Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy (25973 Views)

"Passenger In Keke Turns Python, Swallows A Boy In Bonny" - Apostle Paul Umoru / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" / "I Had Cancer, Was Given 2 Months To Live, Jesus Healed Me" - Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Interesting15: 8:03am On Aug 06, 2023
Many years ago, when I was a very young teenager just approaching the adolescence stage of life, I had some destiny-determinant experiences.

Now, I was born and grew up in a part of the country where immorality seems to be the norm. So, young boys can't wait to become adolescents and start doing the nasty things they see adults do - such as immoral sexual adventures, alcoholism, clubbing, and many more.

Yes, like several other young boys in the area, I was waiting to become an adolescent with a bit of freedom from my strict parents so I can also start exploring life. However, in my case, even as a young chap, I always feel the presence of God around me without having an explanation, and I know I have conversations with a Creature I don't know much about.

Then one day, even as a boy, I felt God talking to me, asking me to start walking with Him and be perfect. Now, I was worried, because despite being a boy, I know the meaning of what God was asking me to do. It means I won't 'enjoy' those things the adults around me were doing.

So, in my naivety, I started begging God to just give me one year to enjoy those sinful things too, after which I will start walking with Him perfectly(lol). But God didn't change His mind, but kept pestering me, as an expression of His great love. He asked me to start walking with Him in spirit and in truth as a youngster, and He made some promises to me..

Then, I decided to start a relationship with the LORD JESUS from a tender age. It was not a smooth ride, particularly considering the environment and other challenges. But God made grace available, being meticulous about me to ensure I grew up in Him.

Even as a young boy, I started preaching when the opportunity comes, particularly at church. Here is a picture of one of those moments of ministering as a child at church.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/08/the-interesting-experiences-i-had-when.html?m=1

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Interesting15: 8:03am On Aug 06, 2023
Upon entering the adolescent stage, things were easier for me. One of the benefits of starting with God at an early age is that I didn't experience the troubles and hurts that sin brings, unlike many of my peers.

The Lord was giving me more responsibilities at this stage. For instance, as a young teenager back then, I was leading the youth department at church (there were older people in the youth department), serving as a Sunday school teacher, an interpreter, an usher, was part of the evangelism team, a part-time chorister, etc.

Here is a picture of one of the youth meetings where I was ministering to the youths.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/08/the-interesting-experiences-i-had-when.html?m=1

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Interesting15: 8:04am On Aug 06, 2023
Becoming an adult and entering the University (I earned my bachelor's degree at the University of Ibadan), there were even more responsibilities. For instance, here is a picture of me ministering as the President of a prominent campus fellowship in the institution.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Interesting15: 8:04am On Aug 06, 2023
Finally, I want to encourage everyone to serve the Lord and have an intimate relationship with Him. He will make a beautiful story out of your life. If you are ready to forsake the sinful pleasures of sin and satan, Jesus will help you become all God has destined you to be.

Your destiny is to have an intimate righteous relationship with God that is eternal in nature through Jesus Christ, and you will be empowered with the Holy Spirit to have dominion over creation and sin, satan, death, poverty, depression, frustration, sickness, etc.

It starts by saying yes to Jesus. Say yes to Jesus today, and He won't ignore you. Simply ask Him to show you mercy, and He will come to you too. God bless you.

92 Likes 10 Shares

Get A Copy Of Purity Sex Education Ebook

Warning: Sexual Perversion Will Increase In These Days...

According to the Spirit of Prophecy and Scripture, these last days will be filled with all manner of sexual rubbish and dirt and temptations. 

One of the core ways to preserve yourself in purity is by enlightening yourself with the appropriate spiritual knowledge revolving around sexual purity. 

I've put in place a material that will help empower you for sexual chastity, as well as stir you up to play your role in fighting sexual perversion in this immoral generation. 

This ebook will be delivered to you in electronic format (pdf) anywhere you are in the world. 

To get yours, check the link https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/05/get-copy-of-purity-sex-education-ebook.html?m=1

8 Likes

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Interesting15: 8:11am On Aug 06, 2023
lalasticlala Nlfpmod
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by anthonyuncle(m): 8:21am On Aug 06, 2023
thank God for your life.
I pray He gives you more grace and strength

14 Likes

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by hopefulLandlord: 8:23am On Aug 06, 2023
Religious belief is an invisible security blanket for insecure individuals.
Closeted minds will continue to allow brainwashing and indoctrination by religious leaders that there is a 'god', and there was a 'jesus', in order that the people with closed minds allow themselves to be controlled so that the various Corporations (churches) remain profitable as the tax-free money continues to roll in.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by 4KNGOATS(m): 8:42am On Aug 06, 2023
Madafakkaaaa!!!! Dey dia make you dey throw bomb
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by AntiChristian: 8:50am On Aug 06, 2023
I will surely die a Muslim!

Aamin!

7 Likes

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Scarrr: 9:37am On Aug 06, 2023
Ok
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Drsnives(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2023
Nawaooooooo
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Kobicove(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2023
Is this Pastor Righteousness? undecided
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Kenmatt(m): 9:39am On Aug 06, 2023
You are not talking out of experience.

You were taken to Church as a child, and continued till teen and much more.

You never had the opportunity to check mate others after which you would be able to fish out the best for you.

They say the prove of the pudding is in the eating.

Going to Church and taking part in its activities has nothing to do with God. Thus; "Go you for you do the work without doing the word"

Church and God are like two parallel line that can never meet.

