Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,111 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] (1729 Views)

More IPOB/ESN Camps Busted In Anambra And Enugu State / EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys’ Hideouts In Ekiti, Arrests 37 (photos) / 7 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Edo As Army Raids Riverine Communities (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by amoreobansu: 9:14am On Aug 01, 2023
JUST IN: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps in Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS]

The Nigerian military and its sister services have successfully raided hideouts and training camps belonging to the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and its armed wing, the Eastern Security Network (ESN), in Orsomoghu Forest spanning Anambra and Imo States.

POLITICS NIGERIA reports that the raid was carried out on Monday, July 31, 2023.

The force said the raid furthers the ongoing operations to deter the enforcement of the illegal sit-at-home order declared by IPOB/ESN.

During the raid, the troops came in contact with armed IPOB/ESN fighters, who detonated improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and fired using locally fabricated mortar tubes. The troops, however, overpowered the group in a firefight, forcing them to flee with gunshot wounds into nearby bushes.

The troops also arrested five fleeing members of the group and recovered one IPOB flag, one CCTV camera, two detonated IED bombs, and a fabricated mortar tube.

Five soldiers and two Nigeria Police operatives were injured in the operation, but their injuries are not life-threatening, the statement revealed.

The Indigenous People of Biafra is a nationalist separatist group in Nigeria that aims to restore the Republic of Biafra, a country which seceded from Nigeria prior to the Nigerian Civil War and later rejoined Nigeria after its defeat by the Nigerian military.

Their leader, Nnamdi Kanu, is still in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS).

In ongoing operations to deter enforcement of the illegal sit at home declared by Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and and its armed wing, Eastern Security Network (ESN), combined troops of 82 Division Nigerian Army, sister Services, Nigeria Police and other security agencies have successfully raided hideouts and training camps belonging to IPOB/ESN in Orsomoghu Forest spanning Anambra and Imo States.

The raid operation was carried out on Monday 31 July 2023, when troops were alerted to the violent activities of the irredentist group enforcing the illegal 2 weeks sit-at-home order in Onitsha, Nnewi and Iheme Obosi in Anambra State, as well as New Market in Enugu state.

During the raid operations, the troops cleared IPOB camps in Ekeututu, Orsomoghu, Lilu and Mother Valley camps of the dissidents. Troops came in contact with the group’s armed fighters, who detonated Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) also known as Ogbunigwe and fired using locally fabricated mortar tube. The valiant troops however overpowered the irredentist group in the firefight, compelling them to abandon their position as they fled with gunshot wounds into nearby bushes. Further cordon and search of the hideouts by the troops, led to the arrest of five fleeing members of the group and recovery of one IPOB flag, one CCTV camera and 2 detonated IED bombs and a fabricated mortar tube.
Sadly, five soldiers and two Nigeria Police operatives sustained varying degrees of injuries from the IED detonated by the criminals.

The Nigerian Army encourages all law abiding citizens of the South East to continue to support ongoing operations with actionable information and to disregard the unlawful 2 weeks sit-at-home order by going about their normal daily activities and businesses. The Nigerian Army in synergy with sister services and security agencies will undauntedly continue to protect and safeguard lives and property of the good and enterprising people of South East Nigeria, within the ambit of the law and the rules of engagement.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
1 August 2023

https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-army-raids-ipob-esn-camps-in-anambra-imo-destroys-hideouts-photos/

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Hhansome(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2023
As much as I wish deaths on this IPOB terrorists that have caused plenty of lives and properties in my area. I want to boldly confirm that this release is totally false and misleading.

Yes, there was a heavy military presence at Ihitenansa, Ubaha and some parts of Udah Orsu in Orsu LGA of Imo state yesterday the 31 of July. Gunshots were heard but I can confirm there was never any engagements with the terrorists. Let's stop fooling ourselves.

This terrorists live in an underneath camp somewhere in a valley bordering Uda Orsu-Ihiteukwa of Imo state and Lilu, Ihiala of Anambra state and there are thousands of them in there.

For the records, there's no single IPOB terrorist arrested on that day and Government should please stop this propaganda/lies being peddled and send this evil men out of that location.

What this thousands of terrorists do, is they order their men inside the cave, once there's an information of military presence. The cave is an underground something which only God knows the size h and I learnt it was one of the hideouts of Biafran soldiers during the Nigerian civil war. They manufacture weapons inside and and food has been stocked.

Stop profiling innocent people IPOB just to please God knows who. Get to real work and flush this terrorists out. We want a safe place in our land. I was shouting back then and my people saw me a rebel. God forgive us all.

