Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,083 members, 7,852,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks (23191 Views)

Niger: ECOWAS Delegation Meets Ousted Bazoum / Abdulsalami Abubakar-Led ECOWAS Delegation Arrives Niger To Meet Coup Leaders / UN, ECOWAS Condemn Attempted Coup In Guinea Bissau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by baralatie(m): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
maasoap:
Well, coupists won't listen. They will eventually be captured or put down in the long run
That is usually the storyline!
In the end the coupists cause trouble the cannot solve

1 Like

Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by hotseat: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
b4ball:

You must be living in delusion. The junta has rebuffed the US deputy Secretary of State Victoria nuland, rebuffed Nigeria in Abdulsalami and sultan, and also rebuffed the new Ecowas delegation. Reason is they are refusing to negotiate with those who imposed sanctions against them.

News is clearly on France24.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otbwDobMr3s

If poor Niger has the capacity and the wherewithal to ward off these bodies, only time will tell.

No be the day wey shukushuku shuck person e dey form pus o.

1 Like

Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Asad6ixty9: 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
Lovelyn451:
I know nigeriens are black like charcoal , why president come be white man

Minority Arabs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by poseidon12: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
Obaofaba:
Good!!!

The main reason I voted for the president is because he's the boss of all bosses, you can't remote control him.

He's not gonna be weakling president who's gonna be teleguided like some people's Messiah who's a poster boy for the Pandora paper.

Asiwaju got the balls and his balls are well and alive.

The 7 day ultimatum your imposter President gave has long gone. What are you guys still waiting for? You should be in Niger fighting to restore democracy.
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by alhajiabdulbuha: 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
Please my people help me. If a person from Nigeria is a Nigerian. What is a person from Niger republic called?
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by poseidon12: 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2023
cucumbar:
E get something wey the whites dey get from this Niger wey we never know o.

Nobody disturbed mali and bokinafaso why Niger.

It's the Uranium of course.
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by hotseat: 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
alhajiabdulbuha:
Please my people help me. If a person from Nigeria is a Nigerian. What is a person from Niger republic called?

Biafran!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by trespas: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
The delegation has been bounced.
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Bovis(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
aybabz101:
A lot of coups has been perpetrated in Nigeria with the citizens in full support and dancing on the streets......after few months, they will start to wail. Full crack-down on the media, no opposition, journalists deaths, no gathering of more than 20, atrocities by the army personnel etc. But y'all are happy that coup took place in Niger and some are praying for same to happen in Nigeria just because of hatred..... go and ask Malians and Guineans what they are facing now....

Hopefully, the Niger junta will come to a form of agreement....but military rule must be eradicated from Niger coz its gonna be one of the worst things to happen to Nigeria especially if this guy is sympathetic to this boko haram ideology.....

To the Russian sympathizers.....

The Russians, West and Chinese are here for their respective interests.....Just that Africans are so pathetic that the whole world is using their lands and destinies as playgrounds.....even Indians are colonizing us in our own land!.....

Wagner mercenaries are being paid in crude oil in Libya and paid in Gold in DRC..... if they come into Niger, they will be paid in Uranium and believe me, they wont let go of these assets.....at least not without a fight..... And from Niger, they will be tampering with our affairs here coz we are more tilted towards the west and these interference might be in form of funding radical sects.....!

One thing i know is that military in Niger must not stay coz i believe its a threat to Nigeria's security......

Well stated comrade, the sight of any military personnel (navy/army/airforce) in any government position is traumatising for me personally. IBB ordered his soldiers to break into my mom’s warehouse in 1985 to seize all the bags of rice
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by trespas: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
The delegation had been bounced!
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by HNICEARTH: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
baralatie:

It is not as easy as you put it!
Exiting ECOWAS will only put Niger into a very difficult corner that it does not want.
It automatically means its neighbors Chad,Mali,and co must block movement economically,militarily and all

Funny you. Mali and burkina faso no longer in ECOWAS. Their heads of miltary juntas dont attend ECOWAS meeting. Chad is not an ECOWAS member.
Scratch that

Niger is landlocked, surrounded by chad, libya, algeria, mali, burkina faso, benin and nigeria.
Except for southern nigeria and benin, every other entity bordering niger are sympathetic to niger either due to shared/similarities in culture, tongue or religion. So any successful hostility can only come via benin republic because even northern nigeria will sabotage any military incursion into niger.

