Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? (7708 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 12, 2011
LMAO, I aven't stopped laughing since monday.

BB ohhhhhhhh see what they told us today, "The messaging and browsing delays being experienced by BlackBerry users in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India, Brazil, Chile and Argentina were caused by a core switch failure within RIM's infrastructure. Although the system is designed to failover to a back-up switch, the failover did not function as previously tested. As a result, a large backlog of data was generated, and we are now working to clear that backlog and restore normal service as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we will continue to keep you informed. " "http://crackberry.com/blackberry-services-down-again-emea-region"

The issue now is that Blackberry can be the most boring phone on earth without it's BIS services. But its a plus to some people especially me, In the past when you try to gist with a babe especially when am on my way back from work and am in the BRT bus. While gisting with her, she would keep asking for excuses at every 2mins to respond to her PING then wuld apologize after. I find it annoying, cuz it makes the conversation boring. But since Monday evening, they have been a bit different. In fact they are the ones that would start up the conversation.

Whats your experience? cheesy
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 12, 2011
Can the moderator please enable me to add "k" to the spelling of my "Blackberry" instead of the spelling i wrote ""Blacberry"
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by garbigarba: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2011
Real funny smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Blazing88(f): 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
am kinda glad, Now i can drop my bb witout checking every minutes to respond to pings and all, cheesy
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2011
There should be a mini thread title 'How are you coping with your blackberry friends?'

My roommate finally cooked rice without burning it, he had no pinging distraction.

The best part.
He now sees why my Android is better than his crack, cheesy
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by maclatunji: 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2011
Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been?

What a ridiculous question!

I don't use the thing- the way people use it Nigeria is very irritating! Good riddance! angry
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by 76Naira(m): 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2011
;d
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2011
musKeeto:

The best part.
He now sees why my Android is better than his crack,  cheesy
grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by GrownMan(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2011
Meeen, Its tough I must say. But hey! I guess I am trying to learn from this outage. I reckon my phone bill will be higher than when BB was active sha  sad wish they would sort it out sharp sharp!
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Andrew3(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
server will be put online again in a few hours for testing. the new bbm specially designed for os7 actually had alot of bugs during test that resulted to this, all will soon be ok but dont expect the bbm 7 sooner.
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2011
Omo no be small thing ooo!!! But man go survive, at least I did before I bought the phone.  sad  undecided
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by kakaG: 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2011
Allah! I no go lie I miss pinging. The truth is that bb is irritating to pretenders but for me o, I love pinging. Besides, BIS is not only about pinging cos you can be on the move while working or keep in touch with your loved ones. Shikenan!
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by WackyJ1(m): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2011
Hahahahaha. Blackberry without it's pinging stuff is just like a Nokia Java Phone
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2011
WackyJ1:

Hahahahaha. Blackberry without it's pinging stuff is just like a Nokia Java Phone
And with pinging, it's like a Nokia with whatsapp.
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2011
I hate it when i hear the less priviledge say that they hate BB, I can only listen to those using the Iphone4, Galaxy Tabs, The Andriods and Ermmm HTC family etc, Not that you are making use of a Sagem X6 or Nokia Xpress Music 5510, And you come here to shout. You can't be a Fan of BB cuz your condition made you that way. grin
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by alex406(m): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2011
Honestly its more fun with this issue of network failure,at least now i am able to relate with my friend more better than before, blackberry is really driving most people crazy.
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2011
Ijogz K:

I hate it when i hear the less priviledge say that they hate BB,  I can only listen to those using the Iphone4, Galaxy Tabs, The Andriods and Ermmm HTC family etc,  Not that you are making use of a Sagem X6 or Nokia Xpress Music 5510,  And you come here to shout. You can't be a Fan of BB cuz your condition made you that way.  grin
bros, you harsh o, tongue
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Kesmakveli(m): 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2011
As for me, am not happy cos my BIS is wasting, **sobs** embarassed shocked
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by maclatunji: 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2011
Ijogz K:

I hate it when i hear the less priviledge say that they hate BB,  I can only listen to those using the Iphone4, Galaxy Tabs, The Andriods and Ermmm HTC family etc,  Not that you are making use of a Sagem X6 or Nokia Xpress Music 5510,  And you come here to shout. You can't be a Fan of BB cuz your condition made you that way.  grin

It is your type of thinking that makes people who cannot send SMS by themselves carry a Blackberry around like a donkey carrying books it cannot benefit from.
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by reloboy(m): 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2011
omo those people wan kill me ohhh
now i have to make calls mtchew
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by ehie007(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2011
the  bb phone is so  dead boring now, its not better than a 3310 now. Thnk God i down loaded some games that i play on it, if not i for throw my bb away. but the cool part, when i get home, i connect my bb to my internet  and browse with it when am too tired to browse with my computer, so, at al at all na em bad pass,
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Wadosky(m): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
So who is going to compensate us for the lost days? Its hundred naira everyday and I have already lost 4 days out of my GLO comonth.oh dear me, I missss pingn soooo much including the functional apps
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Kx: 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2011
Was life not cool without fone let alone bb of yesterday?
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2011
i don't have a blackberry so am not bothered  if they go extinct,pls switch over to nokia.thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by leuelliot(m): 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2011
I've definitely been receiving much more calls than usual. hehehe grin grin
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by lynkyinka(m): 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2011
as many BB users go get a NOKIA 1100, its so much fun, lol
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Princek12(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2011
I wonder how the ashys have been negotiating business during the BB Messenger outage.
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
i agree, .it's HARD. bb sucks without bbm. it's the stickiest feature. i wouldn't be using a blackberry without bbm.  but this one wey them say iphone go get imessage, i'm still going to wait until more friends around the world get it before i switch.  i've deleted my fb n only use twitter sometimes. my Torch broke within one year. i am honestly sick of ""renting" phone which is what we are doing considering how phones these days don't last. I was going to just buy a new bb because the storm i downgrade to is a piece of crap .
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Jolomsguy(m): 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2011
Omo! Blackberry is full of fun, there is never a dull moment with BB…, I pray they resuscitate it soon o…, God I beg…
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Kommentato(m): 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2011
At least person go get rest from those yeye BCs  grin
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Tinyemeka(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2011
I bought my BB mainly for the browsing experience rather than chatting and funny enough I've still been able to browse using Opera mini 6 (not the BB native browser).

My only pain only comes from not being able to use the Facebook app for BB. This is faster than going thru a browser to access FB.

I wonder why I've still been able to browse on BB?
Re: Coping Without Blackberry: How Has It Been? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2011
pathetic bunch of addicts!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Spent N3.208 Trillion On Airtime In 2017 - New Telegraph / Delete These Apps Immediately! / How To Recover Your Stolen Or Lost Phone In 24 Hours Without Spending A Dime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.