Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' (2212 Views)

Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / UFO's And Christian Beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by Islam: 1:39pm On Mar 04, 2006
There Is A Misunderstanding

dear muslims,
may Gods peace and mercy fall on u,
my point of this topic is to say that making a forum only for muslims has some negative points for example, if a non-muslm wants to understand something about islam, he will feel that we are trying to dsconnect him from the islamic world, nfeact all non-muslims will.
so please change the title of this forum into a more welcoming one.
ty
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by Seun(m): 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2006
I agree. The changes would be reversed in a while.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by Islam: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2006
but seun this also applys on christians
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by choiceA: 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2006
I think it makes sense to keep up with the present various facets of the forum on religion. Muslims and Christians should each have separate fora to both promote their faith by sharing knowledge and understanding that are exclusive to either faiths. Many times, some Muslims may have questions for Christians and vice versa - they can then invite answers to their questions on the open or general forum on religion. Some atheists or skeptics may feel the need to ask questions about either or both faiths - that's why we have the general forum. But some Christians and/or Muslims who do not want their sensibilities insulted by the often rude language they read on the general forum would feel safer on their respective fora.

I'd vote for the present divisions of Muslim only_Christian only_and General discussion platforms. If people are not exposed enough to know what's happening, we religiously minded people should help ourselves by doing the advertising and inviting their discussions and inputs.

Seun, I believe you're doing a great job so far.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by mukina2: 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2006
yeah it should be changed we are all one!!1 grin grin
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by welborn(m): 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2006
I think choice.A said it all - but then, the reversal would not make a huge change. Afterall, nferyn and some others have been to the "Christianity for Christians" and made their inputs. I wonder who's complaining of segregation. Anyway, if the reversal is made, all well and good; but as choice.A noted, some people may sometime feel their religious sensibilities insulted - what then would you do?
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by Seun(m): 2:22am On Apr 12, 2006
Ok, the reversal has now taken place as promised. People who feel offended by what those of other faiths are saying must realise that their own views are also offensive to the others and learn tolerance.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by mekaozi: 9:06am On Apr 12, 2006
@SEUN, U never fail to amaze me, U always have something "strange" to say about Pastor chris and miracles but seem to be the first to cater to "MUSLIM" concerns, I just hope u will be a little balanced, anyways I dont know if I want to talk about my christian faith and practices in a joint forum,, neither do I want to read anything about ISlam which is also well within my right. "Tolerance" does not only mean I have to learn or try to understand the other person, it also includes my right to not tell someone of my views and not have them ram theirs down my throat!!!!
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by babymine(f): 9:17am On Apr 12, 2006
What good will this change do.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by TV01(m): 9:25am On Apr 12, 2006
Seun/Admin,

Out of interest I browsed through the Islamic child board (and noted the stats). To be honest, I believe we adopt different ways of discussing and sharing our individual beliefs, and are best kept separate. It's pertinent to note that non- Christians were always welcome to post to the Christian child board.

Could you please take a poll on this? It would be the fairest way.

Thank you.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by Seun(m): 10:00am On Apr 12, 2006
When I decided to split the religion forum, about 50% of members who wrote in were against it. The decision to merge the threads is a popular one.

I try to support muslims because they are under-represented on the forum.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by Mongue(m): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2006
Can't we all just get along together??

Have a meaningful but challenging debate about each others views / religions / whatevers?

Religion should be religion - all together whatever you are.

Otherwise do you want to start creating a thread for Yoruba, and for Igbo , and for Hausa etc etc etc

In fact I want one just for me!
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by mekaozi: 10:28am On Apr 12, 2006
yeah, cant we all just get along?, U know what, I really wish we can, unfortunately I have arrived at my dream world yet am still in the air
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by babymine(f): 10:52am On Apr 12, 2006
How do you keep a group of people who hve different beliefs as per their religion together? I hope this doesn't bring any problem.  grin  my candid opinion  cheesy
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by charlisco(m): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2006
well i still do not understand the topic of this forum, are you trying to bring back the muslim and christian forum together or you intend leaving it the way it is now (separated).

if i may say, i think the forum should be separated, i really love it that way
Reason
it is a welcome development, and will give room to those who are anxious to know about muslim to just click once and see all the detail (topic) related to Muslim like wise the Christian too, instead of tudeous searching for topic of your faith
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by babymine(f): 11:26am On Apr 12, 2006
I second Charlisco! grin cheesy
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by welborn(m): 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2006
babymine:

