Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport (22858 Views)

Sami Court: ₦115K Per Night Hotel At Abuja Airport / FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport / FAAN Suspends Akure Airport Manager Over Cows Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by airsaylongcome: 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
NOC1:
Long overdue, it means car E-hailing service will start functioning again, that is your turn is not your turn in Abuja airport is frustrating

I wonder why they don't have a well oiled queue management process in place there
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Smartguru1: 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
What is Home Automation?

Home automation is one of several areas of the IOT (internet of things), and is often called Home IOT.
Home automation or domotics is building automation for a home, called a smart home or smart house. It involves the control and automation of lighting etc –
There are three distinct levels of home automation.

Monitoring
Control
Automation
Monitoring

Monitoring
The ability to view status of systems i.e
What is the temperature?
Is the door locked?
Is The Light on or off

Control
The ability to change the state of a systems i.e
Turn up the heating.
Lock the Door
Turning the light on or off
Automation

The ability to change the state of a system automatically in response to an event. i.e.

Turn on the heating if the outside temperature falls below a certain temperature.
Turn the lights off when no one is a home.

Smart Home System Components

If you consider smart home automation consisting of three layers as shown in the schematic below with devices at the bottom end and networking devices in the middle and control applications at the top:

Click the link below to learn Smart Home Automation for free and become a professional expert
👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCiyeqedZuGrm60-CSExe9iA

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Judolisco(m): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Why though? Been to Abuja a couple of times and Bolt/Uber riders don't like to hear "airport"
we dey drop... But to pick up na wahala
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Why though? Been to Abuja a couple of times and Bolt/Uber riders don't like to hear "airport"

Lol.
Normal level.
Read through this page. I gave someone else the response you're looking for.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
pak:

This is because the union or association at the airport will demand they make a ridiculous fee for picking passengers which will undermine whatever profit they will make from the ride itself.

The situation is so bad that when I do not have much luggage, I walk down towards the exit road which allows me negotiate at regular abuja taxi rate rather than airport rate. For me, this ban is a good development and to the benefit of the passengers

Wait, you walk from the airport terminal to the exit road? Do you understand that road stretch is almost 10Km.. grin? Are you the descendant of Moses in the bible?

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by koladebrainiac(m): 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
uber bolt are now opportuned to make money
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by aklid(m): 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2023
Very boring how they run their things if u see🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
Besides too much Union shits always 🚮

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by pak: 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Wait, you walk from the airport terminal to the exit road? Do you understand that road stretch is almost 10Km.. grin? Are you the descendant of Moses in the bible?

No, I am not talking about the main exit at airport junction.

Once you exit the main terminal, there is a road to your right, about 200/300 meters away, close to the location where the food joints are now.

At that side, Taxis no longer charge ridiculously. Last time I came to Abuja, I paid 4k or so to Lugbe, where I typically stay whenever in Abuja cos of more affordable hotels

1 Like

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by 3seriez(m): 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
Good. It should be permanent. Charging 10 - 12k to transport to town is criminal. They should leave the Airport for Bolt and Uber. How much is lokoja to Kaduna or even Kano to Abuja that they are charging that much. Criminals

4 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by JOGICE(m): 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Lols…I just weak, the ever beautiful & calm ABUJA don Dey spoil small small. Agbero everywhere, it’s saddening.

3 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
pak:

No, I am not talking about the main exit at airport junction.

Once you exit the main terminal, there is a road to your right, about 200/300 meters away, close to the location where the food joints are now.

At that side, Taxis no longer charge ridiculously. Last time I came to Abuja, I paid 4k or so to Lugbe, where I typically stay whenever in Abuja cos of more affordable hotels

Ha!

Omoh, I wan shout o grin!
The charges those airport taxis put on clients, are exorbitant and scary. And that lack of proper transportation avenues has always been the bane of the Abuja airport. Plus lack of organised parking spots.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by 3seriez(m): 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2023
pak:

This is because the union or association at the airport will demand they make a ridiculous fee for picking passengers which will undermine whatever profit they will make from the ride itself.

The situation is so bad that when I do not have much luggage, I walk down towards the exit road which allows me negotiate at regular abuja taxi rate rather than airport rate. For me, this ban is a good development and to the benefit of the passengers

Very good ban. Those Airport taxi rates are ridiculous.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Cyrilaria23(m): 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Contact me for your airport pick up
Cyril 08122337957
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Fugazy2023: 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
This should be replicated in Lagos airport. Those car hire vehicles are thieves

1 Like

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by blowjohn(m): 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Lol.

If you're not proactive enough to arrange for a pick-up cab before boarding your flight from wherever to Abuja, your name na sorry be that. Because e-hailing cabs almost always never accept rides from airport clients. Abuja residents will understand.

Why?
Robbery things?
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by AskNgige2: 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
richard870:
The world is in shambles!

Abeg oo

Town go come shock
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Shikena(m): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
We have always been the problem. Those who made it to government positions are all from within us and they are only extending what we do at street level to government level in connivance with the traditional civil "thieves" servants.

