Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Amodu Or Siasia? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Or Siasia? (4217 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Or Siasia? by honeric01(m): 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2011
Prior to 2002 wordcup, Nigeria was at the verge of crashing out from the worldcup qualifiers, the then coach resigned and ran away from Nigeria, Amodu shuaibu was contracted to carry on with the rest of the games (i think 2-3 games), he ended up winning all the remaining matches and at the same time qualifying us for the worldcup.

fast forward to 2011, Siasia in the same scenario, ended up failing to qualify with all the HELP AND SUPPORTS he got from Nigeria/Nigerians and the nfa.

the last nations cup qualifier was like this too but even without support from Nigerians, Amodu still qualified us and not only to the nations cup, but also to the worldcup and he was paid around 1-2million.

siasia is getting almost double of this amount with series of friendly matches, friendly media (journalists) and all that.

Be sincere and be frank with yourself, wouldn't you take an Amodu over Siasia in this case?

An Amodu with majority against his job/position and style, yet got the job done in the presence of adversaries, even though the last match was played away, yet he still won and a siasia with majority in support of him and with 100% corporation from the NFA still couldn't do the easiest thing, win at home.

(until we start electing and appointing people devoid of sentiments, i don't see Nigeria getting anything right in the nearest future.)
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by montelik(m): 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2011
I am sure some will still blame Amodu for this failure. After all, after spending millions on Lagerback last year, some blamed his poor performance and results on Amodu.
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by honeric01(m): 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2011
^^^

Until we stop punishing those who truly serve this nation, we are likely not going to be freed from this hell of a disaster.
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by Relax101(m): 11:35pm On Oct 08, 2011
I still root for Siasia. Amodu is corrupt.
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by honeric01(m): 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2011
Relax101:

I still root for Siasia. Amodu is corrupt.

Corrupt because? did he fine any of his players $5k for reporting late or because you just love to use that word indiscriminately?
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by medjai(m): 9:22am On Oct 09, 2011
We've had 3 coaches since Amodu's sack, what has come out of it?
We were ignominously sent packing from the group stage of the world cup and now, we can't even qualify for the CAN.
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by otokx(m): 11:51am On Oct 09, 2011
Siasia should resign or if not then he should be sacked.
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by OMG1: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2011
Siasia! He should be left alone to continue the good work he has started. Discipline has returned to SE. They are now creating more chances on the pitch. I see him winning the Nations cup in 2013 and going far in 2014 world cup.
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by mallorca(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2011
take it or live it Amodu is Nigerian best Coach ever, Gogle his results as National team coach,
AMODU FOR LIFE!!!
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 09, 2011
whether siasia or amodu or lagerback, der is d need of commitmnt frm d playerz demselves, Besyds, must we go to d nations cu? Is it on NIGERIa datz in africa; na we go world cup go fumble, make we go nationz cup, after nigeria castrated eagles don raise our hop by scorin first, den d opponent will come frm behind and win, They jst saved me and u dat stress, Gud we did not qualify, religious and fanatical war is wht we knw best, God bless super eagles, Allah bless BOKO haram, the ancestorz punish NIGERIA for bein lyk ds @ 51, Mmmttcchheeeww,
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by ikeyman00(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

take it or live it Amodu is Nigerian best Coach ever, Gogle his results as National team coach,
AMODU FOR LIFE!!!

u cnt be serious!!
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by ayusco: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2011
@honeric still go for sia1 cos of style of play. u mentioned 2002 wc qualifyers yet u forget to state the good fortune amodu had liberia was leading the group until ghana beat them we snuck in last time 2010 mozambique beat tunisia we squeezed through again don't get me wrong amodu did well for us and was unfairly treated but his coaching style (negativity) would eventually fail but siasia's style (positive attacking play) giving time and defensive discipline would yield results IMO
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by ferdiking: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
they are all the same
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by sylve11: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2011
they r both silly coaches but amodu is more sillier. I tire 4 d country, nothing just dey workout. sad cool
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by jpworld(m): 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2011
There is difference between coaching u-20 and super eagles. Siasia coaches Mikel and co in there young days and could impose any law on this young players, because they are young, they known they have a long way to go, they could listen and obey anything.

Super eagles are men for God sake, u don't impose anything on them, you are not there employer, they are here to honor Nigeria.

