Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,649 members, 7,851,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:02 PM

Question Of The Day!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question Of The Day!!! (893 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator / AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question Of The Day!!! by EmiDon11: 4:42am On Aug 06, 2023
We were told in genesis that God created adam and eve. They later gave birth to cain and abel. Now, my question is: Who Did They Marry?
Nlfpmod
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 5:03am On Aug 06, 2023
Wow, what an original question! The first person to ever ask this since creation. And he bolded it too, then called on nlfpmod to rush it to FP. You be real genius my friend.
Why not tell us, the genius you are, who did they marry?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 06, 2023
They married their siblings . fake pastor johnw47 should have something to say
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Wow, what an original question! The first person to ever ask this since creation. And he bolded it too, then called on nlfpmod to rush it to FP. You be real genius my friend.

In trying to be wise, the OP actually displayed too much ignorance
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by AntiChristian: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2023
They married their sisters as it wasn't forbidden then!

Eve too was made from Adam!
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 9:52am On Aug 06, 2023
AntiChristian:
They married their sisters as it wasn't forbidden then!

Eve too was made from Adam!

Neither was it forbidden that (nor do we know if) Eve had children with her sons, or Adam with his daughters - à la Lot and his daughters!

Anyway, I googled and saw this:

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 9:58am On Aug 06, 2023
preciousee17:

In trying to be wise, the OP actually displayed too much ignorance

He called it big question of the day, with 3 exclamation marks!grin

1 Like

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by EmiDon11: 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2023
PoliteActivist:

He called it big question of the day, with 3 exclamation marks!grin
if i say u no get sense now, u will think i am insulting you.
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2023
EmiDon11:
if i say u no get sense now, u will think i am insulting you.

Abeg no vex. It’s just that this topic has been on Nairaland a million times and you were writing like it's some wonderful insight you had! grin

1 Like

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by AntiChristian: 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Neither was it forbidden that (nor do we know if) Eve had children with her sons, or Adam with his daughters - à la Lot and his daughters!

Anyway, I googled and saw this:

Anyways, I have never read any report that Eve slept with any of his son or Adam with his daughters!

What I read is that Eve had twins many times and it was always a male and a female!

A male is required to marry the female of another pregnancy! Cain didn't like this arrangement as his own partner was prettier than Abel's.

So they had to make a sacrifice and Abel's was accepted!
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2023
AntiChristian:

Anyways, I have never read any report that Eve slept with any of his son or Adam with his daughters!

What I read is that Eve had twins many times and it was always a male and a female!

A male is required to marry the female of another pregnancy! Cain didn't like this arrangement as his own partner was prettier than Abel's.

So they had to make a sacrifice and Abel's was accepted!

Don't know where you read all this - definitely not in the Bible. The first set of twins in the Bible were Esau and Jacob.
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by AntiChristian: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Don't know where you read all this - definitely not in the Bible. The first set of twins in the Bible were Esau and Jacob

Of course not the Bible!
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 11:07pm On Aug 06, 2023
AntiChristian:

Of course not the Bible!

Neither did you read anywhere in the Bible that Cain and Abel slept with their sisters! Which would be a very important detail to leave out!
Neither did we read where the Chinese and their slanty eyes came from. Nor all these other races and their vast differences.
Actually, neither did we read that a law was passed whereby God could never create anything or anyone again!
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by johnw47: 3:29am On Aug 07, 2023
IconicR:
They married their siblings . fake pastor johnw47 should have something to say

lost stinky rozlyn

lover of adultery oral and anal sex etc.

you so tormented aren't you, to bad, get used to it

Isa 3:24 And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:12am On Aug 07, 2023
EmiDon11:

We were told in genesis that God created adam and eve. They later gave birth to cain and abel. Now, my question is: Who Did They Marry? Nlfpmod

And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died. Genesis 5:4-5

Adam actually had daughters simultaneously but the Bible's Author doesn't mention names of females unless the female did something noteworthy.
You can verify by reading and trying to figure out the names of wives of all the men mention from Genesis chapter 1-11 the first time females were mentioned by name after the first woman is the wives of Lamech {Genesis 4:19} even the most historical figure in the Bible Jesus had sisters but their number or names weren't mentioned! Matthew 13:55-56

