Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) (70562 Views)

U.S Tests New Nuclear Bombs As A Warning To Russia (Photos) / Yevgeny Prigozhin Feared Killed In Plane Crash In Russia (Photos) / Darya, Alexander Dugin's Daughter Killed By Car Bomb In Russia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Nauttyprof(m): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
Postgraduatengr:
Presently Africa is leaning towards Russia than the West.

The Coup leaders in Russia are believed to have Russian back up.

Russia and China has pragmatic solutions to Africa's problems. Not like America whose solutions are democracy, human rights and gay rights while supporting corruption. Hungry and ravaged communities don't need those nonsense

This is also a sick submission.

To believe that foreign countries like Russia and China have solutions to Africa's problems is just sick. This is why Africa will forever remain slaves to other countries. We have what it takes to develop but we are not looking inwards on how to address the problems facing us.

Let's stop thinking about how one country can help Africa, there is no country that won't first think of the gains or interest in any agreement.

5 Likes

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
I am very pleased that African countries are looking towards the East. That's the way to go, instead of the West. We must never allow ourselves ever again to be fooled by the West.

Fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice, shame on me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Ijaya123: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
The more things change, the more they remain the same.

1 Like

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Litmus: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
Unfortunately, Africa happened to Nigeria cry
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by SonofGod231: 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
Getting close to WW3.... It's brewing, Call of Duty modern warfare. After the US spent trillions of dollars in Aids for this moorons they all went ahead to pin down Russian flags in solidarity. Never trust the average black man especially Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by AsaBlackheart(m): 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
I see a continental war starting. Alliances are being set up.
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Bluntemperor: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
zangaozanga:
african leaders are mad

Putin is an orphan,so he needs this African Leaders to sell them Dictatorship!
A dictator,like most of African Leaders in Power, would like to die together,so African leaders,like South Africa Ramaphosa thinks,the Freedom they are enjoying,which Nelson Mandela spent 27- yrs in captivity to achieve for them is not worthy of defending! To these African Leaders,'Democracy is not working'
He thinks by forming BRICS ( Brazil, Russia,India China and South Africa) partnership,will make him Strong!
Did you see any of these BRICS member or those Africans ,who signed allegiance with Russia,condemning Russia for the Putin's War or any of the African States or telling Putin as aggressor, even now that Wheat Productions of Ukraine is going down,due to Russia deliberately bombing of the Port where the Graion were kept! No!
These their shallow decisions will later hunt them,no matter what because Putin is deceiving them so that he maintained his hold on Power for another 20yrs,just to doubles his yrs of rein.
etu Africa

1 Like

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Emanodimo(m): 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
To my surprise, the Malian Military Commander attended that meeting in Russia.
ECOWAS needs to calm down, as this is not the moment to apply force. The previous ECOMOG operations have the support of the HOGs. 3 ECOWAS state already under a military regime, there is a need for caution.
I hope NIA & NIIA should promptly advise PBAT.

Also, this is not the time to waste resources to sustain war by doing bidding for Niger. The fundamental root cause should be address by the ECOWAS.

They should seek diplomacy towards transition to civilian rule... Anything short of that, will not resolve issue rather worsening situation.
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Jostoman: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
WriterNig:
👍🏻 Like for Russia-Africa, share for USA/Nazi/NATO
Oga forget share and like, there is nothing your Ovarrated putin can do to USA and NATO.

God bless United State of America.
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Goodman2023: 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
Like for Nigeria-ECOWAS Share for Niger-Russia.

So your blind eyes couldn't see shettima there ? Funny enough, the agreement was signed in south Africa, but South Africa is not part of the arrangement...

Lastly, Niger has been a useless neighbor and a parasite for that matter, even when we needed them the most during BOKO HARAM ,they couldn't deliver, instead, BOKO HARAM used Niger as their save heaven..

