comes with full or partial funding in most Canadian institutions. Start by securing a supervisor. You can check with the University of Calgary, the University of Victoria, and others.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shinaxurdick: 12:05pm On Apr 08
Good afternoon gurus in the house.

My application is now more than 14weeks, without any updates, what is still showing on the portal is ‘’confirmation of online application transmission’’ according to the agent that submitted the application.
And i am to resume class first week of May.

Pls what else can i do, is there a phone number to reach them ?

Thank you 🙏 all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 1:21pm On Apr 08
JustMellow:

Hello Kamsi99,

If she is studying in a college, she'll need to include the PAL before reapplying. She shouldn't proceed without it. Otherwise, the application will be withdrawn.

What is PAL please?

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 1:23pm On Apr 08
Greetings guys

Please which universities in Canada accepts a Second class lower B.Sc degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 1:24pm On Apr 08
What's PAL please?
JustMellow:

Hello Kamsi99,

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 1:32pm On Apr 08
Daaaz0409:
Hello house, I’ve been a silent reader on this thread for a while now, and thanks to all the info I got from this platform I was able to do my university application myself. I just got admitted to do my masters at university of Calgary. Meng Geomatics Engineering.

My passport however is not ready yet, is there anything I can do in the meantime while waiting for my passport? And also a friend advised that I use an agent for the visa application, what do you guys think? I’ve been doing everything myself thus far including passport application

You didn't use Ur passport for the school application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 1:35pm On Apr 08
shinaxurdick:

My application is now more than 14weeks, without any updates, what is still showing on the portal is ‘’confirmation of online application transmission’’ according to the agent that submitted the application.

Thank you 🙏 all.

Why don't you track the request on tracker? 14 weeks is a long time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tecnolad(m): 2:39pm On Apr 08
Hi gurus in the house. I appreciate all the help that you've been rendering.

I have two questions:

What is the cost of Canadian study visa application?
What is the cost of doing biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by swudy: 3:53pm On Apr 08
Please how long does it takes before you got the admission. I had apply since January 30 but no decision has been make on my application and I put in for September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gbenshe: 3:56pm On Apr 08
Study permit is $150
Biometric fee is $85
Total amount is $235

tecnolad:
Hi gurus in the house. I appreciate all the help that you've been rendering.

I have two questions:

What is the cost of Canadian study visa application?
What is the cost of doing biometrics?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by swudy: 3:59pm On Apr 08
Please how long doesn’t it took to get the admission. I had apply since January 30, till date, no decision
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 4:11pm On Apr 08
shinaxurdick:

Thank you 🙏 all.

Do you have access to your IRCC account in the portal?

If you do, kindly track it before 14weeks is long .

If you don't have any of the login details....please put more pressure on the agent to provide it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by BeatThaMeat: 4:23pm On Apr 08
Stop asking these Daft idiots basic questions most of them are dull and they get their informations from the IRCC website , that’s how one idiot deceived me into submitting my application , the agent who was also doing it for me, submitted the application like that, he didn’t even care cos I already paid him his funds complete then my application was withdrawn! When they start issuing attestation letter , you will see them all over here as if they gave it to them to share . Like I said if you need any information go to IRCC website! Attestation letters have not been issued to most colleges yet , it might take sometime! God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Purpleivy(f): 5:06pm On Apr 08
Hello everyone, I have just received my PAL.
Please I need help in choosing clinic for medicals. Which is better IOM or QLIFE?, I want to have my upfront medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mysterious33(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08
#Rentals #Apartment

I know it's a long shot but I thought I should give it a try.

I'm searching for a 1-bedroom apartment in Waterloo area (close to Conestoga College, Waterloo campus). A spacious basement with private exit would be nice.

Move-in date: May 1st, 2024

Please reach-out if you have any info.

PS: Yes, I'm equally searching on rentals websites in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 6:02pm On Apr 08
Let the agent show you a confirmation to verify if he is telling the truth, then you can raise a webform or give it an additional 1 week.
shinaxurdick:

Thank you 🙏 all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ayosharon4321: 6:05pm On Apr 08
Lance008:

Why avoid Ontario please any reason

Considering your age and chances of getting PR

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (464) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Calista12345, Debo54, Whillz(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.