This men own families, they own houses, you can't get the best of them, by imposing crazy law, Siasia should resign simple!
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by Ogetogeo(m): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2011
I still go for siasia. Since he started with d eagles, the style of play v improved, we now luv watching d team play. Also, d players are gud, expecially d area of attack, wot we really need now, is for siasia to get n develop gud defenders n midfielders, this is a team in progress.
As for yesterday's result, i fink dat prediction affected d players, its enuf pressure already to need only a win to qualify, den added wit prediction.
Imagine preparing hard for an exam n u r told it wont favour u?
Pls, nxt time, we dnt need such predictions, lets watch d match n take any result dat comes
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by linkin8k(m): 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2011
torhuke:

whether siasia or amodu or lagerback, der is d need of commitmnt frm d playerz demselves,  Besyds, must we go to d nations cu? Is it on NIGERIa datz in africa; na we go world cup go fumble, make we go nationz cup, after nigeria castrated eagles don raise our hop by scorin first, den d opponent will come frm behind and win,  They jst saved me and u dat stress,  Gud we did not qualify, religious and fanatical war is wht we knw best, God bless super eagles, Allah bless BOKO haram, the ancestorz punish NIGERIA for bein lyk ds @ 51,  Mmmttcchheeeww,

true talk except for the blessings. there is no commitment from most of the players. just look at Mikel walking round the pitch yesterday like it don't concern him, when your supposedly best midfielder is doing that then how will a young player have motivation to play well. It don't matter the coach we use, until our players change their mentality towards the national team nothing is going to improve. bring Sir Ferguson or Guardiola sef nothing go happen
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by BetaThings: 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2011
OMG!:

Siasia! He should be left alone to continue the good work he has started. Discipline has returned to SE. They are now creating more chances on the pitch. I see him winning the Nations cup in 2013 and going far in 2014 world cup.

What GOOD work? Breaking a 25-yr old record?

Ogetogeo:

I still go for siasia. Since he started with d eagles, the style of play v improved, we now luv watching d team play. Also, d players are gud, expecially d area of attack, wot we really need now, is for siasia to get n develop gud defenders n midfielders, this is a team in progress.
As for yesterday's result, i fink dat prediction affected d players, its enuf pressure already to need only a win to qualify, den added wit prediction.
Imagine preparing hard for an exam n u r told it wont favour u?
Pls, nxt time, we dnt need such predictions, lets watch d match n take any result dat comes

What style of play? This is Nigeria, not Arsenal. I want a team that will strike fear into the heart of and cause anguish to the Cameroonians and Ghanaians
Result, Result. That is what they give trophies for
What is Fabregas doing in FCB. He wants his neck full of garlands!

ayusco:

@honeric still go for sia1 cos of style of play. u mentioned 2002 wc qualifyers yet u forget to state the good fortune amodu had liberia was leading the group until ghana beat them we snuck in last time 2010 mozambique beat tunisia we squeezed through again don't get me wrong amodu did well for us and was unfairly treated but his coaching style (negativity) would eventually fail but siasia's style (positive attacking play) [b]giving time and d[/b]efensive discipline would yield results IMO

Do you remember that another coach gave up before Amodu butted in?
Suppose it is Amodu's luck
BTW what is Nigeria's FIFA ranking
Arsenal has given Wenger too much time. I no get that kin time
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by sylve11: 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
the boys cannot be controlled by whosever coach, and that's the problem they r facing. cool
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by born2boink(m): 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
AMODU simply the best

, Amodu has qualified us to worldcup twice,
After his qualification,ONIGBIDE was introduced in 2002 and he couldn't even win a single match, AMODU was not given the job in 2006 and we failed to qualified for world cup

another occur in 2010, Nigeria demanded AMODU to qualified for world cup and QUARTER final in nation cup to secure his service, he meet the demanded, winning medal as 3rd place and yet,Nigeria failed him and hire LARGERBEER to coach them and he couldn't even win a single match too, remember AMODU wasn't given the Job in 2006 and we failed to qualify,

When will Nigeria learn a lesson
AMODU ALL THE WAY JOOR
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by RickyRoss1(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2011
SIASIA IS STILL BETTER THAN AMODU, DUDE NEEDS MORE TIME TO REBUILD.
FOR ME SACK THE ENTIRE NATIONAL TEAM AND BUILD FROM SCRATCH
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by boombell: 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2011
We are al looking at SIASIA achievement we he was coaching over aged players called U-21.Now his yansh av been exposed.I once said it that we will soon call for his head.
Pls make Baba Onigbinde and others go beg AMODU,then we will start doing well.Chikena.
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by phreakabit(m): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

SIASIA IS STILL BETTER THAN AMODU, DUDE NEEDS MORE TIME TO REBUILD.
FOR ME SACK THE ENTIRE NATIONAL TEAM AND BUILD FROM SCRATCH

You sound so clueless. Did Nsofor, Ike Uche, Obasi, Yobo, Joel Obi have bad games yesterday? Was Eyeama present? So why disband the entire team?

