Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (77735 Views)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: / Help'any Update On How Unlocking Iphone 4 Ios 5.1.1,modem Firmware 04.12.01 / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2012
Serial number is 88021EW33NQ
The bb is 5.16.02 will flashing ipad bb help?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2012
D ipad baseband will not kill that serial number. But u MUST not install ipad bb in dat condition. How did u install d upgrade? U didnt preserve bb? U will need to first upgrade with a stock ios first, let it finish installation. Leave it at activation screen fir a while n check if it will reboot. If it doesnt, u can niw jailbreak with d latest redsnow.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 5:54pm On Feb 14, 2012
I preserved the bb with a ipsw i cook with redsn0w.
The device was on 4.33 when i first upgraded it to ios5 and jailbroke it last year no problem. He came to me last friday and the iphone was at the activation screen and was rebooting by itself. He said he was on facebook and suddennly his phone just went off, when he reboot the phone it was showing him the connect to itunes screen.
I tot restoring and rejailbreaking will fix the problem but it didnt.
The wifi suddenly started working but it still restarts and the battery drains so fast
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2012
U are confusing me now. U said d bb is 5.16. Was dat d bb when it was on 433? U sed u upgraded to ios5 last yr from 433, is d bb on 5.16 then or what? Now when he brought it to u, was d fone on recovery or he upgraded directly to 501? because 3gs rebooting means d radio chip is faulty. This is sometimes caused by improper flashing of ipad bb. So i really need to know d true picture. Maybe u shd use email to explain beta.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2012
Okay pls drop your imessenger number. Or reach me at +2348125253717 tanks
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 15, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

Okay pls drop your imessenger number. Or reach me at +2348125253717 tanks
just sent u an imsg
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by fakindele100: 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2012
Alot more here

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 2:01am On Mar 04, 2012
Sorry @ tumababa .I forgot to thank you for your help. The iPhone got network when I restored it as you said.
Thanks a lot sir
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2012
glad it worked. cheesy
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
HERE COMES ANOTHER PERIOD TO STAY AWAY FROM ANY iphone/ipad/ipod UPGRADE IF U Want TO JAILBREAK OR UNLOCK. Anytime from this evening, Apple will release ios 5.1. DO NOT UPGRADE TO IT EXCEPT YOUR IPHONE IS FACTORU UNLOCKED AND U DONT NEED A JAILBREAK.!!!
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2012
tumababa:

HERE COMES ANOTHER PERIOD TO STAY AWAY FROM ANY iphone/ipad/ipod UPGRADE IF U Want TO JAILBREAK OR UNLOCK. Anytime from this evening, Apple will release ios 5.1. DO NOT UPGRADE TO IT EXCEPT YOUR IPHONE IS FACTORU UNLOCKED AND U DONT NEED A JAILBREAK.!!!
Thanks for the update. it is best not to mess around any tweak that may send phone into force-restore.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2012
Ios 5.1 is out!!!! Cat n mouse game begins btw apple n jailbreakers. Now is not the time to upgrade if u need a jailbreak. Iphone4/3GS,and ipad1 will always av a tethered jailbreak but 4S/ipad2 dont av dat.So be careful. Also dont install what u are not sure of in cydia right now inorder not to b forced to restore.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by martyns303(m): 11:46am On Mar 09, 2012
@tumababa. am not a hacker of anytin close to that, however i downloaded absinthe, followed the instruction on the site i found it and i now have cydia installed on my ipad, from what i read if i can see the cydia logo on my ipad it means its been jailed breaken, also when i try d process again it says the ipad is alread jail broken, problem is how am i sure its been actauly broken cos i downloaded some apps from piratesbay and transfered it to my itunes, when i connect the ipad to the itunes, it shows on the ipad like its installing, but when its gets to the end, its says cannot install, i've tried 3 different apps all from piratesbay, am wondering if am doing sumtin wrong here. pls help out.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2012
Ok. Lauch d Cydia app, let it reload, after dat launch it again, go to manage-sources,edit-add
Cydia dot hackulo dot us and enter. Let it reloadd sources, u will not see appsync for ios5. Install it.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by martyns303(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
am sorry i cant find the procedure u gave, below is a pics of what it looks like.

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
From d pic,can u see source at d bottom tabs? Follow my instructions from sources,
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by martyns303(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2012
no "source" but i refreshe it, closed it, and reopen it, it seems to be going through some kinda process now, says "downloading package", it jst gave an error message thats says "HHTP, " am trying it again

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by martyns303(m): 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2012
at d end i got this

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2012
martyns303:

no "source" but i refreshe it, closed it, and reopen it, it seems to be going through some kinda process now, says "downloading package", it jst gave an error message thats says "HHTP, " am trying it again

tumababa:

Ok. Lauch d Cydia app, let it reload, after dat launch it again, go to manage-sources,edit-add
Cydia dot hackulo dot us and enter. Let it reloadd sources, u will not see appsync for ios5. Install it.

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by martyns303(m): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2012
@temi. tnx mate, guess i was looking at the wrong side, followed d procedure, now says "updating source" at d top and "downloading packages" below. am grateful to u guys for taking me step by step. still downloading tho.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by martyns303(m): 11:27am On Mar 11, 2012
is it possible to update ipad 5.0 to 5.0.1, as 5.1 is out and it wants to update to 5.1?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 25, 2012
There is hope that iphone 4S and ipad2 users might be able to downgrade their devices from 5.1 to lower version if they saved d shsh. We hope it comes to reality soon
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ugbesbee(m): 9:11am On Mar 25, 2012
Plz I use iPhone 3g whenever I tru to download any app it keeps tellin mi to upgrade to ios 4, it's so frustrating, wht do I do? Mi phone is jailbroken ftz y I m skeptical abt updating to ios 4. I need ur Advice plz.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 25, 2012
ugbesbee: Plz I use iPhone 3g whenever I tru to download any app it keeps tellin mi to upgrade to ios 4, it's so frustrating, wht do I do? Mi phone is jailbroken ftz y I m skeptical abt updating to ios 4. I need ur Advice plz.
U are getting d msg because d app u are trying to download only work on ios4 and above. I can upgrade ur 3g for u to 4.2.1 (hope i still remember how grin) and also jailbreak so dat u can enjoy ur apps. U can mail me at tumababa247@yahoo.com for more info on dat.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ugbesbee(m): 10:42am On Mar 25, 2012
Owk sa, ll send u a mail nw... Tu many issues! My laptop
doesn't c my iPhone whenevr I connect via USb. My battery drains faster tu.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by efewizey(m): 10:12am On Mar 26, 2012
Pls I need to knw if factory unlocked is beta to Jailbroken? Coz I need an iPhone 4G. Should I go for factory unlocked?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 26, 2012
efewizey: Pls I need to knw if factory unlocked is beta to Jailbroken? Coz I need an iPhone 4G. Should I go for factory unlocked?

factory unlocked has nothing to do with jailbreaking. factory unlocked means d fone is unlocked by Apple. Jailbreaking is d process of removing Apple's restrictions on d device. jailbreaking will not unlock ur fone. it just gives hackers d easy access to find ways of unlocking it. So they are two different things.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by efewizey(m): 2:54am On Mar 27, 2012
Thanks broda, I understand it all.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 27, 2012
efewizey: Thanks broda, I understand it all.
u welcome sir
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Tumababa: Thanks for this.

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2012
soft-touch:
@Tumababa: Thanks for this.

Enjoy ur 4Ss. Still wondering y d network is showing ATnT. Anyway as long as it working.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved / MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime / Complete Nokia Secret Codes, Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.