Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting (26561 Views)

Is Handwriting Genetic? / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Dada4me: 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2022
Good evening nairalanders, my daughter is in basic two with a bad handwriting. I have tried helping her by showing her how to handle Biro but no improvement.

Please recommend what to do.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by wis3(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
Get her writing books , it helps keep their writing in line and with time, there should be some improvements.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by rickpat(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
get her alphabet writing textbooks...let her try to write the alphabets the way it's written in the textbooks....it might help her improve...but if she doesn't improve,let her be before you dampen her confidence.... provided she writes what people can understand...have you not seen the handwriting of most doctors?..doctors have the worst handwriting in the world...lol... handwriting doesn't determine intelligence...try a little to improve her..but don't pressure the little girl...good luck to your little genius!

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by idomalord: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2022
Dada4me:
Good evening nairalanders, my daughter is in basic two with a bad handwriting. I have tried helping her by showing her how to handle Biro but no improvement.

Get her alphabets
This type thats in calendar form
Be careful in your speech to her
Speak gently and reassuringly
Even u ma sef observe carefully too
Tell her to look at the letters and try to write them vertically
I repeat vertically
She should do so like just 45 minutes morn and evening only.
Don't shout on her or beat her no matter how wrong she is
Give her time, she must improve.

Now, as 4 u d mum observe carefully the alphabets that when written pass through the line and those that are above it.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by JASONjnr(m): 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2022
Having a readable handwriting is mostly of personal interest...

She will change when she begins to read...

For the main time, let her feel comfortable with fancy handwriting or materials to work with.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Ulunne777(f): 1:43am On Aug 21, 2022
grin
Its in the blood

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by NnamdiN: 1:45am On Aug 21, 2022
Heard it's hereditary grin How's the parent's
She's just a child, give her time to improve.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 21, 2022
She needs to have an assistant.
Goodluck all the way.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Sucre6: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2022
See op, leave her alone, she will improve as she advances, . Just tell her to write slowly so that It could be readable , don't put her under unnecessary pressure, don't bother yourself about it. its a natural thingy, I remembered when we small, if your handwriting like make e be like where fowl dey dancing, no one cares about it so far it is readable, but nature will always play a role, as the person would improved as they progresses in their education pursuit.

2 Likes

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Chaos14: 7:35am On Aug 21, 2022
if she is left handed its the schools fault

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by idu1(m): 7:44am On Aug 21, 2022
Adults will just be troubling children. The time wey be her age you sabi write well?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by SocialJustice: 7:52am On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:

Get her a penmanship notebook.

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Olachase(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2022
I also have a bad hard writing, my mom told me she tried her best correcting me when I was young buh no improvement... I got worried when I was 20 years... Buh at the age of 24 when I first saw 100k alert from the company I was working I forgot about hand writing, I have been holding spanners and mechanical tools, thanks to my dad who took me to a technical School... The only thing I have to tell you is this discover ur child talent her future is the most important thing not hand writing,

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:11am On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:

I have 5 simple steps to correct any handwriting. In 3 days, your child's handwriting will be corrected.
I will sell this idea for 25k
Are you interested?

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2022
wis3:
Get her writing books , it helps keep their writing in line and with time, there should be some improvements.
It doesn't.
Some children will write well in that book but mess up while writing in a note book or on a plain sheet.

4 Likes

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:14am On Aug 21, 2022
rickpat:
get her alphabet writing textbooks...let her try to write the alphabets the way it's written in the textbooks....it might help her improve...but if she doesn't improve,let her be before you dampen her confidence.... provided she writes what people can understand...have you not seen the handwriting of most doctors?..doctors have the worst handwriting in the world...lol... handwriting doesn't determine intelligence...try a little to improve her..but don't pressure the little girl...good luck to your little genius!
Many go through that process but still grow up to have bad writing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by wis3(m): 10:18am On Aug 21, 2022
jeromestarks:

It doesn't.
Some children will write well in that book but mess up while writing in a note book or on a plain sheet.
I understand but writings don't always have to look thesame. Writing books gives them a sense of how alphabets should look and helps keeps their writing in check. They'll improve with time.