Again try and study the african map before any further reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by fxexperts: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2023
aybabz101:
A lot of coups has been perpetrated in Nigeria with the citizens in full support and dancing on the streets......after few months, they will start to wail. Full crack-down on the media, no opposition, journalists deaths, no gathering of more than 20, atrocities by the army personnel etc. But y'all are happy that coup took place in Niger and some are praying for same to happen in Nigeria just because of hatred..... go and ask Malians and Guineans what they are facing now....

Hopefully, the Niger junta will come to a form of agreement....but military rule must be eradicated from Niger coz its gonna be one of the worst things to happen to Nigeria especially if this guy is sympathetic to this boko haram ideology.....

The Russians, West and Chinese are here for their respective interests.....Just that Africans are so pathetic that the whole world is using their lands and destinies as playgrounds.....even Indians are colonizing us in our own land!.....

Wagner mercenaries are being paid in crude oil in Libya and paid in Gold in DRC..... if they come into Niger, they will be paid in Uranium and believe me, they wont let go of these assets.....at least not without a fight..... And from Niger, they will be tampering with our affairs here coz we are more tilted towards the west and these interference might be in form of funding radical sects.....!

One thing i know is that military in Niger must not stay coz i believe its a threat to Nigeria's security......

You are wise. please knock some sense to those children of hate head.
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Elsueno: 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
Wetin UN dey do for dat délégation, so Ecowas & AU no fit wipe thier own a## without westeners.....Hypocritical UN dat is highly pro Nato & would do anything to please thier masters in U.S & E.U....metchw
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by ken6488(m): 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
Fifthaout:
One thing is certain - the junta CANNOT stand.

After all diplomatic options have been exhausted, the military option will be overwhelming approved by all and sundry.

Only piiiggs... will be left standing with the junta cheesy
unfortunately for you the population support them an attack on Niger will be seen a threat to their sovereignty
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by ken6488(m): 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
Racoon:
Military coup plotters are not jokers.
only thing possible is the president going on an exile
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by ken6488(m): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
raskymonojendor:
The pressure is too much on the coupist.

The US was in Niamey yesterday too.

If after everything the coupist say no, drones might move in to Niamey.
to do what colonize them? Wagner is now in Niger
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by ken6488(m): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2023
raskymonojendor:

AU also gave an ultimatum that expires the end of this week.

Niger republic is very poor and 40% of its budget is financed by foreign aid (AU, ECOWAS and the west)

Remember Nigeria recently built a rail system for Niger and also bought them military vehicles. That's how poor that country is.
and you want them to return back to France influence
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Elsueno: 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2023
aybabz101:

Exactly!!! D main issue with this 🇳🇪 thing was tinubu & Ecowas spoke too soon of using force...d smart thing to do is negotiate for now till d people start turning against d coup leaders( dis would surely happen) cause despite what these guys say & how guilty d French are, this coup is mostly for personal interest..Support & ovation is too high for Ecowas to do shyt without being seen as a westen puppet
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by ken6488(m): 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2023
maasoap:
Well, coupists won't listen. They will eventually be captured or put down in the long run
by who?
Once I saw how the population supported them nothing will happen
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by HNICEARTH: 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
Obaofaba:

Only the legitimately elected leaders can do that not impostors.

I dare you to carry arms and then announce that your region has exited Nigeria let's see what happens.

They have exited, and have announced a prime minister today and you cant do jerk bout it. Get your life together and move on. Stop wanking off to niger

Dare me in what capacity? undecided clown
Do I look like some arm wielding goon to you? You must be on colos! Better get your shit together pee brain

As a matter of fact, dude gather your low life pathetic self and crawl back to the bedraggled cubicle you crept out from. Airhead undecided

Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Commandoabdul(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Who are they? is it not these corrupt old men. You cant hold each countries when the citizens are suffering in the hand of bad leadership.
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by baralatie(m): 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
HNICEARTH:

Funny you. Mali and burkina faso no longer in ECOWAS. Their heads of miltary juntas dont attend ECOWAS meeting. Chad is not an ECOWAS member.
Scratch that

Niger is landlocked, surrounded by chad, libya, algeria, mali, burkina faso, benin and nigeria.
Except for southern nigeria and benin, every other entity bordering niger are sympathetic to niger either due to shared/similarities in culture, tongue or religion. So any successful hostility can only come via benin republic because even northern nigeria will sabotage any military incursion into niger.

