Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope (7961 Views)

Windstorm Harm Disabled People In Niger State - Photos / Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death / Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Memunah(f): 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2011
hot angel was very vibrant on Nairaland then
.By God's grace you shall walk on your two feet again.I love your courage and spirit.It is well with you.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by ypad: 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2011
Lizzy, this song is dedicated to God Almighty on your behalf.

The Lord has done great things for us,
Great things for us whereof we are glad,
The Lord shall fulfled the desire of our heart,
The Lord has made us glad,
In keeping us to see, this glorious happy day,
Oh what are hope fulfled,
Jehovah thou art God,
Almighty God thy promises are sure.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2011
My dear! Thank heaven you are not in Nigeria! You wouldn't have been alive to tell this story!

Will there ever be air-ambulance in Nigeria

BTW: PLS CAN SOMEBODY GET US THE INFO ON THAT ONE-LEGGED BEAUTY CHEERFULLY DOING DBANJ OLIVERTWIST.

i wonder whats her story - she is just too inspiring!
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by freecocoa(f): 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2011
I can't seem to hold back the tears.
Keep up the spirit girl,you definitely would walk again in jesus name amen.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2011
Lizzy, AKA Hot-Angel, I remember your posts from the early Nairaland days (I joined in 2007).

I won't pity you, because you are stronger than most of us here. You are a true testament to resilience, courage and determination. Your courage and faith will see you through. We all love you, Lizzy! God bless you, and I have no doubt you'll be up and about before long, stronger than ever, walking taller and prouder than ever.

We all thank God for your life, and are all routing for you.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by snazzydawn(f): 7:53pm On Oct 10, 2011
wakabout:

@Snazzydawn, just the way people are wondering why Hotangel has been silent for a long while, so I've been wondering where you are. Back in the days, I always enjoyed your posts and was always looking forward to some of those your intelligent reasonings. What happened girl, haven't seen your post for a loooooog time. Welcome back sha, missed you lots.
I still post here, just not as before tho. My 'people' like hotangel,icingbaby,scorpio and co. are no longer here. I log in most times as a guest though. Thanks for the heads up dear.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by hotangel2(f): 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2011
Oh Dear, My Nairaland Family still representing?

Thanks to the person who started this thread. I am short of words, and I can only say God bless you all for your kind words. God is good, and it's only through him that my life could be what it currently is despite what the devil tried to do.

I know I've been off NL for a while, But I'd like to thank Snazzydawn for drawing my attention to this post.

There is definitely more to come, and I'm not stopping now.
Please take a moment to visit my website at http://lizzyoke..com/

Thanks again to everyone, and I hope that my message is making a difference in your lives. :-)
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Natasha2(f): 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2011
wow shocked this is super amazing didn't know hot angel.
don't know if this is wicked but i couldn't even shed a tear cos girl I find this so amazing like swety you are more than a conqueror , damn i admire you and your courage, its just wonderful and right now the joy in me is something i can't comprehend, now this is a true definition of ''I'm so inspired'' , I'm not God but I'm more than convinced you're going to walk again kiss kiss kiss You're one heck of a brave girl damnkiss kiss
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by snazzydawn(f): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2011
*dancing windeck* yipeeeeee!!!! She came!!!! Ahhh, hotangel it's goooood to see you here,even if it's brief, Now I wish icingbaby and co wud just come on 'briefly'. cry
Lizzy you have always been in my prayers and God is with you all thru the way. Much LOVE!!!
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by mustafar1: 9:09pm On Oct 10, 2011
i've read a lil about you on here, on bella naija and your blog. i actually understand what you are going thru, my younger sister was involved in an accident and broke her back as well. im a blogger as well (although ive not blogged in quite a long minute) so i'll be coming to your blog to check up on u from time to time. im glad to hear you have a good support system(family and friends) around you cos thats what you need smiley maibe i can be an anonymous part of ur support system although im not as anonymous as i make myself believe smiley

PS: i tried leaving a comment on ur blog and it says somn about my google account not having access to comment yada yada yada.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by adaspire: 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2011
My God can do exceedingly far more than we can think of, He will do it for you
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by nike4luv(f): 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2011
yup! shes MY inspiration Bleep
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by delpee(f): 10:13pm On Oct 10, 2011
You are blessed and will surely remain so. May God continue to strengthen you and grant you total healing.

Sing:
"He is able, more than able to accomplish what concerns me today,
He is able, more than able to handle anything that comes my way.
He is able, more than able, to do much more than i can ever dream,
He is able,more than able to make me what he wants me to be,

Stay happy dear, your life's purpose will be fulfilled in Jesus name.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by dustydee: 10:17pm On Oct 10, 2011
hot-angel:

Oh Dear, My Nairaland Family still representing?

