Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Can One Still Get A Good Job As A VB.NET Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can One Still Get A Good Job As A VB.NET Developer (355 Views)

[Career Post] "What Are My Chances Of Getting A Job As A Web Developer?" / Working Or Looking For Foreign Remote Software Developer Job As A Nigerian? / Has Anyone Successfully Integrated A Webcam Into A Vb.net Application? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Still Get A Good Job As A VB.NET Developer by Simpath(m): 12:07am On Aug 04, 2023
With the revolution that has happened to .NET, I want to ask can a basic VB.NET developer still get a good, lucrative job?
Re: Can One Still Get A Good Job As A VB.NET Developer by bet9ja(m): 4:08am On Aug 04, 2023
Simpath:
With the revolution that has happened to .NET, I want to ask can a basic VB.NET developer still get a good, lucrative job?

Yes, you can get it. But my advise for you is to add Golang (Gin/Fiber) or java (Springboot) to your stack.
Re: Can One Still Get A Good Job As A VB.NET Developer by SUPREMOTM: 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Simpath:

Why don't you just learn C# that Microsoft obviously favours over VB; there are .Net Core features and application types that are not available for VB developers.

If you are not a very old person that is sentimentally attached to the language, there is no reason why you shouldn't transition now.

Even if an organisation's legacy code was written in VB, they'll probably have to rewrite them in C# when they migrate to .Net Core (the new .net), further reducing the opportunities available for VB.Net developers.

By the way, I learnt and used VB.Net for about a year and half before switching to C#.
Re: Can One Still Get A Good Job As A VB.NET Developer by Alphabyte2: 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
SUPREMOTM:

Why don't you just learn C# that Microsoft obviously favours over VB; there are .Net Core features and application types that are not available for VB developers.

If you are not a very old person that is sentimentally attached to the language, there is no reason why you shouldn't transition now.

Even if an organisation's legacy code was written in VB, they'll probably have to rewrite them in C# when they migrate to .Net Core (the new .net), further reducing the opportunities available for VB.Net developers.

By the way, I learnt and used VB.Net for about a year and half before switching to C#.

I agree that transitioning to technologies like C# in .NET Core will be more lucrative because of higher demands. We have WPF, winform,UWP,MAUI and ASP.NET Core in C# etc .
Re: Can One Still Get A Good Job As A VB.NET Developer by chim14(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2023
bet9ja:

Yes, you can get it. But my advise for you is to add Golang (Gin/Fiber) or java (Springboot) to your stack.

Problem with naija devs.... someone ask simple question, u just made it complicated...lol Golang (Gin/Fiber) or java (Springboot) are not your everyday tech in the general market before u get a gig or job on it only God knows.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Other Software Engineering Niches? / Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. / Web Experts Your Opinion Please!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.