Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

When A Husband Is Not Providing - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Husband Is Not Providing (19363 Views)

Should She Starve Him Because He's Not Providing? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
FireUpNow:
If the said jobless man should tell the woman to leave then go marry another man she won't accept it. OP how was the man doing before he got married to her? Some women can kill a man's zeal for life
You're somehow right anyway, but not getting up to provide for himself too is way out of it

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by aestake: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Please go and cheat lets rest , any small things y'all start threatening with cheating, is your Vagina a transaction?
How is the man not providing related to cheating? Everything for women is vagina... grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2023
Akalia:
Any woman that would loose respect for her husband just because he ain't able to provide due to circumstances beyond his control is an unfortunate bitch that does not deserve that man.

In Western climes men and women in marriage hustle alike and pull resources together to run a home but here in Africa everything as per pecuniary burden is on only the man's should.This is generally true with a minute exceptions here and there.
This is a different sineros.

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by crackhaus: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Are you for real? Have some men lower their self pride to this extent?
Funny... grin

So married women who want to go out to collect prick have a lot of self-pride. But men who don't care what these women do with their nunu are the ones with no self-pride.

This logic is not logikking...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
Oyerinde16:

I pity this situation o... But I remember when I left a good job, I became jobless yet had to provide... The available jobs were hotel, 25k teaching 25k driving Keke 35k marketing 45k I got one job as a loan marketer 60k, I resumed n left after 2weeks, I was to walk corner to corner giving and retrieving loans with interest as at when due... I heard stories of co workers not earning full salaries due to deductions, incomplete money bla bla bla... I looked at the outfit n dressing of co workers, those I was to work with, faded cloths, stiched cloths, I just left the job... I spent all my savings within 6 months no good job, I started doing bolt/Uber, this was pretty lucrative cos it was my car, I was my own boss, I worked whenever I wanted, but it wasn't really for me, it began to tell on my car, I knew what I wanted... I wanted to create a good job for myself n employ people I would pay well... But where was the capital, I kept on waiting while my wife was saying I should just take any job, all she was concerned about was just provide not minding the mental state of the man... Just provide... She wasn't working, I provided all just that it wasn't as much as when I was working ... I told her to get a job to support, she said I knew she wasnt working before I married her, so I should work n provide, she said it was the job of the husband to provide... I even became weaker...

I support what someone said up there, give the man a job with a good pay, if he refuses, then flog him, but if you can't assist him with a good job, not minding what he is going through, just shut up... Men are people's children as well someone's daughter (liability) should not come n use marriage to kill him in the name of men are wired to provide...
I'm sorry to say this. But your wife was just mean and non considerate. This is a different situation

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by FireUpNow(m): 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
You're somehow right anyway, but not getting up to provide for himself too is way out of it
We need to hear from the man because maybe he has tried getting something to do but the wife is against it. I have seen a man who was doing well before and after he lost the job the man went to do Factory work. The wife was against it, it brought serious problem to the family. So I can't just blame the man, I want to hear from him

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by crackhaus: 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Please go and cheat lets rest , any small things y'all start threatening with cheating, is your Vagina a transaction?
I gave the OP the same idea... Is it not just to go and collect prick? She should go, and even collect big one... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by BJanta: 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
Zee0007:
Let them give him a job with a handsome pay check. If he rejects it, then we can conclude that he needs to be flogged.

Do you know what you're saying ‽ Who are the 'them' that would give him that job?

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by occfx: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wodu89:
His spirit is dead inside. He needs motivation. I've met several people in this situation during my counselling sessions. The work of men is extremely hard, and it goes deeply beyond hardworking or being lazy. It goes deeper than the soul into the spirit.

What I can advice the woman is to take what he needs to him to revive his spirit.

In such a case, preachings that can revive his spirit and soul. She should be playing very good scripture based teachings at home to revive his spirit.

He's dead internally and revival can't take place if there's nothing to bring him back to life.

Ezekiel 37:13-15

If he listens to good preachings at home for sic months, he'll find his lost zeal.

You are either a psychologist or a good pastor. A lot of men die internally with no one helping to light up there candle again, I don't know what causes it but someone must help you in that situation

5 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by occfx: 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nice2023:

Let me give u am example.
There was a time my younger brothers friend followed me and he was to drop at a junction before mine.

