Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,966 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

How To Combat Frizzy Hair And Achieve Smooth Locks In 7 Ways - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How To Combat Frizzy Hair And Achieve Smooth Locks In 7 Ways (133 Views)

Sonia Ogiri Buys A Range Rover, Her Third New Car In 7 Months (Pix) / Ruth Eze: I Shaved My Hair And My Fiance Dumped Me / Alex Slays In Matching Red Hair And Skirt!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Combat Frizzy Hair And Achieve Smooth Locks In 7 Ways by Nerdjoint: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Frizzy hair can be difficult to manage. If you’re having one, there are several ways how to combat frizzy hair and achieve smooth locks. In this post, I will list 7 ways you can apply to fight off the dreaded frizz.

What is frizzy hair?

Frizzy hair is a type of hair that mainly affect curly or wavy hair. It occurs when the outer layer of the strand, called the cuticle, becomes damaged and lifts away from the inner layers.

Frizzy Hair Symptoms

The main symptom of frizzy hair is that it looks dry and lacks shine due to its uneven texture; in addition to this, it may also feel rough to the touch because of split ends.

Factors that can make the hair frizz

Frizz can be caused by a variety of environmental and lifestyle factors. Here are five main factors that can lead to dry, frizzy hair.

1) Over-washing

Washing your hair too often strips it of the natural oils needed for hydration. As a result, the scalp produces extra sebum, leading to greasy roots and dry ends—both conditions contributing to increased levels of frizziness.

It’s recommended you wash your hair no more than two-three times per week. When washing, try to use lukewarm water as hot water will further strip away moisture from strands, making them even drier.

How to Combat Frizzy Hair and Achieve Smooth Locks

1. Use A Moisturizing Shampoo

Frizzy hair is often caused by dryness or a lack of moisture in the scalp or strands of hair. One of the ways to get rid of frizzy hair when it’s dry is by using a hydrating shampoo that can help lock in moisture for smoother tresses.

It’s also important to use conditioner after every wash; this will provide additional nourishment for the scalp as well as detangling benefits that make styling easier later on.

Source: https://berrytips.org/how-to-combat-frizzy-hair-and-achieve-smooth-locks-in-7-ways/

(1) (Reply)

BUE AKPORO SOGHO: Award For Outstanding Youth In Philanthropy / Profile Of Agbona Odunayo Mceepraise / How To Find A Booking Agent: Symphonic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.