Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,102 members, 7,849,437 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:37 PM

Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability (7034 Views)

I Need Candid Advice On Cocoa Farming / Ghana Government To Ban Fishing In Ghana On August 7 / Do U Need Product Source On Cocoa, Bitter Cola And Cashew Nut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Etranshub(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2023
Nigeria is so blessed, we are not supposed to be poor at all but bad leadership has ruined us to the gutters... I pray God will return our captivities
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by sweetkev(m): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2023
Ola9ja23:

You are free to have negative wishes for Nigeria but we patriotic Nigerians will keep praying and working for the progress our dear country while your evil thinking manifest in your Dot in a circle republic
So anybody that says the truth is from the East. Your divide and rules tactics will never work. Stupid APC agents that would rather see people suffer all because of peanut you received from your corrupt paymasters.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by patrickmuf(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2023
MEEVEET:

I don't think that's correct... I think it's cross river

But yes Ondo has the best cocoa species

A lot of people think cocoa is mostly produced in South West...

Cross river, Abia and IMO are major cocoa producers too
Let him stroll down to Ikom, Boki and Etung LGAs of Cross River State and see how small boys are making millions from Cocoa farming.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Entanglement: 8:56am On Aug 09, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Outside onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cabbage, lettuce and red meat, I sincerely don't know what the North brings to the Nigerian table. Yet, our resources down South are being commandeered and sold, for the parasitic North to be fed and built with the proceeds, and the ungrateful bastards never get to appreciate the goodwill..

Let's divide this contraption so all regions can develop at their own pace, make North starve. Unhinged cows!
but your abbado head people can't do without red meat undecided
Where did you think most of the red meat and pomo are transported to?
Is it not to feed ya 🌽 head! angry

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Litmus: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
In the 60's and early 70's, Nigeria also lead but was overtaken by another country. Ivory coast can be overtaken

Number 1 producers in the world, Nigeria was. I read Nigeria actually deliberately cut back cocoa production on discovery of oily so that Ghana and Cote D'ivoirein could have a larger share of the market. Through selective buying and advising of third world nations on what cash crops to grow, the West engineered a situation that resulted in a glut of cocoa on spot market negatively impacting price.

Nigeria is a great Nation grossly underappreciated by Africa nations it has helped as well as by her citizens.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by tctrills: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2023
Moferere:

Illiterate Peoples of Biafra will not see anything good in Nigeria.
Children of hate
Oga if you love Nigeria as you claim and yet you don't see how APC has made it a living hell then you are the one with problems not the Biafrans.
Your country is now the world's capital for unemployment yet you choose to attack the Biafrans and not your leaders. People like you are our real problem.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by MrsTwrite(f): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2023
Good for Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by tctrills: 9:03am On Aug 09, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Ondo says Hi to this
Ondo state have more cocoa plantation in Sq Kilometer than than the total available land mass in Anambra for whatever
Yes, Anambra is not a farming state. It's a leader in trade and the no 1 state in SMEs in Nigeria. That's actually a beautiful thing you know. One state is good in cocoa production and another state is great in trade.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by lexy2014: 9:08am On Aug 09, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Ondo says Hi to this
Ondo state have more cocoa plantation in Sq Kilometer than than the total available land mass in Anambra for whatever

How has that put nigeria ahead of Ghana and Ivory coast in cocoa production?
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by walozanga(m): 9:08am On Aug 09, 2023
successmatters:

Ondo will need about 60 years to catch up to the least developed parts of Anambra.

You are 100% right
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by BoldBrainz(m): 9:10am On Aug 09, 2023
Entanglement:
but your abbado head people can't do without red meat undecided
Where did you think most of the red meat and pomo are transported to?
Is it not to feed ya 🌽 head! angry

Now that the android phone meant for the community youths has finally gotten to your turn, instead of you to use it for productive purposes, you prefer to come here and show the world how much of a cow you can be.

Adamu, make sure you don't forget where you dropped your transistor radio o! You'll need it for your 1pm prayers while in the bush with your neighbourhood cows .
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by walozanga(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2023
tctrills:

Oga if you love Nigeria as you claim and yet you don't see how APC has made it a living hell then you are the one with problems not the Biafrans.
Your country is now the world's capital for unemployment yet you choose to attack the Biafrans and not your leaders. People like you are our real problem.