So Cain married one of his own sisters born by his parents Adam and Eve!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 9:48am On Aug 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died. Genesis 5:4-5

Adam actually had daughters simultaneously but the Bible's Author doesn't mention names of females unless the female did something noteworthy.
You can verify by reading and trying to figure out the names of wives of all the men mention from Genesis chapter 1-11 the first time females were mentioned by name after the first woman is the wives of Lamech {Genesis 4:19} even the most historical figure in the Bible Jesus had sisters but their number or names weren't mentioned! Matthew 13:55-56

So Cain married one of his own sisters born by his parents Adam and Eve!

Well, let's really THINK through this popular notion that Cain married his sister.
After Cain was banished for killing his brother, he settled in the land of Nod. Since no other person had been banished before Cain, we can assume no other person went to the land of Nod before him, and no person went with him.
The Bible tells us that upon his banishment, Cain was afraid that in his wanderings “anyone who meets me may kill me”. Remember, no one left before him and no one was going with him. Sooo, where would the "anyone" come from??
The Bible then says Cain marries in the land of Nod - says it in the manner of someone marrying from a foreign land...
Well, you know where this is headed. His mother could only have had so many children, it would be a very important detail indeed to leave out - that Cain was sleeping with his sister!
Now, try to THINK FOR YOURSELF for a change instead of regurgitating things fed into you, do you still think Cain married his sister that he met in the land of Nod??😆
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:13am On Aug 07, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Well, let's really THINK through this popular notion that Cain married his sister.
After Cain was banished for killing his brother, he settled in the land of Nod. Since no other person had been banished before Cain, we can assume no other person went to the land of Nod before him, and no person went with him.
The Bible tells us that upon his banishment, Cain was afraid that in his wanderings “anyone who meets me may kill me”. Remember, no one left before him and no one was going with him. Sooo, where would the "anyone" come from??
The Bible then says Cain marries in the land of Nod - says it in the manner of someone marrying from a foreign land...
Well, you know where this is headed. His mother could only have had so many children, it would be a very important detail indeed to leave out - that Cain was sleeping with his sister!
Now, try to THINK FOR YOURSELF for a change instead of regurgitating things fed into you, do you still think Cain married his sister that he met in the land of Nod??😆

I don't wish to argue with you but the fact that Cain married one of his sisters is indisputable what you should have asked is:

How can someone follow Cain knowing fully well that he has killed his brother who happens to be her own brother too?

But today we all know how women follow men despite knowing their criminal records so it's definitely one of his own sisters who is also cunning that followed him.
Moreover remember that there are just few humans back then and to enjoy s€x one must get hooked to a partner and Cain is a prospective husband for that matter.

Thanks for asking, may you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 10:42am On Aug 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I don't wish to argue with you but the fact that Cain married one of his sisters is indisputable what you should have asked is:

How can someone follow Cain knowing fully well that he has killed his brother who happens to be her own brother too?

But today we all know how women follow men despite knowing their criminal records so it's definitely one of his own sisters who is also cunning that followed him.
Moreover remember that there are just few humans back then and to enjoy s€x one must get hooked to a partner and Cain is a prospective husband for that matter.

😅 Spoken just like an unthinking automaton fed some info. Where in the Bible does it say anyone followed Cain into banishment? Also, how many children could one woman, Eve, have had. Sooo, Cain had to go to the land of Nod to meet his sister, who mysteriously, without any explanation or logical reason, was already there waiting for him to be banished and come and marry her!🤣

1 Like

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
PoliteActivist:

😅 Spoken just like an unthinking automaton fed some info. Where in the Bible does it say anyone followed Cain into banishment? Also, how many children could one woman, Eve, have had. Sooo, Cain had to go to the land of Nod to meet his sister, who mysteriously, without any explanation or logical reason, was already there waiting for him to be banished and come and marry her!🤣

What exactly is your problem?