In the course of our discussion,he told me he was planning to marry,and me being me,I advised him never to marry a woman that is not doing anything at all because the guy works in place that has great future.
I wasn't surprised he told my brother everything which he too advised him further never to try it.

Do u know this guy married a liability,I mean a non contributing wife,his income has depleted badly that,he now beg and live basically on loan,just immediately his wife gave birth.

If u go to his house,he would be begging u for money because he got it all wrong. There were girls in his level and those above his level In the office but he left there and got hooked with a liability...now his father that depends him can no longer get anything from him anymore and i heard that his father is very angry.

What a life.

The father was a liability in the first place but a man who cannot feed a liability cannot stand. Children in the infant stage are liabilities... Practice makes perfect. Everyman should make enough dough to feed at least 10 liabilities that's the bitter truth if not you can't stand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by BRATISLAVA: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Honestly things are really getting crazy with the nature of story that spring forth everyday. I was in counseling session with a woman days ago and I lack what to adviced.

What can you advise in a situation where the husband refused to go out to get a job nor engage in any form of business or do anything to provide for his home? He always complain and turn down any job suggestion from his wife, thereby watching her do all the struggles all alone?
He stays back at home and wait for what his wife's beings?
What kind of situation is this?
Are they men out there who really practice this kind of lifestyle?
What would you advise such a wife?
Is this enough reason for a woman to cheat?

He must be a nairaland man.

3 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by BRATISLAVA: 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
IamMobisola:
Sad story but not a new thing. What we believe or see online about marriages are lies. Many married women are the breadwinners of their home. See lots of married men in newspaper stands early in the morning, arguing and giving takes about politics. Pass by bars during the day and see same. Lots of these wives take the financial burden of the family upon their heads just to cover shame on their husbands.

But social media won’t tell you this. “Nigerian women are liabilities” is what social media will keep telling the world.

98% of the men who scream that line are 100% of the most worthless ones with lungs.

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by BRATISLAVA: 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
DIVAD2000:

How many organizations in the society are there to empower men unlike the economic organizations that empower women specifically.

This is one of the disadvantages

If men are empowered this issue won't be occurring

Why do men need empowerment? Didn't they build the world anymore? Are they no longer men?

3 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by HussenAdul: 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
The location is Abuja. If you're serious about helping, I can link you up with his wife then she can bring in her husband
Do u know area of specialization or profession?
The jobs are in Delta or Anambra
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
HussenAdul:

Do u know area of specialization or profession?
The jobs are in Delta or Anambra
I have no idea. But I can ask
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by oliverwrites: 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Pity in what contex?
I hate monsters and no matter what my experience in life, I will never treat a woman bad, especially as I have girls, but these days, when I read about men being monsters to their women, my first instinct blames the woman.

That feel is as a result of what I am going through.
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
oliverwrites:
I hate monsters and no matter what my experience in life, I will never treat a woman bad, especially as I have girls, but these days, when I read about men being monsters to their women, my first instinct blames the woman.

That feel is as a result of what I am going through.
Whatever you're going through, take it easy. Life is short.

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Ikennaford: 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
But you said the State. Your sisters who stayed back in Nigeria, do you still advice them to do what you wrote up there?
Sure, you choose the kinda life you wanna live and I'll respect that

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by frankloh: 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Honestly things are really getting crazy with the nature of story that spring forth everyday. I was in counseling session with a woman days ago and I lack what to adviced.

What can you advise in a situation where the husband refused to go out to get a job nor engage in any form of business or do anything to provide for his home? He always complain and turn down any job suggestion from his wife, thereby watching her do all the struggles all alone?

Women do this too.. The wife should react same way she would have loved to be treated if tables were turned..
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by weslay: 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:

Do you know that it’s the responsibility of the brides family to pay for wedding expenses?

