Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,401 members, 7,846,693 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . (28174 Views)

Unavailability Of Result: What Are My Chances If I Sue A School For This Reason? / 2022 Waec Held Results Update� / My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Bosch10(m): 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:
. Thank you ,I want to go and verify with him about other students results at the Centre to know if all were withheld .Right Now ,I couldn't go to Work ,My Boy is Psychologically down honestly ,I do not Support Examination Practises ,But I think It's a Pathetic Situation , if you see the Preparations made to Achieve Success in this WAEC , He was Focussed ,He loves Playing football but he had to shelve that ,We Refrained him from so many Works at home ,Clears one of the rooms ,Got him a Chair and table for his Privacy ,Register him at an Evening Tutorial .

Infact I don't know ...He loves Education and always On it .

We just moved To the Present Area ,So I had to register him in a New School about 4 Months to WAEC ,the Centre he wrote the WAEC is a School Different from the School He joined .

All the Monies ,Time ,Tutorials Wasted .

PLEASE I BEG FOR AN ADVISE ,HOW CAN WE KNOW A CENTRE THAT IS FREE FROM EXAMINATION MALPRACTICES .

INCASE I WANT TO REGISTER HIM FOR NECO OR WAEC AGAIN .

THE SCHOOL HE DID IT WAS ARROUND LAFENWA SIDE AFTER IPAJA AYOBO ....ANY HELP PLEASE...JUST VERY VERY SAD ,MY BOY MIGHT NOT PERFORM POSSIBLY IN ANY OTHER SUBJECT BUT NOT BIOLOGY ...IF THERE IS ANY SUBJECTS HE MIGHT COPY NOT BIOLOGY PRACTICAL,HE IS VERY GOOD IN IT .PLS ADVISE OF A GOOD CENTRE ARROUND THAT AREA ANY ..
I hope you see this.

I stay in ayetoro.register him in Abbot dayspring college, ayobo, Lagos..The school is known for success without corruption .that is the only school I know of that is expo free.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by rightopdeep(m): 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2023
wunmi590:

What of if its the invigilators that took his answer shet after he might have submitted and left the exam hall, and they took his book and discovered that all his answers was correct and they gave it to other student to copy from?

This is Nigeria and anything can happen...
Hmmmm !
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by wunmi590(m): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:
Hmmmm !

Anything can happen sir,

Since you trust your son, when you probably further and their last solution is for him to re-write the exam, let him write it
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by CodeTemplar: 2:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:
All my child's Subjects result was held ,They gave a reason : That Biology paper 2 Essay ,Candidates copied each other One Another .

Infact I was shocked because my son is very very good in biology ,right from His Jss1 till Ss3 he does not scores below 70 ,I do access him myself ,If it were to be another Subjects I won't be bordered but Biology ,It's Quite Surprising .

I need an Advise Please .

Is there any hope ,I read that a Complaints can be Lodged ,Has anyone be successful with this ?
biology from jss1?
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Sheggy13(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:
All my child's Subjects result was held ,They gave a reason : That Biology paper 2 Essay ,Candidates copied each other One Another .

Infact I was shocked because my son is very very good in biology ,right from His Jss1 till Ss3 he does not scores below 70 ,I do access him myself ,If it were to be another Subjects I won't be bordered but Biology ,It's Quite Surprising .

Is there any hope ,I read that a Complaints can be Lodged ,Has anyone be successful with this ?
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by rightopdeep(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
Well I thank Everyone that has Commented on this matter ,As a matter of fact I'm bringing this to the Forum Because,It was God that saved my son Yesterday,He wanted to do some Nasty to himself ,He Attempted to drink hypo , I'm just forced to say this .He Kept Saying Why Biology,Why Biology,I'm an Authority in Biology ..

I Caught him ...Collected the Hypo from him ..Infacts that School Had it been I knew they are into Malpractices I would never have enrolled him to write WAEC there ,The School is at Lefenwa Itele ..

