Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:03 AM

Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability (7042 Views)

I Need Candid Advice On Cocoa Farming / Ghana Government To Ban Fishing In Ghana On August 7 / Do U Need Product Source On Cocoa, Bitter Cola And Cashew Nut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by successmatters(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Where have u been to in Ondo state and I'll tell u where the cocoa plantation is

Mention 2 and I'll list out 10 rural areas where exclusive cocoa planting and harvesting goes on nonstop...Places where they hire Laborers from Benue and kogi indigenes to come work there on yearly basis... I mean they work on that farm for a period of 12months nonstop

Lets start

Owo,
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by BoldBrainz(m): 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2023
successmatters:

Even Rivers state.

Rivers no dey top 10 cocoa producing states for Naija abeg grin!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by FreeStuffsNG: 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
MEEVEET:

Stop misleading yourself and the public with what you think but you are obviously ignorant of.

Cocoa's home is Yorubaland. Not anywhere else in Nigeria. It is even naive to suggest cross whatever if you know why Cocoa made Yorubaland its home.

Only a briefcase farmer will say cocoa farm is grown successfully in great commercial quantities outside Yorubaland. We own, eat drink and breath cocoa. If you have been privileged to see where cocoa farms are in Yorubaland, you will not even come online to give fake news or think otherwise for just a second. Just stay on what you know it's embarrassing to give fake news just because you "think".

Hardly will you find a Yoruba family that it's extended family will not currently have or must have had a cocoa farm plantation. And if they have sold it, they will sell to another Yoruba family and not to outsiders.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by BoldBrainz(m): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
successmatters:

Will they agree?

Let's be dragging forward, even with our bellies.

Outside onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cabbage, lettuce and red meat, I sincerely don't know what the North brings to the Nigerian table. Yet, our resources down South are being commandeered and sold, for the parasitic North to be fed and built with the proceeds, and the ungrateful bastards never get to appreciate the goodwill..

Let's divide this contraption so all regions can develop at their own pace, make North starve. Unhinged cows!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by BoldBrainz(m): 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Stop misleading yourself and the public with what you think but you are obviously ignorant of.

Cocoa's home is Yorubaland. Not anywhere else in Nigeria. It is even naive to suggest cross whatever if you know why Cocoa made Yorubaland its home.

Only a briefcase farmer will say cocoa farm is grown successfully in great commercial quantities outside Yorubaland. We own, eat drink and breath cocoa. If you have been privileged to see where cocoa farms are in Yorubaland, you will not even come online to give fake news or think otherwise for just a second. Just stay on what you know it's embarrassing to give fake news just because you "think".

Now you're talking nonsense.

So only Yorubaland grows cocoa in commercial quantities? Tunde, if you're not opportune to travel to other States in your country, at least use your free airtel megabytes to research and gather knowledge off the internet. No dey waka dey shame your people the way Ebola is doing at Aso rock!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by FreeStuffsNG: 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Now you're talking nonsense.

So only Yorubaland grows cocoa in commercial quantities? Tunde, if you're not opportune to travel to other States in your country, at least use your free airtel megabytes to research and gather knowledge off the internet. No dey waka dey shame your people the way Ebola is doing at Aso rock!

BoldBrainz:

Outside onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cabbage, lettuce and red meat, I sincerely don't know what the North brings to the Nigerian table. Yet, our resources down South are being commandeered and sold, for the parasitic North to be fed and built with the proceeds, and the ungrateful bastards never get to appreciate the goodwill..

Let's divide this contraption so all regions can develop at their own pace, make North starve. Unhinged cows!
You must really think you are anonymous with all these your hate filled, treasonable and bigotry-laden insults and derogatory words you post here against Northerners and Nigerians who are not from your tribe all the time. Smh.

You obviously have not read the law that has exposed all your details to any organisation and security agencies doing background checks on you. It's a shame that you are so so reckless and naive.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by BoldBrainz(m): 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You must really think you are anonymous with all these your hate filled, treasonable and bigotry-laden insults and derogatory words you post here against Northerners and Nigerians who are not from your tribe all the time. Smh.

You obviously have not read the law that has exposed all your details to any organisation and security agencies doing background checks on you.

Cowardice is a Yoruba trait. It has never had a place in the South South. Anonymity or not, I'll repeat what words I use here anytime and anywhere the circumstances demand it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by FreeStuffsNG: 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Cowardice is a Yoruba trait. It has never had a place in the South South. Anonymity or not, I'll repeat what words I use here anytime and anywhere the circumstances demand it.
It's just unfortunate that your poor parents right now have no idea that you are indulging in crime of cyberbullying and criminal defamation as full time activity.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by 7lives: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
Osariemen12:
Talk is cheap. No one comes close to Cote d'Ivoire in cocoa and coffee production.