Even train stations na war. At the one in Moniya, Ibadan, they make life hell for passengers with no private pickup arrangement who have to cough out close to the cost of business class train ticket from Lagos just to get to their homes. They made sure they formed a union and made it impossible for ride-share to pick people up.

We are who we are, most of our people only complain until they also find a sit at the table of oppression.

3 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Les: 5:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
Rhado:

It’s the same everywhere I guess. If dem catch you as Bolt/Uber for AIIA for Enugu, bodi go tell you.
how will they know the driver is hired?
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Les: 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
beardedboy:
I feel this is just an attempt to create market for Bolt and similar platforms.

Those airport cabs don't allow bolt drivers tompick passengers at the airport.

What could this mean for travellers?
From my experience, it means cheaper fares because there's now more competition.

What could this mean for the government?
I feel it means reduced revenue. But it's extra bucks for oga at the top because Bolt and similar platforms could have settled them heavily.

I think government should empower bolt drivers against those Abuja agberos (yes, there are agberos in Abuja, just like every part of the country). People should have the freedom to choose between drop rides and park rides. That's more important than banning the airport cabs.
how will they know the driver is hired? It could appear to be a relative coming to pick me Nah?
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
blowjohn:

Why?
Robbery things?

No bolt or uber driver will drive to the airport to pick you up. Either you end up using the expensive airport taxis or you walk to the road where you can get regular cabs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by blowjohn(m): 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

No bolt or uber driver will drive to the airport to pick you up. Either you end up using the expensive airport taxis or you walk to the road where you can get regular cabs.

Ok
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
Judolisco:
Na everywhere agberos dey... I dropped someone and because town dey far to airport make I carry one or two people... Na so agberos enter my car oh... E shock me dat day..na 15k I pay before I move my car

Them no give you the update on time grin grin.

You get liver go dey try to carry "along" when AMAC never certify you? I like your morale baba.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by TheGift: 5:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/faan-suspends-taxi-services-at-abuja-airport

This is good for the ride hailing guys like Uber. They don't need to hide to pick passengers any more.

There also used to be the airport buses that could take many individuals for 7 times less, but it seems some people like the airport taxi owners killed that business.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 5:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Les:
how will they know the driver is hired? It could appear to be a relative coming to pick me Nah?

Trust me, they know.. cheesy.

Your communication with a relative you're picking from the airport is way different from how a cab driver would relate with a client.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by harmargedon: 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
Billionaire2:
Na too much union Dey kill hustle for Nigeria. even students can’t just go school and learn
student union, taxi union, keke union, even landlords don get union..

Even here, Lebanese, Columbians & Chinese will come make their money and go… naija will come and start doing union. b4 u know it they start having disputes.

One idiot I met the other day said I’m not in their union, if anything happen to me they will not come, idiot wey never visit home for almost a decade Dey do union..
POS get union, the one wey shock Me pass nah people Wey dey grind tomatoes and peppers get union too

1 Like

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Caveatemptor(m): 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
It is FAAN that is behind the whole crisis In the airport carpark situation. Before the fuel hike airport taxis charge 7k to Abuja inner city and FAAN collects 2k out of this 7k. Driver will fuel his vehicle and is virtually left with nothing. FAAN prevents the Uber and Bolt boys from operating around the airport because they will not pay the extortion fee. So FAAN use their towing vehicle as a deterent to scare them away from the airport vicinity. If FAAN tows any vehicle around the airport the fine is 25k.
This is why any Uber or Bolt operating around the airport is playing Russian roulette with his vehicle.
However with the increase in fuel prices the airport taxis are refusing to pay FAAN extortion prices because the customers cannot pay the taxis plus FAAN extortion.
This is the reason FAAN has thrown the market open to all comers. The FAAN rouges are no longer able to charge 2k on each cab per trip because no passenger is ready to pay the fee plus the FAAN extortion.

6 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by sammhi(m): 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
ogododo:

I believe
And suspect some top FG guys wants MC Oluomo and co to take over ..
They may be the ones behind the crisis..
Abuja Airport Taxis have been operating for decades without any issue why now ?
I suspect these guys from Lagos
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Arielle: 5:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
blaise26abj:
Airport pickup or drop off can be as high as 8k when fuel was 187 because of the taxi union . I can’t imagine what it is now
I paid 16k in June from Abuja airport.

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Les: 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Trust me, they know.. cheesy.

Your communication with a relative you're picking from the airport is way different from how a cab driver would relate with a client.
im aware of that, knowing the situation of things, they can plan to act as relatives till at least when they leave the airport's premises.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Shikena(m): 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
This is not about any MC Oluomo

sammhi:

I believe
And suspect some top FG guys wants MC Oluomo and co to take over ..
They may be the ones behind the crisis..
Abuja Airport Taxis have been operating for decades without any issue why now ?
I suspect these guys from Lagos
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by akintunde63: 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
ogododo:

Well done 👍! Because you get headache you kukuma cutoff your head

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President / 9 Die In Lagos Boat Accident / 144 Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya Amid Slave Trade Crisis. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.