Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,699 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy (11949 Views)

Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari. / Modern Organised Informal Agricultural Buyers Necessary In Nigerian IFS / PART 1: NIGERIAN OIL INDUSTRY AND FUEL SUBSIDY: FACTS, MYTHS & HIDDEN TRUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 10:31am On Oct 10, 2011
Beaf my brother, I am happy that Jonathan is the President and may God spare his life and give him wisdom to rule this country.

Please beaf, as a brother and fellow Nigerian as you are. I beg you, please beg Mr president for us 

Beg him not to remove the subsidy, Abeg brother ; if you do this for me, I would never post on nairaland again and I would behave myself.   

Please Beaf please brother, at least if u do not think of my children's future, think of your children and extended family.

The current situation in Nigeria now is hard enough even at 65 Naira per litre not to talk of 142 Naira per liter.

Beaf I know you are close to Mr president and that is why You can not find any fault in him but Pleeessssse for the sake of sanity and motherhood because I am someone's child as well. Please beg Mr president not to remove the subsidy yet until we have constant electricity and we produce our own petrol though our refinaries instead of importing what we produce.

The fuel subsidy is due to be remove next year January and there is NO WAY MR PRESIDENT can do all that in 3 months.

Again Mr beaf I appeal to you, have a place in your heart to forgive Nigerians for our sins and beg Mr president not to punish us more than what we already go though.

Thanks and May God bless you and Mr president.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by peckhamboi: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2011
alj_harem:

Beaf my brother, I am happy that Jonathan is the President and may God spare his life and give him wisdom to rule this country.

Please beaf, as a brother and fellow Nigerian as you are. I beg you, please beg Mr president for us 

Beg him not to remove the subsidy, Abeg brother ; if you do this for me, I would never post on nairaland again and I would behave myself.   

Please Beaf please brother, at least if u do not think of my children's future, think of your children and extended family.

The current situation in Nigeria now is hard enough even at 65 Naira per litre not to talk of 142 Naira per liter.

Beaf I know you are close to Mr president and that is why You can not find any fault in him but Pleeessssse for the sake of sanity and motherhood because I am someone's child as well. Please beg Mr president not to remove the subsidy yet until we have constant electricity and we produce our own petrol though our refinaries instead of importing what we produce.

The fuel subsidy is due to be remove next year January and there is NO WAY MR PRESIDENT can do all that in 3 months.

Again Mr beaf I appeal to you, have a place in your heart to forgive Nigerians for our sins and beg Mr president not to punish us more than what we already go though.

Thanks and May God bless you and Mr president.

Mr Beaf help us tell Odechukwu ohhhhhh
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by jmaine: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2011
Una no get job
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2011
jmaine:

Una no get job

whether I have a job or not is immaterial

Just beg beaf for us
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by PointB: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2011
What kind of stu.pid thread is this!

Fuel subsidy is a drain on the country's resources, the sooner it is reviewed the better for all of us. Why do you Northerner always support retrogression?
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by nagoma(m): 11:06am On Oct 10, 2011
Fallen on Beaf Deaf ears??
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by jmaine: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2011
nagoma:

Fallen on Beaf Deaf ears??
Nice one . . .So funny grin
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 11:14am On Oct 10, 2011
PointB:

What kind of stu.pid thread is this!

Fuel subsidy is a drain on the country's resources, the sooner it is reviewed the better for all of us. Why do you Northerner always support retrogression?

PointB do you live in Nigeria, Yes or no ?

currently the billions of nairaland the government embelzeel yearly is not drain the resources of the country abi

the 2.5 bn Jonathan gave NA is not draining the country

the 1 million dollars Jonathan wife took to saudi is not draining the country

the Billions Obj and Atiku stole is not draining the country

the 600 thousand dollars paid to Iweala monthly is not draining the countryu

the 1.2 million naira spent on food for in ASO ROCK is not draining the country

the Billions they pay ministers and nationa assembly is not draining the country

the 3 new jets mr president bought is not draining the country

the Billion senator are paid is not draining the country

the 10 bliion bankola stole and used it on ini edo and saraki gbesola is not draining the country

the 1,000,000,000 naira used for inaguration party alone is not draining the country

the Billions Alams stole is not draining the country
and so on,

please think before posting
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by PointB: 11:23am On Oct 10, 2011
^^^
So in your stu.pid thinking, we must continue the drain instead of plugging them? What kind of brain do you have? Chicken brain?
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2011
PointB:

^^^
So in your stu.pid thinking, we must continue the drain instead of plugging them? What kind of brain do you have? Chicken brain?

This is my last post to you and I would try my very best to explain things to you.

Those embezzlement I showed you was for you to see the various option Mr president can use to reduce the cost.

What I mean is that, all those things are posted as either over inflated or unnecessary but we still do them. If all those money are paid on irrelevant things, then surly Mr president can reduce this payment and continue with the fuel subsidy until the adequate economic and structural infrastructures are in place.