Nigeria use to be number one in cocoa production, I don't know much about coffee.
You have problem with Nigeria reclaiming her top spot?.
Cocoa farmers, good days are here again, may this new development favour me and my family.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by BoldBrainz(m): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's just unfortunate that your poor parents right now have no idea that you are indulging in crime of cyberbullying and criminal defamation as full time activity.

You're ment!

What is criminal defamation about putting honest words to facts that are in the public glare? If you're not looking to be unfortunate, you won't throw the "cyberbullying" concept around, even in cases where it doesn't apply.

Your president is a thief and a certificate forger. The north is a parasite hung up on the scrotal sac of the flourishing South. Those are well established facts and if you don't like it, you can relocate to Sokoto and give the cows there your sympathy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by FreeStuffsNG: 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You're ment!

What is criminal defamation about putting honest words to facts that are in the public glare? If you're not looking to be unfortunate, you won't throw the "cyberbullying" concept around, even in cases where it doesn't apply.

Your president is a thief and a certificate forger. The north is a parasite hung up on the scrotal sac of the flourishing South. Those are well established facts and if you don't like it, you can relocate to Sokoto and give the cows there your sympathy.
As you are not aware,I am helping you put much of your digital footprints of cyberbullying and criminal defamation here.

The good thing is that you will not know when and where it will be used. You are young, reckless and naive wink
You must think this Bayo Onanuga's post is a joke.smh

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by 7lives: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I'm a Cross riverian, but this your assertion is wrong.

Ondo produces about 77,000 metric tonnes of cocoa beans annually, making it the highest cocoa producing state in Nigeria.

Osun state follows closely with approximately 70,000 metric tonnes.

Cross River occupies the third spot with about 65,000 metric tonnes.

That Osun state Cocoa is sitting on a heavy deposits of Gold, second only to the one in South Africa.
IBB tried to pay #1.30k per cocoa tree so that mining can start, dem grand pas' resisted.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by raskymonojendor: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2023
Brek:

You literally have a rising fuel price despite being an fuel producing country
Go get lost abeg
Same applies in the USA and Canada despite both countries producing more fuel than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by BoldBrainz(m): 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
As you are not aware,I am helping you put much of your digital footprints of cyberbullying and criminal defamation here.

The good thing is that you will not know when and where it will be used. You are young, reckless and naive wink
You must think this Bayo Onanuga's post is a joke.smh

grin grin.

See as I dey laugh this one! I used to think the zombies who spent 8years singing Buhari's praise were the scum of the earth, until Tinubu unveiled his nairaland team of followers to push his propaganda.

You're helping me compile my internet footprints to use build a case of cyberbullying against me in the days ahead? Please, be very deliberate and committed to the task. Follow me on all threads and be certain to have very detailed accounts of my comments and responses.

Calling you foolish is going to be an insult to the congregation of APC apologists prowling the internet day in and out, walahi!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by BoldBrainz(m): 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2023
7lives:

That Osun state Cocoa is sitting on a heavy deposits of Gold, second only to the one in South Africa.
IBB tried to pay #1.30k per cocoa tree so that mining can start, dem grand pas' resisted.

Well, I'm not particularly informed about the gold deposits in Osun State. But I know for a certainty that Niger State has gold in commercial quantities. From Gurara LGA, to Shiroro, etc. And the quality of the gold in Niger is rumored to best what's in Zamfara.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2023
successmatters:

They just don't make too much noise about it. They are not chest beaters like SW people.

There's nothing like Chestbeat, Last i checked, It was an Igbo man that opened a thread this morning to hail one Anambra automobile investor called Cocharis abi wetin be the name sef

My point is, Stats to back up his claim that Imo and Abia are major producer...Stats isnt chest beat and if u dont know this, Then u have to read up on statistical analysis

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by 7lives: 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Well, I'm not particularly informed about the gold deposits in Osun State. But I know for a certainty that Niger State has gold in commercial quantities. From Gurara LGA, to Shiroro, etc. And the quality of the gold in Niger is rumored to best what's in Zamfara.

