Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others (42725 Views)

Canada Invites 4,500 Express Entry Candidates, Promises To Accept More Immigrant / Canada Invites 3,900 New Permanent Residency Candidates / Canada Invites 49,000 Candidates In 7-months As Scores Drop Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by clockwisereport: 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2023
DesChyko:
I can confirm this. A friend asked me to build a plumbing CV for him last week. Destination Canada.

Does your friend have NTC certificate or trade test. If no, he is simply wasting his time. Na people wey go technical school this one vo favour well well. They get NATBEB and trade test certs
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by Realguyman1(m): 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
shortgun:

This is not true.
They accept on-the-job training and apprenticeship as a qualification, you just have to proof you have the experience.
How do u proof to them that u have the experience or that u have undergo an apprenticeship or on the job training? Abi u think say them get people for embassy wey dey test people skills?

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by Smartlight(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
Hopefully, I waiting to apply. Am a mastet plumber.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by shortgun(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
Realguyman1:
How do u proof to them that u have the experience or that u have undergo an apprenticeship or on the job training? Abi u think say them get people for embassy wey dey test people skills?
interviews?
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by sharpwriter(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
sukkot:
ahhh Chief me keee, lailai. if i comot naija its to another african country
Why? angry
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by Realguyman1(m): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
shortgun:

interviews?
Interviews? Lolz! That's u are not yet ready.

Though most companies that do organise apprenticeship training do certified their trainees. And those who learnt through on the jobs in companies do get disengagement letters as proof that they have done it before.

But if na learn u learn from road side, then u must go hustle certificate as proof. Or if the person u learnt from is registered with a body and is technical with the skill, then he can offer u a certificate through his registered body.
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by sukkot: 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
sharpwriter:

Why? angry
wetin dey canada ? convince me lol. life too short bro. make i dey my dey for here.

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by Unperturbedpota: 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
sukkot:
wetin dey canada ? convince me lol. life too short bro. make i dey my dey for here.

Because you can never travel there so I understand your frustration
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by DesChyko: 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2023
clockwisereport:
Does your friend have NTC certificate or trade test. If no, he is simply wasting his time. Na people wey go technical school this one vo favour well well. They get NATBEB and trade test certs

I never knew this was part of the requirements but he actually did. Now that I recall, it was his classmate in technical school that alerted him.

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by Shaneroberts: 12:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
[quote author=orohbirodeysmel post=124983892]

Those who spent millions of naira to japa to Canada through school route...how far grin grin

We the poor who are without qualifications will soon meet you guys on the streets of Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Calgary grin grin

Na only time e go take stammerer go call im papa name

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by rickleye: 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2023
Not everyone can be a banker, engineer or lawyer. Go earn trade work .
But also be careful- don’t think you’d get a job on day 1 from the airport. It could take you anywhere from 60-90days. Also be consider when you are going . Coming in winter will be longer - nobody paints in the fall /winter . So have a backup plan . Have your wife / gf learn nurse care/nurse aid or reverse. She learn trade , you learn nurse aid . So that during low season she can support the family
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by shortgun(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2023
Realguyman1:
Interviews? Lolz! That's u are not yet ready.

Though most companies that do organise apprenticeship training do certified their trainees. And those who learnt through on the jobs in companies do get disengagement letters as proof that they have done it before.

But if na learn u learn from road side, then u must go hustle certificate as proof. Or if the person u learnt from is registered with a body and is technical with the skill, then he can offer u a certificate through his registered body.
Oga you are not the one who formulated Canadian visa policy or requirements for artisans in Canada.

This is from Canadian Government official website.

Trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Manitoba, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut

The states where certification is not required are states that need artisans for the construction industry, you don't need any certificate to work as artisans there.
All you need is to proof you have the experience required.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by sukkot: 12:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Because you can never travel there so I understand your frustration
lol first of all let me apologise for my conduct the other day but you did anger me that very early morning. But I didn’t mean all those things I said . Secondly if I want to be in Canada by this Friday I can do it. I just need to buy ticket , that’s all. With my passport I have automatic 6 month entry into Canada
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by ahnie: 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
Greenfaces:
how much you go pay
I be broke arse nigress
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by sharpwriter(m): 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
sukkot:
Lol.... You are really cracking me up here cheesy. I understand you coz you be big boy on your own and you don travel before, no be like us wey never dey privileged. smiley

You even said sef sometime ago say small time, you go begin post your pix with celebs for here.
Abeg bàbá, please make me a big boy too. wink
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by Realguyman1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
shortgun:

Oga you are not the one who formulated Canadian visa policy or requirements for artisans in Canada.