Are sure you still believe in the Bible? cheesy

Well according to that book God created only two humans a couple and they are the people that brought about all the humans on this planet. So whether you like it or not Cain took one of his sisters when leaving home God did not create any other human apart from the first couple! smiley
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What exactly is your problem?

Are sure you believe still the Bible? cheesy

Well according to that book God created only two humans a couple and they are the people that brought about all the humans on this planet. So whether you like it or not Cain took one of his sisters when leaving home God did not create any other human apart the first couple! smiley

The question is, why is a human being that God created and gave a brain INCAPABLE of any type of independent thought or any type of questioning of what he is taught or reads??!!

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
PoliteActivist:

The question is, why is a human being that God created and gave a brain INCAPABLE of any type of independent thought or any type of questioning of what he is taught or reads??!!

Because he is one of the disciples of the young first century Jewish teacher who prayed:

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: John 17:22

Note your first response to the OP:

PoliteActivist:

Any disciple of Christ supposed to tell the OP directly what has been concluded upon by the BODY of Christ {Ephesians 5:23} on the subject so that the BODY could speak regarding the book they believe with one voice! Ephesians 4:12-13
But since it has ever been inconclusive among you people claiming BORN AGAIN Christians that's why you can't find anyone to agree with you because God's word specifically told us that Adam and Eve are the only two humans created on this planet.
So my guy CHRISTIANITY isn't about what each person feels regarding such serious topic because interested ones (like the OP) may ask questions and disparities among so called believers will mean disunity.
We aren't atheists who can't come to terms on what is written if the Bible is God's word it should be used to set matters straight among believers {2Timothy 3:16} that's what Jesus prayed for! John 17:17
smiley
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Because he is one of the disciples of the young first century Jewish teacher who prayed:

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: John 17:22

Note your first response to the OP:

Any disciple of Christ supposed to tell the OP directly what has been concluded upon by the BODY of Christ {Ephesians 5:23} on the subject so that the BODY could speak regarding the book they believe with one voice! Ephesians 4:12-13
But since it has ever been inconclusive among you people claiming BORN AGAIN Christians that's why you can't find anyone to agree with you because God's word specifically told us that Adam and Eve are the only two humans created on this planet.
So my guy CHRISTIANITY isn't about what each person feels regarding such serious topic because interested ones (like the OP) may ask questions and disparities among so called believers will mean disunity.
We aren't atheists who can't come to terms on what is written if the Bible is God's word it should be used to set matters straight among believers {2Timothy 3:16} that's what Jesus prayed for! John 17:17
smiley

So you avoid intellectual discussions on biblical matters. Don't give a categorical answer you're then unable to defend or have to defend by lying or forging things not in the Bible (eg: Cain left with people).
It is not a must to comment on every biblical topic. Or if you must comment, preface your answer NOT arrogantly state it with absolute certainty and authority, and then when biblically challenged, run to "all Christians must have one voice"!
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
PoliteActivist:

So you avoid intellectual discussions on biblical matters. Don't give a categorical answer you're then unable to defend or have to defend by lying or forging things not in the Bible (eg: Cain left with people).
It is not a must to comment on every biblical topic. Or if you must comment, preface your answer NOT arrogantly state it with absolute certainty and authority, and then when biblically challenged, run to "all Christians must have one voice"!

It's you who is feeling inferior simply because you lack wisdom regarding God's word, the highlighted is your own assumption because God's word said "Cain slept with his wife" this means that he was with just one woman {Genesis 4:17} the same way his father (Adam) started the family with only one woman! Genesis 4:1

I am a disciple of Christ so like my Master, Lord and King i speak with authority when Bible topics are raised {Matthew 7:28-29} we are not like those who can't speak convincingly when handling scriptural topics. 2Timothy 2:15

So once again God's word made us understand that only a couple started the reproduction process that led to a global human race but if you disagree with that just come out plainly nobody is going to flog you for what you don't know! cheesy
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's you who is feeling inferior simply because you lack wisdom regarding God's word, the highlighted is your own assumption because God's word said "Cain slept with his wife" this means that he was with just one woman {Genesis 4:17} the same way his father (Adam) started the family with only one woman! Genesis 4:1

