Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? (30123 Views)

ELECTRICAL(CONDUIT&FITTINGS),CCTV, AUDIO SYSTEM, VIDEO DOORBELL & ELECTRIC FENCE / Electrical Piping Both Surface And Conduit / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by DesChyko: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
I'll like anyone with insight or experience on why this demand was made to let me know if this is standard practice.

These pair of prepaid meters has been installed since 2009 (14 years ago) and the house was built with conduit wiring. The wire bearing the supply from the electric poles entered the building as shown below and exits where the meters and junction boxes for each flats are installed (pictures shown below).

It was quite surprising when I came home today to meet this 'Disconnection Order' from EKEDC, asking that the wires be pulled out off the wall within 48 hours to avoid disconnection (or visit their office at Isashi).

I'd like to know if anyone has had this experience before and what the reason for such order is as I do not think conduit wiring is outlawed by them before now..or has it been outlawed?

Note that there is no contact email or phone number on the order and my primary concern is how breaking the walls if necessary might affect the structural integrity of the building. I'll appreciate any rapid response to this.

Thanks in advance.

Pic 1: The order: Meter No(Yellow), Home Address (Blue).
Pic 2: Entry point of wires
Pic 3: Exit point of wires
Pic 4: Remarks on order

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Mbedilipoo(m): 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
Okay
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by masterfactor(m): 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
Let me wait for the elders

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by edlion57(m): 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
They are right ,u can only hide ur output cables not the input cables going to the meter,their fear is that u might tap/bypass the power/supply before it gets to the meter.

226 Likes 12 Shares

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by MilesLamar(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
Lol, oga they want to see the wire all the way from the pole to your meter boss

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by MatrixReloaded: 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
If I talk I fit expose everything. Abeg carry dey go.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by ojasweb(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
I better not use them
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by HORLADY(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
To avoid bypassing

This hustle for front-page abi FTC is real o

21 Likes

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by austano1234(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
First time of making front page...

I guess they are suspecting you bypassed some connections. Visit them at their office to sort it out.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by saintbillion(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Patriotic9ja(m): 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
Illegal connections. Tell us exactly what you did inside the conduit. Seems some heavy loads have been bypassed

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Babaflenjor: 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
K
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by DenreleDave(m): 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
Typical Nigerian modelled after the their leaders..

You have probably done some illegal connection or bypass some things but typical Nigerians, go online and abuse our leaders of corruption then go back to their own dormitory to engage in such act too..

Oga comot everything and pay for your light...

Barawo...... angry angry angry angry

Leaders corrupt
Citizens corrupt
Leaders of tomorrow, already corrupt

OP, if this is not your house, pass my message to your Landlord/ caretaker

Haaaaaaaaaa, Nigeria angry angry angry angry angry angry

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by nairalanda1(m): 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
Go to EKEDC with an expert electrician. Find out what exactly they want, and then return with the officals and the electrican and do the appropriate repairs.

Problem solved.

My opinion though.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by soccerlite: 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Maybe it's a new policy

But wire going into meter are put as surface connect

15 Likes

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by slowice(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nigeria is exhausting man.

3 Likes

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by pol23: 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
People go distribute wire for AC and Freezer off the metter and put only lighting Unit on the meter…
We and our leaders are thief…
They just form criminal associations like “Association of Past Criminals”
While we dey run our thief individually, the reason they’re stealing more than us is because they’re united… remember team work makes the dream work.
I be power company I will direct everyone to put their metter outside on the pole… but I understand Adamu , Femi and Emeka might steal it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Mccullum: 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Write them to come prove it wrong if there's anything they suspect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Obakoolex(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Show them this image to teach you which one to cut undecided
grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Beat dem after police , Lastmana Nepa men remain.. goncollect wotowoto

1 Like

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by nairalanda1(m): 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
slowice:
Nigeria is exhausting man.

It's called bureaucratic issues. Every country has them.
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by mob(m): 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
Oga bring your wire out..
Most connection like yours are mostly internally bypassed

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Truthfulguy10: 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wahala
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by maclatunji: 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
The figures don't add-up in the mind of EKDC

5 Likes

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by maxiuc(m): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
grin

Dem dey suspect sey you don't by pass meter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by pcagbaji(m): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
But you for just go to their office and ask them na they may be at a better position to explain to you if truly they mean it

2 Likes

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Osanoghodua1: 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
Meter may have been bypassed.

4 Likes

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by molas02: 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
I bet it with my life ... U have been using illegal connection since 14years ago... By calculation u will be owning upto half a million

26 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper / PHOTOS: Gov. Ganduje Sells 2 Bedroom Houses For N2.7 Million In Kano / Bitter Experience Of A Landlord Whose Tenants Refused To Pay 3 Yrs Rent Or Quit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.