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:23am On Aug 21, 2022
wis3:
I understand but writings don't always have to look thesame. Writing books gives them a sense of how alphabets should look and helps keeps their writing in check. They'll improve with time.
You don't understand. Identification of alphabets and being able to draw letters is different from handwriting.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2022
wis3:
I have given the Op an idea which I am will to sell. If she adopts it, her daughter will write beautifully.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by wis3(m): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2022
jeromestarks:

You don't understand. Identification of alphabets and being able to draw letters is different from handwriting.
you learn to swim by swimming same way you learn to write by writing. Tracing on some of these writing books gives them an idea of where and how to place the words when writing. It's a gradual process.

2 Likes

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by wis3(m): 10:28am On Aug 21, 2022
jeromestarks:

I have given the Op an idea which I am will to sell. If she adopts it, her daughter will write beautifully.
or you could just drop it here. Alot of people will benefit from it and be grateful to you, some might even appreciate you for it.

2 Likes

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:30am On Aug 21, 2022
wis3:
you learn to swim by swimming same way you learn to write by writing. Tracing on some of these writing books gives them an idea of where and how to place the words when writing. It's a gradual process.
Children can't really process this idea at a tender age and the tend to forget it as the grow older. If care is not taken, her bad handwriting may persist for a lifetime.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by LikeAking: 10:30am On Aug 21, 2022
Will a good hand writing makes daughter a billionaire or millionaire.

Pls wise up.

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:34am On Aug 21, 2022
LikeAking:
Will a good hand writing makes daughter a billionaire or millionaire.

Pls wise up.

My girlfriend got her dream job because of how nice she wrote the application.
My mother is the secretary of a deputy governor in Nigeria; imagine if she had bad handwriting.
My brother got a job at a big company because he helped a pupil in his class wrote his name on his new books. The father saw how beautiful the writing was and he called my brother and offered him a job.

You never can tell where handwriting will take you to.

3 Likes

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by wis3(m): 10:35am On Aug 21, 2022
jeromestarks:

Children can't really process this idea at a tender age and the tend to forget it as the grow older. If care is not taken, her bad handwriting may persist for a lifetime.
There's no criteria for selectng what the perfect handwriting should look like. What may look beautiful to you may be ugly to another.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:36am On Aug 21, 2022
wis3:
or you could just drop it here. Alot of people will benefit from it and be grateful to you, some might even appreciate you for it.
I learnt it too. It took some level of sacrifice before I was given the idea. You don't expect me to drop it for free do you?
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:40am On Aug 21, 2022
wis3:
There's no criteria for selectng what the perfect handwriting should look like. What may look beautiful to you may be ugly to another.
Lie. What is beautiful is beautiful except you can see.
Does any of these look ugly to you?

3 Likes

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by wis3(m): 10:40am On Aug 21, 2022
jeromestarks:

I learnt it too. It took some level of sacrifice before I was given the idea. You don't expect me to drop it for free do you?
Hoarding it doesn't exactly do anything for you but... What do I know?

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2022
wis3:
Hoarding it doesn't exactly do anything for you but... What do I know?
I teach my lesson students. I get paid for doing it.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by wis3(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2022
jeromestarks:

Lie. What is beautiful is beautiful except you can see.
Does any of these look ugly to you?
Beauty is relative.

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by wis3(m): 10:47am On Aug 21, 2022
jeromestarks:

I teach my lesson students. I get paid for doing it.
Handwritings are not the measure of an intelligence of a child. It would would have been worth it if the said materials increased the creativity and thinking ability of the child.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 21, 2022
How else do you expect the handwriting of someone in basic two to be?

That handwriting is ok like that. It will improve when she enters primary and their teachers teach them writing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simple English Test! / Students From Hell Or Smart Students? (video) / JAMB 2017: How To Choose Your Institution For A Successful Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.