I am a disciple of Christ so like my Master, Lord and King i speak with authority when Bible topics are raised {Matthew 7:28-29} we are not like those who can't speak convincingly when handling scriptural topics. 2Timothy 2:15

So once again God's word made us understand that only a couple started the reproduction process that led to a global human race but if you disagree with that just come out plainly nobody is going to flog you for what you don't know! cheesy

Exactly what I said about putting yourself in a position where you have to lie. No where in the Bible is it stated or even implied that one of Cain's sisters or even brothers for that matter, followed him into exile.
Neither was it implied that he was in any way married when he left - hence God put a mark on him and him alone, to protect him in his wanderings so outside people would not kill him (HIM, nobody else!).
Lord Jesus or St. Paul commented on biblical matters authoritatively because they could back them up biblically. Don’t assume their authoritativeness when you have to back yours up by lying or forging what the Bible says! Like I said, it is not by force, you don't have to comment on every biblical topic raised!
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Exactly what I said about putting yourself in a position where you have to lie. No where in the Bible is it stated or even implied that one of Cain's sisters or even brothers for that matter, followed him into exile.
Neither was it implied that he was in any way married when he left - hence God put a mark on him and him alone, to protect him in his wanderings so outside people would not kill him (HIM, nobody else!).
Lord Jesus or St. Paul commented on biblical matters authoritatively because they could back them up biblically. Don’t assume their authoritativeness when you have to back yours up by lying or forging what the Bible says! Like I said, it is not by force, you don't have to comment on every biblical topic raised!

Ọmọ that's not a lie but the work of God's Holy Spirit {John 16:12-13} that you can't refute since God never created any other human elsewhere apart from Adam and Eve! wink
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by Aemmyjah(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Beautiful

1 Like

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 12:46am On Aug 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ that's not a lie but the work of God's Holy Spirit {John 16:12-13} that you can't refute since God never created any other human elsewhere apart from Adam and Eve! wink

Just don't lie or fudge the Bible. Example, don't quote the Bible as saying Caine took his sister to Nod when the Bible never said nor implied any such thing. God works in mysteries, if you don't know or understand something, say so. Don't answer authoritatively then try to lie or fudge to justify the answer. If you notice, I've only HONESTLY discussed circumstances provided by the Bible, without saying that now proves anything, because in actuality it doesn't!
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by PoliteActivist: 12:53am On Aug 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Beautiful

More like ridiculous. Where do you see the Bible say or imply anybody followed Cain into banishment?
Actually quite the opposite: HE and he alone was given the mark of Caine so HE won't be killed. Nobody else!

2 Likes

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:37am On Aug 08, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Just don't lie or fudge the Bible. Example, don't quote the Bible as saying Caine took his sister to Nod when the Bible never said nor implied any such thing. God works in mysteries, if you don't know or understand something, say so. Don't answer authoritatively then try to lie or fudge to justify the answer. If you notice, I've only HONESTLY discussed circumstances provided by the Bible, without saying that now proves anything, because in actuality it doesn't!

Now you're behaving like the Judaists in the first century! cheesy

They always argue over anything that's not clear to them whereas they have no better answer than what Jesus and his disciples provided.

God created just Adam and Eve: two humans

Adam and Eve had children who got married to themselves: the beginning of mankind

Cain ran away from home and later had a wife.

So where did Cain got a female to marry?

Me: since God created only one couple in the beginning and instructed them to multiply then Cain must have taken one of his sisters to where he ran to.

You: no definite answer God's word is mystery so nobody should say anything on that since it was written.

Now what is the work of God's Holy Spirit that Jesus promised to teach us other things?

“I still have many things to say to you, but you are not able to bear them now. However, when that one comes, the spirit of the truth, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own initiative, but what he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things to come". John 16:12-13

If believers in Christ can't give a definite answer as to where Cain got a wife then what confidence do they have in the first chapter of the Bible where it's documented that God only created a pair of humans: Adam and Eve?

