Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,034 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 (32756 Views)

Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival / Huge Crowd At Osun-Osogbo Festival (Photos) / Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Spiff20(m): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2023
I'm yet to see anything interesting about this festival and why it should be news. Just a crowd of people gathered by the banks of a river with festish items all over. What's the drawcards?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by phemmyfour: 8:03am On Aug 13, 2023
ThinkWISELY:
Yoruba Amaka
Arugba in action
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by phemmyfour: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2023
Spiff20:
I'm yet to see anything interesting about this festival and why it should be news. Just a crowd of people gathered by the banks of a river with festish items all over. What's the drawcards?
Maybe if you do a research on it, you will know the importance of the festivities to the Yoruba race

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by PusssyLord: 8:14am On Aug 13, 2023
Skull miners festival..quite colorful
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by sylve11: 8:18am On Aug 13, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Your problem is the goat head with the blood on it?

In my place we eat the cooked head of a cat down to the brains and eyes, then share palm wine from a human skull not less than 10years old.. .

Hmmm cool
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Oshin56(m): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2023
Dolapo2000:
Just make sure u dont bring it to our ilorin, ilu afaa.
Innal mushrikeena najasun
as if you knows what emir is doing secretly in His palace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Arellalove: 8:34am On Aug 13, 2023
ANd that you aren’t dumb, what have you done with your life??
Omoawoke:
God bless our culture
Yoruba culture is really strong

All the slaves calling this evil

I blame your inferiority complex and I marvel at your depth of ignorance of Yoruba culture.

Do you wonder why ifa is practiced outside the continent ?
What happened was that there was a disconnect due to colonization and slavery. Yorubas and other Africans were very great before losing our heritage.
Do you know of the Benin empire and oyo empire.

Our ancestors were very knowledgeable and if only the knowledge was passed down, we would have been 100% independent. Do you know the movie black panther, that is exactly how Yorubas and other Africans are supposed to be technologically advanced and prosperous.

The evidences are there for you for to see. Look at our ancient artifacts and you will wonder what kind of technology they used.

Our ancestors made tools with iron and steel. How did they know that engineering?
How did they make those artifacts to perfect precision

Do you know the odu ifa are 256 in number and it is same with the 256 binary codes. How did our ancestors know binary codes long before the whites came

You know why you are dumb and very unintelligent. You have low self esteem and very foolish. You waited for the whites to write your history for you, people that enslaved you. Please who are the satanist, those that came here to enslave you and threw your ancestors inside Atlantic Ocean or you that was attacked?
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Arellalove: 8:36am On Aug 13, 2023
Or is it not the same people you defending that sold their ancestors because of mirror and handfan?
Omoawoke:
God bless our culture

All the slaves calling this evil

I blame your inferiority complex and I marvel at your depth of ignorance of Yoruba culture.

Do you wonder why ifa is practiced outside the continent ?
What happened was that there was a disconnect due to colonization and slavery. Yorubas and other Africans were very great before losing our heritage.
Do you know of the Benin empire and oyo empire.

Our ancestors were very knowledgeable and if only the knowledge was passed down, we would have been 100% independent. Do you know the movie black panther, that is exactly how Yorubas and other Africans are supposed to be technologically advanced and prosperous.

The evidences are there for you for to see. Look at our ancient artifacts and you will wonder what kind of technology they used.

Our ancestors made tools with iron and steel. How did they know that engineering?
How did they make those artifacts to perfect precision

Do you know the odu ifa are 256 in number and it is same with the 256 binary codes. How did our ancestors know binary codes long before the whites came

You know why you are dumb and very unintelligent. You have low self esteem and very foolish. You waited for the whites to write your history for you, people that enslaved you. Please who are the satanist, those that came here to enslave you and threw your ancestors inside Atlantic Ocean or you that was attacked?
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by aalangel(f): 8:37am On Aug 13, 2023
Jesus please locate them.
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 13, 2023
Good, glad the Governor Jackson went , was watching on YouTube was wondering why the Ataoja of Oshogbo was dancing so Joyously , now I know.... May the living spring brings good tidings to all ... Ashe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by AllBlack: 8:40am On Aug 13, 2023
Omoawoke:
God bless our culture

Africa was massively robbed. The Gold and diamonds are nothing compared to what was TRUELY stolen. Festivals like this and others of such should be made LOUDER by inviting open minded journalists from top media houses around the world so that the new western generation will be made to read about what their fathers did and questions will start to spring up, especially with the wild fire of the internet. I still get so angry whenever I see the coconut plantation at badagry. I have been to the slave relic center more than 5 times and I don't think I would like to go there again because of the anger it builds.
Is the Osun Festival open to Hausa, Ibos and every Yoruba? or is it exclusive to Osun people?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Proudlyomonna: 8:45am On Aug 13, 2023
CloudTrees:

Black is not unique.
If they were unique, they would have been more organized

Okay Your opinion.
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Ejiakusmith(m): 8:52am On Aug 13, 2023
So why are you telling me know..... On the day of reckoning , you and your people eating and drinking 🚰 cat 🐈😺 una go answer for una self

BoldBrainz:

Your problem is the goat head with the blood on it?