There is no point spending exorbitant prices on NA etc and yet you talk of fuel subsidy draining the economy.

Now stop posting if u have nothing better to say or have no understanding on the issue at hand
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 11:37am On Oct 10, 2011
Na wa for this Point B o

and yet he is in University and would claim to be educated after this academic year is over and still does not know basic cuts in cash as instead of removal of welfare.  Yet would be an economic graduate in an american University.

Olodo
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by PointB: 11:41am On Oct 10, 2011
alj_harem:

This is my last post to you and I would try my very best to explain things to you.

Those embezzlement I showed you was for you to see the various option Mr president can use to reduce the cost.

What I mean is that, all those things are posted as either over inflated or unnecessary but we still do them. If all those money are paid on irrelevant things, then surly Mr president can reduce this payment and continue with the fuel subsidy until the adequate economic and structural infrastructures are in place.

There is no point spending exorbitant prices on NA etc and yet you talk of fuel subsidy draining the economy.

Now stop posting if u have nothing better to say or have no understanding on the issue at hand

This guy is truly a clown, thinking that his comment are conclusive! The bottom line is that all leaks should be plugged whether corruption or subsidy. Spending over trillion naira yearly on fuel subsidy that enriches contractors is not best for Nigeria. The best and most effective way to plug the subsidy loophole is to end the subsidy. Any other way, will simply create new set of looters!\

Btw who cares for your response to my post. And i dont really give a hoot about you, cause you are only good at spreading bigotry and idocy. Both are not my stuff.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by ak47mann(m): 11:44am On Oct 10, 2011
if the govement removes feul subsidy next year what happen to poor people that cant afford 142 a litter undecidedeven transport fees will go up is not that Nigeria has a good transportation system,for you to bring certain things into law you have to create an alternative for the masses,good and cheaper transportation system is what Nigeria need urgently b4 they push fuel subsidy in to law.

Trains that goes inter city is needed.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 11:46am On Oct 10, 2011
ak47mann:

if the govement removes feul subsidy next year what happen to poor people that cant afford 142 a litter undecidedeven transport fees will go up is not that Nigeria has a good transportation system,for you to bring certain things into law you have to create an alternative for the masses,good and cheaper transportation system is what Nigeria need urgently b4 they push fuel subsidy in to law.

thank you !!!!! Now please do me a favour and explain to a lost person call PointB

the guy is sooooo sttttuuuuppppiidddd

Imagine the crap he is posting and he does not even stay in Nigeria.

PointB:

This guy is truly a clown, thinking that his comment are conclusive! The bottom line is that all leaks should be plugged whether corruption or subsidy. Spending over trillion naira yearly on fuel subsidy that enriches contractors is not best for Nigeria. The best and most effective way to plug the subsidy loophole is to end the subsidy. Any other way, will simply create new set of looters!\

Btw who cares for your response to my post. And i dont really give a hoot about you, cause you are only good at spreading bigotry and idocy. Both are not my stuff.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by PointB: 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2011
ak47mann:

if the govement removes feul subsidy next year what happen to poor people that cant afford 142 a litter  undecidedeven transport fees will go up is not that Nigeria has a good transportation system,for you to bring certain things into law you have to create an alternative for the masses,good and cheaper transportation system is what Nigeria need urgently b4 they push fuel subsidy in to law.

Trains that goes inter city is needed.

It is actually a myth to assume that people cannot afford 142 a litter. In actually removing the subsidy will allow government invest in those  facilities you mentioned. It will encourage building of private refineries, and effectively bring down the price of fuel.

The current regime of subsidy is also been benefited by foreign countries, as people in border town actively smuggle subsidized fuel to neighboring country at the expense of tax payers. Beside oil marketers are the chief beneficiaries of the subsidy, not the common people!
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by jason123: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2011
PointB:

It is actually a myth to assume that people cannot afford 142 a litter. In actually removing the subsidy will allow government invest in those  facilities you mentioned. It will encourage building of private refineries, and effectively bring down the price of fuel.

The current regime of subsidy is also been benefited by foreign countries, as people in border town actively smuggle subsidized fuel to neighboring country at the expense of tax payers. Beside oil marketers are the chief beneficiaries of the subsidy, not the common people!

We need to start facing the reality. The money released from this move will NOT be used to implement additional budgets and that is why Nigerians are angry. It's not really about the subsidy removal, per se, but the lack of transparency in the usage of the fund released.
The reality of Naija is different from what we see abroad. Corruption is so deep into the our system, that sometimes, it think it has become part of our culture.