They’re just scamming us

This is not true for most African cultures.... The fact you saw it online doesn't mean it is a general practice. In my place the groom's dad is responsible for all the wedding expenses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Bluffly: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
When there's hunger in the house. What is he overseeing?
Read well. Everyone must work.
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by frozen70(f): 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

Cheating doesn't solve this kind of problem

If you can't tolerate such bad attitude which places him as a lazy man

Ignore him and continue to run uoir home and face your children

If he dares raises his hand on you or give you any verbal abuse, just separate from him and move on with your life

By the time he can't fend for himself he will dust his shoes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by achimendy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

Is enough reason to dump his sorry ass, he's an entitled and deadbeat father/husband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by sajiwere(m): 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
I watched a film where I received the shock of my life from this quote "love the woman you marry" the truth of the matter is that in life we may not necessarily marry the person we love but if we follow that quote the victim you refer to could have marry someone at his level to raise his status
Nice2023:

Let me give u am example.
There was a time my younger brothers friend followed me and he was to drop at a junction before mine.

In the course of our discussion,he told me he was planning to marry,and me being me,I advised him never to marry a woman that is not doing anything at all because the guy works in place that has great future.
I wasn't surprised he told my brother everything which he too advised him further never to try it.

Do u know this guy married a liability,I mean a non contributing wife,his income has depleted badly that,he now beg and live basically on loan,just immediately his wife gave birth.

If u go to his house,he would be begging u for money because he got it all wrong. There were girls in his level and those above his level In the office but he left there and got hooked with a liability...now his father that depends him can no longer get anything from him anymore and i heard that his father is very angry.

What a life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Henz81: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2023
Darlingme:

Except she has forgotten her vow: for better for worse. Sorry i dont have any advice. It's her cross to carry.
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by MrSly(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2023
Darlingme:

Women are always vindictive in life. Most men are sole breadwinner in the family and no one complains. If a woman does the same it is no crime. Shikina
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Flame77: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2023
Darlingme:
Oh. You don't know before?
It doesn't matter, what matters most now is that you've finally confessed it grin grin
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by GUNITGuy: 10:50am On Aug 16, 2023
Darlingme:
Pls, it's a serious issue here. Men are wired to be in charge. That's how God made it. When you reverse it, it's against God's original plan and it doesn't always go well.
He needs motivation and prayer's and let his pride down and work....Most women of this generation only loves white collar men but blue collar are treated with disdain and disrespect....job system globally are being automated and it's going to get worse with time .....
They're trying to eliminate the system of me going to an office job and replace it with more women who can just do some task on computer and get all the job done ...
Reasons we are having less jobs for graduate especially.....
It's not easy for a man in Nigeria infact kudos to them ... it's easier for a woman to get a office job than for a man now every where in the world ...
Like I said motivate him and respect every of his efforts

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by HussenAdul: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
Darlingme:
I have no idea. But I can ask
U said u were in a counseling session with her, meaning she reported their issues to u for help (husband's joblessness & job rejections).
As a Guardian Councillor one of ur basic questions b4 going public would have been:
1). What was the husband's occupation/profession.
2). Why was he out of job.
3). Why did refused to accept new job offers
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Pojomojo: 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2023
FOJEM:

Is the wife sick, that she cannot work to also provide for the family? Let me ask you, who benefits more from the children when they become successful in future?
Any man who kills himself trying to provide for the family must be a fool. The day he dies, the wife starts having sex with other men on their so-called matrimonial bed!
undecided
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
Darlingme:
Pls, it's a serious issue here. Men are wired to be in charge. That's how God made it. When you reverse it, it's against God's original plan and it doesn't always go well.
If men were indeed "wired" as you claim then you wouldn't find men who are able to go against this programming, would you? It is women who refuse to accept the reality of things that get hit the hardest. undecided

And please stop dragging the mentions of God into what is foolishness. He never did nor said any of what you claim, so you have no reason to mention him. undecided

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 9:52am On Aug 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If men were indeed "wired" as you claim then you wouldn't find men who are able to go against this programming, would you? It is women who refuse to accept the reality of things that get hit the hardest. undecided

And please stop dragging the mentions of God into what is foolishness. He never did or did any of what you claim, so you have no reason to mention him. undecided
How? You have a problem with the name ''God''?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Most Nigerians Like To Reduce Their Ages? / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 16 Years Of Waiting(photos, Video) / Dear Family, A Depressed Soul Needs Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.