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Barrywilly(m): 9:22am On Aug 01, 2023
All I could see are innocent men and women roughly arrested in their villages and branded IPOB. Where are the pictures of the camp or operational weapons?

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Zonefree(m): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2023
The valiant troops however overpowered the irredentist group in the firefight, compelling them to abandon their position as they fled with gunshot wounds into nearby bushes.

grin cheesy
If they never add this LIE, their report never complete.

Btw, so these small girls and old man are the armed ESN fighters?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by illicit(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2023
Seems u cant even tell who is who in the east anymore

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2023
Una don carry person papa tag am ESN

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Ekele22(m): 10:02am On Aug 01, 2023
This Nigerian Army self

If it's innocent Nigerians they will have power over

Do those innocent girls they seize here look like threat to the peace of the nation.
Boko Haram and fulani herds men are causing havoc in Nigeria yet their hide out has not be expose and destroyed.

Niger are trying to change their system through the military,these lousy Nigeria military men are chasing shadows.

E go clear for their eye.

Now, a police officer is the most senior security personnel in Nigeria the like of Nuhu Ribudu.
Army ...dey play,una hear.

We have the most lousy and corrupt military leader in the world with their pot belly .

I spit on the floor for them .

Modern military warfare and tactics have way far gone beyend this tactics of round up people.
We are still carry Ak 47 about when modern tactics will just arrest you without you knowing how it came about.

Taaa.make them getaway .

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Odin13: 10:13am On Aug 01, 2023
Those calling those kids innocent and old man..don’t know anything… but useless sentiments

Army must eradicate those bingo and roaches from Anambra forest

They can relocate to Enugu or imo wher they’re welcome
Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Smitaro100(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2023
Where are d weapons recovered from them? Because the unknown gun men abi esn we see online are well armed, dis pple only look like passers by..

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Akaegwu(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2023
Kids and one papa. Search for the king kong.
This one's can't provide valid info

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Nemesis0147(m): 11:20am On Aug 01, 2023
Simon Ekpa should stop this nonsense.
Those kids are obviously innocent….na innocent people dy suffer all these rubbish which is not fair.
A Nigerian police can tag even a baby anything just to score cheap points.

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by PortHarcourtcit(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2023
See there faces... IPOB and it's supporters go see SHEGE...

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by PortHarcourtcit(m): 11:34am On Aug 01, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Simon Ekpa should stop this nonsense.
Those kids are obviously innocent….na innocent people dy suffer all these rubbish which is not fair.
A Nigerian police can tag even a baby anything just to score cheap points.
they are not innocent.... All of them na informants... we know all there style... If you come to Rivers state we have them too... For example OMOKU when AKA DON WANNY and OBATA OSU his brother was alive... My brother you will see old women, old men, young boys and girls in the streets with phones passing out information to the OGBURU-MMADU-EJENGA's... So I don't have any atom of pity for them....
Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by 43Ronin: 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2023
they have abducted those young girls so they can have sec with them and breed with them, same thing boko haram do. so those innocent looking girls and that old man are the IPOB terrorist enforcing sit-at-home?? una judgement day dey come no worry.

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by BOSSkesh(m): 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Destroy all the pigs
All terrorist must die
Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Ikpunnegi01: 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2023
Zonefree:

grin cheesy

Even the papa dey surprise say they don label am terroist 😂 Nothing wey aboki no go see in uniforms men!

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by ipobarecriminals: 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2023
cool Very good news
Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Ikpunnegi01: 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
Una don carry person papa tag am ESN
This is to show you wetin dem they do. Most at times, they will enter park and park agbero guys and tag them ESN and parade them! Enter prison, you go see people wey no even know wetin make them enter prison..

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by ipobarecriminals: 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2023
angry KILL THEM ALL 🐖 🐖 🐖S

SPARE NONE sad sad

BEAST BANDITS grin angry angry cheesy
Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by ipobarecriminals: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
grin ONYEMA NWACHUKWU grin cheesy grin cool grin.

Bia sad! Are diz girls/ the old man dem catch sad?
Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by bdon12: 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
angry KILL THEM ALL 🐖 🐖 🐖S

SPARE NONE sad sad

BEAST BANDITS grin angry angry cheesy
This is a low IQ yoruba man.following ur true tribalistic nature i see.

