Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop (2331 Views)

Football Viewing Center Business / Introduce Your Game Center Business In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by Godmother(f): 11:09pm On Oct 12, 2011
Guys, I'm confused on the business to go into. I want to pick a biz based on a lot of criteria, but mostly on the amount of return I will get monthly. I have an idea of how much I could get from the beauty shop, but could someone give me what to expect from a viewing centre
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by jossylad86(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2011
My dear, stick with the beauty shop idea. Just consider ways to make it outstanding and have a unique niche from all others.
Good luck.(gesketchteam@hotmail.com)
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by chuks4380: 6:17am On Oct 14, 2011
Pls is it the football viewing center that you're talking about? well if that is the case, i must say the it's majorly a function your location followed by how much you have to start the business because; it is your location that will determine how much you can rent the land you want to use, it is your location that will tell you the population density and the number of people within the age range of your target costumers and this in turn determines the number of people to expect, it is your location that will tell you the nature of power supply and how much you can budget for fuel, it is also your location that will tell you the standard of living of the people living there and that will determine how much you will be charging and finally, your location will tell you the level of competition you will face in terms of the availability of other viewing centers. So put these things together and you can predict to a reasonable extent how much you can be making monthly. Also bear in mind that the business of a viewing center is a seasonal business and when the season has ended, there will be no income instead you'll still be paying for the venue at least to secure it for the next foot ball season. I think this will be of help if what you are talking about is a football viewing center. GOOD LUCK
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by yamakuza: 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2011
chuks4380:

Pls is it the football viewing center that you're talking about? well if that is the case, i must say the it's majorly a function your location followed by how much you have to start the business because; it is your location that will determine how much you can rent the land you want to use, it is your location that will tell you the population density and the number of people within the age range of your target costumers and this in turn determines the number of people to expect, it is your location that will tell you the nature of power supply and how much you can budget for fuel, it is also your location that will tell you the standard of living of the people living there and that will determine how much you will be charging and finally, your location will tell you the level of competition you will face in terms of the availability of other viewing centers. So put these things together and you can predict to a reasonable extent how much you can be making monthly. Also bear in mind that the business of a viewing center is a seasonal business and when the season has ended, there will be no income instead you'll still be paying for the venue at least to secure it for the next foot ball season. I think this will be of help if what you are talking about is a football viewing center. GOOD LUCK 

can the average viewing centre in a residential area hope to attract at least 100 people daily paying N100 each?

(Aside nkwobi and drink money.)

If not, what figures can one expect?

Thanks
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by chuks4380: 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2011
For some good places in lagos and even in ibadan, you can get people to pay up to 100 naira for a match but for starters you shouldn't expect up to 100 people. I suggest you keep your mind at something between 60 and 80. but one good thing is this; if your services are good, the number will definitely increase with time likewise as you advance into the football season.

Another thing is this; most times the number of people you get and the amount they pay boils down to the standard of living of the people and the population density of the area, so it still boils down to your environment.

One more thing, whatever is the amount you decide that they should pay, start with that, even if the turnout is small initially, but always try to improve on the services you render and the turnout will definitely increase. Never start small and say that you want to increase the price as time goes on because people are always skeptical whenever price is increased irrespective of what led to the increase.
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by yamakuza: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2011
chuks4380:

For some good places in lagos and even in ibadan, you can get people to pay up to 100 naira for a match but for starters you shouldn't expect up to 100 people. I suggest you keep your mind at something between 60 and 80. but one good thing is this; if your services are good, the number will definitely increase with time likewise as you advance into the football season.

Another thing is this; most times the number of people you get and the amount they pay boils down to the standard of living of the people and the population density of the area, so it still boils down to your environment.

One more thing, whatever is the  amount you decide that they should pay, start with that, even if the turnout is small initially, but always try to improve on the services you render and the turnout will definitely increase. Never start small and say that you want to increase the price as time goes on because people are always skeptical whenever price is increased irrespective of what led to the increase.

thanks a lot.

I think i'll estimate 60 x N50 or N3k daily or N100 x 80 making N8k daily as my lower and upper limits, giving about N5k daily average.

One more thing. For those who dont watch football, when does the season start and end?

Can i assume there'll be matches 3 out of 4 weeks every month, or just 6 out of 12 months? Which months?

Does anyone know how many football days, weeks or months are in a year?

Thanks!
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by chuks4380: 5:21am On Oct 15, 2011
the football season starts from early august to middle of May the next year so there is always a break between May and August. You can get up to 10 to 12 star matches every week from the premiership, la liga, serie A, FA Cup, champions league, international friendlies and qualifications but sometimes about 3 or 4 of them may be going on at the same time.
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by yamakuza: 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2011
chuks4380:

the football season starts from early august to middle of May the next year so there is always a break between May and August. You can get up to 10 to 12 star matches every week from the premiership, la liga, serie A, FA Cup, champions league, international friendlies and qualifications but sometimes about 3 or 4 of them may be going on at the same time.

Thanks a lot!

You've been very very helpful.

So, what other businesses can/do viewing centers combine to maximise daytime utility, since most matches are at night, and to make up for the 4 months May to August break?

Gaming center add on?
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by chuks4380: 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2011
most viewing centers combine it with PlayStation whereby people can pay to play but I suggest you also include table tennis and snooker. However the downside to this is that unlike football that you have stamped tickets with serial number and you know the duration of every match, these other ones are not like that it will require a lot of supervision if not, it is what the board-man gives to you at the end of the day that you'll take.
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by yamakuza: 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2011
chuks4380:

most viewing centers combine it with PlayStation whereby people can pay to play but I suggest you also include table tennis and snooker. However the downside to this is that unlike football that you have stamped tickets with serial number and you know the duration of every match, these other ones are not like that it will require a lot of supervision if not, it is what the board-man gives to you at the end of the day that you'll take.   

Thanks. U too much!
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by chuks4380: 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2011
It's the least I can do. Glad it's of value to you.
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by Godmother(f): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2011
From the replies, its like there is a lot of profit from viewing centers as well.
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by papapee: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2011
The beauty/cosmetic is lucrative and viable most especially if you can access institutions there is an international cosmetics and perfume business l want to introduce you to in fact you may not need a shop to operate it yet you have the privileged to distribute the products.you can mail me at olubunmi underscore obafemi@yahoo.com
Re: Viewing Center Business Or Beauty/cosmetic Shop by jonadestiny: 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
Cosmetic and Bueaty Business for Sale in Alaka Estate Surulere

Business for Sale in Alaka Estate Surulere

Are you looking to start your own business? We have an already set up cosmetic and beauty shop for sale.

Just come in, analyse and start your business stress free.

Caveat

Please note that the shop is on rental but every other thing in the shop belongs to the new owner so you can renew your rent at will after one year

This business is for those who have been looking for the right business and this is a major opportunity to set up your cosmetic and beauty shop and you can also have space to do your Saloon if desired.

For more information:

Contact

Snow White on

(1) (Reply)

Making Money On Blogging / The Store Where Everything Costs N1,500 / Retirement: Annuity Or Programmed Withdrawal ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.