Thanks to the person who started this thread. I am short of words, and I can only say God bless you all for your kind words. God is good, and it's only through him that my life could be what it currently is despite what the devil tried to do.

I know I've been off NL for a while, But I'd like to thank Snazzydawn for drawing my attention to this post.

There is definitely more to come, and I'm not stopping now.
Please take a moment to visit my website at http://lizzyoke..com/

Thanks again to everyone, and I hope that my message is making a difference in your lives. :-)
now i really want to cry. Big up to you girl.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Outstrip(f): 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2011
Beautiful heart to match her beautiful face. God is your strength my sister. You inspire me
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by goggs(m): 10:26pm On Oct 10, 2011
Whoa! So this is the hotangel that i followed closely all those days on Nairaland!

Girl, you've got the strength to pull through! God be with you as you recover. Believe in yourself and your ability to heal and you'll be fine. Best wishes
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Sike(m): 10:37pm On Oct 10, 2011
Hmmm. . Touching!!
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by hotangel2(f): 11:39pm On Oct 10, 2011
Natasha,,:

wow  shocked this is super amazing didn't know hot angel.
don't know if this is wicked but i couldn't even shed a tear cos girl I find this so amazing like swety you are more than a conqueror , damn i admire you and your courage, its just wonderful and right now the joy in me is something i can't comprehend,  now this is a true definition of ''I'm so inspired'' , I'm not God but I'm more than convinced you're going to walk again  kiss kiss kiss You're one heck of a brave girl  damnkiss kiss

Thanks  a bunch. Good you didn't cry. You can only cry if they are tears of joy, because I overcame. :-)

snazzydawn:

*dancing windeck* yipeeeeee!!!! She came!!!! Ahhh, hotangel it's goooood to see you here,even if it's brief,  Now I wish icingbaby and co wud just come on 'briefly'. cry
Lizzy you have always been in my prayers and God is with you all thru the way. Much LOVE!!!
I had to show up after you pointed this out to me. I'm touched that a thread was started about me. I Thank BellaNaija For the opportunity to share this. Here's the original post for those interested. http://www.bellanaija.com/2011/10/07/disabled-still-i-stand-a-story-of-hope

must_a_far:

i've read a lil about you on here, on bella naija and your blog. i actually understand what you are going thru, my younger sister was involved in an accident and broke her back as well. im a blogger as well (although ive not blogged in quite a long minute) so i'll be coming to your blog to check up on u from time to time. im glad to hear you have a good support system(family and friends) around you cos thats what you need smiley maibe i can be an anonymous part of your support system although im not as anonymous as i make myself believe smiley

PS: i tried leaving a comment on your blog and it says somn about my google account not having access to comment yada yada yada.

Ohh snaps,  I just fixed that, sorry about the not leaving comment. I just got the blog, so I'm still getting used to it. Thanks for bringing this to my knowledge.
Now, About your younger sister, I am sorry to hear about her story. But with family members like you, I know she's in good hands. Please send my regards to her, and I say a quick a prayer for her. It is well with her in Jesus name.  Please don't be a stranger, and indeed no one is anonymous. When you comment on my blog, please leave a link to your blog so I can keep up with you. :-)

dustydee:

now i really want to cry. Big up to you girl.
Tears of joy only please. I overcame. And what the devil wanted to use for bad, has now been used for good. :-)

Thanks to Sike and goggs. :-)
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:47pm On Oct 10, 2011
What a creepy story.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by mustafar1: 12:37am On Oct 11, 2011
ok i commented but i still couldnt comment with my blog name. i guess next time i stop by i might just leave a link to my blog although the posts on there are be quite old. as you had said, theres no holding you back. theres a limit yet no limit to the things you can do for urself. my sister plays tennis, goes horse riding, travels around by herself, drives herself around and even does interstate etc etc etc so i know what im saying when i say theres no limit to what you can do.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Kunbee: 12:47am On Oct 11, 2011
Will follow your blog
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by seal777(m): 1:56am On Oct 11, 2011
[b]GOD IS AWESOME, I am speechless and marvel at the unquestionable ways in which God handles the affairs of human : He is sure great and cant be comprehended.

For those who have not had the misfortune of an accident before now, its hard to really understand the full intent of her story.

