Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,954 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract (39145 Views)

Al Hilal Sent An Official Bid To Leo Messi: Salary Worth Over €400m Per Year / Ronaldo Took The Worst Free-kick Of His Career For Al Nassr Against Al Ittihad / Odion Ighalo Joins Saudi Arabia's Al-Hilal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Maynman: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yougoexplaintir:

Which kin head you get. You are still saying the same thing the guy you are quoting is saying.
Saudi is getting this players because they are offering more money than Europe.
Same can be said for people playing in Europe rather than in their home countries paying less.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Westman001: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
Laple0541:

Stop spewing thrash, when China was paying like mad, how many great players went there? Even this Saudi have been “money-miss- road” for long yet no great player went there. Ronaldo went just last season, just check the the list of other great players that had followed suit; that league is the only league now with 2 ballon d’or holders on her list yet you are writing rubbish out of your hate for Ronaldo.

See you o...

Saudi is safer and welcoming than China.

Saudi is not a communist country. Couple with the facts that a Muslim country hosted the recent World Cup and four of the clubs just signed big deal with some powerful organizations in Saudi.

Those are the facts,, not a Ronaldo inspiration.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Correctdude: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
There is nothing as Ronaldo effect here. Clubs and Players re cashing out of oil money and you re saying Rinaldo effect. Clubs in MLS re not ready to cough out such huge amounts in signing players.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Yougoexplaintir: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
deyplay:
they have always had the money and no big names went there. Talisca, Ighalo, Ahmed Musa etc all went there for money but they could not attract top stars. China had similar program but nobody wanted them.
All the players that went there went for money. Brozovic wanted to sign for barca but immediately Saudi came with their insane wages he ran there. Just check what all the players that signed for them are earning. Some are earning *3 of their previous wages. So Rinaldo didn't influence anything.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Uncletony(m): 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dead player
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Yougoexplaintir: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
Maynman:

Same can be said for people playing in Europe.
Players are playing in Europe not just because of the money but because of the recognition (balloon dor,champions league,chance to be chosen for country matches).
All this players that went to Saudi will never smell national team. Most of them went there because they have nothing to offer club and country. Most of them are in their thirties sef.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Maynman: 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yougoexplaintir:

Players are playing in Europe not just because of the money but because of the recognition (balloon dor,champions league,chance to be chosen for country matches).
All this players that went to Saudi will never smell national team. Most of them went there because they have nothing to offer club and country. Most of them are in their thirties sef.
Europe started somewhere, they were also enticing people with money, paying huge salaries. The same way europe has trophies is the same saudi has too, because it is European doesn’t make it any more important than we make it ourselves. People that think that way is a kind of mental slavery.

Well we will see about the national team, football is about “playing”, and it’s not only europe that they do play.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Yougoexplaintir: 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
Maynman:

Europe started somewhere, they were also enticing people with money, paying huge salaries. The same way europe has trophies is the same saudi has too, because it is European doesn’t make it any more important than we make it ourselves. People that think that way is a kind of mental slavery.

Well we will see about the national team, football is about “playing”, and it’s not only europe that they do play.
Europe never started like this,they were growing gradually. They were using home grown players and paying them according to their skills,commitment and trophies won. Messi and Rinaldo didn't just start earning 600k/week wages. The more commitment and trophies they won the more their wages were increased
But in Saudi,they are just paying anyhow. This players signed surely don't have any commitment. They are just there for the money. Is it Saudi league they will be fighting for? When they know even if they win it no recognition for it,no award.
As someone said,when they are tired they will rest. This can't be sustained in the long term.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Maynman: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yougoexplaintir:

Europe never started like this,they were growing gradually. They were using home grown players and paying them according to their skills,commitment and trophies won. Messi and Rinaldo didn't just start earning 600k/week wages. The more commitment and trophies they won the more their wages were increased
But in Saudi,they are just paying anyhow. This players signed surely don't have any commitment. They are just there for the money. Is it Saudi league they will be fighting for? When they know even if they win it no recognition for it,no award.
As someone said,when they are tired they will rest. This can't be sustained in the long term.
The amount they were paying them then were as huge.
We are in 2023 that’s why 600k/wages is huge, compared it to the amount europe pays salaries THEN compared to other countries it’s not same too.

