Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

What If Marriage Were Temporary - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If Marriage Were Temporary (11457 Views)

If Marriage Na Exam, You Go Enjoy Am More If / Family Of 3 Needs A Temporary Accommodation Calabar / Don't Let Young Boys Fool You Into Their Temporary Lust. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Solidkay(m): 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2023
Life would have been easier for men,

Forever world have been only by Choice.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by ajimo54(m): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
Chironks:
If marriage certificates were to expire like driver's licenses, would you renew yours?

Also, what would be your reason to renew or not renew?

Is it permanent before? It is temporary! If you are tired, u walk away. You dont even need any permission.

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by freetheking: 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
Chironks:
If marriage certificates were to expire like driver's licenses, would you renew yours?

I will renew it over and over again without minding the cost.

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by isabi2lof: 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
Over to those that are married

2 Likes

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Skillsnigeria: 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hmmm
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by sureinfo: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
God in heaven knows many people no go renew after the first 4 years grin

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Sandmaiden: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
Yes but sometimes I won't renew on time. Maybe like 6 months after expiration.

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Exceed15: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Don't be deceived. There's no marriage that couple haven't felt like splitting at one point or the other. A lot of couples are still in the marriage just for the children. Forget those paparazzi on social media. At home it is either hell or just managing the situation. To answer your question most people will not renew it?

3 Likes

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by PoliteActivist: 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Driver's license is not even supposed to expire but nigerians do not know their rights.

Secondly, the certificate is not the one fueling a marriage as there are marriages with no certificates and there are separations with marriage certificate. So it has no value.

Certificate may mean nothing to you but it is everything to the law. Without that piece of paper you can walk away anytime you wish. But with it, you have to go file papers, hire a lawyer, have a court case with several adjournments, etc before people who don't know you will decide if you can walk away or not, and under what conditions!
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Tizmamoney: 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by PoliteActivist: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
Exceed15:
Don't be deceived. There's no marriage that couple haven't felt like splitting at one point or the other. A lot of couples are still in the marriage just for the children. Forget those paparazzi on social media. At home it is either hell or just managing the situation. To answer your question most people will not renew it?

You are right, but not in the sense you think.
Marriage certificate is only a very small part of what forces people to stay in a marriage [and most people are "forced"]
A better question would be "If you had it to do over again would you marry exactly as you did?"

2 Likes

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by picaso313(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2023
Am amazed at the comments so far... Begining to wonder if all those plenty marriage wahala we see every day here are really from nairaland abit nah bloggers... Good to know marriages are still sweet

4 Likes

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Kcdojoto(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2023
Chironks:

CAPITAL NO, I won't renew mine
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by MemoriesAndMe: 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Driver's license is not even supposed to expire but nigerians do not know their rights.

Secondly, the certificate is not the one fueling a marriage as there are marriages with no certificates and there are separations with marriage certificate. So it has no value.

Driver's license expires in every country bro, even in the US. You always have to renew it.

It's marriage license they expect to be permanent. That's why many people don't want to get married, they prefer baby mamas.

To get a court marriage, you only need to sign 2 or 3 pages of paper in the courts, to get divorced when you have properties, money and kids, that's when both of you will start hiring lawyers and you will end up signing more than 50 pages of papers depending on how much property to be shared.

That's why many opt for pre-nuptial agreements before considering marriage

2 Likes

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by BirtherOfKings(f): 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
Chironks:

It's not so wake up and lie on d bed u made
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Omuuvwie(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
Renew ko Renew nii, How I wish it was temporary, I would have been too glad, I would have take off from the bondage that I am in at the moment all in the name of marriage.

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by DyingFetus: 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
Not yet married but if I ever marry a woman that loves me af bruh me and my woman die here

If I cheat , my woman dare not divorce because I go give am woto woto
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Chironks: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2023
merits:

Why won't I renew?

Can you share one word about your partner that will make you want to renew?
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Chironks: 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
nihinlade:
Yes, will renew months before expiry.

This is another good angle. Renewing before expiration.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Chironks: 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
Angelfrost:
If it were temporary, I would apply and pay for a lifetime extension... I'm married to one of a kind.