I had my share of such experience on 18th January 2011, a day after my brothers wife gave birth and visitors were around to wish us well, a terrible accident right on the Marina - Apongbon bridge from the CMS end with my car making a miraculous 360 degrees turn back to where i was coming from, hanging right on the bridge cliff hanger with just a slight push, i would have found myself fell right down at the major car park below the bridge.

The pics of the accident depict a no survivor but I came out miraculously unhurt but had to delete the pictures of the car from my system cos the event keep haunting me for as along as i view the pictures.

Her story strike my mind back to my personal experience still trying to understand how and why i would come out of such accident unhurt,

He kept you alive to fulfill his desires for you, your experience remains an inspiration for all of us and we shall be all around to celebrate you as you walk down the lane while we stood still to further celebrate you.

Thank God for you and all those who stood by you at the trying period.[/b]
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Select(m): 4:08am On Oct 11, 2011
Really inspiring!!!
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by itiswell1(m): 6:18am On Oct 11, 2011
Nice one.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by enomakos(m): 7:57am On Oct 11, 2011
my dear you will walk again soon in jesus name
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by mrmayor(m): 7:59am On Oct 11, 2011
Siena:

Lizzy, AKA Hot-Angel, I remember your posts from the early Nairaland days (I joined in 2007).

[color=#990000][size=13pt]I won't pity you,[/size]
because you are stronger than most of us here. You are a true testament to resilience, courage and determination. Your courage and faith will see you through. We all love you, Lizzy! God bless you, and I have no doubt you'll be up and about before long, stronger than ever, walking taller and prouder than ever.

We all thank God for your life, and are all routing for you.[/color]

You couldn't have said it better, had a sleepless night thinking of Hot-Angel. Lizzy you're indeed stronger than me, you're an inspiration. Still remember you telling me to take Civics Lessons when we argued about Nigerian Flag grin grin. I doff my hat for you Lizzy wink

[size=14pt]21 Gbosas to you Lizzy  Hot Angel[/size]
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by showbobo(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2011
I remember you quite well lizzy. . . . You used to be everywhere on nairaland. . . We sure miss you sis and pray u'll be back on your feet soon insha allahu
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Wislet(f): 9:38am On Oct 11, 2011
seal777:

[b]GOD IS AWESOME, I am speechless and marvel at the unquestionable ways in which God handles the affairs of human : He is sure great and cant be comprehended.

For those who have not had the misfortune of an accident before now, its hard to really understand the full intent of her story.

I had my share of such experience on 18th January 2011, a day after my brothers wife gave birth and visitors were around to wish us well, a terrible accident right on the Marina - Apongbon bridge from the CMS end with my car making a miraculous 360 degrees turn back to where i was coming from, hanging right on the bridge cliff hanger with just a slight push, i would have found myself fell right down at the major car park below the bridge.

The pics of the accident depict a no survivor but I came out miraculously unhurt but had to delete the pictures of the car from my system cos the event keep haunting me for as along as i view the pictures.

Her story strike my mind back to my personal experience still trying to understand how and why i would come out of such accident unhurt,

He kept you alive to fulfill his desires for you, your experience remains an inspiration for all of us and we shall be all around to celebrate you as you walk down the lane while we stood still to further celebrate you.

Thank God for you and all those who stood by you at the trying period.[/b]

And i thank God for your life too dear. Wow! Speechless. Honestly can't find my voice. Wow. Oh Father thank You a zillion for the lives of our friends, and for our lives too, cos everyday we live is by your grace, God bless u dears.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 11, 2011
this is the only post i have seen nairalanders speak with one voice>am so touched.babe u are healed in jesus name.welcome back! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by Jarus(m): 10:55am On Oct 11, 2011
berem:

this is the only post i have seen nairalanders speak with one voice>

You're right. The first time I'm also seeing Nairalanders speaking with one voice. Even in BAWOMOLO mourning thread, insults were still flying. Good observation.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by bayo1(m): 11:56am On Oct 11, 2011
Lizzy, one of your nickname then if i could still remember is: "O jabo ko fo, omo na bounce" Well, the interpretation of that name is: "It fell but did not break, it only bounced off the ground" Honestly, as i reflected on that name you gave yourself then i can say it's so meaningful and prophetic! You fell but refused to break. You really bounced off the floor! I thank God for sparing your life and giving you a new start. You will stand on your feet again, you will surely walk again.
Re: Disabled, Still I Stand – Lizzy’s Story Of Hope by MMM2(m): 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2011
GOD is ur strenght

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speech Delivered By Hon.minister Of Health On The World Blood Donors Day. / Natural Remedies For Hernia / Thick Blood Mixing With Mucus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.