Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,497 members, 7,843,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? (3276 Views)

Unemployed People, Are You Happy With How Your Parents/family Are Treating You? / Female Roommate Needed In Osapa London Lekki / I Need A FEMALE Roommate In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Englishisamust: 10:24am On Aug 05, 2023
In this life avoid scotting with people if you are broke. You will experience hell on earth. Nothing like having your own house where you stay!!!. I will never forget what my eyes see when I can not afford rent!!. There was a time I want to commit suicide because of pain I'm experiencing. I don buy snipers say I go kill myself, thanks to phone call I receive from my mom when I was about to put the sniper for mouth. I was crying profusely that day. Mental health is important!!!. In this life some people only need one hurtful word or behaviour to go and commit suicide

1 Like

Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Error401: 10:43am On Aug 05, 2023
I really dont know the email I used to register this account anymore, this is just a burner account., I will prefer you drop your digits or your telegram username as I will only contact through telegram.

StandNFearNot:

Ok. DM sent
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Garrieveryday: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2023
Englishisamust:
In this life avoid scotting with people if you are broke. You will experience hell on earth. Nothing like having your own house where you stay!!!. I will never forget what my eyes see when I can not afford rent!!. There was a time I want to commit suicide because of pain I'm experiencing. I don buy snipers say I go kill myself, thanks to phone call I receive from my mom when I was about to put the sniper for mouth. I was crying profusely that day. Mental health is important!!!. In this life some people only need one hurtful word or behaviour to go and commit suicide

I understand the frustration entirely but never give room to suicidal thought.

1 Like

Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Garrieveryday: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2023
Error401:
Wish to support with a token if you can verify this claim
I will send you 10k if you can send your matric number, any I.D. and a picture of your in your previous work space. You can quote this post .

Are you sure you want to help him or you want to ride on him the more?

1 Like

Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Error401: 10:49am On Aug 05, 2023
Lol, why would I ask details if I dont wish to help? Anyone can claim anything online, just a few verification and I will do exactly as stated, will get in touch on telegram as I dont know this email anymore.

Garrieveryday:

Are you sure you want to help him or you want to ride on him the more?
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Garrieveryday: 11:17am On Aug 05, 2023
Error401:
Lol, why would I ask details if I dont wish to help? Anyone can claim anything online, just a few verification and I will do exactly as stated, will get in touch on telegram as I dont know this email anymore.

I'm asking because of the experience I had in 2020 during covid lockdown and things were very tough with me. I saw people seeking help online and I also sought help. Most of those that grilled ended up not helping while those who didn't have time for any grilling did their best and moved on. I still remain grateful to those ones till tomorrow.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Error401: 11:25am On Aug 05, 2023
Thats true, some people are like that, but I am never like that. I will do as stated once the guy get in touch. I wont grill, just need to know if how true, and what I had requested for are not too much to ask, its what could be done in 5 minutes

Garrieveryday:

I'm asking because of the experience I had in 2020 during covid lockdown and things were very tough with me. I saw people seeking help online and I also sought help. Most of those that grilled ended up not helping while those who didn't have time for any grilling did their best and moved on. I still remain grateful to those ones till tomorrow.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by lionphil(m): 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
StandNFearNot:
This life can be up and down, that is why nobody can tell what comes tomorrow.

I am an undergraduate. I am self-sponsored and run a small business in the school campus which generate revenue for myself.

The school authority issued a notice for us doing business in that location to vacate the place and on the 3rd of July, the place was taken over by the school.

This rendered me jobless and unproductive, bringing untold hardship to me as i am yet to find another location.

The hardship has make me to sometimes do things i wasnt doing when I was making my daily bread.

Earlier on, in order to save cost as I couldn't renew my rent, I asked a close friend to let me join him so we can split the rent. He accepted and i paid him my own part of the bargain.

When things was going well with me, most times i prepare meal with my own money without him contributing a kobo and he'll eat and I won't complain in any way. I buy most of the basic things we use like soap and detergent, pay electricity bill, water etc. This guy even share up to my shirts sometimes. On Tuesday, I had practical in school and I came back sweated and I used his detergent to wash my cloth, my roommate almost tore me apart for touching his detergent.

The salt we are using now, just because I didnt buy it and he bought it, I used few days ago to add to the yam I was cooking, he wanted to empty the whole pot on me. I used the gas he bought to prepare noodles, half way he came and off the gas, and asked me if i don't know how much is a kg of gas now.

