Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs (7584 Views)

Ajaokuta Steel 110 MW Thermal Power Plant Back To Life / Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production / Dangote's New Cement Factory To Create More Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by aljharem3: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2011
I have to say that this political party called PDP has successfully destroyed Nigeria. Many talents and indigenous companies have been closed down all because PDP that want to create a one party state based on incompetence and lack of ideas for this Nation, one example that comes to mind is Innoson cars.

I read Iweala and co talking of economic revival and how they would create 110,000 jobs for the youths using a word called "YouWin" which swallowed up 50 Billion Naira. This program is aimed to open up businesses for the youths thus 50 billion was use, right !

Now I would like to share with you avenues of which the FG can use to create Jobs for graduates if they are fair minded. These are ajaokuta steel mines and Innoson cars

This two industries can create more than 300,000 jobs for youth ranging from the banking sector to the actual sites of mining and constructions. Ajaokuta can actually provide the necessary steel needed for Innoson cars but only if the government help the company out.

Also these two companies would increase our IGR instead of the government removing the subsidies

these are just my though, I don't know if i am thinking wrongly here or maybe just short-sighted with my thoughts. And I would like someone that knows more about these things to explain to me more about it.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by asha80(m): 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2011
i laugh when people blame nigeria's problem on pdp.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by aljharem3: 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2011
asha 80:

i laugh when people blame nigeria's problem on pdp.

then who's fault

I think PDP has been ruling for 12 year and they are all civilains, so I expect them to be a bit more sensitive to the people's needs
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by asha80(m): 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2011
alj_harem:

then who's fault

I think PDP has been ruling for 12 year and they are all civilains, so I expect them to be a bit more sensitive to the people's needs

during 1979 to 1983 was it under pdp?if you think nigeria's problem is pdp then you can also believe that tiger is native to nigeria.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by ak47mann(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2011
these are innoson products

Chairs
Tables
Cans
Drums
Tableware

Household Plastics

Models
PVC Hoses
Ammeter Boxes
Dustbins
Tanks
Helmets

Toys
Plastic
Ceilings

Products

Chairs
Tables
Cans
Drums
Tableware

Household Plastics

Models
PVC Hoses
Ammeter Boxes
Dustbins
Tanks
Helmets

Toys
Plastic
Ceilings
Pallets
Motorcycle parts
Motorcycles

Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by asha80(m): 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2011
one more thing ajaokuta steel was dead on arrival.read up about how the russians that set it up did it in a way that will make us dependent on them to run the factory
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by ak47mann(m): 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2011
more

Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by ak47mann(m): 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2011
more

Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by aljharem3: 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2011
asha 80:

during 1979 to 1983 was it under pdp?if you think nigeria's problem is pdp then you can also believe that tiger is native to nigeria.

i mean during democratic rule
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by aljharem3: 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2011
asha 80:

one more thing ajaokuta steel was dead on arrival.read up about how the russians that set it up did it in a way that will make us dependent on them to run the factory

I think it is a very very sad and painful event that our government is not ready to let go and start again.

I keep thinking that if only the steel mines and innoson can work together, then we would not be having this unemployment issue we have now
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by Johndoe100(m): 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
The problem of unemployment is more than the 300,000 you mention here. I would recomend that you study this administrations proposals on job creation. Altogether we are looking at creating between 4 to 5 million jobs in the next 3 to 4 years.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by aljharem3: 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2011
Johndoe100:

The problem of unemployment is more than the 300,000 you mention here. I would recomend that you study this administrations proposals on job creation. Altogether we are looking at creating between 4 to 5 million jobs in the next 3 to 4 years.

Surely, I know this that is why I asked if anyone is knowledgeable enough to educate me on the issue

Moreover, A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by jason123: 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
Johndoe100:

The problem of unemployment is more than the 300,000 you mention here. I would recomend that you study this administrations proposals on job creation. Altogether we are looking at creating between 4 to 5 million jobs in the next  3 to 4 years.

I know this is not meant for me but do you think the highlighted can be done without a constant source of power supply (in general, an "enabling environment"wink? I am not a senseless critic of GEJ's administration neither am I a fanatical supporter but judging from the little we have seen so far, its safe to say that the highlighted part of your post is an over-exaggeration.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by ak47mann(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2011
in Britain now job loses had gone ski rocket 2.5million job loses,more migrant  going back to their country of origin. And Nigeria haven't even started improving things for the common man cool that county is on life support cool
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by igbo2011(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2011
alj_harem:

I think it is a very very sad and painful event that our government is not ready to let go and start again.

