Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? (773 Views)

Man Gifts His 37-Year-Old NYSC Shirt To His Daughter Going For Service (Photos) / NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? / I Can't Follow This Batch For Service,what Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by Kumta: 6:41am On Aug 03, 2023
Greetings.
I was born in the late 80's precisely 1987. I reduced my age to 1990 when I was about to start my undergraduate program, thinking I will be able to serve when I graduate. But because of the corona and ASUU strikes,I couldn't graduate as planned. Now if I need to reduce my age again so as to be able to serve. Please my people I really need the money for the service but I am equally scared of the implications of age reduction in the future. Because now that they are writing date of birth on NYSC certificate,any date of birth that I use to enter camp will be irreversible and I will have to neglect my diploma and advanced Diploma certificate plus my years of working experience. I am so confused,I wake up every day with a different decision on this issue,I think of the negative effect that this may bring in the future because I don't know what tomorrow may bring,and then I think of how this allowee will go a long way in supporting my life in this hard times.
Please what are your thoughts on this. What will you do if you were me?πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by Taylor90: 6:43am On Aug 03, 2023
Na so Tinubu take start

Continue

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by Ynix(m): 6:48am On Aug 03, 2023
Kumta:
Greetings.
I was born in the late 80's precisely 1987. I reduced my age to 1990 when I was about to start my undergraduate program, thinking I will be able to serve when I graduate. But because of the corona and ASUU strikes,I couldn't graduate as planned. Now if I need to reduce my age again so as to be able to serve. Please my people I really need the money for the service but I am equally scared of the implications of age reduction in the future. Because now that they are writing date of birth on NYSC certificate,any date of birth that I use to enter camp will be irreversible and I will have to neglect my diploma and advanced Diploma certificate plus my years of working experience. I am so confused,I wake up every day with a different decision on this issue,I think of the negative effect that this may bring in the future because I don't know what tomorrow may bring,and then I think of how this allowee will go a long way in supporting my life in this hard times.
Please what are your thoughts on this. What will you do if you were me?πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Ask yourself this question did TINUBU go for NYSC, DID BUHARI GO FOR NYSC, THOSE THAT WENT FOR NYSC WHERE ARE THEY.
I THINK YOU ARE TYING YOUR GROWTH IN LIFE TO A MATRIX.
FREE YOURSELF FROM SLAVERY MENTALITY.
IF YOU CHOSE TO SERVE COMPULSORILY WHY DON'T YOU DO THAT BY DEDICATING A YEAR TO WORK ON YOURSELF SO THAT YOUR GENERATION WILL KNOW YOU FOR GREATNESS.
STOP THE RAT RACE APPROACH
GO ON AND PURSUE YOUR LIFE GOALS
YOU ARE MORE THAN ALL THIS AGE CHANGING THINGS
THERE IS LIFE BEYOND SURVIVAL, ITS THE PATH OF BEING VERY VALUABLE NOT TO BE NEGLECTED

TAKE THIS ONE KOBO I JUST GAVE YOU

5 Likes

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by Kumta: 6:54am On Aug 03, 2023
Ynix:

Ask yourself this question did TINUBU go for NYSC, DID BUHARI GO FOR NYSC, THOSE THAT WENT FOR NYSC WHERE ARE THEY.
I THINK YOU ARE TYING YOUR GROWTH IN LIFE TO A MATRIX.
FREE YOURSELF FROM SLAVERY MENTALITY.
IF YOU CHOSE TO SERVE COMPULSORILY WHY DON'T YOU DO THAT BY DEDICATING A YEAR TO WORK ON YOURSELF SO THAT YOUR GENERATION WILL KNOW YOU FOR GREATNESS.
STOP THE RAT RACE APPROACH
GO ON AND PURSUE YOUR LIFE GOALS
YOU ARE MORE THAN ALL THIS AGE CHANGING THINGS
THERE IS LIFE BEYOND SURVIVAL, ITS THE PATH OF BEING VERY VALUABLE NOT TO BE NEGLECTED

TAKE THIS ONE KOBO I JUST GAVE YOU
πŸ™

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by Rhozabeth(m): 6:58am On Aug 03, 2023
Reducing ones age these days is becoming increasingly difficult with the NIN! It can backfire in u when u least expected.