ECOWAS should allow Niger to be because even 80% of Nigerios supported the military takeover...so what's our business

1 Like

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by joyandfaith: 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
Postgraduatengr:

Russia and China has pragmatic solutions to Africa's problems. Not like America whose solutions are democracy, human rights and gay rights while supporting corruption. Hungry and ravaged communities don't need those nonsense

Cold War between West and Russia/ China wouldn't favour Africa. It didn't favour us between 60 and 80s.
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by blackgold2018(m): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
zangaozanga:
signing military pact with russia is a very bad ideal,russia will only bring more war and destrution to africa
be calm. Africa is already in self destruct
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by hothead(m): 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
Who is the guy in military uniform Infront?
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by xynerise: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
What is Russia cooking ?
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Phraences: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
SonofGod231:
Getting close to WW3.... It's brewing, Call of Duty modern warfare. After the US spent trillions of dollars in Aids for this moorons they all went ahead to pin down Russian flags in solidarity. Never trust the average black man especially Nigerians.

grin grin Dem don embezzle all the foreign loans and grants. They are looking for country wey go pump fresh funds for them to embezzle.

2 Likes

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Piddo(m): 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
Wagner expansion. Stupid African leaders

2 Likes

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Phraences: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
blackgold2018:
be calm. Africa is already in self destruct

grin grin grin I just burst out laughing where i was. Na wa for you o!

1 Like

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Gbogbowa: 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
Postgraduatengr:

the type of freedom you have in Nigeria you can't have it in the Russian and china and you are celebrating this useless country.what impact did China and Russian making in our economy compare to the Usa .I pity African s

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by fredoooooo: 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
oakenfold:

They can. And they will. They are ready to take their turn at pillaging Africa. Our leaders are idiots, like they have always been
I don't want any of them , i will love to live in my African ignorance rather than the west democracy and selfish interests. The west ruin the world but parade themselves as the Angel.
Our leaders are worse than Heediots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by SonofGod231: 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
Phraences:

grin grin Dem don embezzle all the foreign loans and grants. They are looking for country wey go pump fresh funds for them to embezzle.
KkikkikikkiiiiiHeheheeeeeeee. You no go kill person oh grin
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Litmus: 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia

I expect if I bother to research OP's post, embellishments, misdirection, deliberate misinterpretations and outright lies will be the resultant evidence, especially the inclusion of Nigeria. In reality, Nigeria is a none aligned nation that has cordial relations with both Russia and Ukraine.

I shouldn't - since people always post misinformation on Nairaland - but I cant help wanting to be amused by how OP might respond to a question that posits why his map indicates South Africa is not included among the African nations supposedly backing Russia against the West when South Africa has been the one most vocal in her support for Russia.
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Phraences: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
Gbogbowa:
the type of freedom you have in Nigeria you can't have it in the Russian and china and you are celebrating this useless country.what impact did China and Russian making in our economy compare to the Usa .I pity African s

I tire o! When people have too much freedom slavery begins to entice them. Imagine some Nigerians praying for Military to take over in Nigeria. I laugh.

2 Likes

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Truthday: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
zangaozanga:
signing military pact with russia is a very bad ideal,russia will only bring more war and destrution to africa

How many wars have they brought to Africa? Who invaded Egypt to seize Suez canal ? Libya, DRCongo to kill Lumumba, fund arpathied in South Africa, Sponsor Militants in Liberia, somalia, Algeria and endless list ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Minsk24: 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
Litmus:

I expect if I bother to research OP's post, embellishments, misdirection, deliberate misinterpretations and outright lies will be the resultant evidence, especially the inclusion of Nigeria. In reality, Nigeria is a none aligned nation that has cordial relations with both Russia and Ukraine.

