Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? (13565 Views)

Xiaomi Fires 900 Employees, To Slash 15% Of Jobs Globally / Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. / Buying Of Jobs How True Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by sacajawea: 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7795243/pay-get-dream-job

Looking at this thread, it made me thinking of something and ask the question?
Had this been the norm since the eighties or 90's? Or it became a standardised norm in the 2000s with Obasanjo's democracy coming
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by fieryblitz(m): 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2023
sacajawea:

Had this been the norm since the eighties or 90's? Or it became a standardised norm in the 2000s with Obasanjo's democracy coming
Nigeria have this middle man culture since before the 1914 marriage of protectorates i.e Opobo blocking the British from accessing the interior. In present times, our government unknowingly or knowingly created avenues for arbitrage in most sectors of the economy, FX rates, petrol subsidy, job racketeering etc.

22 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by sacajawea: 7:09am On Aug 09, 2023
fieryblitz:
Nigeria have this middle man culture since before the 1914 marriage of protectorates i.e Opobo blocking the British from accessing the interior. In present times, our government unknowingly or knowingly created avenues for arbitrage in most sectors of the economy, FX rates, petrol subsidy, job racketeering etc.
Loooool, we know we know
But let's specifically talk of government Jobs, this standard today that I know has existed for Over 20years now.
unavailability of Jobs for graduates was not a thing in the 1970's, so I believe it became a thing in the 80's.
But When exactly did it become entrenched and a pervasive accepted standard?
I just would really like to know.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by fieryblitz(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2023
sacajawea:

Loooool, we know we know
Buy let's specifically talk of government Jobs, thjs standard today that I know has existed for Iver 20years now.
unavailability of Jobs for graduates was not a thing in the 1970's, so I believe it became a thing in the 80's.
When exactly did it become entrenched and a pervasive accepted standard?
I just would really like to know.
Well, let's agree it started when supply of graduates don dey pass demands (Jobs). And we tend to have a bandwagon approach to opportunities, fish farming, make up artistry craze, tech boom, poultry farming, crypto, MMM and japa. We tend to oversupply most of the time thereby quickly saturating available opportunities.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by sacajawea: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7640724/no-connection-no-fg-job

Another thread about it has come to FP again, within a space of few days

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Administration1: 11:48am On Aug 09, 2023
It's been on for ages

6 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Nice2023(m): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2023
sacajawea:

Buying of jobs started long ago.

In fact,Federal civil service commission in Abuja is another place where job racketeering is rife and still continues till this day.

Federal character commission is just a tip of the iceberg when compared to Federal civil service commission.

When it comes to job corruption,that place stinks.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Jennyclay(f): 11:49am On Aug 09, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by erai30(m): 11:49am On Aug 09, 2023
This has been going on for a long time, but it's getting worse by the day with greedy people everywhere.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Neochemist: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2023
fieryblitz:

Arbitrage only exist when there’s a supply/demand mismatch.

I like your thoughts though.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by UnfairLife7(m): 11:49am On Aug 09, 2023
Nawa
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by adonainana: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2023
It’s been around as long as corruption as been around

The only difference is news and work practices is much globalised now than before .

Apart from job buying

What about nepotism, bribery, do you think they generate and end up rewarding people based on their merits

Job buying isn’t new bro

5 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Akfrenzy(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2023
grin SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by LilleG(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2023
Administration1:
It's been on for ages
SMH. Nigeria has a long way to go o
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by ednut1(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2023
Those paying for the jobs are worse than those selling. Became more prominent in the early 2000s. Was coded in the past.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by maxjax(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2023
Since 19XX grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by SpatialKing(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2023
More reason we need a new path in governance

I don't blame Niger Republic coup plotters
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by oluwaseyi0: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2023
before 1960

our population explosion make job even more difficukt to get

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by talented321: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2023
My man it is been long ago

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2023
Them born you yesterday ?
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2023
Since the beginning of God's creation. I remember we called it Long Leg whilst growing up in the 1980s and it comes in different shades. Mind you this development happens everywhere and at all levels in both public service and private enterprises. I remember when two Arts Graduate children of a high-up soldier were given appointments in a Commercial Bank. One studied Religious Studies and the second, Linguistics. This decay began years ago. The States too, are redoubts of this evil. How many States have Tenders Board these days for example? It's incorrect focusing on the federal government all the time.

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by gerrardomendes(m): 11:55am On Aug 09, 2023
You go explain tire
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by chrisifeanyi: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2023
Anything is possible in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2023
sacajawea:

Ask Google.
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by meum: 11:57am On Aug 09, 2023
When the job market was commissioned. Buying & selling had to start.
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by JayDaily2: 11:58am On Aug 09, 2023
Are you seriously asking this?

Are you a Nigerian at all?
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Ernesthugo(m): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2023
ANCIENT OF DAYS
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by simfrost90210: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2023
JAMB Question
Abeg let Mmesoma come and answer this!
She suppose give accurate answer grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Hamachi(f): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2023
Ugo
Ugo
Ugo
How many times did I call you?
Ernesthugo:
SCAMMER
Be guided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Else Received This Text????? / African Development Bank (AFDB) Job Recruitment 2017 (15 Positions) / Apply For Andela Learning 2017 Program – Learn Android Development For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.