Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? (7433 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2023
How do atheists explain the origin of consciousness in the universe, and what are their views on the human existence and cosmic evolution?

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by sonmvayina(m): 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2023
gisevak:
How do atheists explain the origin of consciousness in the universe, and what are their views on the human existence and cosmic evolution?

I suppose there is a scientific explanation for it ..

If none, then it is the creator..
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
sonmvayina:

I suppose there is a scientific explanation for it ..

If none, then it is the creator..

Why should I reject the existence of a creator since there is more evidence to accept its existence than not? No scientist has claimed he or she created any natural laws or nature. They can always deceive themselves. Let's hear from atheists about the existence of human consciousness. They may have scientific explanations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by jaephoenix(m): 2:50am On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:
Explain more on this your 'consciousness' , then I would answer you
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by jaephoenix(m): 2:51am On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

Why should I reject the existence of a creator since there is more evidence to accept its existence than not? No scientist has claimed he or she created any natural laws or nature. They can always deceive themselves. Let's hear from atheists about the existence of human consciousness. They may have scientific explanations.
Any evidence of this creator? His or their names? How did it/they pop up? Who was his/their creator? etc
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by izonborn098(m): 3:49am On Sep 18, 2023
The same question you folks refuse to answer..
How did god came into existent, till date is begging for answers. You guys are busy quoting a book of wisdom written by a white man as defence..
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:37am On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

If you want to be saved it's better to forget the atheists and focus more on what FAITHFUL people should be doing now.

In the days of Noah, Lot and Rahab many of their people were destroyed.
Did you know why?
It's not that those people were doing bad things but they were indecisive regarding the life saving informations they received!

During the time of Noah wicked giants were everywhere causing havoc in the community, the people back then knew that something need to be done but nobody knew but when Noah began telling them what God told him most of the people IGNORED him!
During the time of Lot homosexuality, lesbianism and bestiality was leading those two cities to self destruction yet Lot's two daughters were virgins. Were they the only good people in the whole of Sodom and Gomorrah?
NO! But the rest felt God will not destroy them because they're INNOCENT so when Lot and his daughters who were FAITHFUL took action all the INNOCENT were destroyed along with the evildoers (including Lot's wife)
During the time of Rahab in Jericho everyone heard about the Israelites and their mission but did they act with FAITH?
NO!
Only Rahab the prostitute was FAITHFUL so she proved to be LOYAL to God's people by WORKING with them.
That's what saved her and all those with her!

So in this dispensation do not allow the atheists to distract you, atheism is just another excuse for those who are on the path of destruction. Most of them are nursing the feelings that there are many bad people among those claiming believers so they feel it's better to remain idle and innocent regarding FAITH in God but that's not how God thinks {Isaiah 55:8-9} Rahab was a prostitute yet she was the one used to save some people in Jericho. And what's more?
Even if all others are forgotten during the resurrection of the dead do you think Jesus who is the one to raise all the dead can forget his own great grandmother? Matthew 1:5

So forget the atheists and focus on your own salvation.

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:30am On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

In regard to the origin of consciousness, cosmic evolution and so on, the anticlimactic answer is simply that we don't know.. and we don't claim to.

These are questions no one quite knows the answer to yet. While people have tried to plug several things like god/gods into the equation, they've failed to provide any evidence of such.

And although we search for the answers to these questions, we simply haven't found them yet.. so we simply don't know

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Iamanoited: 7:57am On Sep 18, 2023
"JUST THEREISM".
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2023
Wilgrea7:
In regard to the origin of consciousness, cosmic evolution and so on, the anticlimactic answer is simply that we don't know.. and we don't claim to. These are questions no one quite knows the answer to yet. While people have tried to plug several things like god/gods into the equation, they've failed to provide any evidence of such. And although we search for the answers to these questions, we simply haven't found them yet.. so we simply don't know

Are you responding as an atheist? undecided
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by danielistics(m): 8:41am On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