Google search this info, infact those grandpas dragged IBB to court to stop forceful acquisition.
IBB later offered #3 but the grandpa's still said no, some of even asked the government lawyers how they will feel, if their grandparents sold generational wealth for #3.00.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by baralatie(m): 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
Osariemen12:
Talk is cheap. No one comes close to Cote d'Ivoire in cocoa and coffee production.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Brek: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

So when u heard about removal of fuel subsidy, U actually expected the fuel price to automatically come down to 23naira per liter in barely 2months after

U must be an Igbo person...You thought process says it all cheesy cheesy
Shut up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Osariemen12: 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2023
7lives:

Nigeria use to be number one in cocoa production, I don't know much about coffee.
You have problem with Nigeria reclaiming her top spot?.
Cocoa farmers, good days are here again, may this new development favour me and my family.

That's when Nigeria was a country to reckon on. Since then, other countries have progressed in all sectors. The reverse is the case for Nigeria. I bet you that industries in Nigeria that depend on cocoa for production will import cocoa into this country in the next ten years. It's not my wish, but it is a reality.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Osariemen12: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2023
That's when Nigeria was a country to reckon on. Since then, other countries have progressed in all sectors. The reverse is the case for Nigeria. I bet you that industries in Nigeria that depend on cocoa for production will import cocoa into this country in the next ten years. It's not my wish, but it is a reality. Presently, Cote d'Ivoire's development trajectory is upward, that of Nigeria is downward.
Ikaeniyan0:
In the 60's and early 70's, Nigeria also lead but was overtaken by another country. Ivory coast can be overtaken
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by waynetee(m): 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2023
People are planting cocoa like mad now
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Ola9ja23: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
donbachi:
For petroleum wetin come out?

You are free to have negative wishes for Nigeria but we patriotic Nigerians will keep praying and working for the progress our dear country while your evil thinking manifest in your Dot in a circle republic
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by MetaFiles230709: 7:52am On Aug 09, 2023
On your knees, get set...
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Blaze14k: 7:52am On Aug 09, 2023
Nigeria is a country were they announce something before they achieve it
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2023
welcoming development
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by jaxxy(m): 7:54am On Aug 09, 2023
propaganda will not improve exchange rate.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Ikemba007: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2023
Good one.

We should also start manufacturing and exporting chocolate. Time we step up beyond selling out cocoa and importing chocolate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Igboslayer: 7:59am On Aug 09, 2023
successmatters:

They just don't make too much noise about it. They are not chest beaters like SW people.
Na everything dem take cheat una, even for cocoa production. Tell us the quantity Igbo state dey produce. Una just like wahala.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by wink2015(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2023
The mindset of the federal government is too concentrated in Petroleum ( Crude oil and gas )

They are not serious about Agriculture.

It is all lip service from Federal government, State government and Local government including the private sector.

The past military government we have had in Nigeria prefer the money coming from crude oil sale.

So they focus their attention on the crude oil and neglecting Agriculture.

When the politician came they continued that mindset.

Crude oil sale gives quick money.

Pump the crude oil from its sources put it in barrels and sell to European, American and Asian countries.

But Agriculture is more time consuming, more laborious in nature and the government do not want that kind of business.

However, the reality is presenting itself with the depleting revenue coming in from crude oil.

NIGERIA MUST START INVESTING IN MECHANISED AGRICULTURE ESPECIALLY THE NORTHERN STATES WHERE THEY HAVE A LARGE LAND MASS.

ANY NIGERIAN PRESIDENT STILL WAITING FOR CRUDE OIL MONEY TO IMPROVE ON OUR REVENUE BASE ARE DAY DREAMING.

The federal government of Nigeria must cut down on the HIGH COST OF GOVERNANCE.

HIGH COST OF GOVERNANCE IS AFFECTING ALL THE 36 STATES INCLUDING ABUJA FCT.

Corruption by the political class is seriously affecting development in Nigeria.

Money meant for investment to create opportunity and deliver on social services to the citizenry are looted by the politicians in Nigeria.

The government must also invest in the solid mineral sectors.

In most of the Northern states, illegal mining has become a common habit and the federal government and its security agencies are not taking action against illegal miners.

In Niger republic for example, they found Uranium and that is what the French are fighting to be in control and they are pushing ECOWAS states like Nigeria to go and fight the junta there so that they can be in charge of the uranium that belongs to the Nigerien people.

The crisis in Niger republic is not about the restoration of democracy in Niger republic.

It is about fight for the control of the mineral resources of Niger republic.

But the United States and France that had their troops there are making ECOWAS states and their government to believe that it is the fight for democratic governance.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by sweetkev(m): 8:13am On Aug 09, 2023
donbachi:
For petroleum wetin come out?
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / AfDB Approves $1.5 Billion Emergency Food Facility For Famers / 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.