His type just exist without a positive purpose in life. Envy is what is killing him.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Chetas81(m): 9:12am On Aug 09, 2023
Moferere:

Children of hate
whoever tackle this tinubu, will be ipob member, and you don't consider yourself been sick
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by naturefellow(m): 9:13am On Aug 09, 2023
successmatters:
grin
Ondo people used to produce a lot of cocoa, but something else is yielding more money for them now.
Mining.
Don't be an idiot. Spend more time studying than being online.
Ondo state is closest supplier of cocoa to factories in Ogun and Lagos. It's noted on the pack of Dune and Loom, Nigerian chocolate brands.

https://web.facebook.com/dune.ngr/posts/176968220435913/

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by EmperorCaesar(m): 9:17am On Aug 09, 2023
tctrills:

Yes, Anambra is not a farming state. It's a leader in trade and the no 1 state in SMEs in Nigeria. That's actually a beautiful thing you know. One state is good in cocoa production and another state is great in trade.

No 1 trade in SME?
According to Statisense and NBS, Lagos is number 1 and Rivers 2, Ogun 3

Bring your source to debunk this claim...I'm not your average Igbo person that believes in Beer palor gist over real life statistical data set
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by tctrills: 9:47am On Aug 09, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

No 1 trade in SME?
According to Statisense and NBS, Lagos is number 1 and Rivers 2, Ogun 3

Bring your source to debunk this claim...I'm not your average Igbo person that believes in Beer palor gist over real life statistical data set
Oga please link to your source. You can't just say according to Statisense without linking to it.
I am actually quoting from the formal minister of trade and he is in the best position to know.
And unlike you, I can link to my source.
https://twitter.com/AGT/status/1689091142770704384
It seems you are the drunk one with beer palor gist instead of actual links from Statisense
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by jegaxe(m): 10:52am On Aug 09, 2023
I have been to rural Ondo a lot, didn't see much cocoa plantation, didn't even see one.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by 7demons: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Where have u been to in Ondo state and I'll tell u where the cocoa plantation is

Mention 2 and I'll list out 10 rural areas where exclusive cocoa planting and harvesting goes on nonstop...Places where they hire Laborers from Benue and kogi indigenes to come work there on yearly basis... I mean they work on that farm for a period of 12months nonstop

Lets start
So how much are they paid?? Peanuts
Or N33,000 minimum wage?
You people are only good at bragging. HQ of propaganda.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Kazeem47(m): 11:23am On Aug 09, 2023
successmatters:
grin

Ondo people used to produce a lot of cocoa, but something else is yielding more money for them now.

Mining.
No vawulence please.Put your Helmet on.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by lexy2014: 11:30am On Aug 09, 2023
Litmus:

Number 1 producers in the world, Nigeria was. I read Nigeria actually deliberately cut back cocoa production on discovery of oily so that Ghana and Cote D'ivoirein could have a larger share of the market. Through selective buying and advising of third world nations on what cash crops to grow, the West engineered a situation that resulted in a glut of cocoa on spot market negatively impacting price.

Nigeria is a great Nation grossly underappreciated by Africa nations it has helped as well as by her citizens.

Where was it that you read that nigeria deliberately cut back on cocoa production for the sake of Ghana and Ivory coast?

How did Nigeria do the "cutting back"?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by joba4luv: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2023
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Iluvmycontr3: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

https://businessday.ng/agriculture/article/nigeria-set-to-overtake-ivory-coast-ghana-on-cocoa-sustainability/

Set to overtake indeed.

With the given stats, Nigeria is far behind her counterparts yet.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Atule02(m): 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Oya naa, go price tea for market.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Judolisco(m): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Ondo is the largest producer of Cocoa in Nigeria's cocoa hub of Yorubaland and the whole of Nigeria
saw some trees 2 in Ekiti during service infact I went to some cocoa farms.... Alot of palm trees unhavested d youths prefer to fornicate and drink palmwine... We must really go back to agriculture...
They plant a lot of cassava though and guide their cashew nuts with charms
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by nakaman: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

They hate is in their heart boldly reflects in their region
The stagnancy there is too high for a region in Nigeria in the year 2023
Stagnancy?

I bet you have never been to the east
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by Exceed15: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2023
Moferere:

Children of hate

How will it affect the average Nigerians positively? Even u no get taste am. The proceed will be shared amongst themselves.
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by EmperorCaesar(m): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2023
nakaman:

Stagnancy?

I bet you have never been to the east

where i dey live?

Bro, talk another thing

In fact, this morning, na Chinua Achebe Ogidi for Anambra state i dey...Not too far from onitsha
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by lexylaw40: 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2023
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by lexylaw40: 10:26am On Aug 21, 2023
Re: Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability by billyG(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31
BoldBrainz:

Well, I'm not particularly informed about the gold deposits in Osun State. But I know for a certainty that Niger State has gold in commercial quantities. From Gurara LGA, to Shiroro, etc. And the quality of the gold in Niger is rumored to best what's in Zamfara.
No wonder bandits are active in Niger state

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We’ll Convert Fuel Irrigation Pumps To Renewable Energy, Tinubu Assures Farmers / My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / AfDB Approves $1.5 Billion Emergency Food Facility For Famers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.