This from Canadian Government official website.

Trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Manitoba, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut

The states where certification is not required are states that need artisans for the construction industry, you don't need any certificate to work as artisans there.
All you need is to proof you have the experience required.
Dey there dey play. U think say na another country like naija u dey go abi? I know I'm not the one who formulated Canada entry visa for artisans, but u go first for visa and tell them during interview all this u saying and see for urself. Even here in Nigeria, no standard artisan industry will employ anyone without a certification (unless maybe u are entering through connection or u are starting with them first as a labourer) talk less of of Canada. No need arguing with u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by doyinbaby(f): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2023
Fifthaout:

Are you ready for the debate
I wanted explaination as an opportunity to learn.....I have no interest in debate
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by thedarkened: 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
I can confirm this. A friend asked me to build a plumbing CV for him last week. Destination Canada.[/quote

Please what are the procedures involved? I have someone that would like to give this opportunity a try. Can you help inquire from your friend?
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by thedarkened: 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
DesChyko:
I can confirm this. A friend asked me to build a plumbing CV for him last week. Destination Canada.

Please what are the procedures involved? I have someone that would like to give this opportunity a try. Can you help inquire from your friend?
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by sukkot: 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
sharpwriter:

Lol.... You are really cracking me up here cheesy. I understand you coz you be big boy on your own and you don travel before, no be like us wey never dey privileged. smiley

You even said sef sometime ago say small time, you go begin post your pix with celebs for here.
Abeg bàbá, please make me a big boy too. wink
no be say I be big boy. My eye just open quick to travel back when everything was cheap. You see me dey travel today now wey ticket be millions ? I just dey my dey jeje for house dey drink garri and Simon granuts ( Ekpa ) 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by shortgun(m): 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Realguyman1:
Dey there dey play. U think say na another country like naija u dey go abi? I know I'm not the one who formulated Canada entry visa for artisans, but u go first for visa and tell them during interview all this u saying and see for urself. Even here in Nigeria, no standard artisan industry will employ anyone without a certification (unless maybe u are entering through connection or u are starting with them first as a labourer) talk less of of Canada. No need arguing with u.
After I've posted information from the official Canadian website you are still arguing blindly😔
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by kkins25(m): 1:47pm On Aug 09, 2023
sukkot:
no be say I be big boy. My eye just open quick to travel back when everything was cheap. You see me dey travel today now wey ticket be millions ? I just dey my dey jeje for house dey drink garri and Simon granuts ( Ekpa) 🤣🤣🤣🤣

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by sukkot: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by sharpwriter(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
sukkot:
no be say I be big boy. My eye just open quick to travel back when everything was cheap. You see me dey travel today now wey ticket be millions ? I just dey my dey jeje for house dey drink garri and Simon granuts ( Ekpa ) 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lol.... I hear. No let Ekpa catch you o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by IJEYdiamond(f): 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
How person wan process this now...

This one they say person go sell house millions and all...

I no just understand this process... them no say carpenter no get money like that so how do they allow one come to their country abeg please who knows the answer to this .....?

Ordinary to come as social worker u go show prove say u have millions to the Canadian embassy...

How is this one going to fly... Farming hairdresser even snow packer inko??

Abeg who can explain... can poor man really go to this Canadia at all??

Even if you go to jobbank Canada.org...

Most jobs will tell u... if u are not legally authorised to work in Canada dont apply

So who dey fool who for here abeg?

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by oneeast: 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ok
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by clockwisereport: 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ebubu3:

Please which agency in nigeria can give artisan certificate

NABTEB
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by sukkot: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
sharpwriter:

Lol.... I hear. No let Ekpa catch you o grin
lol Finnish landlord cheesy
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by Panda7(m): 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
Quite an interesting way to reduce unemployment and increase wealth for Nigerian artisans. Am sure a whole number of them would drove in there with their families but the sure thing is to send money back home to help develop and build it for the future.

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by scantee(m): 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
clockwisereport:

I have a relation that has all these certificates. Please do u have the link for the application online?
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by clockwisereport: 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
DesChyko:

I never knew this was part of the requirements but he actually did. Now that I recall, it was his classmate in technical school that alerted him.

Ok. Nice one. Goodluck to him

Mu guys that went to technical school all went for either upholstery/furniture making or electrical wiring
Re: Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others by clockwisereport: 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
scantee:

I have a relation that has all these certificates. Please do u have the link for the application online?

No. I dont have the link

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Qatar Airways Launches Double Bed In Business Class (Photos) / FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Woman Shares Injury Inflicted On Her By A Bolt Driver (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.