Having a kind partner is a huge blessing. Kindness is one of the most important factors in sustaining a healthy marriage, yet people rarely consider it.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Chironks: 5:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
Omoawoke:
This generation, marriage should be temporary

The idea that it should be a life time commitment is scary and even worse. It should not be irreversible.

Sometimes, some things don’t just meet our expectations, and not until you experience it before you realize it wasn’t just for you.

If it is temporary, it gives people less pressure and a happier life.
You can try it out, if you love it, extend the union and enjoy as long as it makes meaning.
If it is not for you, cut out and continue your search for happiness.
With this, you can marry early and try it out, you can take more risks rather than over calculating and facing series of pressure of getting it right with only one and last shot

This is why premarital coaching or counselling is here to help you manage your expectations and make better decisions.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Chironks: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
freetheking:
I will renew it over and over again without minding the cost.

You're lucky
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Chironks: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2023
sureinfo:
God in heaven knows many people no go renew after the first 4 years grin

lol
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Xvvav7h7: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
Yoo ! Got you litt with Proofs attached..

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by JonCina(m): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
Chironks:

Omo, to renew am go hard o!
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Ghoxt: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2023
I can't help but think of a first come, first serve situation.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Godfullsam(m): 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
I will not renew mine!

Though I have no reason to give.

Ayam married to a loving and caring wife. Someone I due consider myself lucky to marry.

But I still miss my privacy and bachelor life till date. Those days when only me will be in the house without any distraction whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Dtruthspeaker: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
MemoriesAndMe:

Driver's license expires in every country bro, even in the US. You always have to renew it.

I know my guy, i just hating the wrongness of it, for it is my right to own a car and drive it God's Land. It is not their land but God's Land which He gave to all of us to enjoy. So i am just angry at the fact that some fellow man like me says he'll permit me to drive on God's Land if i pay for his permission.(hope you know license means permission). So how can a fellow man be giving me permission for something which God has already given me as my right? Which kain madness be dat? My broda abeg i just dey vex.

MemoriesAndMe:

It's marriage license they expect to be permanent.

That is because they are still respecting that it is our right else, they would monetize it like they do for other non permanent things which are supposed to be permanent eg drivers license, passports, cac certificate, jamb certificate etc

MemoriesAndMe:

That's why many people don't want to get married, they prefer baby mamas.

To get a court marriage, you only need to sign 2 or 3 pages of paper in the courts, to get divorced when you have properties, money and kids, that's when both of you will start hiring lawyers and you will end up signing more than 50 pages of papers depending on how much property to be shared.

That's why many opt for pre-nuptial agreements before considering marriage

Today, both men and women have lost honour and integrity and faitfulness so distrust must breed between the couple, hence they cannot marry up to they should not marry.

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by FireUpNow(m): 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
No perfect marriage but I will renew mine because I love my wife and my kids. We are not perfect. I will always think about her good and positive sides.

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Dtruthspeaker: 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Certificate may mean nothing to you but it is everything to the law. Without that piece of paper you can walk away anytime you wish. But with it, you have to go file papers, hire a lawyer, have a court case with several adjournments, etc before people who don't know you will decide if you can walk away or not, and under what conditions!

That is because people do not fully know their rights, but funny enough they exercise it fully and there is nothing the certificate can do.

Rights does not come from certificates and constitutions, rights come from Nature (Natural Law). And it is the rights of a couple to marry and unmarry.

And in Natural Law the Courts only come in when there is a just violation of a party's right or innocent parties (children) are involved.

But the bandits in power have scattered everything and forced everyone with the threat of death to unlawfully submit to their commands via executive orders and constitutions etc
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by merits(m): 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
Chironks:

Can you share one word about your partner that will make you want to renew?

She's my real supporter no matter what?

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Angelfrost(m): 8:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
Chironks:

Having a kind partner is a huge blessing. Kindness is one of the most important factors in sustaining a healthy marriage, yet people rarely consider it.

Bless you for this... You've said it all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Marriage An Achievement?? / His Wife Always Ran away when ever they Exchange words (For Married people) / A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.