I keep thinking that if only the steel mines and innoson can work together, then we would not be having this unemployment issue we have now

Very true, we need to set start manufacturing.  South Africa is doing it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma1c2soMzuw&feature=channel_video_title

Government loves supporting Adenuga and Dangote but they need to also help Innoson get off the ground. it is called the infant industry.  I learned this in my first university economics class. Ngozi has a PhD she should know about this too (unless she is a puppet for the west)

asha 80:

How so?
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by Johndoe100(m): 10:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
jason123:

I know this is not meant for me but do you think the highlighted can be done without a constant source of power supply (in general, an "enabling environment"wink? I am not a senseless critic of GEJ's administration neither am I a fanatical supporter but judging from the little we have seen so far, its safe to say that the highlighted part of your post is an over-exaggeration.

Are you in Nigeria? If you were, you would know that the power situation is on the way to being solved. Anyway the power issue is one part of the solution. There are others such as the gas revolutionn - almost 500,000 jobs, the PIB bill another 500,000 jobs. We expect to have almost 3 million jobs from the agricultural refoms and initiatives that are coming. There are others that I could mention.
We are on track, people just need to join hands with this admistration.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by aljharem3: 11:38pm On Oct 12, 2011
igbo2011:

Government loves supporting Adenuga and Dangote but they need to also help Innoson get off the ground. it is called the infant industry.  I learned this in my first university economics class. Ngozi has a PhD she should know about this too (unless she is a puppet for the west)

How so?

I strongly belive that Iweala is not working for us but for the west

All her polices since GEJ era has been against Nigeria, I don't understand her
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by aurenflani: 11:53pm On Oct 12, 2011
the iranians wanted to purchase the s-300 air defence system from the russians but the russians have been playing hide and seek. already the iranians are designing a better system domestically. so in answer to ur claim about the russian factor with regards to ajaokuta steel, i say a serious nation would have since found a solution even domestically. afterall, we do have competant engineers and scientist etc. unfortunately, a are never ready for our collective benefit but individual benefit.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by aljharem3: 11:55pm On Oct 12, 2011
aurenflani:

the iranians wanted to purchase the s-300 air defence system from the russians but the russians have been playing hide and seek. already the iranians are designing a better system domestically. so in answer to your claim about the russian factor with regards to ajaokuta steel, i say a serious nation would have since found a solution even domestically. afterall, we do have competant engineers and scientist etc. unfortunately, a are never ready for our collective benefit but individual benefit.

I believe so as well

Obj was the one that really killed this Ajaokuta for good

Every year, thousand of PHD engineers etc are churned out universities, only to remain unemployed

The fg should use this people
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by aljharem3: 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2011
Just today as we were discussing on this thread, Nigeria invested 2.8 billion dollars meant for Nigeria to indonisia

Are we not our enemy

[size=13pt]Nigeria to invest Rp 24t in Indonesian refinery deal[/size]
The Jakarta Post | Wed, 10/12/2011 2:19 PM A | A | A |
Nigeria plans to invest Rp 24 trillion (US$2.68 billion) in Indonesia to fund the construction of three oil refineries, an official says.

The Industry Ministry's director general for manufacturing-based industry, Panggah Susanto, was quoted by kompas.com as saying that both countries had agreed to build the refineries in Indonesia.

Nigeria, which produces 2.6 million barrels of oil per day (bpd), was looking for a partner to refine its crude oil, Panggah said.

"Previously they wanted the refineries to be built in Nigeria," he said Tuesday. "However, as Indonesia is currently improving its downstream industry, Indonesia wanted the refineries to be built here instead."

The refineries, which are projected to produce 300 bpd each, will be used to process crude oil from Nigeria.

"State firm PT Pertamina will buy the crude oil from Nigeria and process it here," he said.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/10/12/nigeria-invest-rp-24t-indonesian-refinery-deal.html
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by htajz: 12:20am On Oct 13, 2011
alj_harem:

Just today as we were discussing on this thread, Nigeria invested 2.8 billion dollars meant for Nigeria to indonisia

Are we not our enemy

[size=13pt]Nigeria to invest Rp 24t in Indonesian refinery deal[/size]
The Jakarta Post | Wed, 10/12/2011 2:19 PM A | A | A |
Nigeria plans to invest Rp 24 trillion (US$2.68 billion) in Indonesia to fund the construction of three oil refineries, an official says.

