Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,481 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

I'm Too Conscious Of Things And I Overthink A Lot... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Too Conscious Of Things And I Overthink A Lot... (218 Views)

The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Too Conscious Of Things And I Overthink A Lot... by alex8724: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2023
Since childhood, I've had the habit of noticing every single little occurrence around me.
I process everything, right from words when I hear them and I tend to think a lot over little things, one advantage I have had is my ability to make right decisions most times.
I am the kind of person that you can be talking to and I may not even be hearing you (I may be randomly thinking about solving bug in my codes, a recent tragic incident or just any random thought that may come up).
This has made people think I am too dull or boring to be with, so I tend to stay alone more recently. It is not affecting my academic grades at all, as I am just an average student. Sometimes I get lost in class too, right from primary school, I even get embarrassed by teachers at times when they are teaching, and I'd just be there staring not focused on whatever is being taught. I tend to be very quiet and I hate noise, I love making peace too which makes people see me as a weakling, but I don't care.
The only time I can say I truly I enjoyed blank, thoughtless peace was when I was surgically operated on, lasted for more than 8hrs…
I don't know, I've not met anyone experiencing this before and I know it can't be only me.
Thing is, I want to know if I should visit a therapist, or it's totally normal?

1 Like

Re: I'm Too Conscious Of Things And I Overthink A Lot... by Zigzagman: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
You might be struggling with after effects of childhood trauma. This might help you decide whether you need professional help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjG7yR_k3wQ

Thank me later
Re: I'm Too Conscious Of Things And I Overthink A Lot... by DevilishMan: 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
Start drinking or smoking weed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Govt Workers How Are You Guys Coping? / Rechargeable Fan Prices In Nigeria And Their Major Importance In Every Home / 8 Out Of 10 Nigerian Men Unhappy In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.