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by MrsTwrite(f): 7:00am On Aug 03, 2023
Nysc is not a do or die affair, I wish I didn't even serve, after dedicating all my precious time, serving my father land, I AM still Jobless! grin

The good part was that I use that alawee to start a little business.

If you wanna reduce your age it's fine, experience is the best teacher, I know of many that forged thier age just to serve thier father land. The ball is in your court.

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:04am On Aug 03, 2023
NYSC will definitely give you a push, records don’t lie, ask around. With the savings and exposure you’ll gain after NYSC, life after graduation could be easier. You could get a permanent job, training/certifications etc.

The challenge here would be proving to you employers how you were able to go for NYSC when your age (birth certificate/WAEC) says otherwise.

Personally I’d never subscribe to changing my age (although conditional).

Life is hard if you’re above 30 in the Nigerian labour market talk more of 35

You decide whether it’s worth it

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by money121(m): 7:06am On Aug 03, 2023
No
Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by Ynix(m): 8:15am On Aug 03, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Nysc is not a do or die affair, I wish I didn't even serve, after dedicating all my precious time, serving my father land, I AM still Jobless! grin

The good part was that I use that alawee to start a little business.

If you wanna reduce your age it's fine, experience is the best teacher, I know of many that forged thier age just to serve thier father land. The ball is in your court.
Can we have a conversation around this. Feel free and chat me up on 08184397113

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by MrsTwrite(f): 8:22am On Aug 03, 2023
Ynix:

Can we have a conversation around this. Feel free and chat me up on 08184397113

All I'm trying to say is that, it's not really worth it, it's a 50/50 thing, the stress is much. PPA might be good or bad, they might retain you or not, but it's good you have the experience, because it's just for a year.

Na Rich man pikin dey enjoy NYSC!

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by Ynix(m): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2023
MrsTwrite:

All I'm trying to say is that, it's not worth it, the stress is much. PPA might be good or bad, they might retain you or not, but it's good you have the experience, because it's just for a year.
I served more than a decade ago. I am a civil engineer by training, what is a civil engineer to be doing in a school that is sited in an uncompleted house. That was where NYSC posted me to.
The Government themselves are helpless.
If anyone is to serve now I will advise them to break the rules, go look for job and just get the letters signed monthly, don't allow any system dictate your growth in life

4 Likes

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by MrsTwrite(f): 8:35am On Aug 03, 2023
Ynix:

I served more than a decade ago. I am a civil engineer by training, what is a civil engineer to be doing in a school that is sited in an uncompleted house. That was where NYSC posted me to.
The Government themselves are helpless.
If anyone is to serve now I will advise them to break the rules, go look for job and just get the letters signed monthly, don't allow any system dictate your growth in life

Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by frozen70(f): 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
Kumta:
Greetings.

Its too late to Tamper with your age

How much do you think you are going to get from the allowee, have you calculated how much it will cost you to even prepare yourself for that service and all through

You should be talking about the fun of being a corper that you will miss

So just leave it the way it is before you do blunder to your data's

We now have a data base that you don't manipulate any how

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by Teeq1234: 5:58am On Aug 06, 2023
My advice do what ever you want to do because your mind is already on it. Besides all employment opportunities now requires NYSC discharged certificate to get employed befire starting your own business. I will advice you to do the age reduction should you fee it’s best for you. And mind you all those people telling you not to do it have their NYSC discharge certificate mean they all served in their own time. Just my advice

2 Likes

Re: Please, I Need Your Advice. Should I Reduce My Age So As To Go For Service? by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 07, 2023
Na so everyone dey do.

(1) (Reply)

Should The NYSC Be Scrapped? / International Safety Course For Corpers / What Do U Really Think About Female Corpers. Are They Truly Promiscuous...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.