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by ipobarecriminals: 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2023
bdon12:

This is a low IQ yoruba man.following ur true tribalistic nature i see.
If dem born una well,show ur ugly face in Enugu and get toss grin undecided
Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Kalakulu: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2023
Lol WTF is this abeg? Na old papa and this small kids wey just dey enter puberty be the "fighters?" Omo the Nigerian military are not serious cause those ESN guys I've seen with my korokoro eyes around Lilu and Orsumoghu axis are very well armed, no be those pump action shotguns and those useless hunter rifles our security men display as captured weapons wey those guys dey carry o! I mean serious military grade assault rifles and even RPGs which confirms these guys are heavily funded, they even have many fighters from Ambazonia in Cameroon in their ranks, and I suspect they smuggle these assault rifles/weapons from that area. Lastly those ESN terrorists bunk in impenetrable valleys and caves, it will be a bloody task for the Nigerian Army to even breach those valleys, they will suffer serious losses in men and materials.

The Nigerian Army should get serious for once if they want to nip this menace in the bud, all this their embarrassing media stunts of displaying random civilians they picked up on the streets and villages and tag "IPOB" won't help their cause (except those people are informants). That's why I'm very wary of our army having any military interventions in Niger republic, cause I seriously doubt they will last more than 2 weeks if those battle hardened Nigerien soldiers with their allies from Mali, Burkina Faso etc face Nigeria and ECOWAS in a war.

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by stacyadams: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
Zonefree:

grin cheesy

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2023
Seen fine knackable babes, these are not people carrying gun up and down nah.
Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by stacyadams: 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
Ekele22:
This Nigerian Army self

If it's innocent Nigerians they will have power over

Do those innocent girls they seize here look like threat to the peace of the nation.
Boko Haram and fulani herds men are causing havoc in Nigeria yet their hide out has not be expose and destroyed.

Niger are trying to change their system through the military,these lousy Nigeria military men are chasing shadows.

E go clear for their eye.

Now, a police officer is the most senior security personnel in Nigeria the like of Nuhu Ribudu.
Army ...dey play,una hear.

We have the most lousy and corrupt military leader in the world with their pot belly .

I spit on the floor for them .

Modern military warfare and tactics have way far gone beyend this tactics of round up people.
We are still carry Ak 47 about when modern tactics will just arrest you without you knowing how it came about.

Taaa.make them getaway .
. Na there outdated weapons dey always make me laugh grin

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by bdon12: 5:45pm On Aug 01, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
If dem born una well,show ur ugly face in Enugu and get toss grin undecided
Exactly my point on d IQ issue.Show myself as in how?did i tell u i am ipob or igbo or easterner?una go jst dey make general assumptions

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by wrongman665(m): 6:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
No na... Those two girls are innocent, realise them
Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Brek: 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2023
OLD MAN AND KIDS BE ESN RIGHT
ILL SLAP THAT USELESS FACE OF THE PERSON WHO REPORTED THIS TRASH

Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by ipobarecriminals: 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2023
bdon12:

Exactly my point on d IQ issue.Show myself as in how?did i tell u i am ipob or igbo or easterner?una go jst dey make general assumptions
slow kid
Re: Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2023
Hhansome:
As much as I wish deaths on this IPOB terrorists that have caused plenty of lives and properties in my area. I want to boldly confirm that this release is totally false and misleading.

Yes, there was a heavy military presence at Ihitenansa, Ubaha and some parts of Udah Orsu in Orsu LGA of Imo state yesterday the 31 of July. Gunshots were heard but I can confirm there was never any engagements with the terrorists. Let's stop fooling ourselves.

This terrorists live in an underneath camp somewhere in a valley bordering Uda Orsu-Ihiteukwa of Imo state and Lilu, Ihiala of Anambra state and there are thousands of them in there.

For the records, there's no single IPOB terrorist arrested on that day and Government should please stop this propaganda/lies being peddled and send this evil men out of that location.

What this thousands of terrorists do, is they order their men inside the cave, once there's an information of military presence. The cave is an underground something which only God knows the size h and I learnt it was one of the hideouts of Biafran soldiers during the Nigerian civil war. They manufacture weapons inside and and food has been stocked.

Stop profiling innocent people IPOB just to please God knows who. Get to real work and flush this terrorists out. We want a safe place in our land. I was shouting back then and my people saw me a rebel. God forgive us all.
Airfoce should go bomb that cave, and Nigerian army should go throw in hundreds of grenades in there.

Video: American Soldier Beaten Up For Sleeping With Colleagues Wife / Photo// See What Happens To A Lady After Refusing To Accept A Guy Toast / Teen Killed His Girlfriend’s Parents And Celebrated With Sex

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63