What tactical finesse or proficiency did Siasia display yesterday? So why retain him?

Why does Efe Ambrose keep making first team?

If we really needed to qualify. Why not put the issues with Eyeama aside, just as Vincent del bosque did with David silva (SPAIN), and punish him after the game. Rather than place personal ego top of your priority list , whilst disregarding the emotions of more than 100 million people! IMO the earlier we GET RID of Siasia the better.

[size=14pt]
RHETORICAL QUESTION : WHY DOES SIASIA PERFORM WELL ONLY WHEN SIMON KHALIKA IS PRESENT. . . . . . HMMM?![/size]
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by mallorca(m): 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2011
phreakabit:

You sound so clueless. Did Nsofor, Ike Uche, Obasi, Yobo, Joel Obi have bad games yesterday? Was Eyeama present? So why disband the entire team?

What tactical finesse or proficiency did Siasia display yesterday? So why retain him?

Why does Efe Ambrose keep making first team?

If we really needed to qualify. Why not put the issues with Eyeama aside, just as Vincent del bosque did with David silva (SPAIN), and punish him after the game. Rather than place personal ego top of your priority list , whilst disregarding the emotions of more than 100 million people! IMO the earlier we GET RID of Siasia the better.

[size=14pt]
RHETORICAL QUESTION : WHY DOES SIASIA PERFORM WELL ONLY WHEN SIMON KHALIKA IS PRESENT. . . . . . HMMM?![/size]

SIMON KHALIKA NA HIM JUJU grin
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by phreakabit(m): 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
mallorca:

SIMON KHALIKA NA HIM JUJU grin

[size=15pt]
I think its because the REAL TACTICIAN THERE ISN'T WHO WE THINK IT IS. . . . [/size]
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by belelikfin(m): 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
Amadu to me was a good coach he was sacked and came Lars Lag who was worst and now is Siasia he is a better coach to me and he should be allow to continue.
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
It's simple, siasia has failed.he's nofin short of an egocentric coach dt cant manage d SE,he shld either b sacked or taken back 2 U-23, Nig av d lyks of Keshi who has done o.k. ova tym in Mali dt dnt even av our calibre of playaz,
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by moshoodn(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2011
Let Him stay for crying out loud!
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2011
Some of you don't realize that there is an element of luck in football and coaching. Eagles were not super yesterday because they lost so many scoring chances in the first that would have enabled them to kill the game off. Most of you would have hailed Siasia had been he won yesterday. I suggest they should let him continue his job. Another thing is that NFF should consider Lagos as venue for our National teams games because from records in terms of qualifiers Abuja has been a sort of jinx to the teams
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by ochukoccna: 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
32Million:

It's simple, siasia has failed.he's nofin short of an egocentric coach dt cant manage d SE,he shld either b sacked or taken back 2 U-23, Nig av d lyks of Keshi who has done o.k. ova tym in Mali dt dnt even av our calibre of playaz,
Fallacy!
How many world class players does 9ja have compared to Mali?
You are still living in the glory of the 1994 Super Eagles team.
Please awake.
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by ochukoccna: 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2011
Which kain question be this?
Eternally Siasia
Ever impatient fans.
Hire a coach today
Join the boo boys&sack him the week after.
Amodu with hin heart attack footie?
You wan choose such?
All the best if you choose am.
Re: Amodu Or Siasia? by daroz(m): 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
ochukoccna:

Eternally Siasia
Ever impatient fans.
Hire a coach today
You wan choose such?
ochukoccna:

Eternally Siasia
Ever impatient fans.
Hire a coach today
You wan choose such?
ochukoccna:

Eternally Siasia
Ever impatient fans.
Hire a coach today
You wan choose such?

ochukoccna:

Eternally Siasia
Ever impatient fans.
Hire a coach today
You wan choose such?
Are u posting from a Nokia 3310 or what?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arsenal Sack Mikel Arteta / Man Utd Vs Arsenal Fc Who Wins Tonight? / C. Ronaldo Celebrates Barca's Defeat (Childish or Epic?).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.