This afternoon, I came back from school and was very empty. I mean very very hungry and no money to organize something for myself, neither anything else in the house. So because I was very hungry, I cut a small portion of the yellow rice he cooked to eat, unluckily for me, he came back and met me eating it. Could you believe the guy snatched the food from me and poured it back to the pot. He said he told me to stay aware from his things, except he gives me.

This is a guy i have been helpful to times without number.

This is the same guy that has been borrowing money from me and some without refunding.

The other time when his mother was under medical emergency and they needed money so urgently, I lent them my school fees and that money was never refunded complete.

I don't smoke but he smokes including Indian hemp. He was caught with it and taken by NDLEA but I contributed money to bail him without the parents knowing.

In all of these and more that the guy has benefitted from me, see the unkind treatment I'm getting from him just because the challenge I am facing today.

I'm now afraid to live in the same house with him, because he's totally behaving like an enemy, not a friend or roommate.

I'm still looking for a new spot but I feel unsafe staying in the same house with someone that behaves like this.

I'm afraid and helpless right now. I don't have money to buy food and gas right now and who is supposed to assist me at a time like this is helping.

Sorry for the long post and any mistakes spotted. I'm not with the right mental state.

i will advise you the same way i would myself.

1. Make sure you don't leave that house until your rent expires and he actually forces you out. the guy in question hasn't made any attempt on your life he simply doesn't want you to touch what is his.

2. start making new friends especially female friends. since you're in school, you can visit them for food. most of them usually cook. (NB: look for those considered physically ugly) they need visitors.

3. Ask for help when you really need one. we are all going through tough times but we still have those with good hearts that are willing to share with others.

4. what about your secondary school mates? you can still reach out to them make a video call if you have to say they will be sure it isn't fraudsters.

i wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Kaido: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
lionphil:

i will advise you the same way i would myself.

1. Make sure you don't leave that house until your rent expires and he actually forces you out. the guy in question hasn't made any attempt on your life he simply doesn't want you to touch what is his.

2. start making new friends especially female friends. since you're in school, you can visit them for food. most of them usually cook. (NB: look for those considered physically ugly) they need visitors.

3. Ask for help when you really need one. we are all going through tough times but we still have those with good hearts that are willing to share with others.

4. what about your secondary school mates? you can still reach out to them make a video call if you have to say they will be sure it isn't fraudsters.

i wish you good luck.

Standandfearnot, follow this advice

1 Like

Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Richbyfaith: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
Remain steadfast no matter what. It's a phase that will pass.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Brownshoe: 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
That's bad

FOR YOUR NETFLIX LOGIN : EMAIL SIGNATURE

1 WEEK : 500, 2 WEEK : 800.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by captainking(m): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
StandNFearNot:
This life can be up and down, that is why nobody can tell what comes tomorrow.

I am an undergraduate. I am self-sponsored and run a small business in the school campus which generate revenue for myself.

The school authority issued a notice for us doing business in that location to vacate the place and on the 3rd of July, the place was taken over by the school.

This rendered me jobless and unproductive, bringing untold hardship to me as i am yet to find another location.

The hardship has make me to sometimes do things i wasnt doing when I was making my daily bread.

Earlier on, in order to save cost as I couldn't renew my rent, I asked a close friend to let me join him so we can split the rent. He accepted and i paid him my own part of the bargain.

When things was going well with me, most times i prepare meal with my own money without him contributing a kobo and he'll eat and I won't complain in any way. I buy most of the basic things we use like soap and detergent, pay electricity bill, water etc. This guy even share up to my shirts sometimes. On Tuesday, I had practical in school and I came back sweated and I used his detergent to wash my cloth, my roommate almost tore me apart for touching his detergent.

The salt we are using now, just because I didnt buy it and he bought it, I used few days ago to add to the yam I was cooking, he wanted to empty the whole pot on me. I used the gas he bought to prepare noodles, half way he came and off the gas, and asked me if i don't know how much is a kg of gas now.

This afternoon, I came back from school and was very empty. I mean very very hungry and no money to organize something for myself, neither anything else in the house. So because I was very hungry, I cut a small portion of the yellow rice he cooked to eat, unluckily for me, he came back and met me eating it. Could you believe the guy snatched the food from me and poured it back to the pot. He said he told me to stay aware from his things, except he gives me.

This is a guy i have been helpful to times without number.

This is the same guy that has been borrowing money from me and some without refunding.

The other time when his mother was under medical emergency and they needed money so urgently, I lent them my school fees and that money was never refunded complete.

I don't smoke but he smokes including Indian hemp. He was caught with it and taken by NDLEA but I contributed money to bail him without the parents knowing.