In my place we eat the cooked head of a cat down to the brains and eyes, then share palm wine from a human skull not less than 10years old.. .
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by SemperFid: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2023
Hmmm skull miners are celebrating rituals
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by abbasajao(m): 9:04am On Aug 13, 2023
Ykc2:
yoruba culture amaka but ilorin emirs won't allow this festival in ilorin

God forbid
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by BoldBrainz(m): 9:22am On Aug 13, 2023
Ejiakusmith:
So why are you telling me know..... On the day of reckoning , you and your people eating and drinking 🚰 cat 🐈😺 una go answer for una self

Which mumu day of reckoning grin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Anny69: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2023
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Anny69: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2023
SporaD8:

If half-man-half-fish is demonic,
Half-man-half-bird is what...Divine?!
grin grin grin
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by AmazingELixir: 9:47am On Aug 13, 2023
grin grin grin

What will Pst. Enoch Adeboye, Pst David Oyedepo and Ishaq Akintola of MURIC say to this now..

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by yemmywesey(m): 9:59am On Aug 13, 2023
Ejiakusmith:
Is too fetish..... Yoruba and juju like bread &
butter 🧈 🧈 πŸ₯ͺπŸ₯ͺ🍞

Of all animals ... Na Goat head 🐐🐐 that one take the cabash him head

Receive sense.
All the spirit of Ebola, balablu, gazelle gagragra
To leave your head now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by yemmywesey(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2023
Ejiakusmith:
Is too fetish..... Yoruba and juju like bread &
butter 🧈 🧈 πŸ₯ͺπŸ₯ͺ🍞

Of all animals ... Na Goat head 🐐🐐 that one take the cabash him head

Nah lion head or black Mamba head you want make him use cabash him head.
That is the divination revealed for his destiny.
Isese Lagba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by 1Sharon(f): 10:08am On Aug 13, 2023
aalangel:
Jesus please locate them.

If Jesus tries to locate any of these yoruba devotees, he will be crucified again.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by simplesearch: 10:10am On Aug 13, 2023
This are Satan infested celebrations; orchestrated by him and for his self glorification. God is not the object of worship here but Satan, and so does many other traditional or cultural celebrations. They are always infested with grievous human errors and appalling sacrifices, that leads only to destruction in hell.
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by yemmywesey(m): 10:12am On Aug 13, 2023
ezegenigbonine:
You oshogbo oshogbo's need Christ in there ok

Who is christ w. Where was Christ when black people were enslaved and colonized by the west and Arabs.
Christ is a fiction and illusion used to enslave the mind of the poor and the oppressed forever.
Do they worship christ in china.
Do they worship christ in India, Japan Korea etc., Are they not better off.
Indigenous beliefs is the only way to free our mind from an illusional christ.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Righteousness2(m): 10:20am On Aug 13, 2023
FATHER open their eyes that they may see .
Be careful with what you get into.
I see people unknowingly initiated into grave diabolical and satanic bondages that they cannot understand.

Do not make yourself an experimental instrument for marine and demonic kingdoms

Be careful! Be wise!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Win12345: 10:31am On Aug 13, 2023
No idolater will enter the kingdom of God!
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Arielle: 10:54am On Aug 13, 2023
This is beautiful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Arielle: 10:54am On Aug 13, 2023
hansomb:
There's nothing cultural in this. Fetish and occult practices is all I see
Be quiet!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Arielle: 10:56am On Aug 13, 2023
BoldBrainz:
This is beautiful!
How I fvcking love tradition and culture smiley.
I'll pick the shrines and heritage of my roots over any other religion anyday, everyday!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Germi9: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2023
Obyangel:
Beautiful, it's time to promote our culture and tradition. Enough of this Western/Asains culture. Truly, Yoruba Amaka wink
Why haven’t they used these old juju or whatsoever to build a better life .. like the westerners
Even tookpick are imported undecided
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by FashionCookie(f): 11:33am On Aug 13, 2023
Wanted to attend this festival once while serving in Ilorin....I love this! kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2023
Oodua Agbe wa oo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State / Ooni Ogunwusi Stands For Wuraola To Sit In New Photo As They Visit Ghana / Alaafin Of Oyo And Olori Memunat Pictured Together After Her Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.