Most people in saudi are now “playing” football and not “working” football, they don’t have to play so many tournaments and get worn out.
They have peace of mind there and that’s paramount.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by mayor1814: 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoldBrainz:

If you say so.

Not if I say so. There dominance n influence is everywhere. Simple quick fact n example - apart from dollars n pounds sterling, an average pry 6 pupil or an old man of 70 and above don't know currency of other countries; apart from Joe Biden , an average 70+ man or woman in d village or a kid of 10 don't know d name of oda world leaders etc.

If we keep talking of political influence, military might n influence, economic influence, technology etc we no go comot here today
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by JOemmy(m): 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
obembet:
Cristiano Ronaldo influence is insane, I remember when they laughed at Ronaldo, now they’re all joining him

Top football stars seems to prefer the Saudi league than the American MSL.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by BoldBrainz(m): 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
mayor1814:

Not if I say so. There dominance n influence is everywhere. Simple quick fact n example - apart from dollars n pounds sterling, an average pry 6 pupil or an old man of 70 and above don't know currency of other countries; apart from Joe Biden , an average 70+ man or woman in d village or a kid of 10 don't know d name of oda world leaders etc.

If we keep talking of political influence, military might n influence, economic influence, technology etc we no go comot here today

Na because I wan comot here today na im make I dey gree everything wey you dey talk na.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by mayor1814: 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
Nuheights:

Well, let's hope the door remains open, and the market does not diminish tomorrow. There is such a thing as making hay while the sun shines. For me, the money part is very important

I understand ur point but how many bright young talents in d calibre of haaland, saka, Enzo, Vini Jnr, Bellingham etc will have interest in going to saudi despite all d money? These young star players are still hungry for the real honour and standard and presently d standard is European football.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Yougoexplaintir: 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
Maynman:

The amount they were paying them then were as huge.
We are in 2023 that’s why 600k/wages is huge, compared it to the amount europe pays salaries THEN compared to other countries it’s not same too.

Most people in saudi are now “playing” football and not “working” football, they don’t have to play so many tournaments and get worn out.
They have peace of mind there and that’s paramount.
Why do you think it is huge? The clubs make a lot of profit from this players. Millions of fans pay to watch them heavily. Buy clubs jersey and sponsorship deals. So the players deserve this huge pay but Saudi are paying this guys from state resources. They are not making much gains now and are just hoping that in future they will be able to steal the shine from Europe which will never happen.
Believe me their project will collapse before five years time
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Maynman: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yougoexplaintir:

Why do you think it is huge? The clubs make a lot of profit from this players. Millions of fans pay to watch them heavily. Buy clubs jersey and sponsorship deals. So the players deserve this huge pay but Saudi are paying this guys from state resources. They are not making much gains now and are just hoping that in future they will be able to steal the shine from Europe which will never happen.
Believe me their project will collapse before five years time
but europe started from somewhere, they were also heavily supported by their government.
When they started, which millions of tickets or jerseys Or sponsorship did they have?

I don’t need to believe you, we will see the project In next 5 years.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by sonofElElyon: 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
Mbape better go !
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Tilldendoftime(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
obembet:
After new huge bid revealed two days ago, documents are now approved by all parties involved.

Ney will travel to Saudi this week.
Two year contract.
Number 🔟.

PSG set to receive bit less than €100m fee.

Medical to be completed today.

Source: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1691030242473734145?t=QBC_jshdEyrFC58TFtIIqQ&s=19

I've bn hearing of Saudi money and oil since I was 11 and I also know their passion for football since Saudi 89. Where Nigerian won silver medal... Just funny how it took d signing of Ronaldo for other great players to land a deal there. Of a truth Ronaldo is a movement
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by astOorR(m): 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Bad time for psg

Make them leave the club for Mpappe

The overrated spoilt brat

But this Neymar sha
He just use he hand destroy he career
This guy supposed be the next balloon dor winner after Ronaldo and Messi
But he nor green play mature football
Those Santos childish football nor green commot for head
Everytime na childish football way dey bring injury

Like you suppose be the next Dangote but weed "light my kpoli" no gree you stay focused.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Yougoexplaintir: 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
Maynman:

but europe started from somewhere, they were also heavily supported by their government.
When they started, which millions of tickets or jerseys Or sponsorship did they have?