The Industry Ministry's director general for manufacturing-based industry, Panggah Susanto, was quoted by kompas.com as saying that both countries had agreed to build the refineries in Indonesia.

Nigeria, which produces 2.6 million barrels of oil per day (bpd), was looking for a partner to refine its crude oil, Panggah said.

"Previously they wanted the refineries to be built in Nigeria," he said Tuesday. "However, as Indonesia is currently improving its downstream industry, Indonesia wanted the refineries to be built here instead."

The refineries, which are projected to produce 300 bpd each, will be used to process crude oil from Nigeria.

"State firm PT Pertamina will buy the crude oil from Nigeria and process it here," he said.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/10/12/nigeria-invest-rp-24t-indonesian-refinery-deal.html
this must be a joke or twisted news
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by aljharem3: 12:23am On Oct 13, 2011
htajz:

this must be a joke or twisted news

LOL this is the sort of disheartening news you get from Nigeria daily

Just today
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by TomFord: 1:28am On Oct 13, 2011
why 50 billion on a pink elephant project that a quarter of the unemployed can't access neither will they feel the impact.

is this iweala figure actually sound in economics and financial mgt?

why can't the money be channelled into moribund industries that will be money spinners in the medium/long term not some competition based on who has the best business idea/concept

undoubtedly,we are our enemies
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 13, 2011
Years of undisciplined PDP's greedy rule left that impact.

Innosan's products are cool for Nigeria's economy, but looks like cheap items from the dollar general. Wouldnt buy any of it sha.

I like new innovations, new designs, new etc. . . .
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by igbo2011(m): 3:13am On Oct 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Years of undisciplined PDP's greedy rule left that impact.

Innosan's products are cool for Nigeria's economy, but looks like cheap items from the dollar general. Wouldnt buy any of it sha.

I like new innovations, new designs, new etc. . . .

If you support them now then they will get better later.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 13, 2011
igbo2011:

True sha.

Very true.

I will think about it.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 13, 2011
Still recruiting, Join the train, We need a revolution, Contact "coolented@yahoo.com" We need to fight or we would be dead
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by kodewrita(m): 9:58am On Oct 13, 2011
igbo2011:

better for them to improve themselves and not rely on us.

They should give us good products and not expect us to buy crap. Nobody buys water tanks every year so once you buy a crappy one, you are stuck with it. Better a good foreign/old one than new nigerian crap.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by asha80(m): 10:01am On Oct 13, 2011
igbo2011:

How so?

i do not have the time now to dig up the setting up of ajaokuta.just browse aroud the internet.it has to do with us relying on a material processed in the then soviet union (cannot remember the name now) to run the factory
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by PointB: 10:05am On Oct 13, 2011
@topic,

Actually the CORE NORTH destroyed Nigeria - starting with [b] General Buhari [/b]who interrupted democracy, and installed his cronies in a bigotry leaning regime! He effectively dragged the rest of the country backward! Today, as if by karma, Core North is still ravaged by poverty, illiteracy, disease, and terrorism.

So they can take 60 percent of the blame for starters!
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by presido1: 10:12am On Oct 13, 2011
kodewrita:

better for them to improve themselves and not rely on us.

They should give us good products and not expect us to buy crap. Nobody buys water tanks every year so once you buy a crappy one, you are stuck with it. Better a good foreign/old one than new nigerian crap.
Are u sure u are not using their crapy products already. When next u get seated in an occasion pls check for innoson sign before you relax.
Re: YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs by Bawss1(m): 10:16am On Oct 13, 2011
Johndoe100:

[b]Are you in Nigeria? If you were, you would know that the power situation is on the way to being solved. [/b]Anyway the power issue is one part of the solution. There are others such as the gas revolutionn - almost 500,000 jobs, the PIB bill another 500,000 jobs. We expect to have almost 3 million jobs from the agricultural refoms and initiatives that are coming. There are others that I could mention.
We are on track, people just need to join hands with this admistration.

Off topic but the line in bold is far from the truth. I am in Nigeria and other than all the talk of master-plans blueprints and grand schemes there hasn't been any improvement in power that I have noticed.

I am curious though, when are the agricultural reforms and initiatives going to be implemented? Any time lines available?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Black Friday: How To Benefit From The Biggest Sales On Konga/jumia / Dangote, 14 Others Gain N127bn On Stock / Trusted Businessman Who Can Take My Naria And Pay A Seller In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.