In all of these and more that the guy has benefitted from me, see the unkind treatment I'm getting from him just because the challenge I am facing today.

I'm now afraid to live in the same house with him, because he's totally behaving like an enemy, not a friend or roommate.

I'm still looking for a new spot but I feel unsafe staying in the same house with someone that behaves like this.

I'm afraid and helpless right now. I don't have money to buy food and gas right now and who is supposed to assist me at a time like this is helping.

Sorry for the long post and any mistakes spotted. I'm not with the right mental state.
Are you a simpleton dude??
If you share the rent with him 50/50...you are no longer squatting with him but a full fledged room mate.. Don't allow him do that to you.
Talk to him first and let him know you will not accept such treatment next time..
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by myfan: 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
captainking:

Are you a simpleton dude??
If you share the rent with him 50/50...you are no longer squatting with him but a full fledged room mate.. Don't allow him do that to you.
Talk to him first and let him know you will not accept such treatment next time..

Exactly my thought
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Error401: 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
Quote me with number
StandNFearNot:

Ok. DM sent
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by BronzeTiger: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2023
Error401:
Quote me with number
Do your thorough diligence before sending anything to that number.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by RealSolution001: 9:12am On Aug 06, 2023
The Lord is your strength. Try as much as possible to avoid such a person.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Error401: 10:12am On Aug 06, 2023
Thank you. Still no response yet and I geneuily wish to support because I have been through something similar.

BronzeTiger:

Do your thorough diligence before sending anything to that number.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by RealSolution001: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2023
Error401:
Quote me with number

Last seen 6:am August, 5. He hasn't been online the last 24hrs.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Error401: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
Alright bro, I will be here, anytime he is

RealSolution001:

Last seen 6:am August, 5. He hasn't been online the last 24hrs.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by bluemansion: 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
It seems like situations replicate in this life. This vividly reminded me of years back when I was in the same situation. You would think some people are nice until you live with them.

3 Likes

Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Error401: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2023
Where have you been bro, I still havent gotten any response from you here? If there is no response yet, I might consider someone else and we can talk about this when you are fully back online.
I'm expecting your Mention.

StandNFearNot:

oney to buy food and gas right now and who is supposed to assist me at a time like this is helping.

Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by StandNFearNot: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2023
Error401:
Where have you been bro, I still havent gotten any response from you here? If there is no response yet, I might consider someone else and we can talk about this when you are fully back online.
I'm expecting your Mention.

Hello sir, apology for not responding since. I had an urgent need to travel and I sold my phone to fund the trip. That's why I have not been online.

Secondly, thanks for your offer. However, I am still where I traveled to. It's only when I return I can lay my hands on those documents. You can still help me regardless, leaving the consequences on me (that's if I am lying) or wait until when I return if you still doubt the genuineness of the post.

Thank you for considering me.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Error401: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2023
Alright, your Nairaland account is very young. I wouldnt have minded to give without verification. Anytime you are back home and can answer a few questions just to verify. I will credit you immediately.
Im sorry, I wont be able to give without any verification because your NL accout is just a few months old. If this is a burner account like mine, you can quote me with your original account with your account number.

StandNFearNot:

Hello sir, apology for not responding since. I had an urgent need to travel and I sold my phone to fund the trip. That's why I have not been online.

Secondly, thanks for your offer. However, I am still where I traveled to. It's only when I return I can lay my hands on those documents. You can still help me regardless, leaving the consequences on me (that's if I am lying) or wait until when I return if you still doubt the genuineness of the post.

Thank you for considering me.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by StandNFearNot: 8:09am On Aug 18, 2023
Error401:
Alright, your Nairaland account is very young. I wouldnt have minded to give without verification. Anytime you are back home and can answer a few questions just to verify. I will credit you immediately.
Im sorry, I wont be able to give without any verification because your NL accout is just a few months old. If this is a burner account like mine, you can quote me with your original account with your account number.

Alright sir. Will quote you as soon as I return next week.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by StandNFearNot: 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
Greetings @Error401, how is everything with you? I haven't been online o.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Error401: 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2023
I forgot pls who is this ?

StandNFearNot:
Greetings @Error401, how is everything with you? I haven't been online o.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by StandNFearNot: 1:13am On Sep 07, 2023
Error401:
I forgot pls who is this ?

E reach to forget.

The thread is about me and you promised to do something for me.
Re: How My Roommate Is Treating Me. Is This Fair? by Error401: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quote when you can verify
StandNFearNot:

E reach to forget.

The thread is about me and you promised to do something for me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank / nothing / Nigerian Companies Recruiting This December (vacancies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.