I don’t need to believe you, we will see the project In next 5 years.
Heavily supported by their government how?.European clubs have always paid players based on money paid by fans during matches,jersey sales,money from trophies and sponsorship.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by AllBlack: 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Akacollins7:
That our nija guy at Napoli would soon regret not joining Saudi club. By the the way every business is all about money. I pray for him not to be one season type

shey you no get football talent? wetin tie your own leg? na Osimhen wey just dey start him career you wan send go Retirement league
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Maynman: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yougoexplaintir:

Heavily supported by their government how?.European clubs have always paid players based on money paid by fans during matches,jersey sales,money from trophies and sponsorship.
How do they calculate players based on money?
When ronaldo was bought by Real Madrid, how did they calculate it?
When psg bought mbappe how did they calculate it?

Do you think a sector like epl is not heavily supported by the government?

When europe started ,how did they pay their players when nobody knew them. If not for media that showed English football in Nigeria how will we know them?
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Segxydube: 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
insidelife22:
Ororo efffect

Money effect not penaldo
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Luckysbab: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoldBrainz:

See as you don pour me saliva for eye !

What's all this ranting for now? Na me add price for fuel? Na me increase price of food for market? Are you from Ijebu Ode? Person call your name once, you begin bark everywhere like who get epilepsy!

What's this one?!

That's his default mode. He's an uncouth rascal.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by patrickcollins: 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
IyaTola:
grin
Th end of Balloon d'or for him
The money is too much to reject and he is not getting younger.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Luckysbab: 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
lexy2014:

You don't need to insult anyone. You also a fanatic that's why u were mentioned

I'm surprised you don't know that's his trademark.

The only part I don't understand is the special privileges he has been given to be lousy on NL.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by BreconHills(m): 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
obembet:
After new huge bid revealed two days ago, documents are now approved by all parties involved.

Ney will travel to Saudi this week.
Two year contract.
Number 🔟.

PSG set to receive bit less than €100m fee.

Medical to be completed today.

Source: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1691030242473734145?t=QBC_jshdEyrFC58TFtIIqQ&s=19

I wonder if it is less about Ronaldo and more about the billions the Saudi's are pushing into sports; football, golf and F1 and their expected bid for the WC in 2030
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by benardtotti(m): 5:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
obembet:

They said MLS is the better league but all the Superstars in football are following Ronaldo to Saudi grin

Do you actually understand the MLS system of transfer? I don't think you do , the system is much different and doesn't give the clubs much room to buy foreign exotic players anyhow , I believe after this season a lot 0f changes will come t0 the Mls system.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Henroo88(m): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
These people want to crumble Europe. See eruption to the major league. Football seem to be fading away in Europe and flourishing in SA.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Beverlyjean(f): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
phemmyfour:
Ignorance
All these penaldo fans and low IQ

Is Neymar balon Dior winner?

Only 4 former balon dor winners are still playing football now... 2 are in Saudi... modric to also join sion making it 3... the other balon dor winner is in MLS... Benzema , Ronaldo..... then mane and Neymar both finished 2nd and 3rd at a time .... salah to also join soon so as lewandowski...
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by famzynet: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
Akacollins7:
That our nija guy at Napoli would soon regret not joining Saudi club. By the the way every business is all about money. I pray for him not to be one season type

I wonder who advised him to refuse the offer.
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by DJInfluence: 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
obembet:
Cristiano Ronaldo influence is insane, I remember when they laughed at Ronaldo, now they’re all joining him
stop fooling yourself, the players going to Saudi are only doing it for the money. They get 3 to 4 times what they will get anywhere else in Europe and 5 to 7 times more than what any MSL team can afford. Messi was offered over 300m, and he rejected it, because he was not propelled by money. Don't make it looks like Ronaldo is the reason, it's all about the insane money
Re: Neymar Signs For Al Hilal On A Two-Year Contract by Onlinebar: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Wasted player

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Super Falcons of Nigeria Vs Namibia AWC Match: 2 - 0 / Nigeria Wins Olympic Silver Medal / Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.