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Hespee93: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:
....Okay ...I just Want to ask ,Is it Possible for some candidates to Suffer the Malpractices sin of other Candidates in the same Centre ?

Thought all other subjects results should be released but Biology which was given as a Subject where Malpractices was done should only be held .

Just a Question and thought ...

Yes, it's possible.

There is form the invigilator always fill after the exam. There is section where she'll give general remarks about the center.

If the supervisor gives bad remarks it's likely for the body to hold the result except the school made some move.

This also happened to me where we were bing marked down except the subject that doesn't have to much population.

I was so suprise when a student thay got A1 in futher maths now had E8 in mathematics.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Luu40: 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
Sorry Man. You should please calm your boy down. It's very unfortunate such a thing happened to a hardworking student like him.

About 85% of our students have their exam held. Reason was chemistry practicals copy copy they said.

But to be honest, 99.99% of all the WAEC and NECO exams taken in the school since its establishment is all copy copy. But this year, most of it has been held. And guess what? I'm very happy. We are the ones promoting this bad act.

I just pray in the near future WAEC could be able to use AI in detect exam malpractice and cancel the affected ones. NECO is just a cursed exam body - a true reflection of Nigerian systems.

That's why secondary school students of today are just like people sent to give their communities high blood pressure.

Nigeria will be great again when we embrace honesty in our exams. Those who work hard get to stay in school, and those who don't leave for good.

Sorry about your boy.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by emmy9500: 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
shortgun:
He should prepare to reseat for the exam.

Exam malpractice is a criminal offence that can land him in jail or ban if you push too much....
aiding or allowing another candidate copy your answers is also malpractice.

The examiners have enough evidence against him already.

Does that mean WAEC is admiring they don’t know how to supervise exam, why did the investigators allow that to happen

That means waec isn’t doing their job properly

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by rightopdeep(m): 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
Bosch10:
I hope you see this.

I stay in ayetoro.register him in Abbot dayspring college, ayobo, Lagos..The school is known for success without corruption .that is the only school I know of that is expo free.
. Thanks so much , Exactly What I want ,I will try check them out .

I Can't just waste Another Time ,Money again ..

I don't want any Special Centre where Malpractices is done..

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Error401: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
I know, however, how many people have been to jail? do you know how many miracle centeres are in Nigeria? how many people are serving jail term due to malpractice? abeg no carry RPG come stick fight jare
shortgun:

There's the examination malpractices Act.
You can go to jail for engaging in exam malpractice.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by guarantor17(m): 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
KINDLY ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO REGISTER FOR ONGOING PRIVATE CANDIDATE EXAM (GCE), NOT TO WASTE THIS YEAR.

rightopdeep:

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by nedekid: 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Waec is not a dummy organisation. They must have seen abnormalities in the script.
When they give them expo, odu, most Will just copy, you then seen a whole bunch of students with exectly the same answers.
How likely will student from yobe state get such excellent score? Unlikely but not impossible.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Dadatao1998: 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
Wowdesigns:
Let him write his next waec in a public school.
Examination malpractice do happens in public schools too. From teachers writing the whole answers on the board to the students bringing phones and expos into the examination hall .
You will hardly see a school ( either public or private) that doesn't engages in examination malpractice.
Education in Nigeria is in total mess right now.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Enskynelson(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

Have you asked your son? They didn't say your son copied from someone. Did he give or open his paper for another student to copy? Do your findings well please so that you won't end up like Mmesoma's father.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by CaptainFM1: 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

The best place to go is the complaint section or customer care section of waec
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Jacobx007: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

Whoever gave you this information is only misleading you sir, It is definitely not from THE WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by phemmyfour: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

So, whose result did you attach to this thread or what is the link between the attach pic and your son's predicament
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Luv4tv(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
The withheld might be released later after some months but it might be marked down if their investigation shows that the malpractice is not from him. Moreover, WAEC doesn't inform candidates of the causes of withheld rather they send a letter of warning to the centre.
Exam malpractice according to WAEC is not only copying others but other minor things that students do not take into consideration such as writing with two or more ballpoint, unnecessary marking/writing on the script etc.
For your child sitting for another exam, look for any strict faith based schools because most of the private schools are looking for money/results and not standard