I shouldn't - since people always post misinformation on Nairaland - but I cant help wanting to be amused by how OP might respond to a question that posits why his map indicates South Africa is not included among the African nations supposedly backing Russia against the West when South Africa has been the one most vocal in her support for Russia.
What do u expect from Russian propaganda that is aimed at brainwashing...most likely, the deals that were signed would involve sale of arms but they are trying to project it like a military alliance of some sorts, to deceive their gullible followers
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Minsk24: 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
There's still hope for Africa and Nigeria, with some comments ,i still get hope that there are still educated people who can think independently....to all the pro-Russia fanatics...i have no words...
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by WantsandMore: 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
Horse men
Pestilence
War
Etc

1 Like

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Bluntemperor: 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
zangaozanga:
african leaders are mad

Putin is an orphan,so he needs this African Leaders to sell them Dictatorship!
A dictator,like most of African Leaders in Power, would like to die together,so African leaders,like South Africa Ramaphosa thinks,the Freedom they are enjoying,which Nelson Mandela spent 27- yrs in captivity to achieve for them is not worthy of defending! To these African Leaders,'Democracy is not working'
He thinks by forming BRICS ( Brazil, Russia,India China and South Africa) partnership,will make him Strong!
Did you see any of these BRICS member or those Africans ,who signed allegiance with Russia,condemning Russia for the illegal Putin's War or any of the African States or telling Putin as aggressor on Ukraine ( a Country of 44- Millions that got her independence under Mr Gorbachev ( Prestoika about 25- yrs ago but Putin is just saying they( Ukrainians must come back) even now that Wheat Productions of Ukraine is going down,due to Russia deliberately bombing of the Port where the Grains were kept! No! Hope African leaders are feeling the High Prices of Bread and they will soon build it in Corruption Contracts!
These their shallow decisions will later hunt them,no matter what because Putin is deceiving them so that he maintained his hold on Power for another 20yrs,just to doubles his yrs of rein.
etc,left African leaders be careful . This decision will surely hurt them in long term!
It's Putin Greek Gift to Africans!
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by etrange: 9:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
Postgraduatengr:

I beg to differ. Russia has pragmatic solutions to your problems and they never offered it up until when they need allies to counter western sanctions? They literally weaponized the so-called solution? What exactly has Russia done to show they have a solution to African issues? Sir, African leaders are not aligning with Russia because they see any solution. African leaders simply align with the highest bidder at every point in time. Russia has been given out some freebies in the last few months and that's all it takes to get the attention of African countries. I'm not casting blames, it's just the sad situation of the poor countries of the world.

And while I believe this agreement could be something, it seems more like a vague statement from from Putin. What are the terms of the agreement? Why are we hearing about the agreement signed by our own leaders from Putin? Does that really imply alignment given how many pre-existing agreements African countries have with the West? Time will tell. However, anyone that believes leaving the influence of the West for the influence of China and Russia is liberation is onto a long thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Nonexisting1: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
Russia will soon run America and UK out of business by conquering Africa. I can see that local man is pleased, the reincarnated Thomas Sankara of Burkina Faso.

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by Allisgud: 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
That means we can solicit for the help of Russia to support Nigeria military with technical war machine and man power to tackle terrorism shocked
Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by oakenfold: 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
Greyworld:

Africa is parasite... still complaining of colonialism after nearly 100 years

Who is the parasite but those the siphon Africa's natural resources to Western countries. Force their parasitic economic policies on dull African leaders, some of who they picked. Use their useless organizations like the UN to keep former European corporations together and call them countries. Europe is full of tiny ass countries of the same ethnicity, going their own journeys to self actualization with various levels of success. But Africa is forced to have "countries" that are Frankenstein creations of the West. Because some Europeans sat at a table 100 years ago and divided the place. Europe can recognize that it made no sense for the various ethnic groups of Yugoslavia to be one country. But they will use all tools to keep the diverse people of the Congos cobbled together as unstable countries that they can keep exploiting for resources. And Africa is the parasite?

1 Like

Re: 41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) by beyondPen(m): 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Russia will be neutral if ECOWAS invade Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger, they will sell weapons to the two sides sha.

Dont mind them. They dont know Russia need Naija more than those country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Investigates Woman Who Wore Miniskirt In Public (picture/video) / Wonders As Egypt Unveils 100 Coffins From Over 2500 Years Ago Still Intact (Pix) / Starving Zimbabweans Reduced Dead Elephant To Skeleton In 2hrs(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.