Ọmọ just humble yourself and learn the Bible is complete word of God there's no mystery in that unless you're contemplating Agnosticm that says nobody knows the truth about God! wink
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:49am On Aug 08, 2023
PoliteActivist:

More like ridiculous. Where do you see the Bible say or imply anybody followed Cain into banishment? Actually quite the opposite: HE and he alone was given the mark of Caine so HE won't be killed. Nobody else!

So you've not seen beautiful ladies getting married to men with man-made mark of Cain today shey?
I tell you that many young girls in your church will wholeheartedly marry men having Cain's mark as long as money is involved.
Meanwhile Cain was the first child that Eve referred to as the one who will bring a relief it's through God's help that he was born according to his mother {Genesis 4:1} and as for the mark on his head God never disclose to anyone what that mark stands for it was only revealed to Moses thousands of years later.
So the beautiful girl that followed Cain can't know why her brother suddenly had a mark and Cain will never tell her what transpired between him and God! smiley
Re: Question Of The Day!!! by Shokoloko(f): 5:58am On Aug 08, 2023
The Bible is clear on this matter. This is not an issue that should cause unbelief.
The bible records that Eve had sons and daughters. Cain apparently married one. In those days marrying close relatives was not a problem. Sarah was Abraham's half-sister. Only when the Israelites got into the promised land was consanguine marriages banned.
Gen 4:19 mentions that Lamech married two women. Where did he get them from? Their names were not mentioned as daughters to anyone but apparently they were.

Now once upon a time there was a place on the outskirts of PH. It didn't have a name because there weren't many settlers. The first set of people who settles there said they were living close to Obigbo.
But now anyone writing about that area will call it Igbo Etche.
Note that Genesis was written several centuries after the events occurred. At the time Cain went there, the land had no name. Cain descendants made it a city called Nod. The Bible gives a couple of accounts of men coming to an empty spot and giving it a city name and voila! it became known by that name years later.
Before Nigeria was named, the land existed, people lived here; but someone putting our events in written form has to call our space Nigeria for ease of understanding.

Lastly, the bible also gives accounts of brothers taking revenge on brothers. I believe 2 sons of Solomon died because some sons took revenge for what was done to their sisters. Till date in the middle east they have honor killings between family members.
The people Cain was running away from were his own brothers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question Of The Day!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:18am On Aug 08, 2023
PoliteActivist:

According to the above commentator since the Bible never stated that Cain married his sister you have lied! cheesy
Shokoloko:
The Bible is clear on this matter. This is not an issue that should cause unbelief.
The bible records that Eve had sons and daughters. Cain apparently married one. In those days marrying close relatives was not a problem. Sarah was Abraham's half-sister. Only when the Israelites got into the promised land was consanguine marriages banned.
Gen 4:19 mentions that Lamech married two women. Where did he get them from? Their names were not mentioned as daughters to anyone but apparently they were.

Now once upon a time there was a place on the outskirts of PH. It didn't have a name because there weren't many settlers. The first set of people who settles there said they were living close to Obigbo.
But now anyone writing about that area will call it Igbo Etche.
Note that Genesis was written several centuries after the events occurred. At the time Cain went there, the land had no name. Cain descedants made it a city called Nod. The bible gives a couple of accounts of men coming to an empty spot and giving it a city name and voila! it becomes known as that name years later.
Before Nigeria was named, the land existed, people lived here, but someone putting our events in written form has to call our space Nigeria for ease of understanding.

Lastly the bible also gives accounts of brothers taking revenge on brothers. I believe 2 sons of Solomon died because some sons took revenge against what was done to their sisters. Till date in the middle east they have honor killings between family members.
The people Cain was running away from were his own brothers.

He knew there's no better explanation but he's holding a grudge against me because i have silenced him several times with efficacy on scriptural topics and he doesn't know how to get back at me now he's expecting everyone else to support him after all i'm just one of Jehovah's Witnesses so they must criticize whatever i say! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Is Coming Back Again! / What Is This World Turnin Into / Shocking , Shocking - Read Url And Comment On America's Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.