Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers (7988 Views)

Female Pant Recovered From Suspected Cultists Arrested In Delta (photos) / Guns, Charms, Ammunition Recovered From Suspected Kidnapper Arrested In Kogi / Lady Bravely Escaped From Suspected 'One Chance' Kidnappers In Rivers (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by free2ryhme: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
Operatives of the Anambra State Police Command have recovered two pump action guns and a Mercedes Sports Utility Vehicle abandoned in a ditch by members of a suspected kidnapping gang.

A detachment of the police-led Forward Operating Base, while on patrol along the Uga-Ezinifite Expressway in Aguata Local Government Area of the state pursued the vehicle after the driver drove at a very dangerous and suspicious speed.

In a statement released on Sunday, the state police spokesman, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, said the recovered vehicle, a wine-coloured Mercedes GLK 350 4matic with registration number; Enugu ENU 484 JV was recovered and deposited for safekeeping at Area Command Headquarters in Uga.

Ikenga said, “On Thursday, August 3, 2023, at about 8.30 pm, a detachment of Police-led Forward Operating Base at Aguata while on patrol of Uga-Ezinifite Expressway, saw an SUV drive past at a terrible speed. Suspecting that they may be kidnappers with an abducted victim, the team went in pursuit.

Operatives of the Anambra State Police Command have recovered two pump action guns and a Mercedes Sports Utility Vehicle abandoned in a ditch by members of a suspected kidnapping gang.

A detachment of the police-led Forward Operating Base, while on patrol along the Uga-Ezinifite Expressway in Aguata Local Government Area of the state pursued the vehicle after the driver drove at a very dangerous and suspicious speed.

In a statement released on Sunday, the state police spokesman, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, said the recovered vehicle, a wine-coloured Mercedes GLK 350 4matic with registration number; Enugu ENU 484 JV was recovered and deposited for safekeeping at Area Command Headquarters in Uga.

Ikenga said, “On Thursday, August 3, 2023, at about 8.30 pm, a detachment of Police-led Forward Operating Base at Aguata while on patrol of Uga-Ezinifite Expressway, saw an SUV drive past at a terrible speed. Suspecting that they may be kidnappers with an abducted victim, the team went in pursuit.

“The commissioner enjoined the people in the neighbourhood not to harbour criminals but to turn them over to law enforcement agents in the interest of community safety,” Ikenga added.

https://punchng.com/anambra-police-recover-arms-vehicle-from-suspected-kidnappers/

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by talented321: 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2023
Normal'' this anambra sef'

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by BayLord01(m): 5:01am On Aug 07, 2023
I hope they go after them and not just celebrate the pump action as an achievement. NPF is working.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by jegaxe(m): 5:01am On Aug 07, 2023
Okay
Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by Fugazy2023: 5:02am On Aug 07, 2023
Honestly, I don't want to say what is in my mind. If I should say it, this whole thread will just scatter. But I don't want to chose violence this early morning.
I'll let this slide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by helinues: 5:03am On Aug 07, 2023
Good.

One criminal down, others should be wary
Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by KIDfurniture(m): 5:03am On Aug 07, 2023
shocked
Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by tuoyoojo(m): 5:04am On Aug 07, 2023
I am happy that the east is having good news nowadays. Road construction, dislodging of unknown gunmen the realisation that development that only occur in the atmosphere of peace

Weldone to the brave police

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by XtraFortunes: 5:05am On Aug 07, 2023
angry
Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by UselessBuharist: 5:07am On Aug 07, 2023
Buhari made kidnapping a lucrative business in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by Jones4190(m): 5:08am On Aug 07, 2023
obi boys are criminals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by Olarewaju89: 5:45am On Aug 07, 2023
You see that state, I have nothing to say about them again. undecided

Everything from that state is something else

Anambra Anambra Anambra undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by ipobarecriminals: 6:20am On Aug 07, 2023
grin cheesy EVANS peepz cheesy grin. Eluuups CRIMINALS from top to bottom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by BluntCrazeMan: 6:20am On Aug 07, 2023
This is it.

Call them what they are.

They are dammm’d kidnappers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by mytime24(f): 6:23am On Aug 07, 2023
Good👍 👍

1 Like

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by ecolime(m): 6:43am On Aug 07, 2023
Fugazy2023:
Honestly, I don't want to say what is in my mind. If I should say it, this whole thread will just scatter. But I don't want to chose violence this early morning.
I'll let this slide.
Empty your chest, nothing will scatter.

BTW, there is nothing you will say that is new under the heaven. We will just read it and move on to the next trending news in a giffy.
Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by bestman09(m): 8:03am On Aug 07, 2023
Maybe the kidnappers actually succeeded in taking the victim away and leaving the operational vehicle and the guns while the policemen ran away, only for the police to come back and claim that they chased them.

If only the police in Anambra state are as brave as the AVG guys (Anambra vigilante group), security situation would have been better.

The police always come to claim glory and give out press statements after the job has been done by the AVG boys.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by Fugazy2023: 8:23am On Aug 07, 2023
ecolime:

Empty your chest, nothing will scatter.

BTW, there is nothing you will say that is new under the heaven. We will just read it and move on to the next trending news in a giffy.

K
Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by YouAreNobody: 8:58am On Aug 07, 2023
bestman09:

Maybe the kidnappers actually succeeded in taking the victim away and leaving the operational vehicle and the guns while the policemen ran away, only for the police to come back and claim that they chased them.

If only the police in Anambra state are as brave as the AVG guys (Anambra vigilante group), security situation would have been better.

The police always come to claim glory and give out press statements after the job has been done by the AVG boys.
true talk. Anyone who read this post will know they're capping rubbish. You chased a car and the occupants parked and still escaped on foot with their victim? Isn't that the mother of all capping?
Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:03am On Aug 07, 2023
Esn?
NO valid ID for the Region for Now.
In a state of Pismapisma.. kumgagakumgaga
Re: Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers by ican2020: 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
Jones4190:
obi boys are criminals
You can now spin your hate but when they were talking about people that Boko killed slaves like you disappeared

(1) (Reply)

Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York / Ibrahim 'asalailul' Small Japron Is Not Dead - Cyberng / Portable Caught Stealing An Iphone And Disgraced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.