I second Charlisco! grin cheesy

You beat me to it! Anyway, I 'third' Charlisco grin grin
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by Seun(m): 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2006
I am dissapointed in all those who are 'seconding' charlisco. Don't you have [b]eyes to see [/b]that the two boards have already been merged? Sometimes I worry about some Nairaland members.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by welborn(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2006
Tolerance, Seun. . . tolerance grin grin If U disappoint with us, wetin we go do?

charlisco:

it is a welcome development, and will give room to those who are anxious to know about muslim to just click once and see all the detail (topic) related to Muslim like wise the Christian too, instead of tudeous searching for topic of your faith

That's the line that I thought made some sense to me. I already know that the boards have been merged - however, no qualms. cheesy
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by babymine(f): 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2006
I still second Charlisco. In fact I wish I could first him! grin  cheesy  grin  cheesy

Haba Seun please take it easygrin  cheesy
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by dearzi(f): 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2006
@SEUN
Dude, i know you're trying to force us to be tolerant, i agree, but i'm not feeling this merging thing, i prefered it the way it was before, it was really easy to identify what Christians are talking about, but now, i don't know! there's just something about it, bottom line--i'm not feeling it, can we revert to the old way mind you, i've seen that both boards have been merged, and it's so much harder now! me i'll have to agree with Charlisco and the others.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by mekaozi: 6:41am On Apr 13, 2006
Again I dont understand this "tolerant" thing as defined by u guys, tolerance includes the right to offend and be offended,, the right to not push my views on people nor have them shove theirs down my throat. U can drag a horse to the stream but will never force it to drink water. U can merge the posthing thing all u want and that will never explain to me why 95% of terrorist activities carried out today is done by people screaming "allah is great", or why u cant go to a northern state and criticize their imams without getting killed. Please I dont want to learn about Islam and I have the right not to. Just like They dont have to learn about christians or why we have to turn the other cheek. matter of fact,, the main post was addressed to fellow "muslims, peace be upon them", Mr Admin Please for the sake of mutual co-existence while retaining individual behavior, reconsider
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by TV01(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2006
Dear Seun,

I sense a groundswell of opinion from the Christians on this one.
In fact I almost said "we are up in arms" (but that's not the Christian way).

So, I throw my lot in with those who would like to the Christian child board re-instated.

I also second what will undoubtedly go down in NairaLand folklore as the "Charlisco motion"
(no motions puns intended grin)

yours in Christ
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by gidig(m): 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2006
I will have 'thirded' the other opinion seconded earlier.For whatever it is worth, issues of faith are very personal and often coded in such a way that only people who share the understanding flow together.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by dearzi(f): 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2006
@Mekaozi
Aaah! you sound to me like you've been watching CNN and following up the events that took place on flight 93, i tell you, i was enraged!!! but hey! it is well, i'm not an intolerant person, but i just couldn't wrap my mind around it!! did you hear about the message one of the air-hostess' left her husband my heart broke!!
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by babymine(f): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2006
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by nuru(m): 5:19pm On Apr 16, 2006
We live in the society together, why the separation.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by welborn(m): 9:07pm On Apr 16, 2006
I wonder why Muslims have not been actively participating on this Forum.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by charlisco(m): 10:52am On Apr 17, 2006
We live in the society together, why the burning of churches, and killing those who got converted from islam to christianity?
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by babymine(f): 10:11am On Apr 19, 2006
Who's going to give the answer?
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by SIBLI06(m): 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2006
Simple Seun have a poll and listen to your members.

I think they should be kept sepperate! They are seperate religions right?

I agree with charlisco 150% grin

Nwoke:

I am dissapointed in all those who are 'seconding' charlisco. Don't you have [b]eyes to see [/b]that the two boards have already been merged? Sometimes I worry about some Nairaland members.
Unmerge them simple!
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by carechoji(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2006
I believe what we need to do is to create an enabling environment where we will both make each other to understand that we serve the same God but under different religion. bringing the two religion wont work but lets us try to cultivate the habit of enduring with each other and stop using ones religion for creating problems

Choji shocked cheesy grin smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Satisfy My Curiosity About Tithing.....(for Fervent Christians) / God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" / The Missing God A Story By Johnydon22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.