The bottom line is, have a cordial relationship with God the creator, it doesn't count the group you follow.

His ways are not our ways. He doesn't see the manner we do.

It's a personal thing.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2023
It is no cap,my arrival in this earth realm was through prayers,I live by prayers now and whenever the time to depart from here comes,it will surely be by prayers,what other meaning can one give to this life if not to live if for God

10 Likes

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Philomath1212: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2023
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by inoki247: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2023
Lol
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by ipobarecriminals: 9:40am On Aug 06, 2023
sad U use eyebrow/eyeliner (tiro) in the 3RD pic abi nah so dem born u/them punch you gorgeous 👁 undecided?
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Sucre6: 9:41am On Aug 06, 2023
Thank God for grace 🙏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by WantsandMore: 9:41am On Aug 06, 2023
Interesting15:
Get A Copy Of Purity Sex Education Ebook

Warning: Sexual Perversion Will Increase In These Days...

According to the Spirit of Prophecy and Scripture, these last days will be filled with all manner of sexual rubbish and dirt and temptations.

One of the core ways to preserve yourself in purity is by enlightening yourself with the appropriate spiritual knowledge revolving around sexual purity.

I've put in place a material that will help empower you for sexual chastity, as well as stir you up to play your role in fighting sexual perversion in this immoral generation.

This ebook will be delivered to you in electronic format (pdf) anywhere you are in the world.

To get yours, check the link https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/05/get-copy-of-purity-sex-education-ebook.html?m=1
I hope you aren't trying to judge? undecided All the best yeah?
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by GanagiBitrus: 9:42am On Aug 06, 2023
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by UIUX: 9:42am On Aug 06, 2023
Interesting15:
Something Interesting About My Blog (sundayakanni.com)

So, when I decided to start this blog some months ago as a platform to reach the world, I decided to monetize it to at least earn some money to keep the Blog running (renewing the domain and the likes).

However, the Lord prohibited me from that (probably to keep my heart from concentrating too much on money).

Hence, I created an avenue where anyone can instead make donations to keep the work going. So, if GOD is ministering to you, you can help contribute to keep the works going by making a donation.

Visit the donation page here - https://www.sundayakanni.com/p/donate.html?m=1
God is the only way.

2 Likes

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by AnietiePictures: 9:46am On Aug 06, 2023
How about now

1 Like

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Edipet(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2023
Interesting15:
Something Interesting About My Blog (sundayakanni.com)

So, when I decided to start this blog some months ago as a platform to reach the world, I decided to monetize it to at least earn some money to keep the Blog running (renewing the domain and the likes).

However, the Lord prohibited me from that (probably to keep my heart from concentrating too much on money).

Hence, I created an avenue where anyone can instead make donations to keep the work going. So, if GOD is ministering to you, you can help contribute to keep the works going by making a donation.

Visit the donation page here - https://www.sundayakanni.com/p/donate.html?m=1
guide me on how to own a blog. I know you are a Born again child of God. That you will be genuine in business
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by free2ryhme: 9:46am On Aug 06, 2023
Interesting15:
Many years ago, when I was a very young teenager just approaching the adolescence stage of life, I had some destiny-determinant experiences.

Now, I was born and grew up in a part of the country where immorality seems to be the norm. So, young boys can't wait to become adolescents and start doing the nasty things they see adults do - such as immoral sexual adventures, alcoholism, clubbing, and many more.

Yes, like several other young boys in the area, I was waiting to become an adolescent with a bit of freedom from my strict parents so I can also start exploring life. However, in my case, even as a young chap, I always feel the presence of God around me without having an explanation, and I know I have conversations with a Creature I don't know much about.

Then one day, even as a boy, I felt God talking to me, asking me to start walking with Him and be perfect. Now, I was worried, because despite being a boy, I know the meaning of what God was asking me to do. It means I won't 'enjoy' those things the adults around me were doing.

So, in my naivety, I started begging God to just give me one year to enjoy those sinful things too, after which I will start walking with Him perfectly(lol). But God didn't change His mind, but kept pestering me, as an expression of His great love. He asked me to start walking with Him in spirit and in truth as a youngster, and He made some promises to me..

Then, I decided to start a relationship with the LORD JESUS from a tender age. It was not a smooth ride, particularly considering the environment and other challenges. But God made grace available, being meticulous about me to ensure I grew up in Him.

Even as a young boy, I started preaching when the opportunity comes, particularly at church. Here is a picture of one of those moments of ministering as a child at church.

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by LandMann: 9:46am On Aug 06, 2023
Religion is a big scam in Nigeria.

Love your neighbor as you'd love yourself. That is the principle that is mutually good for everyone on earth. Everything else is just gibberish designed to put you under perpetual control and/or steal from your pocket using smooth talk about God/Allah

4 Likes

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Hezmatosky: 9:46am On Aug 06, 2023
You be yoruba abi? lipsrsealed
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by OLOKOESHIN: 9:47am On Aug 06, 2023
Ku orire. Your belief
Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by ottersberger(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2023
Interesting15:

Pesin wey wear you dis trouser must wait outside heaven's gate seven years before he fit enter.

1 Like

Re: The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy by Curdlebug(m): 9:48am On Aug 06, 2023
Hhg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thousands Gather At Daystar For Free Christmas Packages (Pics) / Demons, Angels, Vampires Etc // Extraterresterials, Aliens, Ufos - Same Thing! / Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.