Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

How The Nazis Took Death Camp Lessons From USA: USA Human Gasoline Camp(pic) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The Nazis Took Death Camp Lessons From USA: USA Human Gasoline Camp(pic) (341 Views)

Russia Karma On USA, USA Naval Ship Sinking In New York / Mexico Suspends Gasoline Subsidy To Stop US Drivers From Buying Cheap Fuel / 10 Plans Hitler Would Have Put In Motion If The Nazis Had Won (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Nazis Took Death Camp Lessons From USA: USA Human Gasoline Camp(pic) by Truthday: 3:02am On Jul 25, 2023
In 1917, American health officials in El Paso, Texas, launched a campaign to use toxic chemicals, including gasoline baths, to disinfect immigrants seeking to enter the United States through the US-Mexico border.

Only a few days after the alarming practice was launched at the border, one Mexican woman refused to go through it, sparking a protest of thousands of Mexicans at the El Paso border. Her name was Carmelita Torres; she was a 17-year-old maid from Juarez who crossed the border daily for work.

Although Torres and the riots briefly shut down the border, the campaign would continue for decades and even go on to inspire Nazi scientists. In this video, we trace the dangerous policies that lasted well into the 1960s, from the forced kerosene baths to the use of the poisonous gas Zyklon B to the fumigations of migrant workers in the “Bracero program” using the pesticide DDT. Watch the video above to learn more about this long history of toxic chemicals at the border.If you want to learn more about the “Bath Riots,” check out David Dorado Romo’s book Ringside Seat to a Revolution. And for more on the Bracero program, check out the Bracero History Archive.

This is the second installment in Missing Chapter, where we revisit underreported and often overlooked moments of the past to give context to the present. Our first season covers stories of racial injustice, political conflicts, even the hidden history of US medical experimentation. If you have an idea for a topic we should investigate in the series, send it to me via this form!

1 Like

Re: How The Nazis Took Death Camp Lessons From USA: USA Human Gasoline Camp(pic) by timilehin007(m): 3:05am On Jul 25, 2023
Guys please show love for my 2-year old Dora. I’m not begging for alms or money. I just need you to view this very short video, it’s just about a minute or less. Just u to view and perhaps like too. It’s not easy getting to the final round. Don’t let my effort go in vain.
Thanks in anticipation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svnu1bDP9Gw
Re: How The Nazis Took Death Camp Lessons From USA: USA Human Gasoline Camp(pic) by Yj090: 3:39am On Jul 25, 2023
Osomabenladin
Re: How The Nazis Took Death Camp Lessons From USA: USA Human Gasoline Camp(pic) by SolMaximus: 3:44am On Jul 25, 2023
lets go to Hollow Earth

Re: How The Nazis Took Death Camp Lessons From USA: USA Human Gasoline Camp(pic) by STRI1: 6:46am On Jul 25, 2023
USA is a bastard blood sucking country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"We'll Side With Niger Forces If We Are Sent There" Soldiers In Ivory Coast / The Biden Brand / Israel’s Farms Need Foreign Labourers. The Hamas Attacks Triggered An Exodus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.