So the world started 5000 years ago?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Wilgrea7(m): 8:49am On Sep 18, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Are you responding as an atheist? undecided

Affirmative
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2023
Wilgrea7:

Affirmative
So you're an atheist right? smiley
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So you're an atheist right? smiley

i lack the belief in a god... so i guess yeah
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Explain more on this your 'consciousness' , then I would answer you
Consciousness is a state of awareness of one's surroundings and inner thoughts, but goes beyond just be awake.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 10:20am On Sep 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Any evidence of this creator? His or their names? How did it/they pop up? Who was his/their creator? etc
The evidence of a creator is in the creation, except you would tell me creation can exist without a creator. Nature and its laws are its evidence we cannot just reject. Can you address the subject of discussion?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2023
Wilgrea7:

In regard to the origin of consciousness, cosmic evolution and so on, the anticlimactic answer is simply that we don't know.. and we don't claim to.

These are questions no one quite knows the answer to yet. While people have tried to plug several things like god/gods into the equation, they've failed to provide any evidence of such.

And although we search for the answers to these questions, we simply haven't found them yet.. so we simply don't know
The creator should be rightly used instead of god or gods. It is highly not logical to just hastily conclude while seeing evidence of creations.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2023
danielistics:

So the world started 5000 years ago?
We don't know otherwise you can tell us when it all started. Does origin of the world started billions of years ago? What proof to show for this.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Wilgrea7(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

The creator should be rightly used instead of god or gods. It is highly not logical to just hastily conclude while seeing evidence of creations.

why THE creator? why not the creators? when you say creator, what are you referring to, and how is it different from a god? I'd like to know so i understand what you mean

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2023
Wilgrea7:

why THE creator? why not the creators? when you say creator, what are you referring to, and how is it different from a god? I'd like to know so i understand what you mean
My bad! I used THE creator in a general term
to be any infinite creators or singular creator. Well, I don't have evidence if it's singular creator or infinite. My stand still remain that we have evidence of creations.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

My stand still remain that we have evidence of creations.

What evidence of creations?
Point out any natural thing that’s in the process of being “created”.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 11:05am On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

My bad! I used THE creator in a general term
to be any infinite creators or singular creator. Well, I don't have evidence if it's singular creator or infinite. My stand still remain that we have evidence of creations.

What is the evidence?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 11:11am On Sep 18, 2023
LordReed:

What is the evidence?
Nature and its laws

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2023
KnownUnknown:

The first human is an example of a creation
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 11:20am On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

Nature and its laws

They are not evidence of a creation.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2023
LordReed:

They are not evidence of a creation.
do you have any proof that nature and its laws are not creations?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

do you have any proof that nature and its laws are not creations?

LoLz. Nice attempt to shift the burden of proof to me. You are the one making the claim that they are evidence of a creation so it is up to you to supply the proof that they are.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

The first human is an example of a creation

What first human?
Point out any natural thing that’s in the process of being “created”.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by mysticwarrior(m): 12:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
Who created alliens?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2023
gisevak:

Nature and its laws

The “laws” of nature are descriptive not prescriptive. They are not akin to legal law formulated by humans. The “laws of nature” are descriptions of how the world functions not how it’s designed to function. That’s why the laws of physics “breakdown” at the quantum level.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Nice attempt to shift the burden of proof to me. You are the one making the claim that they are evidence of a creation so it is up to you to supply the proof that they are.
Is Earth nature?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2023
KnownUnknown:

The “laws” of nature are descriptive not prescriptive. They are not akin to legal law formulated by humans. The “laws of nature” are descriptions of how the world functions not how it’s designed to function. That’s why the laws of physics “breakdown” at the quantum level.

Example of nature is Human. Do you agree nature exists? YES [/b]OR [b]NO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Oyakhilome’s Brother, Rev. Ken Impregnates South African Member / The Secret Garden / Devilish Advice In God's Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.