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by lakeside30: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
Remembered my year 1 in Unilag,a particular exam,4 of my friends copied my script,and i was telling them dont write word for words o,they no hear,the 5 of us failed the course, literally, suppose score A in the exam,went back to re sit got a B
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by rightopdeep(m): 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
phemmyfour:
So, whose result did you attach to this thread or what is the link between the attach pic and your son's predicament
Honestly I don't know about the Results ,Maybe It's the Moderator ,I was wondering how the result Came Up.

My Child is a Science Student
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by 7upnigeria: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
shortgun:
He should prepare to reseat for the exam.

Exam malpractice is a criminal offence that can land him in jail or ban if you push too much....
aiding or allowing another candidate copy your answers is also malpractice.

The examiners have enough evidence against him already.

I've seen it all when it comes to O'level exams in Nigeria. It's no news that there are websites where students copy ready prepared answers to WAEC Questions on exam days. Let's not even go into details. Nigeria is messed up, exam period is also the time for waec supervisors to be rich and BUY LANDS. Those supervisor have different charges for different subject. The charges are highest on days for general subjects like maths and english. Nigerians, same set of people that want Jesus to become President.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Digitalwitch: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

rightopdeep someone must have copied this work
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

don't be surprised to find out some teachers used your son's answer scripts to write results for students who paid for expo. Yes, I've seen that scenario before. The best you can do is get GCE and NECO forms for him now so he can write them later this year and keep praying for him

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Chemlite: 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
Have they started studying biology in jss1?
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by ejimatic: 6:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

. Only the subject could be cancelled not all papers.There is more to the story of all the papers have been cancelled.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by solex1988(m): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
I thought biology is a subject offered at the Senior Secondary School level not from Junior Secondary for him to have passed biology from JSS 1. Your boy can be so good but he also involved himself in one form of examination malpractice or the other;if not so,wait till the centre report is out. You can as well register him for Private exams to be sure he can do the subjects himself. Am even trying to think how you concluded the result was held because of biology. All the best
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by akaahs(m): 7:17pm On Aug 09, 2023
Haaa! Oga biology since jss1 ??
Which school is that?
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by rightopdeep(m): 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
akaahs:
Haaa! Oga biology since jss1 ??
Which school is that?
. Typo Error ,It's From SS1 ,I tried Editing but I Couldn't

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by rightopdeep(m): 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
solex1988:
I thought biology is a subject offered at the Senior Secondary School level not from Junior Secondary for him to have passed biology from JSS 1. Your boy can be so good but he also involved himself in one form of examination malpractice or the other;if not so,wait till the centre report is out. You can as well register him for Private exams to be sure he can do the subjects himself. Am even trying to think how you concluded the result was held because of biology. All the best
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by rightopdeep(m): 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
Chemlite:
Have they started studying biology in jss1?
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Housing(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2023
Rightopdeep

There are so many reasons that WAEC withheld results. If the school's requires additional invigilator. WAEC will transfer the additional expenses to School and will not release the school's results until the payment is made.

As for your son they will most likely release the other subjects after evaluation but his Biology Exam may be cancelled.

WAEC always final decision on withheld results. It will be either cancelled or released. But to be on a safer side let him start preparing for another exam.

WAEC final decision will definitely be made before close of registration for the next May/June WAEC Examination.

Go to the school where he wrote the exams and make enquiry about steps they are taking. After that you can visit WAEC office. But since it is May/June the push should by the school. It's only November/December that is private the everyone is on his or her own.

Please make enquiry from the School first. You can visit WAEC later if need be there is no big deal.

WAEC will avail you with prove and reason for withholding those results. But what it means is that they are under scrutiny. But that of the Biology had been concluded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fawziya Kiite Koiki Graduates With First Class From A University In London / Nnamdi Azikiwe University (unizik) 2011/2012 Admission Statue/list Is Fully Out. / Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.