Again try and study the african map before any further reply.
Do you think that these countries will join Niger to exit ECOWAS!
Definitely not?
Do you now think that these countries you mentioned are still not in a relationship and still receiving funding from the west despite being under military juntas?it is clear as daylight
So the concept that Niger would want to exit ECOWAS is a far imagination.

No when it comes to a military action(which from the onset I find very strange).
The real question is from where did that concept come from..??
Who would gain from a military action in ECOWAS?
The first problem ECOWAS had was allowing the unseating of gadaffi in libya.it literally affected nigeria.the Libyan conflict did not affect Algeria,morrocco, but from all that way it affected Nigeria??
Definitely something else is at play?
I don't want to highlight the problems the francophone countries in ECOWAS created for Nigeria!
So when you look at the current problem that Mali,Burkina Faso,Chad,nigeriare involved in insurgency battles.
You now want a military action at your doorstep? Is that not asking for a drc situation or a Ukrainian problem?

Note:the western military are still in Niger!

2 Likes

Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hole them up in one room without vent and teargas them to submission... where were they when 90% of Nigeriens are extremely made poor by their disposed president
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Arielle: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
Obaofaba:
Good!!!

The main reason I voted for the president is because he's the boss of all bosses, you can't remote control him.

He's not gonna be weakling president who's gonna be teleguided like some people's Messiah who's a poster boy for the Pandora paper.

F.vcking illiterate
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Kukutente23: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
Obaofaba:
Good!!!

He's a western puppet
All his policies are pro-West
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by HNICEARTH: 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
baralatie:

Do you think that these countries will join Niger to exit ECOWAS!
Definitely not?
Do you now think that these countries you mentioned are still not in a relationship and still receiving funding from the west despite being under military juntas?it is clear as daylight
So the concept that Niger would want to exit ECOWAS is a far imagination.

No when it comes to a military action(which from the onset I find very strange).
The real question is from where did that concept come from..??
Who would gain from a military action in ECOWAS?
The first problem ECOWAS had was allowing the unseating of gadaffi in libya.it literally affected nigeria.the Libyan conflict did not affect Algeria,morrocco, but from all that way it affected Nigeria??
Definitely something else is at play?
I don't want to highlight the problems the francophone countries in ECOWAS created for Nigeria!
So when you look at the current problem that Mali,Burkina Faso,Chad,nigeriare involved in insurgency battles.
You now want a military action at your doorstep? Is that not asking for a drc situation or a Ukrainian problem?

Read my comment again for the purpose of clarity.
Nowhere in that comment did I state that I support military action, infact my comments are against military action.

2ndly, mali and burkina faso have long cut ties with the west and sanctions have been imposed on them. Niger is just following suit. Algeria and chad are never part of ECOWAS. now you have niger, mali and burkina faso also not attending ECOWAS meetings. What else do you need from them to tell you that they are no longer part of the regional block.

Nigerian president visited benin last week. It was a diplomatic visit. Personally I believe that visit was to sought collaboration on alternative route for military action in niger because benin also shares border with niger.

However, ECOWAS and Nigerian president all in the name of pleasing the west were too hasty in talking about military actions. You are concerned about military coup but act unconcerned about actions that lead to military coup. Imagine what's happening in Cameroon, shouldn't that be of concern? Eventually when the military strikes, ECOWAS will end up condemning it. Why not face the problem now and trash it out before the military takes action.

Moreover, it makes no sense to start a war at your own border. The US and Russia share borders but in all their hostilities, they have never squared up against each other directly. They only fight on foreign land.they know what they are doing
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Codes151(m): 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
What UN ?

These Africans. Smh
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by slowice(m): 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
Dude called tilumbu's bluff
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Dennisbulkan: 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2023
cucumbar:
E get something wey the whites dey get from this Niger wey we never know o.

Nobody disturbed mali and bokinafaso why Niger.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VzfrvfoM2Cs&feature=share9
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Dennisbulkan: 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
Fifthaout:

After all diplomatic options have been exhausted, the military option will be overwhelming approved by all and sundry.

You're ignorant.

Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by Dennisbulkan: 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
Fifthaout:

You're ignorant.
Re: AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks by shimolv: 9:07pm On Aug 08, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Snake Festival In East India (photos) / ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership / Many Abandon Their Homes As Magnitude 5.7 Earthquake Hits Istanbul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.