May God spare our lives to see the outcome of this. . .
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by PointB: 12:25pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^^

Great. That is what we should be talking about. Removing the subsidy and looting the money makes not sense. But that is we have the FOI bill, why has Nigerians who fought so hard to get FOI signed into law refused to use it. Personally, I dont believe corruption in government is as huge as touted.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2011
This funny man believes the government would spend the money meant for subsidy on infrastructures. LOL

Well I leave it in God's hands
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by PointB: 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^^

This silly man is miffed that I didn't support his view! grin grin grin
Better leave for God, what your pea sized brain cannot fathom!
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2011
goverment has only been subsidising their inefficiency cos it rly sound very stupid when they say the subsidy gets in2 d hands of marketers, the question is how? Do they dash d subsidy money to these marketers? So goverment no longer ve the capacity to ensure that Nigerians are the ones to benefit from subsidy and nt the so called marketers? So the best way to stop marketers from profiting from goverments inefficiency is by inflicting more economic hardship on nigerians abi? So throwing d bad water and d baby away is d best way to stop this dumbness on the part of goverment. I expected the F.G to set up a mechanism that will ensure that those money are used for the purpose its meant for and any economic sabortaged by members of its  implimentation team should be adequately dealt with. We were told in the past that they r increasing the pomp price so that they can get money frm it 4 subsidy, sometimes they claim to raise money for infrastructure and nw the story line is that marketers are d ones profiting from goverments subsidy which shows hw poros and inefficient those in goverment ve been, thinking that all Nigerians are dummies there4 any story they tell us will be eternalised by all since they assume we lack the capacity to figure out their deciet and inconsistencies. They should publish the breakdown of how they subsidize these products and also show us how the marketers gulps up the subsidy money then we Nigerians will show them how the subsidy can be utilized for the benefits of every nigerian without the maketers hijacking it since they r telling us that they dnt knw what else to do to stop the marketers hence the only way is to punish us all by stoping subsidy hence to ur tent o isreal. Thats the hieght of irresponsibility by any goverment. Its jst like saying since we v done all we can to curb insecurity despite the huge budgetory allocation for security there4 we r no more gona spend a dine on security henceforth cos its a drain on the economy and a waste since insecurity remains the other of the day despite our efforts so we d FG will no longer provide 4u Nigerians. If u need security u provide one 4urslvs cos its nw a drain on d economy so we can save money and use it on other sectors that were nt mentioned jst like dat of d oil subsidy. This guys aint serious yet.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by DrummaBoy(m): 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2011
OP
PointB and Beaf are one and the same person. U've got ur response
We'll cripple his govt wit strikes; let them try it
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by naijaking1: 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2011
Yes, Beaf, help us beg GEJ.
Beg him to remove the subsidies ASAP lipsrsealed
It will be a big step in reducing corruption along the chains of oil distribution in this country.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by jason123: 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2011
The people that are FOR the subsidy are mainly the rich or the "foreigners". Most don't really understand the full ramification of this move. Even GEJ does understand. Iweala does not.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by naijaking1: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^^
Why don't you list the advantages vs disadvantages of oil subsidy without throwing insults.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by PointB: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2011
naijaking1:

Yes, Beaf, help us beg GEJ.
Beg him to remove the subsidies ASAP lipsrsealed
It will be a big step in reducing corruption along the chains of oil distribution in this country.

Abi ooo!

jason123:

The people that are FOR the subsidy are mainly the rich or the "foreigners". Most don't really understand the full ramification of this move. Even GEJ does understand. Iweala does not.

I disagree

DrummaBoy:

OP
PointB and Beaf are one and the same person. U've got your response
We'll cripple his govt wit strikes; let them try it

Very correct!
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Demdem(m): 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2011
An informal letter to someone that publicly declared his cursed state. That cant work.
Let the Retardeen do as he wants, God spares all our lives till then.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by naijaking1: 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2011
Demdem:

An informal letter to someone that publicly declared his cursed state. That cant work.
Let the Retardeen do as he wants, God spares all our lives till then.

Who is the retardeen here? Someone who can't hold a civil discussion with throwing unneccessary insults, I guess.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Demdem(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2011
naijaking1:

Who is the retardeen here? Someone who can't hold a civil discussion with throwing unneccessary insults, I guess.

Whats "insultive" in calling someone what he is exactly? Just calling him by his name. Abegii, commot from my face.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Gbawe: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2011
Alj Harem, what make you think that azz lickers have a say in Aso Rock? Beaf et al are there to kiss b.utt , 24/7, and not to make suggestions . Beg the President ko beg Patience ni .
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Johndoe100(m): 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2011
The subsidy should be removed only after a lot of things are in place. For now they are absent so the subsidy should remain.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by naijaking1: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^^
What should be in place first, educate me.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by ak47mann(m): 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2011
Gbawe:

Alj Harem, what make you think that azz lickers have a say in Aso Rock? Beaf et al are there to kiss b.utt , 24/7, and not to make suggestions . Beg the President ko beg Patience ni .
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Despite Recession, Shoprite Profit Rises: Turnover Hits N3.86 Trillion / Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ / How Can I Get Form M Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.